Thread: Which wrestlers did WWE drop the ball on that TNA scooped up?

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Which wrestlers did WWE drop the ball on that TNA scooped up?

Man, everytime I watch TNA and see Gail Kim I say to myself "What in the world were they thinking in releasing her?" Gail can wrestle better than 90% of the current WWE womans wrestlers and is extremely cute. She can also deliver a good heel or face promo to boot.

The other obvious one is Christian. I still think they really legitimized TNA by letting him go to them. People like me who were so 'meh' about TNA before where counting down the days to his TNA arrival. Now he may not be THE reason that TNA gained more viewers or recognition, but he got alot of people in the door if you ask me.

Some would say Kurt Angle as well, but I really think he was kinda spent in the WWE and was going a little ass crazy to boot. Plus wasn't the story with him that he asked for his release due to medical issues?

Discuss...

Basic B*tches

Status

Re: Which wrestlers did WWE drop the ball on that TNA scooped up?

I agree on all counts. WWE dropped the ball on Gail Kim and Christian for sure. Maybe not Angle given the circumstances.

I wanted to mention Tomko, but I do remember him blowing a lot of spots in WWE. It seems his improvement stemmed from his tours in Japan. He's decent on the mic though.. I think WWE should have picked up on that.. Remember.. "Tomko, give me a beat.." "Nah"

- W * G * M -

Jobber

Status

I'm not sure if I'd agree with Gail Kim since even if WWE kept her, they would never allow her to be in matches that develop past 4 minutes like they do in TNA.

I would say Matt Morgan was a huge steal for TNA. I have no idea WHY WWE gave this man a stuttering gimmick when he seems to be very solid on the mic. I haven't seen him in the ring lately but I'm hearing he has improved greatly since his days in WWE.

I agree with Christian too. If only they would have kept him and they would have had another solid heel on their roster. Man, imagine a promo battle between Kennedy and Christian, that would have been crazy!

Curtain Jerker

Status

i completely agree both with gail kim and christian.. both are extremely talented and huge gains for tna..

i also agree with u on angle.. he went a little haywire and to me it doesnt matter if he is in tna or not.

i think they dropped the ball with shelly martinez as well.. she could have been so much more in wwe than a valet.

tna has been dropping the ball as of late a little.. with them bringing in all these former wwe talents, they seem to be losing sight of all their fresh talent and just pushing them aside..

theres alot of untapped talents..of course that can be said for both companys

True Heart and Emotion

Status

ODB wasnt ont he main wwe roster but she was in OVW so that was a huge steal IMO

I also think Morgan adn Tomko were great Steals TNA has turned them into main guys on there rosters total opp of what WWE where doing, with the stuttering gimmick for Morgan and the Foot loving freak for Tomko. Now there main guys Morgan is Cornettes inforcer and as we seen is in charge of making matches when Jim not there. Tomko is a TNA Tag champ and the leader of team tomko at one of there biggest ppvs of the year lockdown. These two where huge steals.

CWA'S New Chapter is about to begin

God

Status

If they had to appear on the main roster for any lenght of time:

Scott Steiner
    Tomko
    Christian Cage
    Gail Kim
    Rhino
    Kazarian (Never lost a match in WWE BTW)
    Christy Hemme (OK maybe not but she's still my girl )

If not:

AJ Styles (Offered a contract but he rejected)
    Samoa Joe (Used as a jobber without a contract)
    ODB (OVW)
    James Storm (Wasent taken when WCW was bought out)

Potentially:

RelliK
    Angelina Love
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

True Heart and Emotion

Status

never knew Storm was in WCW cool...

CWA'S New Chapter is about to begin

Senior Monk

Status

Christian by far. When he had the face to face in MSG with Vince, and the whole crowd was behind him, I was thinking that finally he'd get that push he deserved, then he jobbed out for 8 months. Great grab by TNA.
    "What the hell is an aluminum falcon??!!"

Hands down, it has to be The Truth. He was a rapping lowcard/tag team wrestler in 2000/2001. He was rather forgettable. Yet, one year later he became one of the main eventers for TNA in the early days. Up until 2005, Killings was always a major part of TNA. Whether it was the World Title, Tag Team or midcard scene, he was a solid member of the roster.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Christian Cage in my opinion was the biggest wrestler that WWE dropped the ball on that went to TNA. I mean the guy was over but still couldn't get a decent push.

Thread Information