Thread: Depush Hardy

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Depush Hardy

After being suspended for 2 months for violating the wellness policy for the second time, Jeff Hardy has returned.
    Now don't get me wrong, he had to return some time, but he can't beat Umaga in a minute and a half. That is complete bullshit & it makes me mad. Then last night at Judgment day, he beat MVP, who is a great talent on PPV. This pretty much says you can do whatever you want without repercussions & it's not right. So depush Hardy NOW!!!!!!!

discuss here

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Depush Hardy

I have to agree. I think Jeff Hardy has been given enough of a chance to prove himself, and he messed it up not once, but twice. The second time especially has me dumbfounded; he was in the middle of the biggest push of his career, and was main eventing to the point where he was *this close* to getting the World Title. Whether or not it was in the cards for him to actually win it is a moot point.

I really believe that Jeff has shown to management that he isn't responsible enough to handle being clean and having a spot on the roster at the same time. Also, who knows how long he started using again after being suspended the first time. Just because he was tested some set amount of months later, doesn't mean he JUST started doing them again. Did he ever stop?

I believe he hasn't gone to rehab for this (if I'm wrong, I apologize and please correct me) so that shows to me he doesn't want to take a step in the right direction. I think he's just "floating" around right now earning a buck or two, and heading back home to enjoy himself in whatever way he enjoys.

I am curious to see what happens to him in the future (ie: will he get caught a 3rd time and let go? Clean up and head towards an even bigger push? Continue to float around in the upper-midcard?)

As far as answering your question, I personally believe Jeff shouldn't receive the push he has since coming back a week ago. If anything, he should be "reprimanded" in a way. I mean, Jeff got on the mic last Monday night and said he made some mistakes and he's sorry, etc. Why not turn this into something?

I personally would have had Regal come out and said: You made many mistakes Hardy, and for that you'll be punished. You must start from the bottom and work your way up. Have him go through lower-card talent first and work back up to the IC division. Have Regal continuing to keep an eye on him during all this, and culminate it with a Hardy-Regal feud. That could be gold. But have Jeff's "working back up the ladder" last throughout the summer and book Regal-Jeff for Summerslam.

Slow builds are key.

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Well, I guess he did kind of get depushed. He was in the main event scene before he left, now he is kinda of a high mid-carder, or so it seems. So I think he is depushed.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Everyone is all about "depushing" people for violating the Wellness policy. So say Tom Brady gets caught using steroids. He's gone for 4 games and comes back. He doesn't come back on the 3rd Team, he goes right back to what he was doing. He's punished by the suspension, not on-field. And if they do that in all sports (or sports activities) then it shouldn't be a double standard in wrestling.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

It's an interesting point mstew but it's more the fact that Jeff is a repeat offender and must be fired if he's caught one more time. Is it really that sensible to push a guy to the moon, who is just one strike away from being fired?

He should really have had to prove some trust to the management team again I'd have thought but then again he's one of the most over guys on the roster so it would be pretty stupid for WWE to depush him.

He shouldn't have completely squashed Umaga though and I don't think he should have really went over MVP without interference from Matt or something as I see MVP as being so close to main eventing on SmackDown!

And he scores goals...!

Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

Status

Definitely buy the point that MVP shouldnt have lost without interference, but lets not forget why Jeff hasn't been "de-pushed" to the extent that some of you have suggested...his merchandise sells like crazy and brings in that "money, money, yeah, yeah; money, money, yeah, yeah"

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I guess if you wait a while & make him prove himself then he could build up. But as said earlier, slow builds. money money yea yea(lol)

God

Status

I propose we ban people from saying Money, money, yeah, yeah at the end of posts
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

There's a school of opinion that you push him now as far as you can and make the money off him before you have to fire him, because you pretty much know he's fucking up again sometime.

Oh and "money money yeah yeah".

Half Man Half Amazing

Status

I am actually very surprised Jeff Hardy is getting this big of push. I would've expected for him to come back, lose a few matches in a row, and then start getting some wins. I mean, this guy is on his second strike, one more and he's gone. Hasn't he always had drug problems, no matter what they are? I don't see how WWE can trust Jeff Hardy anymore. I said this many times when he got suspended, something has gotta to be going on in his head because he blew everything away. He blew a WrestleMania win away. He blew the biggest freaking push of his career away and he blew away the biggest one of them all a WWE Championship reign all flushed down the toilet because of drugs. Because he couldn't keep himself clean. And yet, WWE continues to push the man. Why? Obviously he sells merchandise that may be a reason. Maybe it's his rockstar reaction he gets, maybe it's that. Who knows. All I know is that if I were WWE, he wouldn't be getting the push he has now, atleast not anytime soon with all these wins.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 16-0 View Post
    After being suspended for 2 months for violating the wellness policy for the second time, Jeff Hardy has returned.
    Now don't get me wrong, he had to return some time, but he can't beat Umaga in a minute and a half. That is complete bullshit & it makes me mad. Then last night at Judgment day, he beat MVP, who is a great talent on PPV. This pretty much says you can do whatever you want without repercussions & it's not right. So depush Hardy NOW!!!!!!!

discuss here
    hey guys, listen hes either gonna go one way or the other... lets think about this logically he had like one of the worst weeks possible, first he got suspended then a day or so later his house burnt down with his dog in it and all his possesions... so he was either gonna go compleatly off the rails or hes gonna sort himself out. but theres no point in everyone bitching about it. lets face it the wwe is gonna do whatever the hell they want whether we like it or not.

