Thread: December 31st 2008 Top Five Talents

God

Status

December 31st 2008 Top Five Talents

After every show here in Clique Wrestling Alliance we will be giving special recognition to the five best performers (Promos). After the second show you will see much more detail in this feature including previous high and how may consecutive shows they have ranked top five in. So without any further hesitation, the top five are:

05. Abdul Akbar Alsam (Score: 6.4)

Despite not winning the Lightweight Championship like he promised, he did still have a big say in where the title went.

04. Dr. Jack Adams (6.5)

So close yet so far. If Abdul Akbar Alsam had kept his nose out of other people’s business he could very well be Lightweight Champion right now.

03. Roberto (6.7)

The Beautiful Man made a Beautiful impact on his debut when he booked a title match for himself at the first ever CWA Pay Per View. Cant ask for much more than that.

02. Joey Nicholas (7.0)

The new CWA Lightweight Champion has ranked highly on his debut. Nearly any other week and he would have gotten the number one spot for his efforts.

01. The Ultimate Pain (8.3)

Completely dominating in the first CWA match. One of the more experienced members of the roster picked up were he left off last time with an impressive win to earn himself a Heavyweight Championship match.

Can these five continue to win and maintain their momentum or will they fall flat on their face and let someone else take their spot at the top of the card. We’ll have to wait and see.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Re: December 31st 2008 Top Five Talents

The following are the promos for Adrenaline Rush - December 31st:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff "X-treme" Hardy (Devon Jones' Promo)
    Devon rides to the camera

Devon: Hello... I am Hell's angel... This is my human form

Devon fades away. The scene goes black, then

Devon: Hell will set foot...

Devon rides away & the camera stops
    Quote Originally Posted by Paid Laid Made (Joey Nicholas' Promo)
    The camera pans on Michelle Kelly and Joey Nicholas, who’s back is to the camera. The CWA banner can be seen behind the two on the wall.

Michelle Kelly:
    Ladies a Gentleman I am Michelle Kelly, and joining me now is one of the contenders participating in the Four-way Elimination bout for the CWA Lightweight Championship, Joey Nicholas! Joey, how do you…

Suddenly before Michelle can finish her sentence Joey twirls around, aviator sunglasses covering his eyes, grinning cunningly into monitor

Joey:
    From everyone in attendance to those watching at home on their lazy asses, feast your eyes on pure greatness! You are all witnessing the highlight of the night! The real deal sex appeal, Joey Nicholas! And it will be my pleasure to be crowned the first ever Lightweight Champion in CWA history!

Joey pauses for a moment to the ensuing of boos throughout the arena

Joey:
    The three losers against me have no
    chance at winning . First you have Tony Burlom. The half tard that seems to be stuck in eighth grade and can’t seem to grasp the harsh reality that he is indeed a complete and utter failure. Hey Tony! Here’s a clue, go back to playing World of Warcraft in your parent’s basement maybe then for the first time in you’re pathetic excuse of a life you can feel a sense of accomplishment!

Takes a moment to check out Michelle before continuing

Joey:
    Next you have Doc Adams, the man crippled an innocent man in a no named organization and then supposedly experiences an epiphany that he was jus going to walk all over the competition in the CWA. Listen Doc, I’m going to tell you this one time, your place is backstage handing out business cards and offering happy endings to all the boys in the back, not in the squared circle with the likes of me. You’re a fluke! And you will never amount to anything more than a failed chiropractic turned wrestler if you continue living a lie.

Pauses briefly

Joey:
    Lastly you have Akmed…

Michelle: (Interrupts) Abdul Akbar Aslam?

Joey: (Looks to Michelle) You should know The Real Deal doesn’t speak Arabic Michelle! (Looks back into the camera) As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, Akmed hails from the Middle East, and from the looks of him he has never heard of a hairstylist either as he looks like a cross between Doc Adams and Carrie-Anne Moss! (Laughs) What a joke!

