Thread: What's your favorite Wrestlemania Moment?

Basic B*tches

Status

What's your favorite Wrestlemania Moment?

Man, I have so many... My favorite moment isn't really a moment but an event. I thought Wrestlemania X-7 was the best wrestling event I've ever seen. Rock/Austin in the main event when both were at the top of the industry. The TLC match was awesome. Taker/HHH was awesome. Benoit/Angle was awesome. Even Shane/Vince was pretty good with Trish and Steph and Linda involved. I loved every minute of that show, have it on DVD.. and when I look back at it I'm amazed at how great and fun wrestling can be when everything from stroylines to in-ring competition is clicking.

- W * G * M -

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    Christ, so many

Rock / Hogan at WM18
    Savage and Liz reuniting at WM7
    Benoit and Eddie in the ring at WM20
    Hogan / Andre WM3
    Hogan / Warrior WM6

And yeah.. WM 17 was pretty fucking spectacular as a whole
    those are my faves

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England
    Being there at WM17.

Don't know if I've ever mentioned that!!! (lol)
    A throne is just a bench wrapped in velvet

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    have to be RM17.. and the TLC match has to be one of my top 10 matches of all time.

Status
    The TLC match is that when Edge speared Jeff Hardy from the ladder. That is one of the greatest moves I have ever seen in a ring.
    March 28th: Ring of Honor in Orlando, FL, March 29th: WWE Hall of Fame in Orlando, FL, March 30th: WWE Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, FL
    April 13th: TNA Lockdown from Lowell, MA

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Yeah I've got two. The first was TLC 2 which was an absolutely amazing thing to watch for all the crazy spots they pulled out in the match but the one moment in particular was when Rhino put Christian on his shoulders and started ascending the ladder to go for the belts while at the same time Lita was on Matt's shoulders and Spike was on Bubba's all going for the gold at the same time.

The second is the main event of Rock vs. Austin. Arguably the two biggest stars in the history of the business going toe to toe, just an amazingly electric atmosphere and if it were ever possible to have a stroke from watching professional wrestling this match was it. My friends and I just started screaming random shit at the tv when Rock kicked out of Austin's second Stunner, in an evenly divided room between Austin and Rock fans made it even more fun to watch.

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wizard
    Yeah I've got two. The first was TLC 2 which was an absolutely amazing thing to watch for all the crazy spots they pulled out in the match but the one moment in particular was when Rhino put Christian on his shoulders and started ascending the ladder to go for the belts while at the same time Lita was on Matt's shoulders and Spike was on Bubba's all going for the gold at the same time.

The second is the main event of Rock vs. Austin. Arguably the two biggest stars in the history of the business going toe to toe, just an amazingly electric atmosphere and if it were ever possible to have a stroke from watching professional wrestling this match was it. My friends and I just started screaming random shit at the tv when Rock kicked out of Austin's second Stunner, in an evenly divided room between Austin and Rock fans made it even more fun to watch.
    Did I mention I was there!!

The TLC was superb, but SCSA and The Rock showed that...without a ton of gimmicks or props....and just wrestling and brawling around the ring, how incredible they both were.

World Champion

Status
    WM 6 - Demolition winning Tag Titles
    WM 21 - Hogan saving Eugene
    WM 8 - Flair v Macho Man

Status
      Country                    Canada
    My fav will always be the first ever Iron Man match, that was just awesome. HBK comin down from the balcony is one of my favorite things to watch.

Flair vs Macho Man is another match i'll always remember
    Austin & Piper last year was pretty good too
    The first ever Ladder Match was good too with HBK and Razor
    Austin vs Bret Hart Submission Match was another great one
    Savage vs Warrior Retirement Match, I'll never forget Macho hitting FIVE flying elbow drops and Warrior STILL coming out the winner.
    And of course the TLC matches were just awesome

Jedi

Status
    I wasent a fan til after 2000, so I missed alot of the old time classics.

But the biggest moment for me was when brock hit the shooting star press but ended up landing on his head, only to get up and hit the F-5 on angle to win the WWE Heavy Weight Title.
    “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
    Willie Nelson

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy
    I wasent a fan til after 2000, so I missed alot of the old time classics.

But the biggest moment for me was when brock hit the shooting star press but ended up landing on his head, only to get up and hit the F-5 on angle to win the WWE Heavy Weight Title.
    Well, you are only 12 so we'll forgive you.

That was one messed up moment. Anyone who has seen Brock in OVW knew he could totally nail that move, but on the biggest stage he completely f*cked it up.

Jedi

Status
    Im 12 and a haft there grandpa.
    “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
    Willie Nelson

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
    I'm betting there are some guys my age that are Grandpa's in a little ol' place like Port Alberni!!!

Hey! Remember this guy?

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    Without a doubt Eddie and Benoit at Mania 20. It was a truly amazing moment.
    I wish my sex life was like ECW, first you get a One Night Stand followed by 2 months of nostalgic orgasms and then 6 months of constant sucking.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    I'm obviously biased to stuff at WMXX (since I was there), so HHH tapping out to Benoit, and Undertaker's return vs. Kane stick out to me.

But besides that, WM17 as a whole was amazing (my favorite wrestling show ever), Rock-Hogan was awesome, Hogan slamming Andre back in the day, Warrior beating Hogan for the title, Austin passing out from the sharpshooter, Lawrence Taylor main-eventing WM11 (Giants fan bias), Muhammad Ali as the second referee in WM1, and a few others come to mind

Senior Monk

Status
    WM20, the obvious. WM3, Steamboat pinning Savage, crowd went crazy. Angle/HBK. Bret vs Piper WM8. All I can think of atm.
    "What the hell is an aluminum falcon??!!"

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    oh yeah, i forgot Bret-Piper

I loved how Piper held up the ring bell like he was gonna use it, and then he had a change of heart and threw it away, just to lose to Bret in the end. Awesome match.

I also liked Owen beating Bret at WM X, followed by Bret winning the title later that night.

The trifecta of Rock-Austin matches were great. I particularly liked WM19, when Rock was heel, and finally got the pin on Austin after like 3 Rock Bottoms

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    I love Wrestlemania 8

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: What's your favorite Wrestlemania Moment?

I got 2 Favorite Wrestlemania moments

1.Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit Celebrating with the WHT and WWE Tittle at Wrestlemania XX with the confetti dropping I was happy to witness that moment live.

2.Stone Cold vs The Rock at WrestlemaniaX7 where SCSA turned heel and sided with the Devil himself Vincent K. Mcmahon and beat the hell out of the Rock with the Chair.
    nice guys finish last thats why im a ASSHOLE!!!!

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Re: What's your favorite Wrestlemania Moment?

Please don't bring back such old threads, especially when there is a newer, perfectly viable option already in the PPV forum.

Try and look at the dates of last posts in threads. Thanks.
    Last edited by PS; 06-15-2008 at 12:25 PM.

And he scores goals...!

Thread Information