Thread: Should JBL Retire?

Oh Hell Yeah!

Status

Should JBL Retire?

It's a question i've been wondering for a long time. I'm sure many of you have been contemplating this question as well. I think JBL should call it a day sooner rather than later. I know he is in a feud with HBK now and im not sure where or when this is going to end but I hope for them both that it's at Armageddon. HBK still has what it takes but I doubt JBL has and he hasn't been in a proper feud/wrestled in a long time since his run on SD!

Thoughts?

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Should JBL Retire?

I agree 100%. His wrestling career has ran its course imo. He's already had a reign with the WWE title with which hardly anyone else that had been in the business along side him throughout the years can say.
    Raw has enough stars to fill his spot as heel when he in fact does hang up the boots imho

101 Proof

Status

Yeah. I don't really see any point in him wrestling anymore, unless he begins to put a lot of young people over, and then retire. His feud with HBK may be interesting, but its really just consuming air time that younger talent could use to do what JBL's done in his career.

WAKE UP

Status

JBL still has plenty offer in terms of putting people over. His ring work has never been amazing, but he still put on an entertaining match in the right situation here and there and his mic work is still as great as ever, oh and he is still a heat magnet. So no, he still has alot to offer and should not retire yet.

The Menacing Rat

Status

I don't think he should retire, not in atleast 5 years, he's a very good heel he should wrestle for a little bit longer.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Absolutely not.

I think JBL still has a lot left to give to the business in the ring befroe he steps down. He can have great fueds and put people over when needed. He may not be the greatest wrestler in the business but he has good mic skills and great charisma to get the fans on their feet. Right now, I am very interested in the direction of the angle with HBK at the moment.

Hi, I'm literate.

Status

His title reign on smackdown was probably my favourite title reign of all time, completely amazing heel run.

I've been a bit disappointed with how he's been used on raw since his return, i think he just needs a really good angle to get into, and this HBK angle has a lot of potential.

Television Guru!

Status

Should he retire? Absolutely!
    JBL is a washed up hasbeen who could easily be replaced by even one of the weaker up and coming stars. If nothing else, move him back to the lesser quality smackdown show.

Established Veteran

Status

I agree, I dont think hes cut out to be in the ring any longer, ever since his feud with taker I think hes been washed up, I did however like him as a colour commentator.

And when there is no hope,
    "I'll smoke some crack, I'll shoot some dope!"
    When theres no enemies,
    "I sit and stare at my T.V.
    and in my ignorance,
    I'll be a slave and sycophant!"

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    JBL still has plenty offer in terms of putting people over. His ring work has never been amazing, but he still put on an entertaining match in the right situation here and there and his mic work is still as great as ever, oh and he is still a heat magnet. So no, he still has alot to offer and should not retire yet.
    Steven here pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Yes! His sagging breasts need to leave the WWE NOW!

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    be=Belgium

JBL is just so good with the mic, he's one of the best heels in the company. i don't like to watch him compete at ringside lately but it would mis his promos and stuff. maybe they give him a manager role, leading one or more wrestlers, hell, i even would let him be GM of Raw. i think he would do great in such a "power" position. i could live with him not being a wrestler anymore, but i hope he still stays a long time in WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Leave lvl alone, he's Belgian and does very well with his broken English.
    Gif sig too large.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Wow! What's with all the JBL bashing. Is he not entertaining enough anymore? I think he still has some years left and I think he is still fun to watch. I say wrestle another couple of years and then make a comeback 10 years later with a storyline that he had to come back to wrestling because he lost all of his millions and was broke.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Yes.

/thread

Haha!!

He's a commentator. That is it. True, he's a brilliant commentator. But still, that's it.

Maple Leaf Hustle

Status

Quote Originally Posted by lvl View Post
    JBL is just so good with the mic, he's one of the best heels in the company. i don't like to watch him compete at ringside lately but it would mis his promos and stuff. maybe they give him a manager role, leading one or more wrestlers, hell, i even would let him be GM of Raw. i think he would do great in such a "power" position. i could live with him not being a wrestler anymore, but i hope he still stays a long time in WWE.
    Make him a heel commentator then, in my opinion this would be the best way to use JBL's charisma without making him wrestle.

He bores me in all honesty, but he's more entertaining than someone such as Michael Cole is.

Thread Information