Thread: Arsenal getting closer to takeover

True Heart and Emotion

Status

Arsenal getting closer to takeover

Arsenal revealed this morning that Edelman is leaving in "search of a fresh challenge".

During his eight-year tenure, the managing director was responsible for overseeing the move from Highbury to Ashburton Grove - home of the Emirates Stadium - Emirates of course, along with Nike, being two mammoth sponsorship deals the chief also brokered for the club.

Edelman was also known as being strongly opposed to foreign takeover, when Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov and American Stan Kroenke were rumoured to be on the verge of making a move last summer.

His unrelenting opposition famously saw him in disagreement with then vice-chairman David Dein, who departed the club last year.

Dein's exit was one of many reasons for Thierry Henry's personally and professionally motivated move away from Arsenal to Barcelona, and with Edelman now out of the way and another year without a trophy at the Emirates, they may succumb to the pressure over the summer.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Arsenal," said Edelman upon announcing his departure.

"It has been a very exciting period for the business and I am proud to have contributed to the club's many off-field achievements over the past eight years, not least the Emirates Stadium project.

"Now that we have completed our second season at Emirates, I believe it is the right time to seek pastures new and embark upon fresh challenges."

Though Edelman's resignation is final, he "will be retained by the club for a 12-month period to ensure a smooth transition takes place".

Ken Friar, who was Edelman's predecessor as managing director for a massive 18 years, is being linked with a return to the post as his successor.

This could be the start of a very exciting summer for arsenal.. what ye guys think.

CWA'S New Chapter is about to begin

God

Status

Re: Arsenal getting closier to takeover

another year without a trophy
    We can still win the league

Its highly unlikely but if West Ham beat Man Utd, like they have done recently & Bolton who are fighting for their lives beat Chelsea & We beat Everton, who we put four past earlier in the season. If that happens, its one point between three teams going into the last game. Even a draw for Utd & Chelsea with a win for us & its only two points.

Still do-able. :D

I have said it countless times before, i dont want a take over & we dont need a takeover. Over the next few years we will be making more money can we could possibly spend even if we started making £30m signings.

Look at Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc. They were all doing well then new owners came in & disrupted everything by wanting a say in everything. Chelsea lost the best manager they ever had, Liverpool are a shambles & City's owners have unrealistic goals for the first season.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'm an Arsenal supporter...I wouldn't mind someone else at the helm. It would make for an interesting summer, with some good signings, we need some more strikers and someone over the age of 20 ffs.

True Heart and Emotion

Status

Daren it looks like Hleb,Flamini,Gilberto,Lehmann,and maybe Senderos will be leavinf in the summer we need investment to gwet not only replacments but to add more to the squad with the additions of Merida,Vela and the likes of Gibbs and Lansbury coming to the first team next season thats not strong enough. we need money and a takeover would be good at this time and if the russian takes over Mr. Dein will make sure it goes good.

God

Status

Hleb's agent has denied he is leaving. Gilberto said only recently he's upset but wants to finish his career at Arsenal if possible. Lehmann gave an interview recently, i cant remember his exact words but i got he is going to stay & fight for his place. I think he said get back his place but we know he has a big ego. I'm fine with Senderos leaving, i said it in another thread, Richard Dunne would not cost that much especially if City done make it to Europe & Erikkson gets sacked he may want out.

Flamini its up to him, nothing we can do about that. He's gotten an improved offer last week i think, i just jope he listens to his team mates & stays on.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

True Heart and Emotion

Status

id like Gattuso to join Arsenal hes wanting a move the england and hes a player that arsenal need, tough and strong

Vengeance With a Smile

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: Arsenal getting closer to takeover

I can't see Gauttuso going to Arsenal. Daren, I highly doubt Sven is going to get sacked. >.>

True Heart and Emotion

Status

Flamini jst signed for Milan thats really sucks...

God

Status

From Wenger's comments yesterday it seems as if Lehmann is off aswell. Now thats a problem, do we trust Fabianski as back up? He's good but really inexpieranced in the English Game.

I also found this rather intresting:

At the time of his (Flamini) move to north London, Marseille coach Jose Anigo said: "He's a traitor - this is a beautiful treason." after he left on a Free Transfer.

So thats two moves both of which he has waited until his contract was up for.

Personally i dont know what he is thinking. He had become first choice here & Wenger showed his trust in him by not selling last summer like everyone wanted. At AC he'll be lucky to get a game with Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini fighting for places aswell.

As for his replacement, Gilberto hasent been that great this season & i wouldent be too convinced of having him first choice all next season. Denilson has done well but doesnt have the expierance needed for a title chasing side. A lot of our team is inexpieranced compared to others but Denilson only has a handful of games.

Hopefully we put a buy-back clause in Diaara's transfer.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M. Punkster View Post
    id like Gattuso to join Arsenal hes wanting a move the england and hes a player that arsenal need, tough and strong
    Yes that wouled be nice for arsnal but i doubt he would come to the club.

Thread Information