Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - August 8, 2022

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - August 8, 2022

WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW PREVIEW
    AUGUST 8, 2022

BOBBY LASHLEY TO DEFEND UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST THE UNPREDICTABLE CIAMPA
    After a series of grueling matches on Raw, Ciampa will have the chance to earn gold when he takes on Bobby Lashley for the United States Championship. Ciampa had to first go through Dolph Ziggler and Chad Gable in a Triple Threat Match before toppling AJ Styles in a hard-fought matchup.

Ciampa’s match against The Phenomenal One wasn’t without controversy, however, as his mentor The Miz got involved, allowing Ciampa to capitalize and earn the victory.

After Lashley dismantled Theory at SummerSlam, The All Mighty is ready to take on all challengers as a fighting champion. Will Lashley leave Raw still champion, or will the unpredictable Ciampa, with the wily Miz in his corner, upset The All Mighty? Find out next week on Raw at 8/7 C on USA!

I am fluent in Sarcasm

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - August 8, 2022

Cleveland Po-Po as well

Heel Champion

Status

Raw was shockingly really, really good
    Vote on WC's Top 15 AEW Acts of 2021 Here:
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=177261

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

Good show for the 2nd week in a row. Miz/AJ and Lashley/Ciampa were pretty good

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Shame to see HHH is killing off the Ezekial character. Yes it was dumb, but it was fun. And considering most wrestling characters thesedays are just some variation of "I like to wrassle" it was nice to have a fun character again.

Was a good show though.

You just lost the game.

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Shame to see HHH is killing off the Ezekial character. Yes it was dumb, but it was fun. And considering most wrestling characters thesedays are just some variation of "I like to wrassle" it was nice to have a fun character again.

Was a good show though.
    I think now is the perfect time to write off that character tbh. I don’t know what more you could do with the “Elias is my brother” joke, KO was the reason the joke lasted as long as it did and if he’s moving on then you might as well just put a end to it while putting Kevin Owens over massively.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

Yeah it's good to end the Ezekiel arc before it grows stale

A lone Wolf

Status

Rumor is though...that this isnt the end of this story for KO, at leqst no completely.

Reports are that Maximum Male Models are expected to kick Max Dupri out of the group, where he will revert to his former NXR character, LA Knight. Its then said that plans are for LA Knight to be drafted to Raw and to feud with Kevin Owens in a vety somilar manner to KOs feud with Ezekial.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Raw was pretty good again last night, fun way to reintroduce Dexter Lumis with all the little seeds planted backstage through the night with the car stuff and then he pops up at the end while being dragged away.

Lashley vs Ciampa, Miz vs Styles, and Rollins vs Dawkins we’re all pretty great matches imo. I enjoyed the stuff with KO too.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Really fun show that flew by. Bayley's group and the focus on women was great. A lot of them teams have been thrown together for the tournament but I guess they have to start somewhere.

Very excited for the 6-woman tag at Clash at the Castle. Can't wait to see them live.

Rollins vs. Dawkins, Styles vs. Miz, Lashley vs. Ciampa, Balor vs. Rey and Gable vs. Ziggler were all decent to good and given time - the biggest change without doubt so far. Not fussed about Dexter Lumis as didn't see much in him but they need depth so it isn't terrible.

No Theory again...

Also, the return of KO and his apron powerbomb
    WWE: The New Vision| Former BTB Overlord | Order's Interviews

BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    SIX BTBOTM AWARDS

Status

Raw did a lot of things right this week, which makes it easier to overlook the still sterile and exhausting production. While it's still not a fun show to look at, the wrestling was at least pretty solid this week. Rollins and Dawkins had a great opener, Ciampa and Lashley put in work, and Miz and AJ had a fun main event. One good match an hour ain't a bad clip for Raw, and the other ones were mostly fine. I also really like the decision to put the Ezekiel character to bed, presumably. It's been a fun storyline but it really does have a limited shelf life and eventually a guy who's gimmick is just "not that other guy" isn't gonna work.

I was all aboard Hunter's bring-back-talent-jamboree when it meant getting Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky back but I'm less enthused by the returns of Kross and Lumis. The women's tag tournament is also hilariously thrown together but we all figured it would be. Sky Kai should be the obvious front-runners and if Hunter wants to make anything respectable of the division he'll need to keep some of those teams together going forward.

