Thread: The Chills

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

The Chills

Name some wrestling moments that gave you the chills. Anything that gave you that special feeling that is often missing in sports entertainment today. More often that not as well, you get them when they caught you off guard and weren't expecting what you saw.

For me, number 1 is easily when The Undertaker returned at Judgement Day during the Iron Man match. I almost threw up I was so excited. I remembered how poor of shape he was in when he left and his return kept getting sidelined. It felt like he was gone forever, then BOOM he is back with the Badass look (which was MUCH needed at the time)

Just listen to the crowd. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC3rywYJM0

Number 2 would have to be when Chris Jericho beat Triple H for the WWE title back in like 2000 on Smackdown. That joy quickly turned to disgust when HHH and Steph had the decision reversed by Earl Hebner. Total bullshit to this day.

Number 3 was Hogan vs. The Rock at WM18. That was right before Hogan became useless in the ring. (although he pretty much was then and Rock carried his ass)

Number 4 would be when Randy Savage won the vacant WWE title at Wrestlemania 4.

Number 5 is Christians debut in TNA.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: The Chills

1996 Jushin Liger vs. The Great Muta when Muta tore off Liger's mask only to reveal pale white facepaint in which "Kishin" Liger proceeded to whip The Great Muta

When The Rock returned with Eugene

When The Rock came out vs. La Resistance

When The Rock came out to help Mick Foley vs. Evolution

Basic B*tches

Status

Well.. I agree with your list, Simon and I was definitely going to include the Taker's return on my own. The thing that made his return so awesome..besides himself and the amazing crowd reaction, was just how great of heels the McMahon-Helmsley faction were. the facial expressions out of The Game, Steph, Shane O' Mac, and Vince were PRICELESS. Funny as hell.

Other chills moments..

Austin and the beer truck.
    Austin and Rock promo.. right before WM17 when they were standing face-to-face.
    Hogan and Rock in the ring on RAW
    Bret Hart vs. Austin at Mania
    HBK vs. Jericho at Mania
    Kurt Angle and his face turn vs. the alliance
    ECW's reunion
    Triple H's return at MSG
    HBK's return when he superkicked Orton
    Benoit's win at Mania and Eddie's win at No Way Out
    Ric Flair's old NWA promos
    Sting clearing the ring of the nWo
    Hogan/Warrior
    Macho/Hogan
    The formation of the nWo

so many more...

- W * G * M -

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

When Mick Foley beat Thed Rock for his first WWE Title, watching it today still feels special

More like Hall of Lamer

Status

Im suprised nobodys listed Vince McMahons promo he did when he was reviled as the higher back way back in the day

Then, now, forever.

On Vacation

Status

sting winning the WHC at starcade againts NWO hogan (forget the year)

and stone cold winning the wwe title against HBK at WM14 thanks to mike tyson <3

WWE winning the survivor series match against the alliance, mainly when kurt angle turned on the alliance t help rocky get the win

Dant da da dan. No?

Status

Rey Mysterio beating The giant.

Seeing Rey Mysterio on SD in 02 or 03 during the summer. i havn't watched SD or wrestling in s a few years and SD was just starting. I didn't even now it was going to be on at the time. i was going through channels and Rey's mask was on the titantron screen and all the memories of Cruiserweight wrestling came all back to me. The first time i saw the bashems, Eddie taged with Tajiri. That same episode Tjiri landed on Eddie's car and Eddie looked surprised and he went down to the Tajiri and rolled him off his car and hugged his car becuase there was no dents. Torrie had a funeral for her dad i think on that same episode and Sable didn't like her. Billy Gunn was still on SD one episode Billy gunn, Jamie Noble, Nidia, and Torrie wilson all in one bed . That's about all i can remember of SD that summer. But watching Rey Mysterio wrestle kept me watching didn't care anyone else on SD at the time.

Mankind vs the Undertaker hell in a cell match. It was my first ever live PPV on screen. I saw Undertaker grab Mick, started to run and then time slowed down. Watching Mankind fly i acculy gasped. wide eyed because you knew at the time, no one was going to be thrown of that cage at that height. split seconds went by waiting for Mankind to reverse it. then boom. Crash. Mankind laid there. holy shit right? Then watching Mankind get back up climbing back to the cage. Undertaker carrying the chair then. Mankind get chokeslamed through the cage.....is it going to end? is he paralized? is this real hate?( i thought that at the time) i honestly thought it was a real fight for awhile. and the match still continued. it was my holy shit moment at age 12. 12 to 15 that match stayed in my mind and was a fan of Mankind ever since. I thought higher of him then just a alverage bui;d guy who's slow but durable. Like the energizer bunny he just keeps going and going and going.

will think of more later.

RevRun-Gods gift to u is ur talent.. what u do with it is ur gift 2 him... REAL TALK

Senior Monk

Status

Here's a few:

When Bobby Heenan held up the big gold belt on WWF TV in the early 90's and said the name "Ric Flair"

Out of the blue, evil Russian Nikita Koloff turns face due to respect for the nearly killed Magnum T.A. and partners with Dusty Rhodes to face the 4 Horsemen. This was done at a house show with one camera, the place EXPLODED, having watched wrestling since 84, I still have yet to see a crowd cheer like that again. Think Foleys first title win for reference. But bigger. Not to mention I can't find video of it anywhere.

Jericho beats the Rock and Austin in one night to be the first undisputed champ.

Edge cashes in the MITB to beat Cena after the EC match.

HBK superkicks Hogan, I jumped up and cheered at that one.

Sting faces off with Hogan after clearing the NWO from the ring, not the god awful Starrcade match, just an ending of Nitro.

Benoits WM20 title win.

I'm sure theres more.
    "What the hell is an aluminum falcon??!!"

Oderint Dum Metuant

Status
      Country                    us=United States

HHH return from his quad tear at MSG. Biggest pop for a wrestler I have ever heard in my life.

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Number 2 would have to be when Chris Jericho beat Triple H for the WWE title back in like 2000 on Smackdown. That joy quickly turned to disgust when HHH and Steph had the decision reversed by Earl Hebner. Total bullshit to this day.
    That was on Raw silly :-p

For some reason, everytime i see Hogan i always get chills, hearing the music is fantastic and for some reason i don't know why.

Other moments, Muta being announced for 1PW in the UK however 1PW then folded and i never got to see Muta in the UK.

Big Show/Lesnar superplex that broke the ring.

Kurt Angles TNA Debut

Austin Aries dive through the ropes to Nigel McGuinness that gave Nigel a concussion.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Ive just come back from an house show in Sheffield and the Undertakers entrance at every show most rank up there
    Last edited by Crocker; 04-18-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Have to agree Crock.

Saw Undertakers entrance live at Wrestlemania 23. Chills up the arms!

- Shane McMahon purchasing WCW
    - Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock (saw that live too)

Thread Information