Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    They did take a lot of time to make her character interesting this time and more of a fun one than a generic wholesome type of good girl.

Still no Tifa
    Aerith has always been better than Tifa to me. Same reason I love Yuna - she's a tragic character that kind of knows she's doomed, but she puts on a brave face for the world.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I think they did a good job giving all of the characters some personality. Hell I didn't even know Jessie was a girl until they started making this game.

I enjoyed playing this game and will probably buy it when/if it comes to Xbox(year exclusivity is up this month) and am interested to see how the rest of the sections play out.
    Man, I hope Xbox pulls some next level shit and we get FF7 Remake on gamepass day one, next gen included.

Shoutbox Mod

Status

My friend says that Square Enix was recently bought out so the game may not come out to other systems after all. I really hope that's not the case.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    My friend says that Square Enix was recently bought out so the game may not come out to other systems after all. I really hope that's not the case.
    Think this was a false rumour spread on reddit for like 5 minutes. Square Enix is a publicly traded company in Japan, the probability of either Microsoft or Sony acquiring them is very small.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Shoutbox Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Think this was a false rumour spread on reddit for like 5 minutes. Square Enix is a publicly traded company in Japan, the probability of either Microsoft or Sony acquiring them is very small.
    That was kind of what I figured. I hadn't seen anything about it except for him saying it. The 20th of this month is when the 1 year exclusivity runs out so I'm sure we will be seeing some news about it coming to Xbox/PC.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I wanted to enjoy this, and I was for a bit after meeting Aeris. But this game fell off a cliff from the (first!) sewer level and it never gets out of it. The pacing of the game is all over the place, and the desperate attempts to pad a 10 hour game into a 30 hour game is incredibly jarring. Boring side quests, hideous unnecessary platform sequences. It makes for what I'd describe as a pretty dull game on the whole

There is very little this game added to the original that I like, and the majority of the stuff they added is a detriment to it. That's not even factoring the absolutely baffling adjustments to the story.

I'd say it's about on par with ffxv. And that's far from a compliment if you've ever heard my opinions on that. I don't think there's a point in the remake where I don't feel like I'd have had more fun playing the original

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

You have more perseverance than me Shock. I gave up way before the sewers.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I wanted to enjoy this, and I was for a bit after meeting Aeris. But this game fell off a cliff from the (first!) sewer level and it never gets out of it. The pacing of the game is all over the place, and the desperate attempts to pad a 10 hour game into a 30 hour game is incredibly jarring. Boring side quests, hideous unnecessary platform sequences. It makes for what I'd describe as a pretty dull game on the whole

There is very little this game added to the original that I like, and the majority of the stuff they added is a detriment to it. That's not even factoring the absolutely baffling adjustments to the story.

I'd say it's about on par with ffxv. And that's far from a compliment if you've ever heard my opinions on that. I don't think there's a point in the remake where I don't feel like I'd have had more fun playing the original

I have a feeling I know and agree but for discussion's sake what were some of the worst story adjustments they had in the game?

Shoutbox Mod

Status

and here my dumbass went and beat it twice

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I have a feeling I know and agree but for discussion's sake what were some of the worst story adjustments they had in the game?
    - The constant showing of Sephiroth at seemingly every moment instead of keeping the reveal in suspense.

-the Lost smoke monsters popping up every second. They're trying to make a 25 year old game less predictable, but in turn have added another storyline element to an already loaded story. Plus their design is so lazy and tired. You can tell this was written by the same guy that did Kingdom Hearts because its a hot mess.

- Shinra is evil enough, they didn't need to blow up two reactors on their own just to make Avalanche look like ultimate good guys. Especially the first reactor when they made that decision in only a few minutes yet had the logistics to destroy the reactor themselves.

- The ending... Yikes

Fight The Power

Status

They did take a lot of time to make her character interesting this time and more of a fun one than a generic wholesome type of good girl.

Still no Tifa

Tifa is best girl

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    - The constant showing of Sephiroth at seemingly every moment instead of keeping the reveal in suspense.
    Totally agree. This sucked and was unnecessary. The first thing that came to mind when you brought it up.

-the Lost smoke monsters popping up every second. They're trying to make a 25 year old game less predictable, but in turn have added another storyline element to an already loaded story. Plus their design is so lazy and tired. You can tell this was written by the same guy that did Kingdom Hearts because its a hot mess.
    I again agree but KH was good up to KHII!

- Shinra is evil enough, they didn't need to blow up two reactors on their own just to make Avalanche look like ultimate good guys. Especially the first reactor when they made that decision in only a few minutes yet had the logistics to destroy the reactor themselves.
    It's clear they're making Shinra almost comically evil in such an OTT way it's almost kind of amusing to me, such as Scarlet being an uber bitch during every appearance, the Shinra president being such a stereotypical evil businessman, the son showing up unexpectedly just to only care about taking over the company. It's almost like they're a parody of actual villains while Sephiroth is the real villains. Which is kind of bad but I won't lie this wasn't as big of a problem as the Cloud & Sephiroth's dynamic to me.

- The ending... Yikes
    I HATED this! Like literally I can just imagine this team overworked as fuck and the guy in charge being like "Fuck, I don't know how we're gonna end this game!" And then someone stood up and was like:

"Hey, you remember Crisis Core? Everyone loved that game! Let's just put that ending in there!"

"What!? That makes no sense for this remake though and especially where we're at in the story! Zack's barely been mentioned once this whole game!"

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! PUT IT IN! DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT IT JUST PUT IT IN."

Not only a trash ending, but super lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Tifa is best girl
    Facts. Best ever

Underdog

Status
      Country                    England

As much as I enjoyed the game I can’t argue with the negative points being raised. Sephiroth showing up at all, let alone every 5 minutes killed his mystique. He doesn’t show up until the Kalm flashback in the original but he’s all over this game like a rash, usually spouting nonsense to boot. That is a definite mis-step.

I was lucky that my missus, who doesn’t play games at all, actually got into watching me play this and I quite enjoyed her learning about the game with me helping fill in bits here and there, but when it got to the bosses at the end I had no idea what to tell her, and I was not happy with what was a pretty big departure from the original. I think that has the potential to alienate some fans going forward. I’m still on board but very wary about how the next game will pan out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information