Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

  1. #1
    Stud Muffin
    DD's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    31,229
    Rep Power
    14020
      Country                    United States

    Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    What do you make of all the WWE malfunctions lately?

    McMahons stage falls apart after the lighting falls over.

    The random, but obviously staged dude that jumped in front of Batista....

    The lighting falling over during a CM Punk promo.

    Clearly they are doing this for a reason. Now the question is why are they doing this?

    Sabotuer? Imcompetence? To showcase that nobody is in charge?

    Discuss.


  2. #2
    Basic B*tches

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    30,876
    Rep Power
    311

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Yes, I believe it's a sign of the chaos that has been created in an absent McMahon and otherwise free reign of terror world on RAW.

    The show can't live on without him.

  3. #3
    Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    I take it as a subtle implication that no one is in charge and chaos is ensuing. I'm wondering if this ties in with the whole Kane heel turn in someway.

    Or maybe its a way to write Regal back into the GM role, where he would try to persuade the mcmahons to give him his job back and use all the chaos as an example of what would happen without him around.

  4. #4
    On Vacation
    Cloud Strife's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midgar
    Posts
    6,181
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    ^I like the idea of using this as a way to bring back William Regal. Anyone know how much longer he has left in his suspension?

    Anyway, for some reason I think there is more to it than just the show being seen as having no control since the first malfunctions that I noticed occurred while Vince was still in charge. I could see it being tied to Kane's heel turn though. I think that he could be seen as having something to do with the stage falling with Vince during the draft and, then losing the ECW title sending him off the edge even more so.

    BTW... The random guy that jumped out during the short Batista scene was awesome.

  5. #5
    Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    ^I like the idea of using this as a way to bring back William Regal. Anyone know how much longer he has left in his suspension?

    I read that regal is cleared to return on 18th July for a house show featuring all 3 brands

  6. #6
    But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,756
    Rep Power
    99845

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    I believe Regal is cleared to make his official return at either The GAB or the following night's RAW.

    And he scores goals...!




  7. #7
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    The fact that things like this are still happening I think definitely supports the idea that it is being used as a way to bring Regal back. I don't really see any other logical scenarios.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Anyway, for some reason I think there is more to it than just the show being seen as having no control since the first malfunctions that I noticed occurred while Vince was still in charge.
    Couldn't those malfunctions just be attributed to Regal also? It could come out that he was behind everything, even McMahon's "injury".

    This reminds me of the Hummer angle from WCW.

  8. #8
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    17
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Nooooooooooooooo! Make Regal a wrestler or something. God damn, what is this, like the 3rd time in a year he's been "brought back" as GM? C'mon......Bring in somebody new. Or newer. Or just different. And how about a BABYFACE GM for once? Austin v McMahon(s) was one of the biggest and most successful angles in history, but it's become the cliche now for the top babyface to feud with the boss or authority figure. If they insist on beating this dead horse, which they will, at least change it up a little and have a heel like Orton feud with a babyface GM, like, say Shane McMahon?




  9. #9
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! Make Regal a wrestler or something. God damn, what is this, like the 3rd time in a year he's been "brought back" as GM?
    ???

    He was drafted to RAW last summer and he only left that one time when Cena attacked him. Considering that he was becoming a monster heel, there's no way WWE is going to miss out on the opportunity to capitalize on all that heat.

  10. #10
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    17
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    So make him a fuckin wrestler then. That is, afterall, what he is. Correct? And his monster heel gimmick was going to be vs Triple H, who's now on Smackdown.




  11. #11
    Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! Make Regal a wrestler or something. God damn, what is this, like the 3rd time in a year he's been "brought back" as GM? C'mon......Bring in somebody new. Or newer. Or just different. And how about a BABYFACE GM for once? Austin v McMahon(s) was one of the biggest and most successful angles in history, but it's become the cliche now for the top babyface to feud with the boss or authority figure. If they insist on beating this dead horse, which they will, at least change it up a little and have a heel like Orton feud with a babyface GM, like, say Shane McMahon?
    The heel GM works because in accentuates the common commical stereotype of bosses being evil/drunk with power, etc. Teddy Long is already a face GM so having another one wouldn't make it any different.

    Plus, besides vince, shane or steph, Regal is the only credible talent that can pull off the GM role well. And the fact that he's a wrestler furthers the possibility of Regal abusing his power to his advantage

  12. #12
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    So make him a fuckin wrestler then. That is, afterall, what he is. Correct?
    ...was he not wrestling regularly AND acting as RAW's general manager? Him having the power to do stuff like turn the lights off on a live broadcast is what gained him all the heat. You're basically suggesting to take away what was working.

    And his monster heel gimmick was going to be vs Triple H, who's now on Smackdown.
    I don't even see how this is relevant. I mean, it's common knowledge that plans for feuds and storylines NEVER change, but could he not feud just as easily with Cena, CM Punk, or any other top face on RAW? Who said it absolutely had to be HHH and no one else?

  13. #13
    Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gated residence 40 miles outside London.
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    171
      Country                    uk_england=England

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    It's a ghost.

    Watch out for Kane -vs- Casper at Mania 25.

  14. #14
    Stud Muffin
    DD's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    31,229
    Rep Power
    14020
      Country                    United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Wrong thread Mr. Durden.

    Please put your spectacles on before posting.


  15. #15
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    17
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin™ View Post
    ...was he not wrestling regularly AND acting as RAW's general manager? Him having the power to do stuff like turn the lights off on a live broadcast is what gained him all the heat. You're basically suggesting to take away what was working.



