Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Worst Mens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion - The Ray Leppan Award

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

2021 Worst Mens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion - The Ray Leppan Award

The Ray Leppan Memorial award, back in 2014 when we thought it couldn't possibly get worst than Adam Rose We were wrong.

Previous Winners:

2006 - The Great Khali
    2007 - Adam 'Pacman' Jones
    2008 - Snitsky
    2009 - Cody Deaner
    2010 - Eli Cottonwood
    2011 - Mr Anderson
    2012 - Garrett Bischoff
    2013 - Leo Kruger
    2014 - Adam Rose
    2015 - Braun Strowman
    2016 - Titus O'Neill
    2017 - Jinder Mahal
    2018 - Shane McMahon
    2019 - Shane McMahon
    2020 - The Fiend/Bray Wyatt
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Underdog

Status

Re: 2021 Worst Mens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion - The Ray Leppan Award

The Fiend seems like an obvious pick for this and it will take a Herculean effort to surpass him.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: 2021 Worst Mens Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion - The Ray Leppan Award

Is he the worst wrestler though or do people just dislike the booking/gimmick? Just not wanting every ‘worst award’ coming back to The Fiend and essentially this awards becoming Fiend centric.

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

I personally think Fiend/Wyatt is a great wrestler. Iffy gimmick but that's whatever. I didn't think of his matches so far have been per say bad tbh
    burger

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

I can honestly say that there are no more than 5 Bray Wyatt singles matches in his entire career that I would venture to rewatch and over half of them have Daniel Bryan in the opposite corner. Whether it's the gimmick/his theatrics or simply the lack of any discernible strengths in-ring, I truly think he is a really bad wrestler bell to bell. Only thing I could say to his credit in regards to his ring work is he has a pretty solid uranage in his arsenal.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

One thing that works in bray’s favour of avoiding this award is that he doesn’t wrestle that often; he only has 5 minutes of bell time to his name in 2021. If he continues to be protected, maybe the below average wrestlers who are wrestling more regularly will stand out (Dexter Lumis, LA Knight, Elias, Corbin, Braun, EVIL etc)
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

In a bray-less world, Chris Jericho may get this for me. He’s been consistently the part of AEW I haven’t enjoyed
    and some of his performances have been really poor.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I’d put Matt Hardy in this discussion as well, though I don’t think he’s featured quite as prominently as Jericho. Either way, they’re both at the top of this list. Not for lack of trying, but I genuinely can’t think of a WWE or Impact guy that’s been as bad as these two.

”The New and Improved AstraPfizer Bunny”

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

WAKE UP

Status

What is the worst Matt Hardy match this year?

Jericho I can get, but Matt seems more "not setting the world on fire" than bad.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    What is the worst Matt Hardy match this year?

Jericho I can get, but Matt seems more "not setting the world on fire" than bad.
    The match with Orange Cassidy was awful, not to mention Hardy getting his nose broken during it. He’s also been a part of some absolutely terrible promo stuff, like shaving the plant’s head. Basically, every time he’s on television, it’s time to change the channel. At this point, he’s somehow become a parody of the parody of himself that he was a few years ago.

Again, though, he’s not featured as prominently as Jericho, so he’d at least only be the second worst guy in the company.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Squash Fodder

Status

Goldberg

Royal Rumble was just meh bad. Summerslam was an absolute embarassment. I guess Crown Jewel was okay if we are being generous.

Sure he's part time, but being in high profile matches each time I think makes that irrelevant.

WAKE UP

Status

I thought the first OC match with the bloody nose was actually pretty decent, the recent lumberjack match less so but that was a total goofball match. Matt is pretty broken down but if he's the worst out there then the standard of pro wrestlers in 2021 must be pretty high. There are plenty of chodes on the WWE roster but who may admittedly less featured but still obviously worse as wrestlers - Mace, Veer, Shanky, Corbin, Moss, Boogs, Lumis, Knight, etc. I'd still say the 4 months or Bray Wyatt was the worst thing this year, though.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

World Champion

Status

I loved OC vs. Matt

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RDT View Post
    Goldberg

Royal Rumble was just meh bad. Summerslam was an absolute embarassment. I guess Crown Jewel was okay if we are being generous.

Sure he's part time, but being in high profile matches each time I think makes that irrelevant.
    I enjoyed the CJ match enough to forgive the debacle at SS, and the Drew match was too short to be offensive. Still, I suppose he’s a shout from WWE, depending on how much mileage you get out of his entrance.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I loved OC vs. Matt
    Yeah that first match of theirs was unexpectedly a lot of fun, some good heat there.

Jungle Life

Status

Dr. Luthor who is the walking embodiment of Botchamania
    Spoiler:

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Luther’s terrible and only had value once fans started meme’ing him, but has the guy even had a TV match this year to be bothered by him?

Jungle Life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Luther’s terrible and only had value once fans started meme’ing him, but has the guy even had a TV match this year to be bothered by him?
    Does on dark and elevation.
    Spoiler: