Page 541 of 658 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591641 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 13143

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Legit

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Steenalizer View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to help the post Wrestlemania 27 tag team scene, I feel like if I was to help it I would need to introduce a bunch of teams straight away within the first month. Is that a good way to do it or not?
    The tag teams at that time were awful. I don't think there would be anything wrong with debuting some new teams straight away. WWE have just done it irl, so it's not unrealistic.

Salvation is Cold

Status

I have been looking at starting back up my NWA BTB: http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=159298

It's an old post but I hope that is not an issue. I'll likely cut down on the updates from all those companies I was dealing with before, but still give key elements to keep that global NWA feel I was going for and the idea that there is something going on down in these smaller places that could end up spilling over onto NWA on Showtime television.

On Vacation

Status

What about interviewing some of the e-fed staff for Art of Booking?

It would be interesting to read what guys like Cyrus and Jimmy have to say about booking philosophy, what it's like to book an e-fed vs. your own booker, and just general wrestling.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

No because this is the BTB section and they're completely unrelated. The BTB section and Art of Booking in particular is for BTB Legends.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Hulkamania

Status

Does anyone use EWR for their BTB? If so, what difficulty do you usually use on the game?

Rusev Day

Status

Yep I do and just normal difficulty, that's quite hard enough

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    No because this is the BTB section and they're completely unrelated. The BTB section and Art of Booking in particular is for BTB Legends.
    It's creative writing. It's not apples to oranges, it's oranges to grapefruits. It's your show tho.

You've got an archive for AoB, what about other community stuff like the BTB Newsletter/Roundtable? Glossing over those has been enjoyable and informative.

Rusev Day

Status

We've got a big summer coming up as you'll see so stay tuned. The consensus is to keep BTB and e-fed sections very much separate on here and it works well that's all.

If you want to read some quality work you could search for King of BTB as well.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

We've got a big summer coming up as you'll see so stay tuned. The consensus is to keep BTB and e-fed sections very much separate on here and it works well that's all.

If you want to read some quality work you could search for King of BTB as well.
    I interpreted that as "this is the Be the Booker section where you book storylines and results you come up with. If you want to create a character and rise to greatness in straight-up competition, CWA is that way." I just thought it would be cool to read what some of the e-fed staff have to say because they don't really have the same outlet.

I tried searching for King of BTB, "BTB is too common" so all I got were the results for King. 500+ pages... That's the reason I brought up the roundtables/newsletters. I knew about that stuff because I've been checking up on this section for a while, but someone new coming in may see "Art of Booking" and think that's it. I just think it would be helpful for the roundtables/newsletters and stuff like KBTB to be archived too.

Rusev Day

Status

Agreed. I don't think there are many but I'll see what I can do in the next couple of weeks. There is loads of stuff in the information centre which is pinned.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

This is just a bit of house-keeping, but the links in the BTB Rules and Info Center need to be cleaned up - they take me nowhere.

And what's the Section Contributor of the Year? Like a reviewer of the year?

Rusev Day

Status

The links are broken because the site went down about a year ago - frankly it is not high on my priority list to fix as all the info is in that thread pretty much and if you want to find it you can navigate to the posts yourself.

And no, it is Section Contributor of the Year so it encompasses reviewing as one part of it but also everything else that person does for the section, might be advice they give in this thread and stuff like that as well or maybe they judged the King of BTB Tournament.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

The links are broken because the site went down about a year ago - frankly it is not high on my priority list to fix as all the info is in that thread pretty much and if you want to find it you can navigate to the posts yourself.

And no, it is Section Contributor of the Year so it encompasses reviewing as one part of it but also everything else that person does for the section, might be advice they give in this thread and stuff like that as well or maybe they judged the King of BTB Tournament.
    Does that count the BTBs they posted themselves?

Rusev Day

Status

Nope. It is mainly based on reviews but it is more all encompassing. BTB work is separate hence all the other awards.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Since starting my PWE BTB, I've been toying around with ideas to make it different from other projects in the section and ways to live up to the "rebuilding the sport" tag line. One of my ideas is making two conferences and a series of matches get them into a tournament and the winner of the tournament gets to go on to face the World champion. Probably wouldn't work or would take some fine tuning, but it's something a bit different instead of just having championship divisions.

The Villian

Status

Did a good ol' fashioned Google search to look at some posts on the King Of BTB 2014 competition entires I got to say, incredible work! It's inspired me to work hard with BTB and hopefully I can get to that sort of ability one day.

For those who want to read: http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=157272

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Was thinking of doing a BTB after WrestleMania 20 but I'm not sure what to do with Chris Benoit (my view on him changed after his death) and Eddie Guerrero?
    Would it be better to not having them in the BTB or take them out due to their deaths espically Benoit controversial death
    Ladies and Gentlemen, My Name is Paul Heyman and I welcome you to

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman View Post
    Was thinking of doing a BTB after WrestleMania 20 but I'm not sure what to do with Chris Benoit (my view on him changed after his death) and Eddie Guerrero?
    Would it be better to not having them in the BTB or take them out due to their deaths espically Benoit controversial death
    Stevie Richards super push imminent!

Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Legit

Status

Completely up to you, buddy. I've seen in the past where they've just been written out in some way after their deaths, or you could just completely redo the WM20 results without them.

WC's Resident Expat

Status
      Country                    Australia

Pretty much echoing what ThatWeirdGuy has said. I've done BTB's with both Benoit and Eddie in it, just without Benoit and without having either of them. It's completely up to you but if do choose to write one or two of them out at least for me personally, as long as there's a reason explaining so then you should be good to go
    WWE 2016 - TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS | IN THE BTB SECTION TODAY!

Thread Information