Thread: Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana.

I am sorely disappointed with what WWE are doing here. The guy simply has charisma coming out of his ears, and his wrestling is top notch, I just hope WWE remove him from TV and repackage him because him jobbing every week is stupid.

But anyway, what would you want to see him do? I personally am undecided, but think he deserves a push as he left a great place in ROH, where he could possibly have been ROH champion by now and WWE clearly have little faith.

So yes, what would we all like to see Scotty/Colt go on and do on Smackdown?

More like Hall of Lamer

Status

Re: Scotty Goldman/Colt Cabana.

ROH Champion sadly doesn't mean anything now and days with the way its being booked. I'd just like him to be used better on TV rather then being a uber jew.

Then, now, forever.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Shaun did you see his promo this week before getting squashed by Khali? It was really funny and confident, I couldn't believe he was getting owned by Khali, just a total waste. He hasn't won yet, just seems like the writers are just hating the new talent at the moment, it's the same from Braddock(?) I think he's called, he seems alright but he's being jobbed to.

God

Status

I havent seen the Scotty Goldman caracter yet, but Cabana never hit me as anything more than a Comedy Act. What do expect from him? Unbeaten runs?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

If Jesse and Festus are getting over on SD! why not? I don't see how someone whos a solid wrestler with good charisma can get a jobber space on a B-Show whereas Jesse and Festus etc. can get a decent push, worthless.

God

Status

Cause Festus is entertaining even if Delirious does it better. Jesse has a famous father, i cant remember who & dont care enough to check.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Cause Festus is entertaining even if Delirious does it better. Jesse has a famous father, i cant remember who & dont care enough to check.
    Terry Gordy

As for Colt, give him back his Cabana gimmick, shift him to RAW and start up the saints again.

I can't see Punk chasing the world title again now and i'd love another tag team for RAW.

WAKE UP

Status

I love the way they are using Goldman, this is how every newb they bring up should be used. Instead of having them boringly win their first match and go on a streak, have them really EARN their first win. If you have him job and lose alot, but still give him plenty of time like they are with Goldman, you can make his first win feel like a big deal rather than just "meh, another new guy". It feels alot more legit. In kayfabe, how realistic is it for a total noob to get a win over guys whove been in the company for years?

This thread is just typical fanboy-ism at its finest. The guy was good in a small indy company so he's expected to be treated like royalty in a big company.

On Vacation

Status

Goldman's promos are making him look like a tool. He should not be jobbed out, get him a feud!

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I wish they'd kept Steel in WWE and brought them up together as Second City Saints on RAW. Then involve them both with Punk somehow til he finally joined them as well.

Of course that would be pretty stupid as the majority of the audience wouldn't know what was going on but sure.

And he scores goals...!

WWWYKI!

Status
      Country                    uk_wales=Wales

I have to agree with some of the statements made, guy's incredibly entertaining but he's nothing more that a comedy jobber with the way WWE are using him. What was the point in putting him in a match with Khali, really?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I love Cabana and he earnt that love the hard way. I hated him at first in ROH. I saw him as nothing but a boring, comedy act who had no place in the company. But his talent shone through and destroyed my predjudice and he became one of my favourites before he left.

When he debuted I marked out and was just happy to see him on TV. I agree with KillSteve, this way that he's currently being portraited is getting him over with the fans. His promo's are funny and he's enjoyable to watch in the ring. When he gets his first win the timing has to be perfect, so the place goes crazy for him. Then he'll be able to go forward from there and begin to climb the ladder.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Lol, Steve i'm not a Colt Fanboy, sorry to say, I just think if he doesn't get a win, how is he supposed to get over? It's not like their using him like they did with Colin Delaney is it?

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveBatista View Post
    Lol, Steve i'm not a Colt Fanboy, sorry to say, I just think if he doesn't get a win, how is he supposed to get over? It's not like their using him like they did with Colin Delaney is it?
    Plenty of guys have gone on these boring debut streaks and failed to get over. He's already getting good reactions thanks to his fun promos. This way, when he gets his first win, it'll mean alot more and get a better reaction than if he had just won his first match.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I was watching SD and saw Goldman get his ass handed to him by Khali (I don't agree with the use of Khali but thats for another topic) WWE have started it with ECW and now with SD!, the old school promos donr pre-show and that appear during entrances, this is cool because it gets the guy over without wasting TV time. I hope that they keep him around and can then get into a fued.

Thread Information