Thread: NJPW Castle Attack 2021 & NJPW 48th Anniversary Show

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Castle Attack 2021 & NJPW 48th Anniversary Show

NJPW.jpg

NJPW Castle Attack - Day 1 - 27/02/2021
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Empire (Great-O-Khan, Will Ospreay & Jeff Cobb)
    Special Singles Match: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tanga Loa
    Special Singles Match: Hiroki Goto vs. Tama Tonga
    KOPW Title Match: Toru Yano (c) vs. Chase Owens
    Special Singles Match: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jay White
    Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL

NJPW Castle Attack - Day 2 - 28/02/2021
    TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs. Empire (Will Ospreay & Jeff Cobb)
    CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. BULLET CLUB (EVIL, Jay White & Chase Owens)
    IWGP Tag Team Title: G.O.D (Tama Tonga & Tanga) Loa (c) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
    NEVER Openweight Title Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Great-O-Khan
    IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. El Phantasmo
    IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito (Currently Injured so this could change)

NJPW 48th Anniversary Show - 04/03/2021
    Card TBA

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NJPW Castle Attack 2021 & NJPW 48th Anniversary Show

Phantasmo is beating Hiromu probably just to make this promotion even more unbearable.

Naito going after the belt he hated for 4 years and still calls it the NAKAMURA belt, rather than the top prize in the company is dog shit booking too.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Squash Fodder

Status

If you’d said to me ‘Gilo, come up with the worst possible NJPW card you can think of’, Day 1 would probably be very close to it. To be fair, Day 2 wouldn’t be too far behind it.

A comfortable pass. Shame really as I’ll be off work so I’ll have the time to watch it, but those cards have absolutely no appeal whatsoever.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

New Japan definitely not longer are a "watch every match" promotion. There are some matches on these set of shows that I'd like to see but Phantasmo vs Hiromu doesn't excite me and Okada/EVIL is simply filler because Gedo didn't know whatelse to book them in.

I agree that Naito wanting the IC title again is pretty iffy, not to mention him asking for the IC title match alone rather than the Heavyweight Title. You could perhaps say it's character progression with him but that doesn't change my mind on the matter. Honestly I'd give Ibushi the win and give the IC to someone else. SANADA would've been a more interesting choice for the double title separation .

WAKE UP

Status

I thought Ibushi vs Naito was for both belt? Why is that not the case in kayfabe? Shows are bunch of uninteresting Dome rematches.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Admin in Lockdown

Status

If you want an actual use for the IC belt that makes sense, then that's the belt Tanahashi should have right now and be defending against O Kharn and then maybe transition to Will winning it. Tanahashi as NEVER champ doesn't feel right. I'm starting to hope Moxley retains the US title and it's just something that stays in AEW or NJPW Strong canon because I dread to think how they're gonna go back to booking 4 singles heavyweight titles in this company again.

I have big time fatigue with this company. For all the roses thrown at them in the 2010s, I'm not sure who is worse at booking right now, them or WWE. What was that Jay White angle all about if he's just returning to face Ishii as a BC heel guy again?
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

The unthinkable has occurred, the most interesting singles match on two different shows involves Tanga Loa. That's how far this company has fallen.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Also I wouldn't be surprised if that Naito injury turns out to be a work to get out of how stupid that match was and the negative reception it got. Maybe they can replace him with Shingo instead.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I thought Ibushi vs Naito was for both belt? Why is that not the case in kayfabe? Shows are bunch of uninteresting Dome rematches.
    It's not the case in kayfabe because Naito specifically asked for an IC title match. He said (i think) that he felt it would make more sense for him to challenge for only one title as he had lost to Ibushi at WK recently. He also said that he specifically wanted to ruin Ibushi's plan to unify the belts. I haven't seen or read anything else yet but I think there's something out there where Naito explains the IC title is something that he's been connected with moreso than the hebbyQ over the last few years. Might just be making that one up though.

He's obviously jealous of Ibushi to a degree and wants to do something that grabs attention. Challenging for one belt probably does that in his eyes, idk.

----

Okada/EVIL isn't really filler if it was a match that was set up at the last show tbh. It's obviously a story they wanted to run for this card. As much as I don't like EVIL, I definitely won't mind seeing Okada beat him (hopefully) here.

Nothing particularly strong on the cards but not really anything to scoff at either tbh. Just about everything on the card makes sense for me.

Not into Phantasmo/Hiromu being booked again so soon though.

They might ham it up but I am pretty sure Naito legit injured his knee. Could be wrong but it looked like that.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 02-18-2021 at 02:42 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

NJPW reported this morning that Hiromu Takahashi will be out for an estimated six months due to a torn left pectoral.

The company posted the following on social media: “After medical assessment, Hiromu Takahashi's left pectoral injury will leave him out of action for an estimated six months. More information will follow.”

Takahashi has not wrestled since February 19, when he was injured during a tag team match at a Road to Castle Attack event in Morioka. It was announced prior to this morning’s event at Korakuen Hall that he would also be unable to compete on today's card..

Takahashi is currently the IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion. He was scheduled to defend the championship against El Phantasmo on the second night of Castle Attack on February 28 at Osaka-jo Hall. It has not been said what the company will do with the championship.

Tetsuya Naito, who has taken dates off due to a knee injury, announced to the crowd at the start of today’s Road to Castle Attack show that he will return to action on February 25 at Korakuen Hall.
    More bad news for New Japan. Hiromu is out for six months which means their likely plans for Hiromu vs Naito are scrapped yet again.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Guess third times lucky for the Hiromu/Phantasmo program in 2022.

Sucks for the guy.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    More bad news for New Japan. Hiromu is out for six months which means their likely plans for Hiromu vs Naito are scrapped yet again.
    fuuuuuuck.

hiromu g1 return!?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I wonder how they handle the Jr. Title in the near future and what their plans are.

I hope he just keeps it for 6 months like KENTA's briefcase.

Thread Information