Thread: Open Water

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Open Water

So I finished work at 4PM today and thought hell I haven;t been to the cinema for four days so I thought I'd take the missus to see Open Water, the so called 'Blair Witch in Water'.

I hated Blair Witch, and after walking out I thought this film was a huge letdown too.

_--------Spoilers Within----------------------

My major gripe was that this film was supposed to scare me..............it didn;t, there was no real fear in the film just people swimming in the sea and getting upset. Then you'd see them squirm and apparently a shark was kicking about somewhere and then it went away again. It did that like three times before anyone got chewed on.

ALso you beg the question how the hell did the boat crew not notice that two of their massive air tanks were missing??? OK so there may have been a problem with the count on the boat, but hey theres two big cylinders from your rack, where the hell do you think they are?

The camera quality was pretty poor, but I expected that since the film was made by like four guys, which I respect and commend them for because it was well put togther.

====Big spoiler-----------------

I could have lived with the film if there had been some kind of payoff. While the guy gets his leg munched on and then all of a sudden in the morning he's dead, theres no emotion from the characters shes just there bobbing around in the sea. Then she fucking feeds him to the sharks...what a bitch!

Then after all that and staying alive for 24 hours she decides she can't be assed and and fucking drowns herself, ehy honey why the hell didn;t you do that 12 hours ago and save me some precious time.

OVerall I would give this a 3/10 purely because the female character gets her quite nice tits out for the camera.

Bod Mod God

Status
    I wanted to go see this flick and was planning on doing so this week. Unfortunately, it's apparently already out of theatres here.
    "I hate every bone in your body but mine.
    I can't wait 'til I can hate you tonight."

~Poison

World Champion

Status
    Don't see this movie!!!

Get yourself a blue plastic kiddy pool and ram your nuts into the overwhelmingly hard plastic nob on the bottom until you start bleeding and get bored!

Birdman Junior
    Damn what a waste of a movie...

Formerly Randy Orton

Status
    This movie absolutely sucked.

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    Wow, I'm like the only one here that likes the movie.

If you go in expecting a shark movie, you'll be disappointed. This is about two people just trying to survive out in the middle of the ocean. The sharks are just minor antagonists.

There were times when I felt like I was watching a home movie (the opening scene), but once they got on the ocean it felt like I was watching a normal flick.

It truly is scary and uses the fear of the unknown instead of showing you exactly what is swimming with the two characters all of the time. After all, it's the fear of not knowing if there's sharks under them that is truly scary.
    When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fullfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and be taken as prisoners to all nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    ...At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
    Luke 21:20-28

Heel Champion

Status
    I agree with everyone who isn't the Dude, this movie blew chunks. I saw it with an intellectually impaired boy for work (so I got my ticket for free, and was actually paid to watch) and even he thought it lacked any redeeming intellectual or pleasurable qualities (in those words).

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    I feel so alone in loving this movie on this board.

Please someone say you like it....even if you really don't.
    When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fullfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and be taken as prisoners to all nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    ...At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

Formerly Randy Orton

Status
    the only people i heard of that liked it were girls.

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    You tryin to say somethin yo

Formerly Randy Orton

Status
    ha, yea and i said it.

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    you best watch it rambo, fer real

Formerly Randy Orton

Status
    aiiiiiiiight

Basic B*tches

Status
    I'll be blunt. This has got to be the worst movie I've seen since Killjoy 2. Killjoy 2 might have been better than this crap...lol

- W * G * M -

Thread Information