Thread: iMPACT!- March 27th 2008 - Live! Sting Returns! Angle vs Styles & Tomko!

God

Status

iMPACT!- March 27th 2008 - Live! Sting Returns! Angle vs Styles & Tomko!

THE TNA WRESTLING RETURN OF "THE ICON" - STING!
    As this past week's "iMPACT!" went off the air, fans witnessed the sign that Sting is set to return! TNAwrestling.com has learned that the multi-time World Champion will be making his return to TNA this Thursday night on the live "iMPACT!" from Orlando, Florida! What will Sting say about his return? Will the icon be a part of the Lockdown Pay-Per-View on Sunday, April 13? Tune in this Thursday night to see Sting live on SpikeTV!

SPECIAL ONLINE INTERACTIVE VOTE - FANS GET TO CHOOSE KONG'S OPPONENT THIS THURSDAY!
    In addition, it will be a "first" on "iMPACT!" as the TNA fans will get to vote online on who Awesome Kong should defend the Women's Championship against on the live broadcast! Beginning at 9pm at the start of the show, fans can log onto TNAwrestling.com and vote on who Kong should defend the gold against later that night!

WORLD CHAMP KURT ANGLE TO BATTLE...AJ STYLES AND TOMKO?!

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle continues his training this Thursday for his upcoming main event bout against Samoa Joe at Lockdown - and Angle has demanded to face fellow Angle Alliance members and TNA World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Tomko on the live broadcast! According to Angle, he wants some real competition and a true test before he faces Joe - so he's taking on Styles and Tomko! Angle will battle Styles and Tomko in 4 one-minute rounds...and according to the champ, they had better be ready for a fight, because Angle is bringing his best! he question is, how do AJ and Tomko feel about all this?!

Speaking of Samoa Joe, TNA fans will hear exclusive comments from the Samoan Submission Machine as he prepares for his Lockdown World Title Match at his training center in California!

XSCAPE MATCH QUALIFYING CONTINUES: SHELLEY VS. DEVINE
    Also this Thursday on the live "iMPACT!", qualifying for the Lockdown Xscape Match for the X Championship continues! Reigning champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, Curry Man and Sonjay Dutt have already earned spots - and this Thursday, it will be Alex Shelley vs. Johnny Devine to determine the next entrant!

A SITDOWN INTERVIEW WITH KAREN ANGLE
    Also announced will be an exclusive sitdown interview with Karen Angle where she will discuss her relationships with Kurt Angle and AJ Styles, her separation from the TNA World Champion, her future plans and more!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS THURSDAY NIGHT ON THE HISTORIC LIVE "iMPACT!" BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV - FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IN ORLANDO!
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

Re: iMPACT!- March 27th 2008 - Live! Sting Returns! Angle vs Styles & Tomko!

With the fans voting on who faces Kong for the title, who would you vote for if you were bothered?

Gail Kim
    ODB
    Roxxi Laveaux (This is the right answer)
    Angelina Love
    Velvet Sky
    Traci Brooks
    Christy Hemme
    Salinas
    Raisha Saeed
    Payton Banks
    Jacquline Moore

Even if you arent voting, who do you want to face Kong? My vote (If i was voting) goes to The Voodoo Queen. Firstly its something different. Secondly it helps put Roxxi over as a face after her recent turn. Thirdly they have had great matches before & im sure they could do it again.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

- The big news from the event is that Sting made his return to TNA and is part of Team Cage for the huge Lockdown Pay-Per-View on Sunday, April 13!

- During Kurt Angle’s match against AJ Styles and Tomko, Team Cage came out to attack the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. However, Team 3D hit the ring to even the odds, leading to a brawl between the Lethal Lockdown teams – at which point Sting made his return, making the challenge for a big 8-man main event later on with Sting, Christian Cage, Kevin Nash and Rhino vs. AJ Styles, Tomko and Team 3D.

- Sting ended up winning the main event for his team, but “Cowboy” James Storm attacked the icon before the broadcast ended – smashing a beer bottle over Sting’s head to ruin the victory celebration!

