Thread: Tribute To The Troops Results And Discussion

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Tribute To The Troops Results And Discussion

Here are the results

We start off with a look back at other entertainers who have visited soldiers through the USO. We move to this year’s Tribute to the Troops show presented by the WWE.
    We see a video from President Bush talking about the troops and what they have volunteered to do. He thanks the WWE for supporting the troops and the work they have done to support the military.

Tonight’s show comes from Camp Victory in Baghdad, Iraq. Your announcers are Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole, who are broadcasting from Stamford, Connecticut.

Match Number One: Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and R-Truth versus John Morrison, The Miz, and John Bradshaw Layfield with JBHummer
    Bradshaw comes to the ring in a flak jacket and helmet as he pays off a member of the military to make sure that he stays safe.

R Truth and Morrison start off and they lock up. Morrison with a knee and forearm and then he punches R Truth in the corner. Morrison dances in front of R Truth. Truth avoids a punch with a split and hits a drop kick and hip toss. Truth sends Miz over the top rope when he tries to interfere. Bradshaw hits Truth from behind but Truth avoids a clothesline and Hardy sends Bradshaw out of the ring. Punk, Hardy, and Truth with stereo pescados and then they return to the ring and we go to commercial.

We are back and Miz with a clothesline into the corner on Punk and he gets a near fall. We see footage during the break when Miz sends Punk into the ring steps when the ref was distracted. Morrison tags in and he keeps Punk from making the tag. Punk with a power slam and both men are down. Hardy and Miz tag in and Hardy takes care of Morrison and Bradshaw on the apron and then he hits a clothesline on Miz for a near fall. Hardy with a leg drop and then he hits a clothesline in the corner followed by a baseball slide for a near fall. Miz with an Irish whip but he charges into an elbow and then Hardy hits Whisper in the Wind but the cover is broken up. Punk hits a springboard clothesline on Morrison. Hardy sets for the Twist of Fate but Bradshaw makes the blind tag and hits a clothesline on Hardy. Truth punches Bradshaw and then Truth clotheslines Miz over the top rope to the floor. Bradshaw with a big boot to Hardy. Bradshaw tries for the Clothesline from Wall Street but Hardy moves. Hardy with a Twist of Fate and then he goes up top for the Swanton and hits it for the three count.
    Winners: Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and R Truth

We see the Director of Armed Forces Entertainment in the crowd. We go to a video package of the wrestlers talking about the troops and the job that they are doing. They show the wrestlers interacting with the troops while on the tour.

We go to commercial.

We are back and it is time for Santa to come to the ring. This year’s Santa Clauses are Cryme Tyme. JTG gets on the mic and he yos for a bit. Shad asks JTG where Santa’s helpers are and the Divas come to the ring.

We see another video package with footage of the soldiers and some letters sent to them by children.

We go to commercial.

We are back with more footage of the superstars with the troops talking about the experience in Iraq and the wrestlers in parts of Iraq. Bradshaw talks about the differences that he has seen since they started coming to Iraq for the shows. They show a school that they helped to rebuild.

Match Number Two: Big Show, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton versus John Cena, Rey Mysterio, and Batista
    Batista and Orton start things off and Batista with a clean break but Orton with a punch and he continues the attack on Batista. Batista with an Irish whip and clothesline. Batista tries for the Batista Bomb but Orton goes for the knees. Jericho tags in and he kicks Batista. Batista catches Jericho and hits a side slam. Rey tags in and hits a seated senton splash and a tilt-a-whirl head scissors that sends Jericho into 619 position in the ropes, but Big Show catches Rey and sends him to the ground as we go to commercial.

We are back and Rey kicks Jericho in the head and Jericho keeps Rey from making the tag. Jericho catches Rey again when he tries to make the tag again. Jericho sends Rey into the turnbuckles and punches him. Jericho slaps Rey followed by an Irish whip but he charges into a boot. Rey avoids Jericho but he cannot get away from Big Show who hits a head butt. Jericho and Show argue and Jericho pushes Show. Show comes in and Jericho pie faces him. Show choke slams Jericho and head butts Orton. Show leaves the ring and goes AWOL. Rey and Jericho are down but Cena and Orton tag in. Cena with a flying shoulder tackle and then he hits the Blue Thunder Bomb. Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena gets Orton up for the FU but Jericho stops him with a boot to the head. Batista with a clothesline to Jericho. Orton with a back breaker to Batista and then he sets with the Orton push ups for the RKO. Cena gets to his feet and he pushes Orton off and Orton and Jericho collide and fall into 619 position. Rey hits the double 619 and then Batista with the Batista Bomb to Jericho while Cena hits the FU to Orton and we get a double pin.
    Winners: John Cena, Rey Mysterio, and Batista

We go to credits with a video package

pwinsider

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Tribute To The Troops Results And Discussion

I respect what they do and all, but I'm glad they didn't waste a Raw on it. Tribute to the Troops is a glorified house show, imo.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

This was a fun show. You could tell that everyone had a great time. Even Orton and Jericho broke character a little bit during the match. Good stuff.

I wonder if Show is turning face again.

`

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    I respect what they do and all, but I'm glad they didn't waste a Raw on it. Tribute to the Troops is a glorified house show, imo.
    I always felt the same way, but its a one year celebration and they deserve the spotlight.

Perhaps the reason they didn't wasted on monday night raw was because wrestlers broke character. Though, i dont know if the show was live.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by factum1 View Post
    I always felt the same way, but its a one year celebration and they deserve the spotlight.

Perhaps the reason they didn't wasted on monday night raw was because wrestlers broke character. Though, i dont know if the show was live.
    The show is never live, its always recorded 2 or 3 weeks before hand.

I think the reason it wasnt on Raw is because NBC give them a shitload of money to do it on their channel.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

No, it was taped like 3 weeks before it aired. I agree they do deserve a show, so I like how they had it on Saturday unlike the past.

Edit: Crock beat me

On Vacation

Status

I can understand why they put it on Raw when Xmas day falls on a Monday.

Thread Information