Page 591 of 664 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 13274

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

  1. #11801
    Underdog
    edgeheadstingerfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    7395

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    How do you motivate yourself to write a full, quality PPV when you don't feel like it?

    I know everything I want to write and how I want it to develop, I just don't want to write it...

  2. #11802
    Main Eventer
    Sykotic's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    8,439
    Rep Power
    283562
      Country                    Wales

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Aftermath by Willis was pretty dope too.

    As for the suggestions the one that sticks out the most to me is The Bible from The Serpents POV. Twist on something so vast and with endless possibilities.

  3. #11803
    Underdog
    edgeheadstingerfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    7395

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Aftermath by Willis was pretty dope too.

    As for the suggestions the one that sticks out the most to me is The Bible from The Serpents POV. Twist on something so vast and with endless possibilities.
    Thanks.

  4. #11804
    No One

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    296244
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vid View Post
    How do you motivate yourself to write a full, quality PPV when you don't feel like it?

    I know everything I want to write and how I want it to develop, I just don't want to write it...
    If you dont want to write it, people probably dont want to read it and its probably boring. I know. Totally harsh. The only thing you can guarantee when writing something is that one person will enjoy it: you. If that one person wont enjoy it in that he doesnt want to write it then youve lost that guarantee. Move on to something you want to write.


  5. #11805
    No One

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    296244
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vid View Post
    Which of these non-wrestling BTB would you all like to read?

    - Dragonball Z
    - Heroes Part I
    - Naruto Part I
    - X-Files
    - Bleach
    - Lord of the Rings TV series
    - Underworld TV series
    - Craigslist (The Movie OR TV series; undecided)
    - Gabriel (2007) (TV series spin-off)
    - Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse or American Indian gods TV series
    - The Bible from The Serpant's POV
    - Stranger Things (Season 2)
    - Unsolved Mysteries (webisodes)
    Naruto if instead of focusing on Naruto you take a more epic approach to it and follow either the whole class of genin or different villages. None of that chosen one Naruto is super special stuff and everyone is just there to help him.


  6. #11806
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,098
    Rep Power
    187471

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    If you dont want to write it, people probably dont want to read it and its probably boring. I know. Totally harsh. The only thing you can guarantee when writing something is that one person will enjoy it: you. If that one person wont enjoy it in that he doesnt want to write it then youve lost that guarantee. Move on to something you want to write.
    Quote for truth.

    Writing something because you are obligated to write it is one thing if its school or work. But when its a hobby writing project.... that's problematic. And its not going to result in a quality product. And if you aren't enjoying it and therefore not producing work that's worth producing, what's the point?

  7. #11807
    No One

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    296244
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    So BP hows that BTB youre working on going. Im really excited for it.


  8. #11808
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,098
    Rep Power
    187471

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    So BP hows that BTB youre working on going. Im really excited for it.
    Pretty good. I'm up to 3 words being written per week now. I am planning on the opening post to be about 14,000 words, so gonna be a bit of wait yet.

  9. #11809
    Main Eventer
    Sykotic's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    8,439
    Rep Power
    283562
      Country                    Wales

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Question?

    Is it okay to describe a gauntlet match as turmoil match? Or is that term only okay when it is a tag team gauntlet match?

  10. #11810
    Underdog
    edgeheadstingerfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    7395

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Thanks BP and John.

    I was going with that "view count" thoery on people enjoying my work, but I think the true measure of people caring about your work are reviews (especially thorough ones). Those are the be-all, end-all.. or however that goes.

    No offense to anyone, but I feel like Millar should be getting more reviews...
    Last edited by edgeheadstingerfan; 04-18-2017 at 03:39 PM.

  11. #11811
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    9536
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vid View Post
    How do you motivate yourself to write a full, quality PPV when you don't feel like it?

    I know everything I want to write and how I want it to develop, I just don't want to write it...
    Develop interesting storylines with characters you like or care about. There's a lot of stuff I've wanted to write but only with writing wrestlers I like or care about and putting them in stories which I enjoy or are different from the norm have I wanted to write. If you don't enjoy the stories or care about the wrestlers you're fighting an uphill battle. That's why I tend to book as many fan favourites or personal favourites on my ppvs.

