Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated wrestlers of all time?

WWE Mid Carder

Status

Most overrated wrestlers of all time?

I would have to say Goldberg. Goldberg sucked in the ring and on the mic. Here is all Goldberg did each match...kick, kick, punch, punch, Spear, Blarg, Jackhammer, whos next

Formerly Zar

Status
    Wow...do I get to be the guy who says Hogan?

well then, I'd say the Ultimate Warrior

WWE Mid Carder

Status
    but Hogan could always work a crowd, and he still can. Deep down I know a lot of haters secretly respect Hogan.

Wii #1

Status
    Goldberg,Hogan,Warrior,maybe Lex Luger. There have been others but I believe these 4 are the most overated.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wii #1

Status
    Yes Hogan could work a crowd but he sucked when it came to wrestling skills.
    Help out a struggling college student. Visit and shop for video games at my Amazon-based store, also get Blu-ray Discs: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20
    You can also help me out by gifting me Virtual Conole/WiiWare games or sharing PSN games with me (PM me for my info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    Luger's a good choice.

Kevin Nash too. I mean, he was kinda charismatic, but not THAT charismatic, and we all know he was terrible in the ring

The King of "Old School"

Status
    I'm seriously waiting for someone to say HHH, and then try to explain why.

Midcarder No More

Status
    I agree with most of the above nominations:

Hogan sucked in the ring, but was a great entertainer (though I never really bought into it - he did something right), so I don't think he's the worst because his charisma made up for his inability to work a good match.

Warrior sucked in the ring too. He was horrible at promos, so the only thing that saved him was his gimmick. For some reason, I LOVED this guy but hated Hogan as a kid....go figure.

Goldberg isn't the greatest worker or promo guy - he's kind of like the Warrior in that his gimmick made him. His matches were more watchable than were Hogan or Warrior's, IMO.

Lex Luger sucked all-around. Not a good worker, not a good promo guy, and really not a good gimmick. Good thing he had a million dollar body, otherwise he would've been working at Burger King. Probably the most overrated ever...

Kevin Nash was always agonizing to watch. He simply wasn't a good worker, and I didn't think he was that good as a promo guy, either. Fortunately, his hand as a founder of the nWo helped him in the entertainment department, so that saves him from being all hype.

There are other sucky guys, I'm sure, but for my money, it doesn't get any worse than "The Total Package" Lex Luger. What a joke...
    Y2J The King Of The World's Top 5 On...
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    TNA
    1. Christian Cage / 2. A.J. Styles / 3. Christopher Daniels / 4. Samoa Joe / 5. The Truth
    SMACKDOWN
    1. Ken Kennedy / 2. Batista / 3. Bobby Lashley / 4. King Booker / 5. Matt Hardy
    RAW
    1. Edge / 2. Shawn Michaels / 3. Triple H / 4. Shelton Benjamin / 5. Carlito
    ECW
    1. Kurt Angle / 2. Rob Van Dam / 3. Sabu / 4. Sandman / 5. Tommy Dreamer

Dark Match Regular

Status
    I would say Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, both guys I just never really felt that they had "it".

Senior Monk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy86
    I would say Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, both guys I just never really felt that they had "it".

Hmm, I would disagree on Scott Hall. I thought he had mad charisma, and while I'm not an expert in wrestling skills, he did have that awesome ladder match with Shawn Michaels at Wrestle Mania X. That should count for something.

aka Joe Cool

Status
      Country                    us=United States
    - Hogan: He was/is one of the best at promos but his in-ring work is so-so at
    best.

- Warrior: His arsenal was a pain to watch and very predictable. When I was
    a kid I was hoping Hogan would beat him at WM 6. I wasn't into
    Hogan but cared less about Warrior and his promos were confusing. I
    never knew what he was talking about with the grunts and yelling all
    the time.

- Goldberg: I don't think I have to elaborate on this one.

- BG James: Never fully impressed me.

- B. Gunn: See BG James above.

"Keep a cool head and maintain a low profile.
    Never take the lead, but aim to do something big."
    - Deng Xiaoping

Asthmatic Virtual Ninja

Status
    I guess it means what the definition of "overrated" is here. If its work in the ring, pretty much all of the above-mentioned people deserve a mention.

Gettingoldstonecoldberg is the top of my list too. Character never evolved, horrible in the ring and out, and he ended Bret Hart's career. 'Nuff said.

