Thread: County Cricket 08/09

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

County Cricket 08/09

All county Cricket news goes here:

Nottinghamshire have named an unchanged side as the current County Championship leaders face reigning champions Sussex at Trent Bridge.
    With Notts flying high at the top of the table they face the biggest test of the title credentials as champions Sussex arrive in the East Midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Re: County Cricket 08/09

LV County Championship - Division One
    Trent Bridge
    Sussex 277 (M J Prior 131) v Nottinghamshire 46-2

Matt Prior baled out Sussex with a superb century on the opening day against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge.

Prior, who was discarded by England following the pre-Christmas tour of Sri Lanka, struck 131 after arriving at the crease with his side in trouble at 33-4 following skipper Chris Adams' decision to bat first.

That soon became 74-6 before Prior and Robin Martin-Jenkins (44) initiated a recovery by adding 142 for the seventh wicket.

Prior was in outstanding form, finding the boundary on 19 occasions, before being ninth out - bowled by Graeme Swann - having faced 174 balls.

That innings was enough to take him past 500 first-class runs for the season - having failed to make a half-century only once so far.

Sussex were all out shortly afterwards for 277. Darren Pattinson (3-77) and Swann (3-52) each finished with three wickets for the hosts, who came into the match as Division One leaders.

Nottinghamshire lost opening pair Will Jefferson (14) and Matt Wood (6) to reach 46-2 in reply by the close.
    46-2 is pritty bad hope they can bulild on t tomorro.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

Thread Information