Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's late night list...

Слава Україні!

Status
      Country                    Ukraine

Mike's late night list...

Ok, so as some of you know, I've been on later and later each night. Well in my late nights, I've been going through the archives. And I will now present a list the members I kinda be interested to find out what they think of the forum now...

1. Miakal
    2. Bouchie
    3. Disco Raheem
    4. Papa Shango
    5. Mr. Hyde
    6. Mr. Kennedy
    7.skinartia
    8. Titus
    9. Chewy
    10. Acid_Drop
    11. 3D
    12. Matt S.
    13. Quack Handle
    14. "ECS"
    15. Drunksader
    16. IRALB
    17. Hellkat
    18. Reilly
    19. Narc
    20. IdaMAN

And boy have some of you settled down *looks at Tom Dogg/Giganto/Mister D and Jackies* I have to say, if you are ever terribly bored and cannot sleep, Look at really old threads, if you're like me and have no idea what's going on. Just laugh and nod your head.

By the by, any chance of a history lesson on this KYN/JVN/MonksDiner thing that happened. I can read bits and pieces but I know I'm not getting the full story

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Re: Mike's late night list...

Why did you leave Bulldog off that list.

I loved that guy.
    A throne is just a bench wrapped in velvet

Слава Україні!

Status

he seemed so terribly old and stale <_<

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status

Old, stale, but definitely not an emo. No sir.

Слава Україні!

Status

who the hell is DDG anyway

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status

1. Miakal Posting god, one of the reasons I stayed (so blame him). Was offered to stay at Monks and help build it (allegedly) and turned it down
    2. Bouchie Still comes on here from time to time to play in the arcade. Never really a Monks poster from what I remember but was a mini legend at JVN with his tales of how to purchase condoms and lose one's virginity
    3. Disco Raheem Hardcore Australian poster, offended many many people on many occasions. Loved Miakal. Once you got past the initial shit, he was actually an excellent guy and could post really well
    4. Papa Shango He was pretty much in areas I didn't post in. Miakal liked him, I didn't know him well
    5. Mr. Hyde Not a regular when I joined, but occasional poster. I think he's a friend of Rambo's and possibly Nec's too. Possibly African
    6. Mr. Kennedy Was a regular here but just pissed off too many of the bosses eventually with his continual wading in on debates where he would spam wikipedia all over the place. Clearly a retard that knew nothing except how to cut and paste
    7.skinartia Kind of like a female Disco! Is that a compliment? Was belittled for posing on internet nudey site, told us all to fuck off and then left
    8. Titus Don't know him, may have been admin long long ago
    9. Chewy Was a regular and mod here up until very recently. Very popular poster, was also called Demetrius at one stage. Kind of similar to Miakal but more R15 than R18
    10. Acid_Drop Brit poster that would come in, post well, ask to be made a mod, then fuck off and we'd never see him again for another year. Did this for quite some time!
    11. 3D
    12. Matt S.Macdonalds worker that was the butt of many a joke!
    13. Quack Handle Also known as DDG. Dave was a North London boy (so my closest fellow poster), quite possibly gay but I'm not sure if we ever knew for sure. As with Disco, he loved Miakal and was given so much rope to hang himself. Eventually he did. Could actually be very fine poster but was an even better flamer!
    14. "ECS" Can't remember
    15. Drunksader Can't remember
    16. IRALB Can't remember, did you to post quite a bit, but like Papa Shango not someone I noticed much
    17. Hellkat Lovely Canadian lady that posted here as Psycho Diva. I think she may have trained to wrestle at some stage. She gradually posted less and less
    18. Reilly Where is Reilly? Good guy, excellent Irish potato swigging poster. Contributed in lots of areas but gradually less and less
    19. Narc Intenet gambling gimp that allegedly scored more women than any of us. Ran away crying
    20. IdaMAN Posts here occasionally as AudioSavior. Posted huge amounts at JVN and was eventually the kingpin there.

Know Your News was a site run by a reputable wrestling geek by the name of Jimmy Van (a Canadian I believe). It was a good site (originally Wrestle Wire). And it spawned a whole General Discussion and many other areas away from wrestling too. I think Miakal and a guy called PP2 and maybe a few others had been Admin there, but when I joined Simon was in charge of the thing. Simon (for whatever reason....and bear in mind this is just my take on things) decided to step down and put Ida in charge of the place. This was not a popular move with many people!

To keep a long story short, the upshot was that Simon was banned from JVN (it had change name by then) and eventually went away to create this place with Joe from what I recall. Spookily, some of us on JVN discovered this "new" site and posted over here. Some posted exclusively over here, some in both places, some even at JVN exclusively. Gradually (again from my opinion) Monks became more and more relevant, actually had some new members too, and JVN had nothing going on apart from 3 or 4 of us trying to keep a dead site going and talking to ourselves.

I think, with the placed dead as a dodo, Simon bought up the JVN backlog and moved that over here too.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-20-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    19. Narc Intenet gambling gimp that allegedly scored more women than any of us. Ran away crying
    haha I remember that. Good times.
    [Today 05:12 PM] DD: Slim gets the sexiest boy ever award

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    haha I remember that. Good times.
    Lol, I think you, Jay and maybe Dak too all beat him up one night.

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

well that was a plan, but me and jay didnt get a chance, before we could stop him, Dak pulled out his shotgun...

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Haha, oh yeah Narc. That piece of crap was fun to argue with....