Pauses once more and chuckles

Joey: But rest assure I am better than each and every one of my three opponents in every single way, shape, and form. There is no question that I will be walking out of New York City tonight with the gold around my waist. I’m going to be the one to set the bar and set in stone that I Joey Nicholas am the best performer this company has yet to see!

Joey gazes into the camera with a cunning smirk for a moment before turning his attention to the two gorgeous valets turning the corner heading his direction. Nicholas then proceeds to put one at each arm and begin toward the sage. While the trio makes their way to the entrance ramp, Nicholas looks back over his shoulder and gives a flirtatious smirk toward Michelle. Michelle in turn is shown looking in disgust and shakes her head while the camera fades to black
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf (Abdul Akbar Alsam's Promo)
    The camera fades in to show the Statue of Liberty. The camera pans back to fit Abdul Akbar Alsam in the shot aswell.

“America. You think you are the best at everything. From your pathetic sports to your self indulgent claims of construction. The single greatest piece of construction work in America. The Statue de la Liberte. Not even made by Americans. To millions of people, this statue represents many things. Freedom? Maybe if you’re a politician. Welcoming? Only if you were born in this country. Some even claim bravery. To me, that is the biggest lie of them all. How can a country who has such a history of unprovoked sneak attacks claim to be brave? Unprovoked attacks on unsuspecting and peace loving countries like my glorious home land of Iraq.”

“My homeland of Iraq, it is in turmoil. And its all because of you, America. You think you rule the world and everyone should do whatever you say. It is because of this attitude, that the entire world hates America. Its not just the countries in which you cowardly attack, its even your so called allies. I have support all over the world for my mission. My mission of revenge. My mission, to bring Lady America to her knees and make her suffer like she has made my people suffer.”

“Complete and utter domination is the only acceptable result for my mission. It starts tonight inside the CWA Wrestling Ring. I was trained for many years in the Iraqi military and that training, has made me unstoppable. Week by week, month by month, more and more people will feel my revenge. I don’t care who I have to go through, I can not, and will not fail my ultimate mission. I will rip this pathetic country apart, piece by piece by piece until there is nothing left. Tonight, the Lightweight Championship will find a new home, around the waist of someone who is not a coward. Someone who fights for what he believes in. Someone who will not be pushed around by Americans. Tonight, its just the beginning. America, revenge has been a very long time coming. I will accomplish my mission and deliver revenge for all the innocent lives in which you have brutally taken away.”

“Just try and stop me.”

The camera pans back in to show a final close up of the Statue of Liberty before fading to black.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Half Boy
    The shot opens to show Logan V, sat on the bonnet of his car. He's dressed in his full wrestling gear, and the car is parked on the street. In the background, we can see an Arena, the marquee of which reads "Tonight! Adrenaline Rush! SOLD OUT!" Logan V looks into the camera, and begins to speak.

Logan V: You know, it's been a long time. I've not stepped through the doors of a wrestling arena in a long time. This is a big step for me. But do you know? I'm ready.

I've not met a single one of these jackasses I'm wrestling tonight, I've not bumped into any of them backstage, but I know them. I know all their moves, all their tricks. And I've heard their boasts.

I've heard the stories. The freaks and geeks walking into the offices demanding title shots. Delusional fools, the lot of them. I've held gold before. I've tasted the champagne. I've flown in the lear jets, and I've eaten the caviar. I was young, and I threw it all away. This time? This time will be different.

I know who I am now. I'm a man with a destiny. That destiny isn't gold. If that's what I find on the path, I'll gratefully accept it. My destiny is to leave a pile of broken bodies in my wake, to shatter the dreams of those who stand before me.

Just when they think they know the answers, I'll change the questions. My name is Logan V. And I will be your destruction.