    I don't even see how this is relevant. I mean, it's common knowledge that plans for feuds and storylines NEVER change, but could he not feud just as easily with Cena, CM Punk, or any other top face on RAW? Who said it absolutely had to be HHH and no one else?
    You and a close friend decide to start a major program with one another, then you go and mess things up for the second time in 6 months and get sent home for 60 days. His whole power surge was built around his impending feud with HHH.

    You really think feuding with Cena or Punk will have the same effect? Punk is not that over and Cena is beyond saving with fans over 12. And what makes you think now that HHH is on Smackdown that Vince is going to be so willing to give Regal yet ANOTHER chance?
    Last edited by Jayman; 07-10-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language and name calling




  16. #16
    On Vacation

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,611
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    here we go again...

  17. #17
    Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gated residence 40 miles outside London.
    Posts
    18,044
    Rep Power
    171
      Country                    uk_england=England

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Diamond View Post
    Wrong thread Mr. Durden.

    Please put your spectacles on before posting.
    Clearly.

    Put me down for some sniping comments about William Regal.

  18. #18
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    You and a close friend decide to start a major program with one another, then you go and mess things up for the second time in 6 months and get sent home for 60 days. His whole power surge was built around his impending feud with HHH.
    Completely irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    You really think feuding with Cena or Punk will have the same effect? Punk is not that over and Cena is beyond saving with fans over 12. And what makes you think now that HHH is on Smackdown that Vince is going to be so willing to give Regal yet ANOTHER chance?
    Yes, he was probably going to feud with HHH as the top heel on RAW, and no, I don't really think feuding with CM Punk or Cena will have the same effect (especially considering that I never said that), but that doesn't mean that HHH was the only viable opponent for him to feud with. Just because a feud with HHH won't be happening doesn't mean WWE is going to pass up an opportunity to capitalize on the huge heel Regal had become.

    Last edited by Jayman; Yesterday at 07:46 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language and name calling
    lol, it's amazing how some people seem to get like a million chances before getting banned.

  19. #19
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    17
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin™ View Post
    Completely irrelevant.
    Well of course it is. You say so, so it must be........

    Yes, he was probably going to feud with HHH as the top heel on RAW, and no, I don't really think feuding with CM Punk or Cena will have the same effect (especially considering that I never said that), but that doesn't mean that HHH was the only viable opponent for him to feud with. Just because a feud with HHH won't be happening doesn't mean WWE is going to pass up an opportunity to capitalize on the huge heel Regal had become.
    There's this thing called "momentum." And when you build it up vs the rosters top babyface, and then *poof*....you're gone for 60 days.....you don't just walk back onto RAW with the same heat and start a program with another, less-over wrestler. But, then again.....YOU know everything, as evident by your constant condescending and arrogant attitude towards everyone here, so I'm probably not telling you anything you weren't already aware of.

    lol, it's amazing how some people seem to get like a million chances before getting banned.
    It is, isn't it? I only attacked when provoked. Seems to happen a lot when you "try" and have a discussion with people.




  20. #20
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"
    Posts
    1,529
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Raw Results from......*Camera falls in front of keyboard*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated R Phenom View Post
    Well of course it is. You say so, so it must be........
    I never presented my judgment as the be-all, end-all, it's just that considering the situation we were discussing, what you said wasn't at all pertinent. It's not just because I said so.

    You're argument is basically that Regal shouldn't be brought back as GM because...Triple H isn't on RAW anymore.

    idk, maybe you find it fun to correlate completely unrelated things.
    There's this thing called "momentum." And when you build it up vs the rosters top babyface, and then *poof*....you're gone for 60 days.....you don't just walk back onto RAW with the same heat and start a program with another, less-over wrestler. But, then again.....YOU know everything, as evident by your constant condescending and arrogant attitude towards everyone here, so I'm probably not telling you anything you weren't already aware of.



    It is, isn't it? I only attacked when provoked. Seems to happen a lot when you "try" and have a discussion with people.
    LOL

    Probably the most hypocritical thing I've read here. Tell me, which one of us had to have their post edited by a moderator for breaking a no-flaming rule? Saying that you only "attack" when provoked makes you sound petty and verbally combative. No one "provoked" you. The post in which you claim I provoked you had no condescension or arrogance at all. I asked how you came to the conclusion that bringing Regal back as GM couldn't or shouldn't be done just because of Triple H, and instead of attempting to respond to that, you apparently "attacked" me. I say apparently because your inappropriate post was edited before I had the chance to read it. If you find flaming me to be so tempting that you simply cannot manage to keep your responses within the rules, I suggest you stop replying to me.

    Now, how about we go back to some substance, k?

    You mentioned Regal's momentum, or lack of it, and cited that as a reason he couldn't or shouldn't be brought back under his previous role. Let me ask you, how much momentum did CM Punk have before he won the world title last week? Not very much, if I recall correctly. WWE has clearly been thinking outside the box lately what with JR moving to Smackdown, giving away cash on live tv, and creating a second women's title. Having Regal reclaim his spot as GM, even without momentum, doesn't seem all that crazy considering other recent decisions.

    Furthermore, there's nothing suggesting that Regal would immediately be placed into the main event. There may be a long feud between Batista and CM Punk with Batista turning heel or something. Things are clearly still up in the air right now as far as the title scene goes, and that could mean that Regal in the end would have an opportunity to build that momentum back up before he steps into the main event.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •