Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 07/04/2021

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 07/04/2021

Bear Country (Bear Boulder & Bear Bronson) vs. The Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) (w/Marko Stunt)

The Bunny vs. Tay Conti

Adam Page vs. Max Caster (w/Anthony Bowens)

The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) & Jon Moxley vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) & Kenny Omega (w/Don Callis)

AEW TNT Title Match: Darby Allin (c) vs. JD Drake

Also: The Inner Circle returns tonight! Mike Tyson returns to TNT!

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 07/04/2021

Mike Tyson on AEW is just not what Im looking for. Not sure if im watching this live today!

p r o p e r b a s t a r d

Status

I’m interested to see what they’re going to do with Tyson. Last time we saw him he was seemingly setting up something with Jericho, but now that Inner Circle and Pinnacle are feuding together, leaves Tyson doing...?

Everything else, seems like standard Dynamite, and still seems like something I’d watch over current NXT, even with “Takeover” being on tonight.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I feel like the things I'm supposed to care less about are the things I care more about. I've loved Bear Country so far, and am excited to see them vs Jurassic Express, hella excited for Max Caster vs Adam Page, and love Tay Conti so I'm in for that no matter the opponent.

Conversely, I just want the Omega/Good Brothers/Young Bucks stuff to be over. Darby Allin vs JD Drake isn't something I'm interested in because I'm not sure why I should care and don't care about the Inner Circle or Mike Tyson

Gonna watch the whole thing either way though

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Some people might look at the Tyson thing on face value and say it's a response to going up against a Takeover tonight, but NXT are done on Wednesdays after tonight. Tyson's being brought in to arrest the ratings slump AEW suffered in March which worries me they're hitting the panic button so to speak on a celeb I have no interest in seeing. Part of me would love it to be some angle with Cody though just so I can have my weekly dig at Cody's booking

I'm actually looking forward to Darby Vs JD Drake, but I'm a fan of both guys going into it. I can see why it might not appeal to people who don't know who or how good Drake is.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

woof, that was a rough Dynamite, nothing really felt important or meaningful and i'm getting to the point that personally, the Good Brothers/Young Bucks/Omega stuff is turn off the program bad.

Still have high hopes for Bear Country overall, but they clearly need some seasoning.

Wasn't terribly impressed by JD Drake, but they sure did try to shine him.

Page vs Caster was just fine, i just didn't care really, and it felt kinda useless to make Caster and Bowens look stupid by cheating and losing.

none of the factions really did anything cool imo, "The Factory" is the only name worse than "Matt Hardy's Family Office" Dark Order still seems mostly directionless but at least Tay Conti rules.

Is Team Taz breaking up already or what? Cage going solo seems terrible if only because I think he sucks at promos and has really benefited from having Taz as a mouthpiece

Anyway, kinda felt that it was a dud of a Dynamite, kinda wish I had watched NXT instead, though at least I'm not nauseous from camera cuts.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Felt like a nothing episode to me too. I just can't find myself too interested in the Omega/Bucks/Good Brothers/Callis stuff, it's at this point in time just weird and all over the place.

Jericho blabbed on too long, but hey at least we'll finally get to see the blood and guts stuff. Also I agree with what Suntan said earlier, I'm finding myself caring more about the things I shouldn't, than the actual stuff I should be caring and invested about.

Caster/Hangman was a fun little opener. I'm loving Caster and this is just another absolute no-name guy they've brought on and made it feel like he's a normal part of the roster. I love the Acclaimed's music and their act, I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I haven't ever been bored with them yet.

Jade Cargill for some reason is someone I really enjoy, just such a great look and I see so much potential. Tay Conti's growth and development has been great to see. Ogogo's debut next week is one of the things I'm really looking forward to as well because I think he may have a lot of potential.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Glad they aren’t dragging out the Inner Circle/Pineapple match. Spend this month building it up and then finally delivering a blood and guts match in May.

excited to read Steve’s thoughts on luchasaurus later on.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Glad they aren’t dragging out the Inner Circle/Pineapple match. Spend this month building it up and then finally delivering a blood and guts match in May.

excited to read Steve’s thoughts on luchasaurus later on.
    Luchasaurus is basically more athletic Kevin Nash - everyone has to run into his kicks and moves for him.

