Thread: Smackdown 20/6/08

Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

Status

Smackdown 20/6/08

I miss the days when we used to discuss what happened on RAW and Smackdown on a weekly basis albeit for a brief period, so with the influx of new members mixed with WC (or back then MD) veterans...I'm gonna try to see if we can get this going again. (On a side note, I'm only going to start with reviewing SD! because my schedule won't allow me to watch RAW until Wednesday)

*MVP is certainly a valuable asset to SD! If he gets drafted to RAW, it'll leave a huge void in SD's upper mid card roster. Not sure where they are going with MVP here but Vicki prooves her worth as a heat magnet...i really hope she loses that wheelchair before the "wedding". Her ass must have its own post code given how she never gets off it
    *Hardyvs Bam Bam was decent. It got Bam over as a hard ass and Hardy as a fighter, but it dragged a little for me. I may be in the minority, but Hardy is starting to fall in the category that the only reason he's an internet favourite is for sentimental value. His character hasn't done much recently...unless he's going for the generic champion gimmick
    *Michelle vs Layla - Never realised how hot Layla really is before this show...that's about all that i got from this match, although i like how Michelle has managed to learn the heel hook as a finisher...cos then I know when I can start caring about life again
    *Kozlov-Noble...liking how the commentators and the match were built to make kozlov look like juggernaught form the x-men. With noble attacking kozlov's head and the commentators saying how a weakness may have been exposed. But in true WWE fashion, consistancy isn't their strong point as Kozlov used a devastating head butt to finish the match....liking the commentary on this match though, with Foley throwing out Sambo facts
    *MVP-Kane - decent match but typical of WWE's problem right now in that they are finding difficulty in coming up with matches that we haven't seen before. I went to make pasta when i saw this
    *Robinson-Khali...WWE really missed the boat here by giving it away on free TV without any hype. Could have been a wrestlemania headliner if only given the proper build
    *DnD explode - don't really care for this at the moment. Although it does proove that WWE could actually have a decent tag division on both shows if they stop breaking teams up over the years
    *Finlay vs Miz...the last few segments put me to sleep, although i still had my eyes open. It's a sad state of affairs when one of your challengers for an upcoming PPV for a title is a comedy act. Unless they are building Hornswoggle as a "Title Killer" (remember how the cruiserweight title vanished after he held it?) and are thinking of eliminating the SD tag titles, i see no point in this feud
    *Chavo-Batista ...nothing we haven't seen before. But why would edge and vicki put Batista in a match just so that edge could quick count batista out? shouldn't the objective be to hurt batista?

Anyways, overall a very "meh" show. I hope that this "cruise control" mentality of the writers ends after the draft...otherwise i'm going to e-mail wwe creative with a link to the "Be the Booker Forum" where there's actually something entertaining to view.

Any other thoughts from SD viewers this week?

Established Veteran

Status

Re: Smackdown 20/6/08

Good review. i have just watched smackdown, and frankly I was highly dissapointed. Firstly, I only began to watch it when Kozlov beat noble, and yet again a possible main eventer is fighting useless jobbers, when will this stop? Its getting beyond a joke, he should be facing other superstars with similair physical attributes, I would love to see him facing off against Festus.
    Secondly, the Kane Vs. MVP match was good untill the ridiculous count out, what a lame way to end a match, then mark henry interupts at the end by splashing the wind out of Kane in the centre of the ring, I was expecting more of a beat down here...and maybe they should have pushed Big Show here too.
    Thirdly, Morrison & the Miz; I literally cannot stand the miz, I think Morrison Is a tremendous superstar who should be a singles competitor pushing towards the US Championship perhaps, he is way too good for a guy like the miz.
    And another thing is that you know the WWE is flushing itself down the toilet when you have got a referee fighting a guy double his height and weight.
    And again, this crappy angle with vicky Guererro, it is getting too far now, they cannot come up with inventive main events, it is ridiculous...she should be fired on the spot and SD needs a decent GM. And this whole "Edge marrying Vicki" angle is sick too...It is the most unconvincing angle ever..do the WWE really expect the fans to believe this, as if a guy who's fiance was once one of the hottest divas (Lita) is going to get married to Vicki Guerrero.

I seriously hope this ends soon...

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

The idea behind the Vickie Guerrero angle is that you don't believe it, and so Edge comes across as this scheming, sneaky superstar who is simply using her to get what he wants.

Although, I too would quite like him to hurry up and get enraged with her and tell her that he's been using her.

And who were you calling a useless jobber, Noble or Kozlov?

And he scores goals...!

Established Veteran

Status

Noble
    you never see him...but Kozlov is good, he should be fighting upper mid-carders more now. But its everyweek, hes facing off with people like Funaki, Colin delaney etc.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Kozlov is a horrible worker, whereas Jamie Noble is one of the most talented men on the roster.

Seems like you have the same fetish for big men that Vince has.

And he scores goals...!

Established Veteran

Status

Hmmm...No, I just think he'll be able to start attempting to destroy superstars such as Kane, Instead of bullying all the midgets on the roster.

Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0xy_fl00d3r View Post
    Firstly, I only began to watch it when Kozlov beat noble, and yet again a possible main eventer is fighting useless jobbers, when will this stop? Its getting beyond a joke, he should be facing other superstars with similair physical attributes, I would love to see him facing off against Festus.
    I like the idea of Kozlov facing off against the likes of Festus. It's something relatively new and it would be a decent mid card feud to help get both men over in the "double-double-E"

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm not surprised that heel MVP was being favored more than Vickie. That should tell the creative team is about time to pack that up. And I don't understand why they're going to wait just before the draft to start this storyline. They could have been building up MVP/Edge the very night of ONS.

I didn't really watch the Hardy/Bam match. Thought it was kinda boring.

McCool vs Layla wasn't bad I guess, but I'd much rather had seen someone like Victoria instead of Layla. I just don't see the point in her even being on the show.

Kozlov only looks good because he's facing not just jobbers, but tiny cruiserweight jobbers. He isn't going to be able to punt guys like Show, Henry, Batista or Taker off the rope and onto his shoulders. I'd much rather see Noble in the ring.

MVP vs Kane wasn't bad. Lame as finish though. Seemed like a random, pointless thing to do.

Retard ref vs Khali just pass.

J&F vs D'n'D also pass. They need to stop breaking up the tag teams though. They're already in short supply as it is and neither of these two are going to make as singles at the moment.

Finlay vs Miz. If Hornswoggle was fired and the WWE banished all things leprechaun-Irish I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

As far as Batista vs Chavo goes, I still don't see the point in it. Edge said he wanted Chavo to take care of it, yet he kept trying to end the match super fast. I can see if he had the entire La Famiilia with him and kept turning his back so they could gank Batista the entire match, but all they did was give him a spear and Frog Slash. Batista is no where near taken care of. I think this main event was nothing more than a time filler.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I think MVP would be better of on raw now since its nothing esle for him to do their and batista also. I hope they Edge/Vickie storyline hurry up to cause this shit is stupid but it could be a possibilty that Edge could go to raw him and HHH feud now that would be hot! Also if Cena comes over to SD and bring a whole new twist to the mainevent scene and he feuds with Taker that would be great and also Umaga coming over so he can feud with Taker too. Show he never should have left SD he should be their to add some mainevent depth. Matt Hardy should go to raw it will be better things for him their and the other Hardy should come over to SD were he could have another classic match with Taker like their ladder match a few years ago.

Thread Information