Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber 2021

Resident Cool Guy

Status

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Opening chamber was great. It was never going to mean anything anyway as the dumb Roman stip gave that away anyway, but the quality of the men in the match shone through and even Baron Corbin looked good in the match hitting his big moves and showing aggression. Bryan and Cesaro were tremendous together - go figure. I know the point of this was to heat up Roman so Edge looks more like he's stepping up to the biggest dick in the company, but I hate how Reigns/Bryan was dangled in front of us for a couple of minutes and instead we've got to put up with this Edge program instead. Miz/Drew being likely for Fastlane kills any hope of Bryan/Roman for that show too.

I feel bad for Roman, guy is given a tough task of main eventing mania with an attitude era vet again.

US triple threat was fine, at the time I thought it was odd that Bobby Lashley needed protecting when dropping the belt to Riddle but I guess it's likely Lashley could be in the WWE title mix now.

Sasha and Bianca tried hard, but it's never gonna look polished against Nia Jax. Also get this Reginald guy the fuck out of the womens angles on Smackdown. He's Carmella's dopey valet, we don't need him in the Sasha/Bianca build.

The Raw chamber match was painfully average. If you asked me tomorrow to name a spot in the match, I won't be able to it was that forgettable. Was shocked Orton's elimination was nothing to do with Bray.

Putting the WWE title on Miz after a fucking music artist has been getting the better of him and making him a joke for a month is ridiculous and desperate. Everyone knows Miz won't be in the title match at mania cause he's in the Bad Bunny match, so why are we making Drew drop the title again just to pick it up a few weeks later.

Show peaked in the first hour, and then was pretty meh afterwards.
    jokes on you its the 24/7 champ vs wwe champ at mania

Mafia Don

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    jokes on you its the 24/7 champ vs wwe champ at mania
    First time ever - winner takes all. Loser has to make another music video with Booker. If that's not a WrestleMania main event, I don't know what is
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every Sunday!)

Greek Beauties - February Entry

Spoiler:

Julia Nova

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    First time ever - winner takes all. Loser has to make another music video with Booker. If that's not a WrestleMania main event, I don't know what is
    But the winner also gets to do a Japanese shampoo commercial with Booker!

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Opening chamber was great. It was never going to mean anything anyway as the dumb Roman stip gave that away anyway, but the quality of the men in the match shone through and even Baron Corbin looked good in the match hitting his big moves and showing aggression. Bryan and Cesaro were tremendous together - go figure. I know the point of this was to heat up Roman so Edge looks more like he's stepping up to the biggest dick in the company, but I hate how Reigns/Bryan was dangled in front of us for a couple of minutes and instead we've got to put up with this Edge program instead. Miz/Drew being likely for Fastlane kills any hope of Bryan/Roman for that show too.
    Yeah i found this a lil annoying. Feels like we had the perfect setup for Bryan/Roman and they just threw it away at the last moment to give us the much less interesting Edge/Roman instead. Shame really. Hopefully Roman can get a decent match out of him.

I accidentally spoiled Miz winning the title for myself and haven't got round to watching the chamber yet...and am in no rush to really. The show up to that point didn't really grab me and i'm in no rush to spend the final 50 minutes of it leading to a Miz title win in 2021. Like Ed said, he won't be the champion come Mania anyway so what was the point of him winning? If nothing else i'm interested to see who is in the title match on the Raw side of it. If we end up with Drew/Lashley I wouldn't be too mad.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    England

Pretty average effort here. The Smackdown chamber was the best match of the show, though I wouldn’t call it great. Fell asleep halfway through the Raw chamber match, woke up to find Miz on the turnbuckle holding up the belt. Didn’t see that coming! Still can’t quite work out how that move is going to tie into Mania.

Edge’s spears look atrocious. Can’t wait for the ‘BIGGEST WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT OF ALL TIME’ or whatever claptrap tag line they’ll come up with for that one.

One positive though, 2h 30m run time. More of that please.
    Last edited by Gilo; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information