I actually liked a lot of episode though I did skip some segments I don't care about.

Jericho promo was good and I like the idea of Tyson being the Inner Circle's second for Blood & Guts to counter Tully, assuming that's the direction they go. My only concern is this feud just being Jericho & friends vs MJF & friends, I want to see the rest of the guys in this get some moments and spotlight.

Darby vs Drake was darn good, especially for a B-level defence. I was never too impressed by Drake in EVOLVE, but he stepped up to the plate. I really liked how diverse his offence was while still being all quite basic and hurt-y.

Is Archer going to go back to babyface with Sting's words of encouragement? The guy might be AEW's Kane soon. Hopefully it just leads to him vs Darby.

Another Britt Baker promo and no sign of Thunder Rosa. Makes you wonder why they had Rosa go over.

Skimmed through the main event. The Matt Jackson - Kenny Omega friendship drama is the most lame and boring story in wrestling. Didn't care for it pre-AEW with their Elite wankfests, don't care for it now. Even dumber considering they had a high profile match against each other last year when they were still bros in storyline, but now Matt is hesitant to superkick Kenny? These guys are all far better away from each other rather than living out their masturbatory 'high art' wrestling fantasies. The worst thing about the Flair-Michaels retirement match was how it's lead to so many teary eyed 'I love you' crybaby wrestling programs after it. This guy turned his back on you, kick his fucking head in. Bucks joining the Bullet Club 2K21 is the most uninteresting angle they could have gone with.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

So was a real nothing program.

I liked the darby vs jd match. Was fun. Also love max casters rapping gimmick.

The bullet club reunion is asinine. Just a boring angle at the moment. I don't care about the bullet club!

Also i might add darby allen to the favourite wrestlers section of my profile. Probably will.

Fight The Power

Status

Dynamite has been getting harder and harder to watch for me these last few weeks apart from the Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa match a few weeks back

Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

Agreed that this was a pretty meh episode of Dynamite. Definitely felt like a punt due to TakeOver (yeah, sure Mike Tyson...ok).

Things I liked would be the continued push of Tay Conti and the hints in the opener that could be setting the stage for Hangman to go after the World Title. Though I'm not sure the timing is right just yet since ideally he's the one to take the belt off Omega. Glad we're finally getting Blood and Guts even if it feels a bit rushed but I suppose there's still a month of build for it to go. I hope we get a FTR vs. Santana & Ortiz match before then.

The rest was pretty uneventful overall...in response to the Lance Archer going face/heel...I don't think he really ever technically turned heel since being face. Yeah he kept interrupting Sting but it's not like he attacked Sting or Darby from behind or something, he just was doing what he did tonight without Sting giving us a reaction.

The only thing I outright hated was the Main Event. The Bucks continuing to play conflicted friends is just awful. The only thing I can hope for at this point is they just go full heel and get it over with. The wishy washy shit has to go.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Yeah, a lot of misses for me tonight. I couldn't care less about Mike Tyson coming out to "save" Jericho, and it was just so forced. Jericho's not a bad guy now, so Tyson is okay with him now, see! It's just awful, and I have no desire to see Mike Tyson on any wrestling show. That Jericho promo was also nowhere near as good as he thinks it was. Sure, the content was good, but no pacing whatsoever. He was talking like he was on cocaine, and not in the fun Hulk Hogan way of the 80s. Just bam-bam-bam moving way too fast.

And yeah, I think everyone else has already covered the circle jerk of The Elite. It makes no sense at all, but you just know hardcore AEW stans will defend it as the high art storytelling King Steveton put well. The Young Bucks wrestling the whole match pretty much fine until big bad Moxley was going to REALLY hurt Kenny. Only we can beat up our former best friend, but not anything too severe! Just a light spanking only, anything else is too much! Oh, your going to repeatedly Paradigm Shift and choke him out?? Well then we have to Superkick you! Yay were friends with Kenny again!

