Thread: iMPACT! - April 10th 2008 - Last stop before Lockdown!

God

Status

iMPACT! - April 10th 2008 - Last stop before Lockdown!

HUGE MAIN EVENT: STING & KEVIN NASH VS. TEAM 3D
    Two of the biggest superstars in wrestling history in Sting and Kevin Nash will team up this Thursday to face off against one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history in Team 3D! Not only that, but all four TNA stars will be a part of the Lethal Lockdown match on April 13 - so this will certainly be a preview of the potentially bloody battle coming up at Lockdown!

ALSO THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON SPIKE TV:

- Speaking of Lethal Lockdown, Team Tomko is livid over Matt Morgan's scheme this past Thursday, as he revealed himself to be the fifth and final member of Team Cage! Sources tell us Team Tomko plans to address the situation this Thursday night prior to the Pay-Per-View.

- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle has demanded to TNA Management that Samoa Joe be present during the broadcast to sign a legally-binding contract that if Joe does lose at Lockdown, he will honor his promise of walking away from the sport! Will Samoa Joe break from his training in California to appear on "iMPACT!" and sign the contract? Tune in and find out!

- In addition, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams (with Rhaka Khan) will take on The Motor City Machineguns!

- The final matches for Lockdown will be announced on the broadcast!

- Plus, it will be the TNA Wrestling return of newcomer Consequences Creed as he faces off against The Rock N' Rave Infection's Jimmy Rave in a Lockdown Xscape Match qualifier!
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

Re: iMPACT! - April 10th 2008 - Last stop before Lockdown!

If he beat Storm, Sting wont be jobbing to 3D. Nash maybe but Sting wont be taking the fall. 3D win.

Steiner & Petey to lose again. The initiation hasent been that good but at least its only getting a couple of minutes each time.

I like Rave but their is no way Creed is losing his (re-)debute match after all the videos he's had in recent weeks.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

CO-Captain Darkness

Status

I'm excited to see Creed. I think that he could be an interesting character to throw in the mix, and I'm hoping that he also has some decent in ring skills to boot. I haven't seen him so I am not 100% sure, but I thought good things were said before.

God

Status

He wrestled at Bound for Glory in the tag title match. He subbed for Pacman & was really impressive in my view. Before then he had only wrestled in front of a couple hundred people on the indie scene so he handeled it superbly. Assuming he gets in, i hope he does well in Xscape match. I could even see him winning so Lethal can feud with Dutt without having to involve the title aswell as the girl.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

- Samoa Joe returned to the broadcast after weeks of training for Sunday’s World Title match in order to sign a contract saying he would honor his promise to retire from the sport. After signing the contract to make it official, Joe promised Kurt Angle he would leave as champion this Sunday – then shook hands with the World Champion in a sign of respect between the two stars before their war at Lockdown!

- In the main event, Sting and Kevin Nash defeated Team 3D by disqualification after AJ Styles and Tomko interfered. All the members of both Lethal Lockdown teams came out to end the broadcast with a huge brawl!

- Consequences Creed made his successful TNA return, beating Jimmy Rave of The Rock N’ Rave Infection to qualify for Sunday’s Xscape Match for the X Division Championship.

- TNA Management Director Jim Cornette officially relieved Matt Morgan from his official duties, allowing Morgan to be his own man in TNA Wrestling. Last week, Morgan joined Team Cage for Sunday’s Lethal Lockdown match. Reacting to Cornette’s comments, Morgan was happy that he finally has a chance to prove himself in the ring in TNA.

- In tag team action, Scott Steiner and Petey Williams defeated The Motor City Machineguns after Williams got the win with the Canadian Destroyer. After the bout, Steiner and Rhaka Khan cut Petey’s hair and placed chain mail on his head and announced to the “iMPACT!” Zone that Williams will now be known as “Little Petey Pump”.

- A new bout has been added to Sunday’s Lockdown, called “Cuffed In The Cage” and featuring several TNA tag teams chained together in the steel structure. The participants in the bout are as follows:
    The Latin American Xchange
    The Motor City Machineguns
    Scott Steiner and Petey Williams
    Eric Young & Kaz
    The Rock N’ Rave Infection
    Black Reign & Rellik

- In Knockouts action, it was Roxxi Laveaux beating Angelina Love

- In singles action, Super Eric defeated Black Reign. Following the bout, Rellik hit the ring to continue the attack on Eric, leading to Kaz and then the Rock N’ Rave Infection coming out to join in on the brawl!

- X Division Champion “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal (along with SoCal Val) was interviewed on the broadcast about Sunday’s Xscape Match. During the interview, “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt appeared and asked Val if she wanted to go shopping with him! Val agreed and left the interview – and Lethal – to shop with Dutt!
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

I like the way Angle vs Joe is being built. Building as a legit fight which is the reason Karen was taken off TV so AJ wouldent get dragged into it. A good segment that did what was needed, nothing more, nothing less.

When the main event features two guys closer to 50 than 40 its not going to be MOTY. Team 3D played their rolls really well throughout the night. From ripping into Sting & Nash to their response when Cage ripped into them. I hope 3D stay heel & around the Upper-Card.

The post match brawl was really enjoyable & the crowd really got into it. A nice preview of Sunday.

I was impressed with Creed back at Bound for Glory. I was even more impressed this week. Thankfully he has gotten a finisher & it actually looked really good.

Petey had a good match on the show but the post match is what everyone reacted to. Simply by cutting his hair Steiner went from mega Face to Hated tweener heel. And Petey was willing! It was a great reaction from the crowd & i was even saying dont do it to the screen as i was watching.

12 guys in a cage is way too much. Unless they go out of the ring when eliminated this is going to be a cluster-fuck with hardly any big spots due to it being so crowded. I'm willing to give the elimination method a chance but i doubt i'll like it.

Overall it was a really good iMPACT! & better than last weeks. This week gets a B- heading into lockdown.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Thread Information