I think Hogan was pretty miserable in the ring as well, charisma on the mic aside. Pretty much every match was the same restholdfest followed by him winning. Every. Time. He could work a crowd though, and he IS responsible to a great degree for wrestling becoming what it is today, so I can't be too hard on him.

Warrior was a dog as well, but he had electricity if not outright charisma. He could be carried to decent matches though, I enjoyed his fueds with Rick Rude. They weren't clinics but they were enjoyable.

Since Spidey mentioned Billy Gunn (and I agree), let me throw in his wife...er...other half, Road Dog Jesse James (or whatever). Most overrated tag team EVER. EEEVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!

Here's one that might be controversial: Roddy Piper. His matches sucked pretty much most of the time, and I never thought his promos were that special. Oddly enough I do respect the body of his career, but I would just as soon never watch another one of his matches again.

Formerly Zar

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pp2
    Since Spidey mentioned Billy Gunn (and I agree), let me throw in his wife...er...other half, Road Dog Jesse James (or whatever). Most overrated tag team EVER. EEEVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!

Here's one that might be controversial: Roddy Piper. His matches sucked pretty much most of the time, and I never thought his promos were that special. Oddly enough I do respect the body of his career, but I would just as soon never watch another one of his matches again.
    I agree with you fully for the first one... but Piper's promos entertain the hell out of me, unfortunatly I can't remember his prime in ring so I can't comment on it.

Dark Match Regular

Status
    Oregon, Home of some of the Greatest wrestlers of all time.
    Speaking of taking heat for bringing someone up.... *braces himself* Ric Flair...*dodges thrown debries* Hear me out...

I am talking about now. He still has the charisma to work the mic, well other than the fact that it looks like his heart is going to give out any minute when he gets too worked up. But, everytime he is in a match, it is the same match! Am I the only one who notices this?

Shoves, punches, slap contest. Flair gets scoop slamed....Flair gets back body tossed...Flair gets thrown from the top rope...He begs off and jabs the eyes... Slaps on the F4, which gets reversed...Then he loses...

I mean I love the guy, but if he can't do anything other than a few choice bumps. Let the man retire, or stay out of the ring.
    "The Fire Still Burns!!!"
    youtube.com/watch?v=4WXTI20W-ms

Hey! Remember this guy?

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyte
    Speaking of taking heat for bringing someone up.... *braces himself* Ric Flair...*dodges thrown debries* Hear me out...

I am talking about now. He still has the charisma to work the mic, well other than the fact that it looks like his heart is going to give out any minute when he gets too worked up. But, everytime he is in a match, it is the same match! Am I the only one who notices this?

Shoves, punches, slap contest. Flair gets scoop slamed....Flair gets back body tossed...Flair gets thrown from the top rope...He begs off and jabs the eyes... Slaps on the F4, which gets reversed...Then he loses...
    *helps Kynte to dodge debris*

I agree whole heartedly, he needs to become a mouthpiece solely now. Because it no longer seems special for someone to beat Ric Flair.

For an odd choice, I've always thought Billy Kidman was overrated, sure he may not be utilised right at times, but Baiscally he's a cruiserweight who works a heavyweight style and the only high-flying move he does (the SSP) he can't do properly. I'm not just talking about the Chavo incident there, but in general, he can't execute the move how it's supposed to be done.
    I wish my sex life was like ECW, first you get a One Night Stand followed by 2 months of nostalgic orgasms and then 6 months of constant sucking.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    haha...i started to make a post about Kidman being overrated last night, but then I couldnt come up with the words to explain why and I didnt post it

I also thought Dean Malenko was boring as shit, even in WCW

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D
    haha...i started to make a post about Kidman being overrated last night, but then I couldnt come up with the words to explain why and I didnt post it

I also thought Dean Malenko was boring as shit, even in WCW
    I enjoyed Dean he's a great technical wrestler he even pulled out a great match out of Scotty 2 Hotty at Backlash 2000

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    Actually, I remember enjoying that match with Scotty. I believe the finish was a sick DDT off the top rope

Besides that, I dont remember ever enjoying a Malenko match

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England
    They was a 2/3 falls match he had with Eddie in ECW cant remember who won but that match was awesome also had some good matches with Benoit

The King of "Old School"

Status
    The Eddy/Melenko match was a draw.

Thread Information