Thread: Talent Relations job: Who would you sign/ release WWE 2009?

Curtain Jerker

Status

Battleground Talent Relations job: Who would you sign/ release WWE 2009?

Ok i know this is not really booking a show but it is still taking some control of the WWE. If you could sign any 5 wrestlers from across the globe who would they be to try and better the product and also who would you release to cut costs.

sign:

1. Mistico: This guy has sick offense and is a million times better than Rey Mysterio. He is only 25 and could be in the WWE for a long time.

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi: I was pleased to see WWE sign a New Japan guy and hopefully one day they will get this guy as he is gold in the ring and has marketability.

3. Fergal Devitt: The irish Chris Benoit/ Dynamite kid this kid is talented has a good look and would fit in at the WWE as their new pure wrestler.

4. Teddy Hart: I know he has had problems with WWE as he was on developmental but he could bring so much to the company and the cruiserweight devision would start to look awesome.

5. Bryan Danielson: Its a good start that the best wrestler in the world has had try out matches this means that the WWE are interested in the American Dragon and hopefully one day he will be in the WWE.

Release:

1. The Great Khali: No real suprise here Khali really cannot work in the ring he has feuded with everyone that he could have and i think its time for him to pack his bags.

2. Batista: Ok i actually like Batista but as he is aging he looks lazy in the ring and recently it was reported that he was not happy with the direction of his character so i say get rid. He will also save the company money from his contract.

3. Manu: Ok this guy has nothing appealing whatsoever he is not a samoan monster, has no ring ability and is very generic. Although he is new to the roster i dont see him hanging around much longer.

4. Scotty Goldman: The only reason for this one is to stop treating one of the best indy workers like a joke and give him his release so he can return to ROH.

5. Snitsky: Terrible wrestler hardly on Raw so i say get lost and hopefully WWE will also think this soon.

There you have it hopefully you guys can give me some feedback on this topic as i am new and also hope to see your replys and views on who you would like to see and released in the WWE.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Talent Relations job: Who would you sign/ release WWE 2009?

I don't really watch anything out of the WWE, so I wont try to kid myself or anyone else naming off 5 other people, so I will just say who I would release...in no order:

1. Mysterio- I haven't liked him since he was in ECW, hes always getting hurt, he is quite boring imo.

2. Kennedy- I used to love the guy. He is so injury prone why have him on the roster? You just get a liking to him then he is out for 4 months...

3. Haas- Yeah, he has a funny gimmick, but what does he do after the impersonation gimmick?

4. JBL- I wouldn't "release" him necessarily, because he is a good worker, they shouldn't let him wrestle...maybe tell him to lose some weight and come back, but his current form is getting a bit ridiculous.

5. Hacksaw Jim- Come on...what does he do? Go to the ring, get a small pop, and end up losing to new talent...I wouldn't even call it getting the new talent over, because I don't see how anyone could take him seriously. He may give tips backstage and maybe train some people...but I'm sure they could do without him.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Yea id stick JBL back on the announcing table to be honest.

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Five to sign, given no constraints, and in no order -

Christian Cage - Has history there and a ready made storyline to jump straight back into.

Awesome Kong - Is the woman that makes the KO division what it is.

Matt Morgan - Surely a rib that a guy that can talk as well as he can (albeit he isn't cutting great promos in this current character) was used by the WWE with a stuttering gimmick. Given his size and voice you would have thought WWE would have creamed their pants when he was there. I can only presume he must have upset someone in the office! Doubtless, for me, he would get the monster heel push.

Claudio Castagnoli - Taller than most wrestler with RoH. Was reputed to have signed WWE contract at one stage but there are opposing views as to how this didn't quite happen. An excellent talent for the future as well as the present.

*Edit* Castagnoli later scrapped for Larry Sweeney in a much better pick from KillSteve

Bryan Danielson - Given that he is booked correctly, ie, imo allowed to work though the ranks of ECW at first and gradually built as a legit shoot style worker, I would be happy to see him in WWEland.

5 to release -

Snitsky - No point him being there. His possibility of a push is way gone, he's never going to get any better from here. Let him go.

Deuce - Awful worker, saddled with a terrible gimmick which he has bought across to Raw with him. Just no point keeping him.

Mike Adamle - I've given him a chance, he's hopeless. You would have thought that, given his $300k a year, he would have at least studied like mad about the WWE side of the business. But he's just an a-hole who should have been canned the very minute he came off stage having diluted Y2J and HBK's ladder match announcement. There's a view point that you have to keep him there and give him a job because of how much he's being paid, however, if he's costing you money/buys along the way....you're still having to pay him....so just cut your losses.

The Great Khali - Beyond awful. Knees are shot. Do him a favour.

Lena Yada (or) Tiffany - You decide, either one has to go. They do nothing.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Yea i forgot Kong too she is literally awesome and the womens division could do with a proper female wrestler.

Backyarder

Status

I agree with bringing in Christian Cage. I would also like to see:

Stone Cold back as a GM.

As far as cuts:

Khali- BORING to watch. That's when I usually check to see what's on the news.

Charlie Haas- going no where

Snitzky - Is he really still there?!

Move JBL to training the ladies (like they used to have Finlay doing) to bring them up to compare with the TNA Knockouts.

WAKE UP

Status

You could make the point for we to sign any good talent, but I think the most beneficial signing for them would be Mr Sweet & Sour, Larry Sweeny. Look at the amount of talent in the wwe who lack charisma and could benefit so heavily from having a manager. Sticking someone like Benjamin (who has the personality of a plank of wood) with Sweeny could potentially turn his whole career around for the better.

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Quote Originally Posted by KillSteve View Post
    You could make the point for we to sign any good talent, but I think the most beneficial signing for them would be Mr Sweet & Sour, Larry Sweeny. Look at the amount of talent in the wwe who lack charisma and could benefit so heavily from having a manager. Sticking someone like Benjamin (who has the personality of a plank of wood) with Sweeny could potentially turn his whole career around for the better.
    I can't believe I forgot Larry. Okay scrub Castagnoli for Sweeney on my choice.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I take this shit waaaaaaaaay to seriously... I'm gonna have to have aproper think about this one. Haha!!

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Hire:

Bryan Danielson
    Takeshi Morishima
    Delirious
    AJ Styles
    Gail Kim

Fire:

Candice Michelle
    Tiffany
    Lena Yada
    Duece
    Snitsky

Bisexual Psychotic

Status

Release:
    Ryan Braddock
    Mike Knox
    Gavin Spears
    Jack Swagger
    Brie Bella
    Nicole Bella

Hire:
    Shaniqua
    Cherry
    Jazz
    Big Daddy V
    Nunzio
    Balls Mahoney
    The Sandman
    Kristal Marshall
    Face it: elections are won by whoever can lie the best, while staying on topic and being politically correct.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marik the Poll Master View Post
    Release:
    Ryan Braddock
    Mike Knox
    Gavin Spears
    Jack Swagger
    Brie Bella
    Nicole Bella

Hire:
    Shaniqua
    Cherry
    Jazz
    Big Daddy V
    Nunzio
    Balls Mahoney
    The Sandman
    Kristal Marshall
    Other than Mike Knox, you're firing a group of people who've barely appearred on TV and only arrived over the the last couple of months. Give people a chance to make an impression man. Especially Swagger and the Bella twins.

And what's the use in hiring Cherry, she was useless in ring and on the mic. Big Daddy V was a crap gimmick, and utterly disgusting to watch. And Kristal Marshall was an awful addition to SmackDown in my opinion. You're hiring a bunch of people that won't draw fans and will simply get lost in the shuffle and get fired againa few months down the line. Why?

Thread Information