Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie of all time?

Arcade Whore

Status

Favorite movie of all time?

Mine is Shawshank Redemption. I could watch this over and over again because it's a classic. What's yours?

World Champion

Status

Re: Favorite movie of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouchie
    Mine is Shawshank Redemption. I could watch this over and over again because it's a classic. What's yours?
    Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I watch that movie almost every time it's on cable (which is like every day) and it's great.

Great.

The Christmas Story is pretty special in my heart as well.

Why don't you dance?

Status
    Shawshank Redemption is definitely one of those movies that, if it's on TV and I happen to catch glimpse of it, I absolutely cannot change the channel.

My favourite movie is Donnie Brasco.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    Shawshank is my second favorite

My favorite is Usual Suspects

Pulp Fiction is 3rd

Bod Mod God

Status
    The Crow.

:evilguy:
    "I hate every bone in your body but mine.
    I can't wait 'til I can hate you tonight."

~Poison

Psycho Diva

Status
    It's a tie between Terminator 2 and Heathers for me.
    Support Your Local Indy Wrestling - BITCH!!

www.owie.ca
    www.ontarioindywrestling.com

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    Its far from easy to pigeonhole you if I'm right in assuming that Heathers is that film where the lass is trying to get into the in crowd and all that. Quite the contrast.

I agree that Shawshank is by and large one of the greatest films ever made however its not my favourite.

1.) Platoon
    Theres just so much to like about this film, the final scenes with the VC attack is just amazing.
    2.) Monster - only a new film but I've not seen such a powerful film for a long long time, deserved more at the Oscars. Espeicially seeing as I thought Return of the King was the worst of the three LOTR films.
    3.) Apocalypse Now - My favourite for a long long time, before I got my collectors edition Platoon last year. The extended edition is just great and never before I have seen such presence as I saw with Brando when hes talking to Sheen in his cell. Great film. Bit long though

Yo, Adrian! I DID IT!

Status
    Damn, I have too many.

Godfather
    JAWS
    American Beauty
    The Elm Street Series
    Friday the 13th series
    Apocalypse Now
    Star Wars Saga
    Pulp Fiction

I can't just pick one. :?
    When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fullfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and be taken as prisoners to all nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    ...At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
    Luke 21:20-28

Status
    The Usual Suspects usually sits at the top of my list too.. I still get the hairs standing on the back of my neck when the penny drops for Agent Kujan while is is looking at the boards. Outstanding movie.

Second close favourite has to be The Wicker Man. Probably the best british movie ever made.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States
    I agree that there are too many to choose from.

But If I HAVE to pick one, I will also go with Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction was amazing the way they cut to all the different scenes.

The one that says Bad Mutha Fucka !!!

Why don't you dance?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by skinartia
    The Crow.

Man, I used to be obsessed with that movie, I thought it was the greatest piece of art I'd ever seen, and Brandon Lee was my idol. I watched it three or four months ago again, and noticed it really kind of sucks. It's "cool," as far as the premise goes, and some of the visuals... but like they acting isn't good, and the script is just pitiful, really. I wonder what I was thinking.

Status
    Another film which can't be underrated is the first Matrix film, pure class in every sense of film making.

I've never seen the Crow.

Bod Mod God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by skinartia
    The Crow.

Man, I used to be obsessed with that movie, I thought it was the greatest piece of art I'd ever seen, and Brandon Lee was my idol. I watched it three or four months ago again, and noticed it really kind of sucks. It's "cool," as far as the premise goes, and some of the visuals... but like they acting isn't good, and the script is just pitiful, really. I wonder what I was thinking.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I happen to be a fan of the graphic novel and I enjoy the movie.

~Poison

Why don't you dance?

Status
    Oh I LOVE the graphic novel, don't get me wrong, I just wish they'd written a better screenplay. I feel bad for the actors in the movie because a good half of all the lines are just really terribly written. Maybe that's why they keep trying to re-do the movie, finally with a good script.

Bod Mod God

Status
    I doubt I'll support a remake. I really loved how it was originally done. My 2nd tattoo is a scene taken from The Crow.

~Poison

Status
    I think Citizen Kane is the most awe inspiring movie in terms of a piece of artwork, but I can't call it my favorite because it's not as entertaining as some other films.

I can't really pick one because there are just too many great movies from every genre, but Shawshank Redemption would definately be near the top. It's a shame that it came out the same year as Forest Gump and Pulp Fiction and was totally overshadowed by the two.

World Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DMW
    I think Citizen Kane is the most awe inspiring movie in terms of a piece of artwork, but I can't call it my favorite because it's not as entertaining as some other films.

I can't really pick one because there are just too many great movies from every genre, but Shawshank Redemption would definately be near the top. It's a shame that it came out the same year as Forest Gump and Pulp Fiction and was totally overshadowed by the two.
    I loved Citizen Kane but found it boring at certain parts. Do you agree with that? It seems like in older movies they let things run on a little too long. Scenes could be endless and for no reason either.

Status
    I couldn't bring myself to use the word boring and Citizen Kane in the same sentance, but it is true. It's still an incredible film, but once or twice I found myself a little bored with a scene that I didn't think was necessary.

Formerly "Tom Dogg"

Status
    I thought that the acting in the Crow was pretty bad, but I liked the story and the cinematography

Since there arent any comedies mentioned yet, I'll throw a few of my favorites out there:

Animal House
    Old School
    Major League
    The Big Lebowski
    Friday
    Half-Baked

Psycho Diva

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by genius_penis
    Its far from easy to pigeonhole you if I'm right in assuming that Heathers is that film where the lass is trying to get into the in crowd and all that. Quite the contrast.
    She and Christian Slater kill off almost everyone in the in crowd and make it look like their victims comitted suicide. Pretty funny stuff when you watch it.
    Support Your Local Indy Wrestling - BITCH!!

www.owie.ca
    www.ontarioindywrestling.com

Thread Information