Thread: New Extension Policy (2021)

🩸🩸🩸

Status

FWA New Extension Policy (2021)

Hello all,

For 2021 we decided we are going to try a new take on extensions for the year. In recent times, we've sort of had this weird approach to it where extensions are either entirely allowed, or not allowed, or it's a inconsistent mix of both. So in an effort to make things consistent and fair across the board, we're going to try out this new policy for 2021 that will take effect immediately for this upcoming Fight Night card that will be posted soon.

How it will work is:

Every handler will receive a total of 5 extensions for the year. These extensions can be used for whatever reason; be it a health emergency, COVID related issue, kidnapped by Turkish terrorists, personal reasons, scheduling conflicts, etc. It is up to the handler on how they use their extension, as they'll have to strategize if the extension reason is important enough to use at that time when a real health emergency could happen down the line where an extension would be more needed. Once all five extensions are used, an extension request will not be granted under any circumstances.

Some general things to keep in mind,

1. Requesting the extension will still be the same. It must be done 24 hours before the promo deadline, and must be done BEFORE your opponent(s) submits their RP.
    2. If you request an extension, your opponent will receive one as well at no cost to their own extension count.
    3. The five extensions are per handler, not character. If you use an extension for your tag team, it will be the same as if you used it for you single star. However, if you are in a tag team with another handler and that handler requests an extension, only their extension will be taken.
    4. You may not lend or trade extensions to other handlers.

In an effort to be consistent and fair, this policy will be enforced to the letter for the year of 2021. At the end of the year, we will reassess how successful this was and see if it is worth doing again in 2022. You may view below to keep track of how many extensions you have left throughout the year, as this is where it will be updated when one is used.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to post them here or ask the FWA staff privately.

Handler Extension Tracker

ONAMStarr (5 Remaining)

The Gipper (5 Remaining)

Blaine (5 Remaining)

Shawn(5 Remaining)

Shade (3 Remaining)

ETE (4 Remaining)

Slick Mitch (4 Remaining)

noJ (5 Remaining)

Tuco Grimirez (5 Remaining)

Mr. Franchise (4 Remaining)

Jam (5 Remaining)

Man (2 Remaining)

Jimmy King (5 Remaining)

Cyrus Truth (5 Remaining)

Sulley (5 Remaining)

OMB (5 Remaining)

BMJ Maniax (4 Remaining)

AON (5 Remaining)

SupearSayin (4 Remaining)

The Golden One (4 Remaining)

Surly (5 Remaining)

Sayer (0 Remaining)

Smooth Jazz Wolf (4 Remaining)

The Prodigy (4 Remaining)

The Mac (5 Remaining)

Tig (4 Remaining)

Jiggy (4 remaining)

Oz (4 remaining)

OldJay (4 remaning)

Last edited by Sulley; 08-22-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: New Extension Policy (2021)

i like how i get no extensions. very in character from the mod and me.

3X World Tag Team Champion (w/Christian Quinn, w/Randy Ramon & w/Ryan Rondo)
    1X Gauntlet Champion

JOIN THE FWA!

🩸🩸🩸

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    i like how i get no extensions. very in character from the mod and me.
    Ah shit I was worried I missed someone.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

tig and i dont need five let alone one. #dayoneish

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

It's great that this new policy has been posted, because I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Why are y'all so weird about extensions?

I imagine that you want shows and cards up at a steady and regular pace but I don't see how a 24 hour extension impacts it as much when you have the bulk of the match already written and are just waiting for the winner to be decided for the ending, based from tidbits I've heard in the Discord. Unless you're wanting to base certain points in the match around key phrases in the promos and are thus waiting an extra 24 hours at most for the last promo to be posted, which would put a damper on regularly posted card thing.

Failing that, I have to assume you don't want people to get into the habit of asking for extensions willy nilly, and want to avoid people thinking that they have an entire extra day to their promo so no need to worry so they put it off until the last minute, sinking deeper and deeper into the habit. Which... I get, y'know, I do. It's just that the entire stance against extensions to the point of a brand new limited extensions policy raises a questioning eyebrow.