Peace.
    Kiddo_v1

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KiDdO_V1 View Post
    hey guys, listen hes either gonna go one way or the other... lets think about this logically he had like one of the worst weeks possible, first he got suspended then a day or so later his house burnt down with his dog in it and all his possesions... so he was either gonna go compleatly off the rails or hes gonna sort himself out. but theres no point in everyone bitching about it. lets face it the wwe is gonna do whatever the hell they want whether we like it or not.

Peace.
    Kiddo_v1
    Ummm... no shit sherlock? Amazingly forums are used for discussions. Hence why we're discussing what WWE did and why we don't like it. I know it's a novel concept and all but it's pretty fun sometimes... you should try it.

How does your house burning down have ANYTHING to do with your push? Should I go burn down Kennedy's house? Apparently that's what it takes to get pushed.

The main thing here is he got suspended for doing something wrong he's also ONE suspension away from being toast. I don't really think it'd be great if they push Hardly to the moon only to have him fuck up once more and get the boot.

Another big thing is he just went over two potential superstars and future main eventers in Umaga and MVP. Had Hardly come back and been feeding off jobbers I'd be more inclined to enjoy his push. Instead we're making the former US Champion look bad and killing any real "monster" Umaga had left in him. Anyway it'd be stupid to depush him now. Might as well ride his ass to the moon until he crashes again.

On Vacation

Status

Why should the fans be punished for Hardy violating the wellness policy? I don't think it should affect their booking. Anyone know why he was suspended in the first place? I'm assuming it isn't steroids, probably just a few lines of blow or something, nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't affect his in ring performance.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Number Nine View Post
    Why should the fans be punished for Hardy violating the wellness policy? I don't think it should affect their booking. Anyone know why he was suspended in the first place? I'm assuming it isn't steroids, probably just a few lines of blow or something, nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't affect his in ring performance.
    Fans are getting punished? I mean I know there are still people who cream there pants for any guy who can jump from heights and do flips but there are other fans. If anything they're punishing fans for making us live through the ridiculously stupid shit he does. Instead of actually feeding us wrestling. Nothing wrong with a few lines of blow? Right they are trying to pitch this program to kids. I don't really think having a program of a high-flying drug addict is really kid-appropriate. Also oddly enough due to those "Couple lines of blow" as you so eloquently put did effect the booking. Because the retard couldn't handle his own addiction he got suspended. I mean that shows a great deal of responsibility on his part. Apparently he can't handle it so why should we give him it back. His in-ring is all right. It's nothing spectacular so we really didn't miss much other than a few FLIPZ~~!~!

On Vacation

Status

LOL OMG THA FLIPZ. Yo, no one gives a fuck about that shit. If you think casual fans are sitting there, sipping tea and discussing wrestler's workrate you need a reality check. This isn't a matter of Jeff Hardy's wrestling skills (that's a different topic for a different time) but let's face the facts, Jeff Hardy is one of the most over faces in the WWE right now and to take his push away would be punishing millions of Hardy marks out there. Let's get on some real shit here realistically.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Number Nine View Post
    LOL OMG THA FLIPZ. Yo, no one gives a fuck about that shit. If you think casual fans are sitting there, sipping tea and discussing wrestler's workrate you need a reality check. This isn't a matter of Jeff Hardy's wrestling skills (that's a different topic for a different time) but let's face the facts, Jeff Hardy is one of the most over faces in the WWE right now and to take his push away would be punishing millions of Hardy marks out there. Let's get on some real shit here realistically.
    Why do you think he's over? Because he does the flips. I mean look at HIAC '98 when Foley flipped off the cage. That match was terrible got rave reviews because of the spots. He's a glorified spot monkey. There are more fans than just Hardy fans. In fact most of the ones felt that he shouldn't have gone straight to beating Umaga and MVP right away. I mean I know it's a novel idea to push the superstars who actually do the right things for the most part and can actually do more than flips to get over. Hardy's overness is about as pathetic as Orton's head punting method of getting heat.

Also for the record. A mass suicide of Hardy marks would probably be the best thing for this world.

On Vacation

Status

He's over because he can play the underdog face role perfectly, he can gain sympathy from the crowd better than nearly anyone else in the WWE. Oh wait, he does THA FLIPPIEZ AHH WORST WRESTLE R EVAR!!!11

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Because we all know playing the underdog role is so freakin hard

It's about all he can play. And he's a pretty bad wrestler... not quite the worst. (After all Khali is still employed).

Thread Information