Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2021 NFL Offseason Thread - Every QB is Angry Edition

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: 2021 NFL Offseason Thread - Every QB is Angry Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Not what I meant.

I meant that it was a consistent MO. Cosby would use drugs in drinks to sleep with women, and that was his MO. Watson allegedly solicits and forces himself on massage therapists, and that's his MO. It's consistency.

If he truly is guilty of what he's accused, it almost certainly took place over the course of many years as well. I'm sure that a lot of the accusers will be from a time period over at least 3-5 years.
    Unless I’ve missed something, every single one of these accusations stem from last year. They do have to file when the alleged incidents took place.

I can already see his legal team mounting the “CTE made him do it” defence.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Unless I’ve missed something, every single one of these accusations stem from last year. They do have to file when the alleged incidents took place.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
    Well, you cannot diagnose CTE in a living person. So I'm unsure how far that would go. Currently, you need an autopsy of the brain to establish conclusive evidence of CTE.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Well, you cannot diagnose CTE in a living person. So I'm unsure how far that would go. Currently, you need an autopsy of the brain to establish conclusive evidence of CTE.
    Sorry, I meant concussions in general.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Being that it's all civil, there won't be a need for a defense. He'll likely settle and pay the women a few million and then everyone will move on like they always do.

Cardcaptor

Status

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-24-accusers/

They keep on coming, too. One of them being from March 3rd, even after he knew lawsuits were coming. The guy thinks he's invincible.

Also, former Texan ND Kalu mentioned on a podcast earlier that he had heard rumors for a few months about Watson doing this. Watson also reportedly scrubbed his IG completely in early January.

I think it's really going to start to explode from here, possibly with people coming forward from his time in Clemson. I don't see this being swept under the rug, or this being another case like Ben or AB. The amount of cases and similarities is just on a whole different level, especially in a post "MeToo" world. I really doubt he plays in the NFL again.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

2021 NFL Offseason Thread - Every QB is Angry Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    Being that it's all civil, there won't be a need for a defense. He'll likely settle and pay the women a few million and then everyone will move on like they always do.
    There’s a preliminary police investigation, which means that there’s a good chance this will eventually be upgraded to criminal, provided of course that some of these women are willing to testify.

Paying all of them off is going to become troublesome.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Status

There’s a preliminary police investigation, which means that there’s a good chance this will eventually be upgraded to criminal, provided of course that some of these women are willing to testify.

Paying all of them off is going to become troublesome.

I'll be very interested to see what comes of the investigation. If he ends up getting charged, and particularly if he's found guilty of any sort, I expect he won't play another down again.

Quite a twist from the beginning of the offseason where he was making ransom demands and demanding a trade because he didn't want to play in Houston.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    I'll be very interested to see what comes of the investigation. If he ends up getting charged, and particularly if he's found guilty of any sort, I expect he won't play another down again.

Quite a twist from the beginning of the offseason where he was making ransom demands and demanding a trade because he didn't want to play in Houston.
    One of the sadder aspects of this story is how he was tweeting up a storm a few months back about how the Texans weren’t taking social justice issues seriously. If these allegations are proven true, he’s a hypocrite as well as a sexual deviant.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Cardcaptor

Status

One of the sadder aspects of this story is how he was tweeting up a storm a few months back about how the Texans weren’t taking social justice issues seriously. If these allegations are proven true, he’s a hypocrite as well as a sexual deviant.

Could be a front, maybe? A lot of the times when we see public figures who end up guilty of the most heinous things, they have a great public image and promote good things.

I just hope the truth comes out, one way or another. If he's guilty? Throw the book at him, by all means. I hope he never plays again. If somehow all 20 something of those women are fabricating this, as unlikely as that seems? Well, they should be held accountable, and I hope that he can clear his name and get a great contract somewhere.

Personally, I think there at least has to be some shred of truth to some of those accusations when you get to that level. Maybe some piled on seeing it as an opportunity, because that does happen. But I'd much rather have everything investigated thoroughly and listen to every word of every accuser than to have someone who is a victim be faulted for coming forward, and not get their justice.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Looks like Jimmy G's days are numbered in SF. 49ers have picked up the number 3 pick from the Dolphins.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status
      Country                    Norway

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...98044620627969

They said that Mike Zimmer had a bad defense last year...

and he took that personally.

Vikings are going to have a scary defense next year, especially if they pick up Geno Atkins. Just have to pick up an edge rusher (likely Kwity Paye), make Hunter happy, and that's a deadly group.

Might be a bad prediction but I think Patrick Peterson will have a career resurgence in Minnesota as I think he's a perfect fit for the scheme more than he was in Arizona the last few years.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Ravens sign Sammy Watkins. Relief to finally get one over the line. He's not perfect, but still comfortably the best receiver on the team when healthy and its a risk free move at the price and contract.

The team still needs a pass rusher badly. Maybe two. And I still hope they take a receiver early in the draft. Those are the two big weaknesses in the team that would be stopping the team making the next step.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Ravens sign Sammy Watkins. Relief to finally get one over the line. He's not perfect, but still comfortably the best receiver on the team when healthy and its a risk free move at the price and contract.

The team still needs a pass rusher badly. Maybe two. And I still hope they take a receiver early in the draft. Those are the two big weaknesses in the team that would be stopping the team making the next step.

I think you're severely underrating the skillset that Marquise Brown gives to the team, and he really looked like he was starting to break out towards the back end of the season. Sammy Watkins is solid depth, but I don't think I'd consider him a number one wide receiver on any team.

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

How good Watkins will be lies on whether or not he stays healthy. No doubt he's a solid receiver, idk that id say he's significantly better than Hollywood, but he has a different skill set that can definitely compliment each other there. But if he stays on the injury report all year idk what he's really gonna bring them.

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/...66208134778889

Vikings sign Safety Xavier Woods on a 1-year $2.5 Million deal. He's a good scheme fit for the team and next to Harrison Smith I think he'll do fine.

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl...assault-charge

Welp, his career is probably done, especially since her turned himself in. If he's found guilty he's probably looking at 10 years in prison.

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wft...outputType=amp

COLUMBIA, S.C. — (AP) — The gunman who killed five people including a prominent doctor in South Carolina was former NFL pro Phillip Adams, who killed himself early Thursday, according to a source who was briefed on the investigation.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Adams' parents live near the doctor's home in Rock Hill, and that he had been treated by the doctor. The source said Phillips killed himself after midnight with a .45 caliber weapon.
    Oh my god...

Cardcaptor

Status

Welp, that's sad and disturbing.

Wonder if it's CTE related or something else?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information