- Samoa Joe was interviewed during the show, as he was on location from his training facility in California as he prepares for his upcoming World Title shot against Angle at Lockdown.

- Karen Angle also took part in a sitdown interview with Mike Tenay, as she commented on her relationship with her “co-husbands” Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. Karen talked about moving out of the house from her husband and that she had finally met someone who cared about her – unlike her husband!

- Booker T won a “First Blood” match over Robert Roode, finally busting his head open on the outside of the ring to win the bout.

- TNA Women’s Champion Awesome Kong defeated ODB to retain her title – thanks to all of our fans that took part in the interactive votes!

- Johnny Devine beat Alex Shelley of the Motor City Machineguns in a qualifying match for the Xscape Match at Lockdown. Devine used the “Paparazzi Cam” as a weapon to get the win.

- More footage aired on the broadcast of “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal and SoCal Val on their date, which was again interrupted by “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt! Lethal took Val to work out with him, but Dutt once again showed up!

- In addition, the latest “Rough Cut” segment aired, with BG and Kip James commenting on their upcoming Lockdown match.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

God

Status

I think TNA managed the live show really well. At one point it did seem to drag a bit, like they were unsure what was next but other than that & the audio going AWOL during the Consequence Creed Video (For me anyway :mad i didnt notice anything big that went wrong.

I like that Devine has the Paparazzi cam but i think Tenay should have put over Devine & Shelley history. Shelley fired him from paprazzi productions less than two years ago. I figured thats why he had the camera but no mention was made of it

The LAX vs Steiner & Petey match was good for what it was. A match to put over LAX & to keep Petey taking the falls so Steiner can continue the initionations. Even tho it was a six person match Salines & Khan where never legal. Not a bad thing because neither are great wrestlers.

I dont know what is up with Roode vs Booker. They are more than capable of a great match together but for some reason they always come up short.

I'll be honest, the Karen Angle segment was boring & did nothing for anyone except to have her on the show.

The main event, while not a great match technically, was a really enjoyable match. Sting was always going to get the win & the post match attack from Cowboy was brilliant. I've said it for ages, He has the potential to be main event, All he needs is one big feud. I think this could be it.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

I think TNA managed the live show really well. At one point it did seem to drag a bit, like they were unsure what was next but other than that & the audio going AWOL during the Consequence Creed Video (For me anyway) i didnt notice anything big that went wrong.

I also thought the live show was very well handled. It almost felt taped though, which I dont know if its a good thing or not. Good job with Stings return live as well. Too bad the ratings didnt reflect what they were looking for.

I like that Devine has the Paparazzi cam but i think Tenay should have put over Devine & Shelley history. Shelley fired him from paprazzi productions less than two years ago. I figured thats why he had the camera but no mention was made of it

Paparazi Productions was pretty sweet and I think they should have mentioned it as well. I thought this was a pretty decent match.

The LAX vs Steiner & Petey match was good for what it was. A match to put over LAX & to keep Petey taking the falls so Steiner can continue the initionations. Even tho it was a six person match Salines & Khan where never legal. Not a bad thing because neither are great wrestlers.

Petey should maybe oh I don't know win maybe one match. This initiation seems a little stupid if he keeps losing IMO. I like the overall initiation series and its done well, but they need to mix it up by having Steiner whoop his ass even when he wins. Eventually Petey can go shithouse heel and turn on Steiner as well.

I dont know what is up with Roode vs Booker. They are more than capable of a great match together but for some reason they always come up short.

I actually really like this angle and commend Booker for wanting to put Roode over. Both men are coming off pretty well in this fued and I like how it playing out.

I'll be honest, the Karen Angle segment was boring & did nothing for anyone except to have her on the show.

Yeah gee....I wonder who it is.....

The main event, while not a great match technically, was a really enjoyable match. Sting was always going to get the win & the post match attack from Cowboy was brilliant. I've said it for ages, He has the potential to be main event, All he needs is one big feud. I think this could be it.

I dug it overall alot. Cowboy at the end wasnt even that necessary. Could have saved him for next week. And yes, I downloaded iMPACT before Smackdown this week.

Thread Information