Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 07/04/2021

Main Eventer

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 07/04/2021

^^^ That actually sounds a lot like Jim Cornettes opinion of AEW.

i hope their booking gets better. it seems lot of people are complaining about their creative lately
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

EVERYBODY DIES!

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    I think my biggest complaint about AEW anymore is that their characterization is just ALL OVER the place. It seems like many wrestlers are changing their disposition week to week. They clearly love the "there are no faces or heels" trope because so many of their characters are so inconsistent week to week. Obviously Cody is the biggest culprit of being wildly inconsistent, but the Young Bucks might be even worse at this point. It's not just them though. Lance Archer is incredibly inconsistent anymore, the Death Triangle are seemingly going right back to being heels now as well. There's probably more people too at this point. It's becoming frustrating trying to watch sometimes because it's just so inconsistent. It's 98 levels of WCW inconsistency.
    I don't really see how most of that is frustrating but I guess it obviously boils down to personal taste. The Bucks are annoying (in general), and some of Cody's switching has been poorly timed or executed, but in the case of Archer and Death Triangle, I have no problem with it. Both acts just seem like the types to handle their business above all else. They may be face or heel just depending on who they have an issue with at the given time, but they aren't really changing their characters or tendencies in doing so, you know? Same could be said for Eddie Kingston. He has a certain set of characteristics and it's just a matter of what the story is whether he'll be perceived as a good guy or bad guy. I like it tbh.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Death Triangle one makes sense to me just because of how they've seemingly been booking them. However the Archer one doesn't, Archer's motto is 'Everyone Dies', he doesn't give a fuck about faces or heels, he's probably one of the most legit tweeners in wrestling.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I think Eddie Kingston needs to teach a masterclass to these guys on how to have a character that can turn easily and it still feel natural and emotionally engaging.

With guys like Archer and Penta, whenever their alignment seemingly changes I’m just like “What did I miss?” But with Kingston he’s brought much more character depth in a shorter amount of time that he can just cut one promo and his motivations are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Glad to I decided to read spoilers now after reading the main event booking. No time for an angle they already did 2 months ago.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Enjoyed Darby/Drake. Fun little match.

Big Tone needs to take a break from forming a new heel stable for like a week or two. By my count that’s 4 new heel stables formed since Revolution 6 weeks ago. I think Inner Circle Vs Pinnacle starts to lose something if it’s one of four stable feuds taking place on the show.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Status

I don't think stable feuds lose steam if there are other stable feuds. They're feuding for different reasons. Singles feuds don't lose steam just because there are other singles feuds going on. I feel like just because WWE haven't normalised something over the last few decades, that people start viewing another way of booking as bad, but at the same time there's people complaining when AEW doesn't seem different enough.

I really like the high school-like environment they're building up. Everyone has their groups or their friends, their own stories, and ofc you have more of your lone-wolf type guys like Archer.

Status

I'm not familiar with this dude, but apparently he's the ace of DDT and going to be making a few appearances this month

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The Bucks-Omega stuff sucks. Bucks aren't deep enough characters for this to be pulled off well.

Konosuke Takeshita is awesome. Not entirely sure how he fits AEW but a match with Mox would be dope.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Takeshita is the one guy that I wanted AEW to use via the DDT friendly relationship. This will be a great spot for him to get some western exposure before the Saitama show in June. I don't expect him to have feud with anyone big, but put him in the ring with someone like Fenix and he'll look great. Fenix could easily fit into that Tetsuya Endo role so there won't be a stylistic mis-match.
    Last edited by MC 16; Yesterday at 09:28 AM.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I think Eddie Kingston needs to teach a masterclass to these guys on how to have a character that can turn easily and it still feel natural and emotionally engaging.

With guys like Archer and Penta, whenever their alignment seemingly changes I’m just like “What did I miss?” But with Kingston he’s brought much more character depth in a shorter amount of time that he can just cut one promo and his motivations are clear.
    Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head with Kingston. Done right - no set alignment as such, that is - it makes for the most interesting characters i.e Eddie Kingston. However it's rare that it's executed correctly (either through booking or through the person not being able to convincingly pull it off).

I get the Bucks are wishy washy with their characters at the moment but I think general pro wrestling knowledge dictates their bffs with Omega. I know that and I wouldn't have been huge followers of them in Japan, I thin it's fairly well established. I think it'd have been far better received if they just full on blew the head off Mox, no hesitation and none of this "will we won't we" crap mid-match and the "torn faces" they were portraying post match. Nice, swift aggressive heel turn to align with Kenny and Co and just a yeah, the boys are back together would've been much better imo.

Interested to see Ogogo fight next week.

Join FWA =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information