  12. #11812
    Underdog
    edgeheadstingerfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    7395

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Develop interesting storylines with characters you like or care about. There's a lot of stuff I've wanted to write but only with writing wrestlers I like or care about and putting them in stories which I enjoy or are different from the norm have I wanted to write. If you don't enjoy the stories or care about the wrestlers you're fighting an uphill battle. That's why I tend to book as many fan favourites or personal favourites on my ppvs.

    Makes sense. I prefer to build slowly most of the time, even if it means things are boring at first.

    I forget who the person's s/n, but they have a complete fantasy booking where men fight women and it's fuggin' GREAT!

    Maybe I should just write for me and do something completely bonkers and off the wall, because that's what I really want to write and just do it.

    Otherwise, I'll keep starting duds and quitting when it gets too strenuous.


  13. #11813
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    9536
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Totally write for yourself. As has been said, the more you enjoy writing it, the more we will enjoy reading.

  14. #11814
    No One

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    296244
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vid View Post
    Thanks BP and John.

    I was going with that "view count" thoery on people enjoying my work, but I think the true measure of people caring about your work are reviews (especially thorough ones). Those are the be-all, end-all.. or however that goes.

    No offense to anyone, but I feel like Millar should be getting more reviews...
    No reviews arent the be all end all. Far from it. Been through this discussion too much to go over it again. But some people dont have time or dont want to review. Theyll just drop a rep or comment or may not say anything but still read. And some threads dont have mass appeal and wont get as many reviews too. Reviews really dont correlate to quality. Best you can do is try to make a friend on here willing to listen and talk about your btb and vice versa.


  15. #11815
    American Ninja

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Saitama Super Arena
    Posts
    597
    Rep Power
    27002
      Country                    United States

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vid View Post
    Which of these non-wrestling BTB would you all like to read?

    - Dragonball Z
    - Heroes Part I
    - Naruto Part I
    - X-Files
    - Bleach
    - Lord of the Rings TV series
    - Underworld TV series
    - Craigslist (The Movie OR TV series; undecided)
    - Gabriel (2007) (TV series spin-off)
    - Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse or American Indian gods TV series
    - The Bible from The Serpant's POV
    - Stranger Things (Season 2)
    - Unsolved Mysteries (webisodes)
    X-Files!

    I came up with an X-Files fan fic idea a while back where it crosses over with the Friday the 13th universe, if I didn't suck at the dialogue part of writing I'd give it a shot, most of the story would be told through people talking to each other though, a bit of an epilogue for F13(pretending all the movies after part 5 never happened) with a big twist at the end.

  16. #11816
    Underdog
    edgeheadstingerfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    7395

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    If there weren't so many Marvel and DC Comic stuff up top, I'd go that route.

    Someone has a Pokemon one going. It's super kool.

  17. #11817
    Tag Team Specialist
    Sky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,217
    Rep Power
    52294
      Country                    United States

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Question?

    Is it okay to describe a gauntlet match as turmoil match? Or is that term only okay when it is a tag team gauntlet match?
    Indy promotions have used the term "turmoil match", but I believe WWE is pretty consistent with gauntlet vs. tag team turmoil.

  18. #11818
    Mid-Card Champion
    Prince Declan of Dimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    689
    Rep Power
    4884
      Country                    Australia

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Honestly, I think I am going to go down the route of just doing monthly recaps of all of my feuds. With school exams coming up soon, this would be the most efficient way for me to produce my BTB. Has anybody here (Except Millar) had success with a monthly recap?

  19. #11819
    No One

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    296244
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    Honestly, I think I am going to go down the route of just doing monthly recaps of all of my feuds. With school exams coming up soon, this would be the most efficient way for me to produce my BTB. Has anybody here (Except Millar) had success with a monthly recap?
    No. No one besides Millar.


  20. #11820
    Russo Knows Best!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,977
    Rep Power
    18910

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    There were a few others before me, although I think me and LG have done very well in maintaining the style. I would recommend it as a style for those that struggle with the week to week basis, although in many ways it is less challenging.
    The BTB Section Only Improves If We All Improve Together.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •