Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light Heavyweight Title Resurrection

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Light Heavyweight Title Resurrection

I think that wwe should bring back the lightweight Title. Since wwe not doing nothing with the smaller guys and the cruiserweight title was obiously a joke, i think they should atleast give the smaller guys the lightweight title. Since the small guys cannot do high fly moves and shit like that no more, they have to atleast like i said give them the lightweight title. It was a good title when it was around before and only reason wwe got rid of it was in favor of the crusierweight title but since that title is gone and never coming back thank god, they should bring back the lightweight title for the little fellas. What ya'll think.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Light Heavyweight Title Resurrection

At the time of the death of the cruiserweight title, you had Jamie Noble only just getting air time and the rest of the division being shown once a month on PPV. When the cruiserweight title died, Noble got a mid-card push and an actual fued (and he got over nicely), Chavo went onto win the ECW title, Yang and Moore formed a tag team that got showcased every week and looked good in their matches.

In an ideal world the cruiserwieght division would be getting lots air time and interesting angles, but for like two years up until its death it was the most useless title and the fans had lost pretty much all interest in it. When it died, it all the stars in the division suddenly got pushes because they weren't bound to a certain division. A division that got no air time at that.

So whilest we can all hope for a great cruiserwieght division, it's probably better that it remains dead and the cruiserwight wrestlers aren't bound to one division.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Naw i was saying they should bring back the lightweight title since the little guys are not really getting used and cause they cannot do the high fly moves the lightweight title could suit them perfectly.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

If the WWE were to bring in a Lightheavy Weight title I think it would be best used on the ECW brand. I'm saying because the ECW Brand is basically used as a developmental brand and a lot of the younger guys are actually smaller guys.

I would send London and Kendrick over to ECW and split the team up and have them fued over the title.

BTW... If anyone saw ECW this past week Evan Borne used a shooting star press to beat Matt Striker. Does this mean the move is no longer banned and will any other moves be unbanned if so?

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Until the current belts get back a fraction of their worth I don't think any title needs to be brought back. If you can't handle what you already have, I don't see how adding to the mix is going to help you out.

And the last time I saw the SSP was when London did it. That was a long while ago and even then people were talking about it was supposed to be banned. Maybe they'll let him do it every once and a while?

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"

Why the hell would they bring back the light heavyweight title if they just got rid of the CW title not long ago? If they wanted to bring a title back for the smaller wrestlers, they'd bring back the CW title. "Light Heavyweight Title" just sounds bad anyway considering that the world heavyweight title is very much in use.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Cause of the way how moves are banned like the shooting star press the CW belt would be useless. Moves like that done by the smaller guys is the reason why the CW belt was good in the first place so with them moves unbanned the belt will be trash like what it was when wwe used it so thats why they should use the lightweight title cause the belt would fit the system better for the little guys.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    "O'er the land of the free, and the home of the SOONERS!!!"

Firstly, the shooting star press was just used last night. How does certain moves being banned make the CW belt "useless". So they just wont use all the moves they use to use. That doesn't mean they have to bring back an entirely different belt.

On Vacation

Status

so liek.... hardcore belt ftw

On Vacation

Status

If they are going to make another womens belt then they should also bring back the cruiserweight/light heavyweight belt.I'd much rather watch a match for that belt than the damn diva title

On Vacation

Status

meh smackdowns diva wrestling is quite good tbh

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dillberg View Post
    If they are going to make another womens belt then they should also bring back the cruiserweight/light heavyweight belt.I'd much rather watch a match for that belt than the damn diva title
    maybe YOU would.. but the ratings hows that people enjoy women's wrestling when it involves the more talented divas/knockouts.

There's no use in bringing in a bunch of smaller spot monkeys to appease a few internet geeks who don't get enough flips for their daily dose. If we're going to bring in smaller wrestlers, why can't they be used in a fashion that they're using Matt Sydal currently? There's no need for a title..

- W * G * M -

On Vacation

Status

There are no talented divas.Other than Beth Phoenix its all about T&A. I have no problems with the knockouts though they are all pretty good IMO

Canadian Destroyer

Status

WWE is far to strict now days, thats why the TNA X division are so popular, how is WWE going to bring back the light heavyweight title with no actual "amazing" moves.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wcwrules View Post
    WWE is far to strict now days, thats why the TNA X division are so popular, how is WWE going to bring back the light heavyweight title with no actual "amazing" moves.

You do have a point there. On the other hand maybe they are loosening the reins a little with Sydal's SSP. If they can get some trustworthy talent in there that wont botch every other move it would be a good idea. At least its entertaining to watch unlike the diva matches. Thats like watching midgets with big tits in slow motion.

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dillberg View Post
    There are no talented divas.Other than Beth Phoenix its all about T&A. I have no problems with the knockouts though they are all pretty good IMO
    I'm not going to knock your opinion, but I quite like some of the divas on RAW and SD!

- W * G * M -

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Most of the divas cannot wrestle and the womens title is already trash so their is no point in having a second one.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Most of the divas cannot wrestle and the womens title is already trash so their is no point in having a second one.

Amen brother

WAKE UP

Status

1. lmao @ people complaining about "moVeZ~!".

2. Beth, Melina, Mickie, Natalya and Victoria are all good wrestlers.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Yeah they are the only good women wrestlers they have. WWE should get rid of the womens title like they did back in the mid 90s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information