Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your top 5 Best Talkers

Senior Monk

Status

Your top 5 Best Talkers

For me, I'll go with:

5. Arn Anderson: A million people say "I'm gonna kick you ass" in so many words, when Double A says it, I believe it, and then I'd run. For a to the point, intense, realistic, intelligent promo, the enforcer can say it all.

4. Jake Roberts: Very similar to AA, but with that little a bit of over the toppness that is the reason we love pro wrestling, plus he was a nutjob, which is always fun to watch.

3. Vince Mcmahon: You have to give it to him, there is nobody who makes you wanna hop the ring barrier and risk a beating/arrest more than Vince. You just want to strangle him, with those smug remarks and that "Im the shit" smirk. Because in the end, he is the shit, we're jealous and we want to kick him in the grapefruits.

2. Ric Flair: Unless you started watching wrestling last week, there is no need to elaborate on the legend of Slic Ric.

1. Mick Foley: Let me start with, I am far from the biggest Foley fan. His style is kinda boring to me and his HiTC 98 is basically nothing but 3 spots. However, when it comes to promo's, he's the man, for one big reason, sincerity. If you believe in what you say, so will we. We know it's a show, but with the passion and wit he can deliver with really shows he cares, and thats how you sell yourself. He may be the Hardcore legend, but to me, he deserves a golden mic.

Honorable mention: Heel HBK.
    "What the hell is an aluminum falcon??!!"

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Your top 5 Best Talkers

5. HBK - Whether as a face or a heel, HBK is from the old school wrestlers that learned to talk on the mic....and he is good at it.

4. Mick Foley - One of the best ever on the mic. He does get a little too intense at times to believable though.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin - When Austin talks on the mic there is something special about it. He is just a really good public speaker.

2. Y2J - Chris Jericho just had a lot of charisma. He had a great sense of timing and could get the crowd behind what he had to say.

1. The Rock - The Great One. When The Rock got on the mic, he had everyone in the audience in the palm of his hand. He had great speaking skills and an unrivaled sense of timing. He was great with improvisitaion and delivered many of the most memorable lines ever uttered in the WWE. The best ever in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Dakstang; 05-29-2007 at 10:24 PM.

On Vacation

Status

skip all teh rest CENA RULES ON THE MIC LAWL JK

hmmm

5. stone cold
    4. Mr. Kennedy
    3. edge
    2. the great khali
    1. teh rock

lol great khali

Basic B*tches

Status

I'd say The Rock, Triple H, and Ric Flair are the 3 best I've seen and it's mainly because they are all equally entertaining on the mic as a heel or face.

- W * G * M -

Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

Status

1. rock 2. foley 3. jericho 4. JBL 5. HBK

Honorable mention to taker during his american bad ass gimmick - in particular, i'll never forget his line during the time when the audience could say nothing but "WHAT?" and taker said something along the lines of "Say "what" if you sleep with your sister" - and the audience all said "WHAT?" in unison. CLASSIC!

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

I couldn't possibly do them in order, they're all way too great and it would depend on what day of the week as to which would be number 1. But my five favourites are -

The Rock - Just awesome. It saddens me when people make out he was never less than very fine in the ring, and that his promos were all there were to him. But god damn his mic work was excellent. Usually at his best, as so many of the greats were, when he improvised. For example, crowd starts up a Goldberg chant, The Rock glares at them before finally saying "Don't think you're impressing The Rock by chanting the name of The Rock's accountant, Ira Goldberg".

Mick Foley - I like Mick's versatility with promo's as much as anything else. He could be deranged, sitting their rocking back and forth and muttering into the mic, he could have a clown by his side and do flat out geek humour, or (and my favourites) he could be very sinister. The sinister ones I think he took a lot out of Jake Roberts locker there. I love that he appreciated and fully realised that you do not have to be a generic tool shouting about how you are going to kick someones ass. It's way better to take it down some decibels and to talk quietly sometimes. Very effective.

Paul Heyman - Not a wrestler, but an incredible and passionate talker. A guy that really makes you feel like you want to go out and absolutely murder someone on his behalf.

JBL - A god awful wrestler, which just goes to show how golden he was on the mic to have gone as far as he did. He was pretty good value in the backstage APA skits, but came into his own with his mic work during his lengthy title reign. It was only the mic work that made that reign even remotely worthwhile!! I also enjoy his commentary. A natural and very effective heel and terrific heat machine. He did what you have to do....he made people genuinely want to see him killed out there!

Edge & Christian - Good value at times as singles players, but go find the link to all the millions of comedy spots they did during their tag team run together. These two were priceless, had timing, and clearly loved doing what they were doing together. I still await the WWE Comedy DVD (centred mainly around these guys!)
    A throne is just a bench wrapped in velvet

Curtain Jerker

Status

Now

1. Christian Cage
    2. Santino
    3. JBL
    4. Y2J
    5. Kurt Angle

All-Time

1. Bret Hart (no one made promos look more real)
    2. Kevin Nash
    3. The Rock
    4. Steve Austin
    5. Paul Heyman

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

1. Ric Flair 2. The Rock 3. Stone Cold 4. Triple H 5. Arn Anderson

Curtain Jerker

Status

of all time

1. The Rock easily
    2. Ric Flair
    3. Heel HHH
    4. Stone Cold
    5. Dusty Rhodes

Formally Jeff

Status

Shawn Michaels: I've said it before and I will say it again, he is possibly the best heel microphone worker of all time. He knows how to play into the crowd like no other sports entertainer. As a face, his microphone work is still amazing, but it isn't quite up to par with his heel microphone work.

