Thread: iMPACT! - May 1st 2008 - AJ & Tomko vs R'n'R, LAX vs Kaz & Eric Young

God

Status

iMPACT! - May 1st 2008 - AJ & Tomko vs R'n'R, LAX vs Kaz & Eric Young

- The Deuces Wild Tag Team Tournament will continue this Thursday night, with the following bouts scheduled:

The Latin American Xchange vs. Kaz and Eric Young
    AJ Styles and Tomko vs. The Rock N' Rave Infection

At the end of the broadcast, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette will also announce the Elite Eight that will go into the tournament!

The finals of the tournament take place at Sacrifice with the winners crowned new TNA World Tag Team Champions!

- In addition, Cornette has announced that he will unveil TNA's newest innovative concept match this Thursday night! After the Six Sides of Steel, Ultimate X and Elevation X, what new structure will Cornette reveal to the world? Find out this Thursday night on SpikeTV!

- Plus, TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle and Scott Steiner are all scheduled to appear on the broadcast. What hell will break loose between the three superstars before the World Title main event match at Sacrifice? Tune in Thursday on SpikeTV!

All this and much more this Thursday night on "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV starting at 9pm!
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

On Vacation

Status

Re: iMPACT! - May 1st 2008 - AJ & Tomko vs R'n'R, LAX vs Kaz & Eric Young

new innovative concept???? oh god i hope this isn't shit, i hope it is the complete opposite, complete win

God

Status

- The big story coming out of the broadcast is that TNA Management Director Jim Cornette officially revealed the "Egotistical 8" set to go into the Deuces Wild Tournament at Sacrifice! The eight TNA Superstars that will be teamed up randomly are: Kip James, James Storm, Sting, Robert Roode, Booker T, BG James, Matt Morgan...and TNA Women's Champion Awesome Kong! According to Cornette, he will begin drawing names to pair up the Egotistical 8 this Thursday on "iMPACT!". The Egotistical 8 will take on the other teams that have already qualified, which are Team 3D, Christian Cage & Rhino, The Latin American Xchange and AJ Styles & Super Eric.

The winners of the Deuces Wild Tournament will be crowned the new TNA World Tag Team Champions!

- In the main event of the broadcast, it was the team of TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle beating "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and X Division Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams! After Joe got the pin on Williams, Angle attacked Joe and put him in the Ankle Lock submission. However, it was Scott Steiner that got the last word in the brawl, as he smashed Joe with a steel pipe and knocked him unconscious - holding the World Championship high over his head after the attack!

- Also on "iMPACT!", as promised by Cornette, footage also aired on the broadcast of the "TerrorDome", the newest TNA innovative match that will make its debut at the "Sacrifice" Pay-Per-View event!

- In Deuces Wild Tournament action, The Latin American Xchange defeated the team of Kaz and Eric Young. Following the bout, The LAX called Hector Guerrero into the ring and asked the veteran to lead their careers in TNA Wrestling! Hector agreed and will be in their corner at the upcoming Sacrifice Pay-Per-View.

- In the second Deuces Wild Tournament bout, AJ Styles was forced to find another tag team partner after it was learned Tomko has been injured in a match in Japan. AJ's partner turned out to be Super Eric - and together the duo defeated the team of The Rock N' Rave Infection with Christy Hemme to advance to Sacrifice!

- In Knockouts tag team action, it was Gail Kim and ODB defeating Angelina Love and Velvet Sky
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

I admit i didnt see Awesome Kong coming at all. Since it was to close the show, i was expecting a return. Jeff Jarrett was the first i thought of.

I dont like Petey's new look. He didnt look too bad bald but now it just doesnt suit him with the bleached hair.

TerrorDome reminds me too much of Elimination Chamber in the design of it. If the goal is to escape the Dome then im expecting it to be the X-Division guys.

Super Eric was a let down after the reaction of Styles & JB. Was i the only one hoping for a return of the TNA Dream Team?

Overall it was another good iMPACT! Other than how Black Machismo had no comeback this week & the first match which was great ending due to Steiner & Petey wanting some mic time i enjoyed everything on the show. B -.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Basic B*tches

Status

It was an interesting show, but I hate the Deuce's Wild tourney. It's fucking retarded to make the legitimate tag teams qualify whilst letting 8 random dudes/girl receive an automatic bid.

- W * G * M -

Thread Information