Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 25/11/2020

WAKE UP

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 25/11/2020

I don't know, the Omega promo was better in the concept than execution, 'the more things change the more they stay the same', but a lot of it didn't really make any sense. And my dad can beat up your dad? What a geek this guy is. I know obnoxious nerd is his gimmick now, but obnoxious nerd isn't a world title gimmick. Moxley's promo in-ring was night-and-day better. Regardless of what you think of Omega in-ring, he isn't a top level talker like Mox is. They seem to be setting up a screwjob pretty obviously for next week, which I could either love or hate depending on how it goes down.

The Taz-Cody stuff was good but agree, using it to debut Taz's son feels weird if that's what they are doing. Hobbs looked good in his squash, and as far as jobber geeks in regular rotation Lee Johnson is probably better than half of the main roster guys on TV. I do wish they'd kind of hurry up and get towards the end goal of all this Team Taz vs Cody/Darby fued though, have to assume it's Cage vs Cody for the FTW belt or Cage vs Darby.

Silver looked good again. Where is Brodie Lee with all this Dark Order stuff though?

I only skimmed Top Flight vs H2, but felt symptomatic of one of AEW's biggest problems. All these indy flier teams are the exact same and interchangeable. Some stuff was cool, some stuff was really dumb.

The Kip/Miro/Best Friends stuff continues to be one of the worst programs they are running.

Glad B&B got the win in the main, thought they were more impressive than the PAC/Fenix unit. I'm still semi-interested in this fued but kind of wish they had Kingston and PAC in reverse roles with King as the face and PAC as heel.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Loved the first hour of Dynamite. It feel off in the second hour like it always does but the first hour was great.

Taz's promo was really good. This is a great use of Taz. Much better than how he has been has used him in any capacity since ECW really. I don't think it was meant to debut his son but the mention of his son was more of a tool to create more tension between Cody and Taz.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon
    I'm still semi-interested in this fued but kind of wish they had Kingston and PAC in reverse roles with King as the face and PAC as heel.
    They seem in the wrong roles to me too, especially after Kingston's work with Moxley made him a bit sympathetic, but I think it's more long term think there's more mileage in Pentagon and Fenix as babyfaces than there is Butcher and Blade being faces (which I'd agree with), and they might want the option of being able to make PAC and early challenger for heel Omega. Not great for Kingston, but he'll make it work.

[be more kind]

Status

Why is no one discussing the fact that Taz named his son Hook?

Archer coming out post main was weird and felt off. Guess the face turn sets him up for Kenny should he win the belt.

A lot of good on this show, some really solid story building as per. Page being targeted by the Dark Order totally makes sense after the year he's had. Plus, a big time fight down the line with Brodie is something I could go for. Also digging the Anna/Tay relationship, face/heel, one in the cult, one not, but friends nonetheless. Creates an interesting dynamic.

Glad the Cody/Taz stuff is focused around the FTW title, means that splits the feud into Cody/Cage for that belt and Darby/Starks for the TNT title.

Not gonna lie, hyped for Moxley/Omega next week. Gonna be tough avoiding spoilers for that one.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information