Thread: WWE 2028

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Saturday's Night Main Event WWE 2028

This July marks the 20 year anniversary of Shawn Michaels WWF debut. Pretty amazing really. He has had his ups and downs and time away from the ring over the years, but it was always his #1 job and was really only away due to injury and burnout as well.

This begs the question. Are there any current superstars that will still be working as active wrestlers in the WWE in 20 years and considered legends ala Shawn Michaels or are those days of legends staying the course of time a thing of the past?

What other guys do you see as most liekly retired and working as bookers, road agents or something else within the company?

Who are they and why? Idiot answers need not reply.

On Vacation

Status

Re: WWE 2028

well the obvious answer is Tripel H i mean he is married to the bosses daughter, and i don't see him retiring anytime soon, i think trips will wrestle till he is 60 and when it's time to hang up the boots, i'm sure he has a place in the back ready and waiting for him, as if he already doesn't

Jobber

Status

John Cena seems to be one of those guys being groomed to be a legend and future hall of famer. Despite what the haters say, that man carried that company for about the last two years and we haven't heard any reports of the success going to his head (Batista), moments of immaturity (Orton) or that he isn't getting paid enough (yes, I'm talking about you Robert Lashley).

I think if he stays relatively injury-free, doesn't catch the full-time acting bug like The Rock and keeps his obvious passion for the business, I think he'll be around for years to come like HBK.

I think Santino Marella could be another guy that sticks around for a while. Although he isn't great in the ring, the guy is gold on the mic and that could lead to a future announcing gig or managing the next big, young monster heel that comes through WWE every once in a while.

I also see Matt Hardy and MVP as two other guys that could stay in the business for a while. With Hardy, I think he's one of those guys that loves the business too much to want to leave and he seems to have a great deal of loyality to the WWE (got fired because his girlfriend cheated on him and then as soon as they came calling, he was back with the quickness). I don't think he'll ever be WWE or World Champion (ECW Champion maybe) but he'll hover in the midcard-uppermidcard maybe like Kane or Umaga. Then afterwards, he'll stick around as a trainer for a WWE developmental terrority, if he doesn't open up his own wrestling school instead.

MVP seems, to me, like he's in it for the long haul also. He has improved greatly from the days when he was simply known as the "power ranger". He's really good on the mic and I think if he were to get moved to Raw (after all how can WWE's "most high profile athlete" not be on WWE's most high profile brand) and get him in feuds with Shawn Michaels, Cena and Jericho, I think he can turn out to be a major draw for the next few years (ballin').

I wanna say I see people like Edge or Rey Mysterio also in that category but I feel like either one of them are two or three injuries away (since they are both hurt very often) from being forced to call it quits.

Jobber

Status

shawn is going 2 be in the hof.

[Stunner Ink]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by r_r_r=ready_ready_ready View Post
    shawn is going 2 be in the hof.

There's something the world didn't know

Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, and any1 that is prolly under 30 will MAYBE still be wrestling or at least making cameo's.

If you were on a bus full of gay guys would you get off?

-I'm CraZical-

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Other than the obvious Ric Flair, I would believe some of the young/up'n'coming talent such as Kofi / Rhodes / Punk, maybe Orton will still be kickin' in their forties .. although I'm sure over 20 years there will be some new promotions/rival companies they all might go back and forth from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

If you are talking 20 years from now, then it would probably be the rookies that have started within the past year or so, as not very many have been with the company longer than 20 years (some exceptions). I think you can throw people like Matt Hardy and MVP out as they are already about 30 now, and even by 50, I don't see them as road agents.

If Triple H is still married to Stephanie or close with the McMahon family in 20 years, I see him involved for sure. Shane will probably be around still, possibly in the role his dad is currently in.

But beyond that, I really can't say. It could be someone like Colin Delaney, it could be D.H. Smith (both are young atm). Who knows.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    If you are talking 20 years from now, then it would probably be the rookies that have started within the past year or so, as not very many have been with the company longer than 20 years (some exceptions). I think you can throw people like Matt Hardy and MVP out as they are already about 30 now, and even by 50, I don't see them as road agents.

If Triple H is still married to Stephanie or close with the McMahon family in 20 years, I see him involved for sure. Shane will probably be around still, possibly in the role his dad is currently in.

But beyond that, I really can't say. It could be someone like Colin Delaney, it could be D.H. Smith (both are young atm). Who knows.

I agree with the premise that any superstar that is potentially going to be wrestling in 20 years would have to be like a Kenny Dykstra, Miz, Morrison, DH Smith type. (young with potential). I personally think that Matt Hardy and MVP have no chance in hell of working for the company in 20 years. Vince seems to want to get rid of Matt any chance he gets. lol

Jobber

Status

I think Matt was only actually fired once, all the other times he's been out was due to injury (appedix, staph infection, etc.) And just because people like Matt Hardy or a Colin Delaney aren't WWE World Champion material doesn't mean it's a matter of time before they're gone.

Look at guys like Hardcore Holly, Val Venis, Big Daddy V/Viscera/Mabel, they've all been with WWE for a long, long time and I think it's very likely for people like Holly and Venis to remain as agents after they eventually hang up the wrestling boots. I think even the Brooklyn Brawler, who has been with the company since the birth of Jesus, is still used every now and then. So I don't see why guys like MVP and Matt Hardy can't make it 20 years in the WWE.

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0E View Post
    So I don't see why guys like MVP and Matt Hardy can't make it 20 years in the WWE.
    My argument with guys like Matt Hardy, and MVP to a lesser extent, is that Hardy has already been with the company for 10 years as it is. Asking an additional 20 on top of that to make it to 2028? No way. But if you're asking if he'll be here in another 10? I wouldn't even bet on that, either.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Well, here's how I see it; John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and even the young guys like Cody Rhodes and Kenny Dykstra will be long retired by 2028. All of them are aging in the ring and they're aging fast. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them retire by 2010, to be honest.

By 2028, guys like Undertaker, Kane and Shawn Michaels will STILL be wrestling because they're that bad-ass and have wrestling in their blood. Triple H will still be the World Champion because he's a wrestling machine. Ric Flair will probably even make his return and headline WrestleMania 50. Yes, you better believe.

If you don't agree with Ruse the Moose, then suffer the noose.

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ruse the Moose View Post
    Ric Flair will probably even make his return and headline WrestleMania 50. Yes, you better believe.
    Of course, because Ric Flair will NEVER RETIRE!!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0E View Post
    Of course, because Ric Flair will NEVER RETIRE!!
    And that's why he'll never retire... EVER!

Formerly Zar

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ruse the Moose View Post

If you don't agree with Ruse the Moose, then suffer the noose.

YOu may want to think of a better rhyme sir. I know very little rhymes with Moose, but surely you can do better then that.
    I don't recognize anyone around here.

Thread Information