Logan V jumps from the bonnet of the car, and walks towards the arena. As he reaches the door, he puts a hand on the handle, takes a deep breath, opens the door, and steps through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pr0xy (Frankie Enzo's Promo)
    The clip starts with a limousine rolling into a parking lot, stopping and having the driver open the door to reveal two beautiful women and Frankie, as they leave the limo Frankie links arms with the two women.

The camera then focuses on the titantron, on the tron is a small room with a mini bar and a large couch, Frankie opens a bottle of champagne and pours three glasses full.

Frankie: "You see this; beautiful women, limousines, $100 bottles of champagne, $1000 dollar suits(slight pause), I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to have all of this(slight pause), I earned it, and Im not going to let ANYONE get in my way to the top of this business, Im better than every slimeball in this building, including YOU,(slight pause) you people make me sick. I shouldn't have to prove myself to you or the boss of this place, Im so damn good I should be given a title shot, why do I have to compete in a fatal four way match against a load of little punks?

Frankie stands up and drinks the whole glass of champagne in one, leans towards the camera and points to himself.

"You see me, Im far superior to anyone in this business and I shouldn't have to prove my self to them, they should prove themselves to ME!"

Frankie sits down and pours another glass of champagne, both of the ladies begin to grope frankie and kiss him and unbutton his shirt.

"Now If you don't mind, Im kinda busy, now beat it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy 2 Slow (Roberto's Promo)
    Orlando Maxwell is in the back with a mic in hand.

O.M.: Hello wrestling fans, Adrenaline Rush is just a few days away and this man, Im about to interview, is going to be involved in the 4 way Heavyweight Elimination Match. Ladies & Gentlemen please welcome Roberto Superstar.

Roberto comes in dressed like a rapper.

ROBERTO: YO YO YO pussycat, hows it hanging?

O.M.: Excuse me? Roberto?

ROBERTO: No, no, no, today you can call me MC Delicious.

O.M.: MC Delicious?

ROBERTO: Yeahhhhhh Boooooooyyy!!! Ya see, last night I was chilling with my homegirl, ya know, and we was watching MTV Raps, ya know, and it got me inspired. I even wrote me some rhymes. You wanna hear 'em son?

Orlando Maxwell gets all excited.

O.M.: Yes, I would love to hear your rhymes.

Roberto turns his hot backwards and clears his throat.

ROBERTO: Ok now G, give me some beat.

Orlando starts doing some beatboxing.

ROBERTO: Here we go, ya ya!!! 1, 2, 3 into to the 4.....Delicious is gonna make all your asses sore.

Half of yous is fools and half of yous is clowns.....that's why on the 31th you all is going down.

But its ok, I feel kind of generous.....thats why at the ppv I'm gonna make you all famous.

Frankie Enzo, you always trying to act tough, but you aint real.....at Adrenaline Rush, I'm going to serve you this meal.

Roberto points at his crotch like The Rock used to do.

O.M.: ":-O"

ROBERTO: and you Vance Johnson, ha ha should I be scared of your dark persona?.....ha ha I think Im more frighten of the Jonas Brotha.

And Mike Rotch, thinking you're tough cause of your MMA background.....too bad you dont know yet, that in your piss and blood you're going to drown.

At Adrenaline Rush Im going to be victorious....this has been a special presentation of MC Delirious.

Orlando Maxwell starts applauding.

O.M.: That was dope homeboy.

ROBERTO: Thank you, Thank you. Ok Im outte, call me later G, we'll do lunch.....Ta Ta!!!

Roberto leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain (Dr. Adams' Promo)
    Dr. Adams sits in the hallway, flipping pages on a clipboard. He looks up at the camera and smiles.

I'm uncharacteristically happy today. You see, I haven't had anything to look forward to in quite some time.

Dr. Adams holds up the clipboard.

I have three new patients, and they all have an appointment for the 31st.

Tony Burlom, the poor lad, has been slumped over his video games for so long that he's developed a violent temper. I'm no psychiatrist, but he also seems to be a paranoid delusional. A quick crack of the spine should be adequate to alleviate his temper and snap him back to reality. If only all cases were this easy...