Anyway, not too bad on the whole.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Raw did a lot of things right this week, which makes it easier to overlook the still sterile and exhausting production. While it's still not a fun show to look at, the wrestling was at least pretty solid this week.
    You should aim to work on some new material, because this “it looks sterile” stuff is past its due date by about 5 years. Not to mention, if Werner fucking Herzog likes the production, I think I’ll defer to him over you.

I know this may be shocking, but some people actually prefer their shows to look vibrant and colourful, not like they’re shot with the lens cap half on inside a poorly lit rave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

​​​

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

I don't think there's a need to defer to anyone, you can just feel however you want about how the production looks to you. Personally, I'm not super into the really polished look. I don't really like the look of anything that reads as mass produced and possibly a little "sterile", and that applies to media as well as things like cars and houses. Now, I wouldn't go so far as to call it horrendous, or even really that off-putting to me personally. If it were to be tweaked some though, I would see that as a bonus.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I don't think there's a need to defer to anyone, you can just feel however you want about how the production looks to you. Personally, I'm not super into the really polished look. I don't really like the look of anything that reads as mass produced and possibly a little "sterile", and that applies to media as well as things like cars and houses. Now, I wouldn't go so far as to call it horrendous, or even really that off-putting to me personally. If it were to be tweaked some though, I would see that as a bonus.
    Nah, but I love bringing that Herzog thing up any chance I get, because I've always been fascinated by a great director raving about the WWE like that. I mean, his interviews on the subject are quite compelling and you can tell he's really into it. I just never really pictured the guy who directed Fitzcarraldo being a big fan of men rolling around in their underwear, but what the hell do I know?

Anyhow, nothing is perfect, of course, but I think griping about the production (especially the dreaded camera cuts of doom that I barely even notice) comes across as mining old material when the show's positives are far outweighing the negatives at the moment. I just don't think WWE is going to be changing their style up any time soon, if ever, as it's clearly working for what they're trying to sell.

Also, to be fair here, I prefer Impact's relatively stripped down production to both WWE's and AEW's, but for sheer blow your mind turn your brain off Indica entertainment, it's WWE all the way for me.

​​​

Spoiler:

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

I think the camera cuts are one of those "once you see it, you can't unsee it" things for some people. Every now and then I'll start thinking about it and then I have to try to distract myself and forget about it, otherwise it is very unpleasant.

Also I was seriously about to tell you to leave the fine folks at Impact Wrestling out of this regarding your "shot with the lens cap half on inside a poorly lit rave" comment

Status

I think the camera cuts are one of those "once you see it, you can't unsee it" things for some people. Every now and then I'll start thinking about it and then I have to try to distract myself and forget about it, otherwise it is very unpleasant.

Also I was seriously about to tell you to leave the fine folks at Impact Wrestling out of this regarding your "shot with the lens cap half on inside a poorly lit rave" comment
    It's easier at times than others. The brawls are certainly the worst, particularly when you end up in situations where there are three fights going at once and KD needs to make sure you see every single punch thrown by all parties even if it means cutting so fast it makes my eyes vibrate.

Go figure I make probably my most positive post about an episode of Raw in three or four years and some parties are gonna fixate on the throwaway negatives.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

The difference is that Impact doesn't spend a lot of money to look like it's being shot at a poorly lit rave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    Go figure I make probably my most positive post about an episode of Raw in three or four years and some parties are gonna fixate on the throwaway negatives.

Would you expect anything less from the "worst poster here"?
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-09-2022 at 04:19 PM.

​​​

Spoiler:

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You should aim to work on some new material, because this “it looks sterile” stuff is past its due date by about 5 years. Not to mention, if Werner fucking Herzog likes the production, I think I’ll defer to him over you.

I know this may be shocking, but some people actually prefer their shows to look vibrant and colourful, not like they’re shot with the lens cap half on inside a poorly lit rave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think you're meant to defer to someone when they post something. Thats just them posting their opinion. Its allowed to be an opinion you disagree with.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Raw has been really good. Good wrestling.

Feel like they need to ease off the returns. That's a lot in a short space of time, which I feel like could hurt the impact of them if they just keep churning them out. I get HHH wants to put his print on the show, but I think that he needs to let it breathe a bit. Plus I was never a fan of Kross or Dexter, but hopefully they'll be used well on the main roster.

The Bayley stable is such a winner already. Brought a whole bunch of life to the women's division.

WWE feels like it's getting hot at just the right time for me.

Thread Information