Paul Heyman: Hide your wifes, it's Edge! Who could possibly forget some of this mans work. Remember the shoot he did on TNN when they were publicly negotiating with WWE to bring Raw onto TNN, just to kick ECW off? That was pure gold. So many other memories this man has given us.

Ric Flair: Can you say emotional moments? This man has had some of the best segments in wrestling history. Who can forget the night he returned to Nitro after his fallout with Eric Bischoff, when Raw went off air after his match with Triple H, and of course the night he returned to raw as Vince McMahon's business partner.

Mick Foley: I can't really say anything about him that hasn't already been said, but he was, and still is, one of the all time greats on the microphone.

Kevin Nash: A great deal of people forget about Mr. Nash when talking about the best microphone workers in sports entertainment. He is great at it, especially when a comedic role. I never was too high on his microphone work when he was doing the tough guy gimmick back in 2003. In any other role, I thought he was gold.
    ----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Flair Forever !!

Status

In no order:

Ric Flair
    Mick Foley
    Paul Heyman
    James Mitchell
    Dusty Rhodes
    The Undertaker
    Shawn Michaels
    Bret Hart
    The Rock
    Stone Cold
    JBL

I wanted to name more than five, deal with it.

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

I was really looking forward to answering this.

And then realised this was a bumped thread and I already had.

I stand by my original selections.

Sexy Stoner

Status

All Time:
    1. Ric Flair
    2. Mick Foley
    3. The Rock
    4. Steve Austin
    5. Shawn Michaels

WWE:
    1. Shawn Michaels
    2. Chris Jericho
    3. Santino Marella
    4. Triple H
    5. Edge

TNA:
    1. James Mitchell
    2. Christian Cage
    3. Jim Cornette
    4. Sharmell
    5. Robert Roode

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm going to throw out a few selections that stray from the path...at least somewhat.

Honorable Mention: Kurt Angle. True, Damn True.

5. Goldust - He just threw out some creepy promos & could really keep in character. I'll always be a fan of the persona.

4. Raven - Thought his WCW promos in the height of his popularity were really something, what with slinking himself into the ring corner & whatnot.

3. Jake The Snake - A true sense of realism in this promos as a heel.

2. Santino Marella - Yes, he's newer to the game. And kudos to the WWE for capitalizing on the 'broken English foreigner' phase that's sweeping America, ala Grand Theft Auto IV & Borat. But he is just DAMN entertaining everytime he gets on that mic. I mean, come on, "Roddy The Piper"? WOW.

1. Hulk Hogan - Sure, it's the same few phrases that we've all come to know and either lover or hate. I love hearing them. Long before Austin or The Rock, Hogan had that crowd eating out of his hand & still has the power to do so today. Sorry Nature Boy.

Curtain Jerker

Status

1. rock 2.flair 3.mick 4.heyman 5.warrior ahahhaha

God

Status

05. Rock
    04. Chris Jericho
    03. Christian Cage
    02. James Mitchell
    01. Raven

Honourable mentions to Edge, Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair also.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Curtain Jerker

Status

1-The Rock
    2-Stone Cold Steve Austin
    3-Mr.Kennedy
    4-Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels
    5-Santino Marella

Best There Will Ever Be

Status

hmm intreasting thread

1 The Rock it dosn't get any better than the great one
    2.Stone Cold Steve Austin not many people get better crowd reactions than him.
    3.Bret Hart dosn't get mentioned much for his mic skills but he could sure cut a promo
    4. Y2J dosn't get better than RAW is 100% Jericho
    5. Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndy such a great speaker i could listen to him all day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Say Hello To My Little FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jobber

Status

5. "Macho Man" Randy Savage.
    Many, Many people may disagree with this, but this topic is all about your own opinion. And In my opinion Randy Savage is very good on the mic. he is someone who just has that voice to make you get excited and want to hear more of him etc... if you get what I mean.

4. Ric Flair
    Although, the Nature Boy misses out words every now and then, he is still one of the best wrestlers to ever talk on the mic. in wrestling history. He is funny, and he gets the point across so it is all good.

3. HEEL Triple H
    The only time I like Triple H is when he is a heel. I like watching him in the ring at all times, but prefer when he is heel. On the mic. as a face he is boring if you ask me. I like the feud with Orton, because Orton is brilliant on the mic. as a heel. But if you go back to Triple H's feud with Batista in 2005 he was Phenomenal on the mic. it was unbelievably the amount of heat he was able to get from the crowd due to his mic. skills.

2. Chris Jericho / Christian Cage / Stone Cold Steve Austin / Raven

All of these are different on the mic. But they are all around the same sort of standards. Jericho jokes around a lot which is funny. Cage is a sort of jokey / serious sort of person on the mic. which is good. Austin just is great and gets the crowd behind him. Raven just plain owns on the mic. IMO.

1. The Rock / Shawn Michaels

Now, The Rock is incredible on the mic. no doubts about it. In my opinion the best wrestler ever on the mic. in wrestling history. However, Rock is only good on the mic. as a face in my opinion. When he turned heel like what 2003 sort of time, just before he left? He wasn't all too good... When he was face and joked around for like 10minutes in a promo non-stop getting the crowd behind him, he was phenomenal. Michaels however is amazing as a face, as a heel, tweener whatever the hell you want him to be he will cut incredible promo's all night long.

Showing now in Be the Booker section.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Rock
    Triple H
    Steve Austin
    Edge (When he speaks I want to get in there and strangle him)
    HBK

Thread Information