Spoiler:

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    It's great that this new policy has been posted, because I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Why are y'all so weird about extensions?

I imagine that you want shows and cards up at a steady and regular pace but I don't see how a 24 hour extension impacts it as much when you have the bulk of the match already written and are just waiting for the winner to be decided for the ending, based from tidbits I've heard in the Discord. Unless you're wanting to base certain points in the match around key phrases in the promos and are thus waiting an extra 24 hours at most for the last promo to be posted, which would put a damper on regularly posted card thing.

Failing that, I have to assume you don't want people to get into the habit of asking for extensions willy nilly, and want to avoid people thinking that they have an entire extra day to their promo so no need to worry so they put it off until the last minute, sinking deeper and deeper into the habit. Which... I get, y'know, I do. It's just that the entire stance against extensions to the point of a brand new limited extensions policy raises a questioning eyebrow.
    I feel its to do with in the past there's been times where every week like 90% of people asked for extensions and it just got out of hand a bit.

FWA is the only place I've ever RP'd at where extensions are a thing.

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I feel its to do with in the past there's been times where every week like 90% of people asked for extensions and it just got out of hand a bit.

FWA is the only place I've ever RP'd at where extensions are a thing.
    That makes sense, and gives extra credence to the 'limited extensions policy' thing. Stop it from becoming an out-of-hand habit, yeah. I can get that. Cheers.

Interestingly enough I don't recall a single fed I've been a part of where extensions weren't a thing.

Spoiler:

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

In the past, like ETE said, nearly everyone would ask for an extension. It was sort of an understood concept that the posted deadline wasn't really the deadline, which kind of makes the whole point of the posted deadline silly.

At one point, I would say "no extensions" and then say, "The deadline was going to be this date, but I decided to give EVERYONE an extension and make it one day later. So consider this your extension." That seemed to work on the surface, insofar as I don't remember any complaints.

However, this model didn't solve the issue that extensions are intended to address: real-life emergencies and issues that cannot be avoided or planned for. The COVID era of our reality highlights this truth much more.

I get the standpoint of "if you promo early then you don't have to worry about any issues," but that's kind of unfair and sort of pressures people into working outside their comfort zone. First, it goes against people with a slower writing process, chipping away little by little throughout the week. Second, you should get all of the time you have, up until the deadline.

Hopefully the finite number of extensions per user threads the needle between "keeping the actual promo deadline relevant" and "allowing for leeway when life is a bitch."

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    5x FWA Tag Team Champion

2020 North American Sports Poster Of The Year

Friendship King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    In the past, like ETE said, nearly everyone would ask for an extension. It was sort of an understood concept that the posted deadline wasn't really the deadline, which kind of makes the whole point of the posted deadline silly.

At one point, I would say "no extensions" and then say, "The deadline was going to be this date, but I decided to give EVERYONE an extension and make it one day later. So consider this your extension." That seemed to work on the surface, insofar as I don't remember any complaints.

However, this model didn't solve the issue that extensions are intended to address: real-life emergencies and issues that cannot be avoided or planned for. The COVID era of our reality highlights this truth much more.

I get the standpoint of "if you promo early then you don't have to worry about any issues," but that's kind of unfair and sort of pressures people into working outside their comfort zone. First, it goes against people with a slower writing process, chipping away little by little throughout the week. Second, you should get all of the time you have, up until the deadline.

Hopefully the finite number of extensions per user threads the needle between "keeping the actual promo deadline relevant" and "allowing for leeway when life is a bitch."
    Fair enough. That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Consider the questioning eyebrow un-raised.

Spoiler:

Underdog

Status

I have no issue with this is my preface to the below.

What I would say in counter is that we should have some sort of relative consistency with the promo timeframes. (Not saying we don't at least regularly)

For instance, personally, I tend to do alot of writing on Sunday provided I know ahead of time. So if a card is posted on Saturday with a deadline of next Saturday that might not work for me as I can't just make time/drop everything so id ask for an extension to encompass the following Sunday.

That type of deal.

Thread Information