It's so fucking bad.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Fight The Power

Status

The Bucks siding with Kenny worries me because it tells me that AEW is just making this shit up as they go along because I can't imagine this was their long term plan when they started the Kenny/Bucks conflict weeks back

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I watched NXT so I missed this last night and everyone panning the show doesn't give me much motivation to watch it either. I can pretty much tell what happened though.

Everyone hates on the Bucks for being just spots but that's what they are best at. Anything else is usually a bad imitation of an artistic play. I was done with The Elite in 2018 and its three years later and its only more dull and less hot. The booking of the Bucks has been awful and I'm pretty sure they are in control of themselves. They ruined a dream feud by going heel against a heel team, then the went back face against Inner Circle as sympathetic faces, and then they switched course into this "will they turn, won't they" before finally doing it. Ugh.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

I’ll echo the sentiments of others in saying this wasn’t as exciting as previous Dynamites. Lately, Dynamite hasn’t felt as fun or exciting, with the exception of Britt vs Rosa and beat down of The Pinnacle by Inner Circle.

That said I did like Hangman vs Max Caster, and Jericho’s promo was kind of fun.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Skimmed through the main event. The Matt Jackson - Kenny Omega friendship drama is the most lame and boring story in wrestling. Didn't care for it pre-AEW with their Elite wankfests, don't care for it now. Even dumber considering they had a high profile match against each other last year when they were still bros in storyline, but now Matt is hesitant to superkick Kenny? These guys are all far better away from each other rather than living out their masturbatory 'high art' wrestling fantasies. The worst thing about the Flair-Michaels retirement match was how it's lead to so many teary eyed 'I love you' crybaby wrestling programs after it. This guy turned his back on you, kick his fucking head in. Bucks joining the Bullet Club 2K21 is the most uninteresting angle they could have gone with.
    This doesn't make sense as a complaint. It's one thing to fight each other in a friendly, competitive tag title match where you're trying to best each other, it's another thing where a fight might be the last straw to break a friendship between you guys.

I did read an interesting perspective on the story about how it has always been the Bucks choosing Omega throughout the years. However, Omega secretly might hate the Bucks because he chose them over Ibushi. If this is somehow the story they're trying to tell, it's very difficult. Sure these guys have very storied careers outside of AEW, but not everybody is going to put 2 +2 together like that, it's just really difficult to convey to an audience unless you start integrating it into promos and other things.

Still not a fan of it at the moment.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

There were aspects I was enjoying about obnoxious belt-collecting heel champ Omega, but they’re quickly losing me. Don Callis has been great, the storyline is unfortunately getting messier and losing sense as it goes on though.

So Tyson had beef with Jericho for no reason. Now he’s cool with Jericho for no reason. Great.

Also, weren’t the Inner Circle gone for like 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    There were aspects I was enjoying about obnoxious belt-collecting heel champ Omega, but they’re quickly losing me. Don Callis has been great, the storyline is unfortunately getting messier and losing sense as it goes on though.

So Tyson had beef with Jericho for no reason. Now he’s cool with Jericho for no reason. Great.

Also, weren’t the Inner Circle gone for like 2 weeks?
    I agree, when the Omega storyline first started in felt like the industry had this massive game changer but neither AEW or Impact are pulling the trigger and it just feels quite drawn out at this point.

I can enjoy Dynamite but I would be lying if I said the matches didn’t often feel predictable, a lot of the time it’s the storylines that you watch because the matches are pretty solid. When it’s put up against an NXT Takeover though you have something where the matches feel uncertain and the action is solid just turns my attentions away from “Dynamite Superstar vs Dark Superstar”.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I think my biggest complaint about AEW anymore is that their characterization is just ALL OVER the place. It seems like many wrestlers are changing their disposition week to week. They clearly love the "there are no faces or heels" trope because so many of their characters are so inconsistent week to week. Obviously Cody is the biggest culprit of being wildly inconsistent, but the Young Bucks might be even worse at this point. It's not just them though. Lance Archer is incredibly inconsistent anymore, the Death Triangle are seemingly going right back to being heels now as well. There's probably more people too at this point. It's becoming frustrating trying to watch sometimes because it's just so inconsistent. It's 98 levels of WCW inconsistency.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information