Dr. Adams flips to the next page.

The case of Joey Nicholas is a bit more difficult. He seems like a polite enough man, but he doesn't fool me. I've treated at least fifty guys just like him. I know the type. He hasn't wrestled a single match for the CWA and he already thinks he's the crown jewel. Forcing him to tap to the Final Adjustment should bring his ego down a few notches.

Dr. Adams flips to the next page.

It seems one Mr. Alsam has elected not to have a consultation. No matter. I was once renowned for my ability to evaluate and treat new patients on short notice. He will be no exception.

Dr. Adams puts down the clipboard and takes off his glasses. A proud, resolute expression washes over his face.

My time is at hand. How appropriate that the eve of the new year will mark the eve of a new era for the CWA, and more importantly, for myself. At Adrenaline Rush, I will become the first CWA World Lightweight Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSells (Ultimate Pain's Promo)
    *Backstage and Ultimate Pain’s little brother Matt ‘Minimal Pain’ Jones is making his way down the hallway, towards CWA’s interviewer Michelle Kelly.*

Matt Jones: “Why hello there gorgeous. You must be Miss Kelly?”

*Michelle Kelly rolls her eyes*

Michelle Kelly: “Yes, that’s me. And you are…?”

Matt Jones: “The name’s Minimal Pain, brother and manager extraordinaire of Ultimate Pain, but you...can call me Matt.”

*Matt winks at Michelle before grabbing her hand and kissing it*

Michelle Kelly: “Whoa! Steady on there. Just tell me what you’re looking and let’s get on with it.”

*Matt smirks and raises his eyebrows*

Matt Jones: “I can only hope that’s an offer.”

Michelle Kelly: “Ugh. Is it an interview you want or what?”

Matt Jones: “Actually, it’s my brother, he sent me to get someone to interview him before his match-up.”

Michelle Kelly: “If he’s anything like you, I’d rather not.”

Matt Jones: “Well he’s not as good looking, well-built, intelligent, humorous, or charming as me, but unfortunately for you, old Charlie boy won’t allow me any air time at the moment.”

Michelle Kelly: “How tragic…”

Matt Jones: “Yeah, I guess you'll just have to wait to interview me another time. Now follow me please.”

*Matt marches of at a brisk pace. Michelle shrugs her shoulders and tells the camera to follow her, as she follows Matt. Matt then opens a door down the hallway where Ultimate Pain is busy stretching for his upcoming match*

Matt Jones: “Yo Mil…”

Ultimate Pain *angrily*: “What have I told you Matt?! You have to call me Ultimate Pain around here!”

Matt Jones: “I know you don’t like your Christian name M…Sorry; Pain, but seriously, I don’t know how you never came up with something better than Ultimate Pain for a ring name.”

*Pain scowls at Matt*

Ultimate Pain: “Is that all you’ve came here for? To insult me?”

*Ultimate Pain finally notices Michelle Kelly is standing in the door way*

Matt Jones: “Evidently not. As you can see, I’ve brought Michelle here to interview, as per your requests, your almighty Lordship Pain.”

*Pain ignores Matt’s obvious sarcasm*

Ultimate Pain: “Alright, let’s do this interview then.”

Michelle Kelly: “Alright, start the camera John.”

*Pain checks his reflection in the floor length mirror in the corner, before getting into the camera shot for the interview*

Michelle Kelly: “So, Mr. Pain, what do you make of your opponents for tonight’s CWA Heavyweight Championship Ranking Match? Firstly Logan V?”

Ultimate Pain: “Ah, the masked man. His story doesn’t sound that unfamiliar to my own. A man who is making his return to the world of wrestling after a long hiatus. I know what you’re thinking, how can a man who hides behind a mask be compared to a man with striking good looks and a chiselled physique like myself?”

*Pain again stares into the mirror, this time smiling at what he sees*

Michelle Kelly: “I really wasn’t thinking that at all. Good to see arrogance runs in your family though.”

*Pain ignores Michelle*

Ultimate Pain: “Well, frankly he’s in comparison with me, in story only. This man is a shell of his former self, whilst I’ve managed to get back to my best, and then some. Also is it just me, or has he had to resort to stealing other people’s catchphrases? What was it again…? Just when you think you've got the answers...I change the questions. Maybe we should call him Roddy V instead.”

*Pain chuckles at his own joke, whilst no one else does*

Michelle Kelly: “How clever Pain. What about Devon Jones?”

Ultimate Pain: “This Hell’s Angel, biker wannabe isn’t even worth my time! I’ve seen him riding about backstage on his motorbike, and have over heard some ridiculous statements coming from his mouth. He actually believes he’s dating a WWE employee. Simply put, this man is delusional, and I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t put out first in the elimination match-up.”

Michelle Kelly: “And finally, your thoughts on Rich Stone?”

Ultimate Pain: “That’s Rich ‘The Future’ Stone I believe. Speaking of the future; here’s my prediction of his later tonight, his back on the mat, looking up at the ceiling whilst I cover him for the three count, just like I’ll have already done to the other two ‘freaks’.”

Michelle Kelly: “So you predict your return to the ring will be a successful one?”

Ultimate Pain: “But of course. Rich may believe he’s the future of wrestling, but I know I am the epitome of a Champion at this present time.”

*Matt is shown dosing off in the background*

Michelle Kelly: “Well that’s about all the time we have for you Pain, and as you can see from your brother’s reaction, that was a great interview.”

*Pain throws a towel at Matt, wakening him up*

Ultimate Pain: “Whoa, what?! All the time you have for me? I haven’t even done my catchphrase yet!”

Michelle Kelly: “Well hurry up with it then.”

Matt Jones: “Oh God! Don’t let him do the catchphrase! He won’t even make it to his match.”

*Pain stares at Matt, before returning his gaze to the camera*

Ultimate Pain: “Later tonight, every single fan here will see why I will be the first Heavyweight Champion in CWA.”

Michelle Kelly: “Hurry up with the catchphrase already.”

Ultimate Pain: “The simple reason for that being, that I am…”

*Michelle checks her watch*

Matt Jones: “The Ultimate Pain, we know, we know!”

*Pain ignores Matt yet again*

Ultimate Pain: “The Ultiiimaate…”

Michelle Kelly: “So this is really the best catchphrase he could come up with?”

Ultimate Pain *still ignoring*: “…”

Matt Jones: “Yeah, you’d think all that time on the injured list would have gave him a chance to come up with something better.”

Ultimate Pain: “…”

John: “Miss Kelly, I'm being told we really have to wrap this up now...

*Pain puts a pair of conveniently placed aviators on, before sliding them down his nose and staring into the camera*

Ultimate Pain: “…Paaaaiin!”

Matt Jones: “…in the ass!”

*Ultimate Pain jumps violently at Matt just before the camera cuts out*

And he scores goals...!

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

Can I ask how the scroes are calculated, so I can improve on them for next time?

God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Half Boy View Post
    Can I ask how the scroes are calculated, so I can improve on them for next time?
    Each judge will mark differently but the main aspects are relavance (To your caracter, your opponent, your match, your gimmick etc etc), grammar & spelling, presentation & overall intrest in what is happening in your promo. If you can get all them ticked you will get a good score and probably win.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Also, it doesn't hurt to have some substance to your promos. Don't just give the old 1 sentance "I will kill you" like Devon did....you wont get jack for that.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Sweet Meat

Status

lol @ how far above PS is to everyone else.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    lol @ how far above PS is to everyone else.
    it's a conspiracy!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

this shit is gay and staged.

/plays videogames

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Gud luk playin games without anything to play them wif. lolololololololololololololoololololl

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Thread Information