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status

14. "ECS" Can't remember
    15. Drunksader Can't remember
    16. IRALB Can't remember, did you to post quite a bit, but like Papa Shango not someone I noticed much
    If I remember correctly, ECS was short for "eye cannt spel" or something like that. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else, he was a hardcore Stone Cold Steve austin fan, and gave off sort of a redneck-ish vibe. He was a very abrasive guy who had a tendency to rub people the wrong way. I might be thinking of somebody else, but I'm not sure

Drunksader was a pretty good guy. He was a NY'er (like me!), a very regular poster, he was always enthusiastic about the stuff we did ont he site, and so forth. I think eventually he got more responsibility at his job, so he couldnt post from work, and eventually just faded away

IRALB stood for "I Ride A Little Bike", which I tihnk he called himself because he was like a BMX bike rider or something. Simon always used to say he thought he was "too cool for school", because he had that sorta young, slacker, "everything sucks" kinda mentality.

As for the JVN/Monks thing, this is what happened

Simon was the Admin, and IdaMAN was the VP (I guess kinda like what Joe is now). Eventually, Simon decided he had enough of the bullshit that went along with being an admin and wanted to just be a regular mod. IdaMAN took over as admin and asked me to be 2nd in charge, I accepted.

One of the things that we took very seriously over there was not leaking secrets from the mod forum, because it made the staff look uncontrolled and amateurish. So, one day Disco Raheem (who was a gigantic dickhead) posted a conversation from MSN between Simon and DDG (who was an even bigger dickhead than Disco), eventually it was revealed that major portions of the "conversation" were fabricated, but we did not know that at the time.

The "conversation" was basically Simon shit-talking IdaMAN and cutting and pasting stuff from the mod forum. I dont know how much of it was really Simon talking, since DDG and Disco manipulated it. However, it played on the fact that there was a growing sentiment among forum members that IdaMAN was too quick-tempered to admin the forum, and he was perhaps a little drunk with power. Although he did have a temper, I do not think he was drunk with power.

Me and IdaMAN had to decide what to do in respond to the "conversation" that was posted, so we banned Simon for a week on the grounds of leaking confidential mod forum stuff. My impression was that we would talk to Simon about it, and after hearing his side of the story, we could readjust the ban if necessary. I think IdaMAN was a little more bothered by the MSN conversation (since it personally attacked him), so I think he was less willing to hear Simon's side.

Anyway, Simon saw he was banned and he flipped out in anger at IdaMAN. There was a ton of drama involved and e-fighting between the two, and eventually things settled down and Simon was let back. Through it all, Simon and I remained on good terms.

But after a while, Simon secretly made his own forum (Monks Diner) and invited select members to join. It was kinda like an undergro8und thing at first. He asked me, but I was hesitant at first, because I didnt want to "betray" IdaMAN. But then he named Disco Raheem as a mod, and unfortunately, I was too cowardly to stand up and say that it was ridiculous and he didnt belong. That was very poor decision-making on my part. Instead, I came aboard here and started posting on both sites, after having stepped down as VP from JVN weeks earlier.

IdaMAN eventually found out about this place, and some more drama arose, but I dont think it was anything really major. also, some members, such as Bouchie, were insulted that they were not invited to join, and harbored ill feelings towards Simon. Eventually, most of the good posters from JVN migrated here, leaving only a few stragglers behind. And thats where we stand

Hope that clears some stuff up...

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

haha nice read tom. I didnt know some of that.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status

Well, it's so far in the past (almost 3 years...wow!) that I'm sure the parties involved dont mind some of the details being brough forward...

aka Joe Cool

Status

What Tom left out (I'm sure he didn't know) was that Simon and myself jumped ship and formed this place.

It was originally Miakal's idea but we were the two people building it and setting it up as a seperate entity.

I was burnt out on forums in general and looked at this place as a way to refresh my creative ideas and take the chance to contribute to something I knew was going to be special.

Miakal eventually decided he wanted to stay at JVN and eventually we found Felix so there you have the history of the 3 admins currently in place.

Beyond the obvious....

"Keep a cool head and maintain a low profile.
    Never take the lead, but aim to do something big."
    - Deng Xiaoping

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Giganto View Post
    also, some members, such as Bouchie, were insulted that they were not invited to join, and harbored ill feelings towards Simon. Eventually, most of the good posters from JVN migrated here, leaving only a few stragglers behind. And thats where we stand

Hope that clears some stuff up...
    I was a little insulted that I wasn't invited to join. I didn't find out anything about it until Ida found out about Monks and demodded T.J. Spyke/Mr. Kennedy over at JVN because he posted at Monks as well. I asked T.J. Spyke/Mr. Kennedy the URL for this site and the rest is history.

But you all know Monks wouldn't be the same without the Dakman.

aka Joe Cool

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I was a little insulted that I wasn't invited to join. I didn't find out anything about it until Ida found out about Monks and demodded T.J. Spyke/Mr. Kennedy over at JVN because he posted at Monks as well. I asked T.J. Spyke/Mr. Kennedy the URL for this site and the rest is history.

But you all know Monks wouldn't be the same without the Dakman.
    There was controversy going around about the invites so we stopped them after awhile to be fair to everyone involved if I remember correctly. I wasn't doing it so I don't know....

I'm sure it wasn't meant as something personal dude.

- Deng Xiaoping

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

I was just looking around on some old posts from jvn...

Bulldog: Never changed my name here either. Though Spidey almost had me convinced into changing it to Tyler Durden once!!
    alomst, haha looks like he did!

aka Joe Cool

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I was just looking around on some old posts from jvn...

alomst, haha looks like he did!
    Yup....it suits him well too in my humble opinion.

- Deng Xiaoping

Basic B*tches

Status

how about my days as admin? Those were fun..

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cool View Post
    There was controversy going around about the invites so we stopped them after awhile to be fair to everyone involved if I remember correctly. I wasn't doing it so I don't know....

I'm sure it wasn't meant as something personal dude.
    I know. But it is just one of those things. Just hurt the pride a little in the short term.

No hard feelings over it on my end. Just saying at the time, I did feel a little left out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information