Thread: Secret Window

Arcade Whore

Status

Secret Window

Just watched it tonight on video. It's another good movie with a surprise ending. Based on a Stephen King book, they tell me. Anyone hear watch it? If so, what did you think of it?

Why don't you dance?

Status
    I'm a HUGE Johnny Depp fan, but this is one of the worst movies I've watched all year. There's so many holes in the plot it's not even funny, and you could really tell it was based on a short story, the movie was so thin. Everything was dragged out way too long just to make it long enough to release as a full-length motion picture.

Arcade Whore

Status
    I agree. Worst movie ever!

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    I thought it was decent myself. Not great, but watchable.
    When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fullfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and be taken as prisoners to all nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    ...At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
    Luke 21:20-28

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    I thought this film was great right until you realise where there going with the ending and the ending makes it complelty pointless. Depp plays the part well but after you realise that the ending is bullshit I thought I'd wasted an hour of my life.

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK
    I really liked it, but then I'm a mark for Stephen King. Just be thankful they didn't give it an ending like in Dreamcatcher, and have Shooter turn into a frikkin monster.

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldmouse
    I really liked it, but then I'm a mark for Stephen King. Just be thankful they didn't give it an ending like in Dreamcatcher, and have Shooter turn into a frikkin monster.
    Yeah, that was the only thing that killed DC for me. The original ending was perfect and held the spirit of the novel. The theatrical ending, however, was just bad. :?
    When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fullfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and be taken as prisoners to all nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    ...At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
    Luke 21:20-28

Psycho Diva

Status
    Twisted film, but overall good for a rental.
    Support Your Local Indy Wrestling - BITCH!!

www.owie.ca
    www.ontarioindywrestling.com

Birdman Junior
    Yeah a film with one twist, I pass..

World Champion

Status
    I actually thought this movie was really good. What plot holes?

Johnny Depp was funny as hell throughout the film and really sold the part well. With the story being what it was with his wife and everything it made the story very human and the ending worthwhile.

I thought it was a good film. I love Hitch**** and this is the closest I've seen to a Hitch**** without actually being directed by him.

I also noticed Depp had a Tom Robbins novel on the bookshelf. According to the DVD director commentary that was his choice. Good call.

Why don't you dance?

Status
    I'll have to get back to you when I watch this movie again (never ever, ever). I've forgotten too much now to defend my stance.

:violent:

Heel Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Miakal
    I also noticed Depp had a Tom Robbins novel on the bookshelf. According to the DVD director commentary that was his choice. Good call.
    Which one?

World Champion

Status
    Villa Incognito.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    I liked the movie. I guessed it was Depp's character 20 minutes into it but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Rubbernecker.

World Champion

Status
    Yeah, Depp and some of the lines in this movie were great.

I Type With Purpose

Status
    i really like that character thats also on Mr. Deeds and The Big Lebowskie, man that guy cracks me up

Formerly Randy Orton

Status
    I got it on DVD but yet to watch it.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    Johnny Depp was phenomenal as usual, and John Turturro ws creepy, but the "plot holes" that were previously mentioned led me to figure out the surprise ending, which kinda ruined it for me. I've seen better, I've seen worse. The acting was top-notch, but the plot was a little below average

Thread Information