Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 18/11/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 18/11/2020

Cody Rhodes & Darby Allin vs. Team Taz (Brian Cage & Ricky Starks) (w/Taz)

AEW World Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Top Flight (Darius Martin & Daunte Martin)

NWA World Women's Title Match: Serena Deeb (c) vs. Thunder Rosa

Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian (w/Penelope Ford)

PAC vs. The Blade

Also announced: Jon Moxley and Kenny Omega contract signing.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 18/11/2020

Hopefully Air Wolf and Angel Dorado win the titles tonight.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

As much as I enjoy the NWA Title matches, I will never not find it weird how much more attention they are giving that belt instead of their own.

Hoping for a bounceback episode after last week's disappointment.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    As much as I enjoy the NWA Title matches, I will never not find it weird how much more attention they are giving that belt instead of their own.

Hoping for a bounceback episode after last week's disappointment.
    The theme for Dynamite seems to be the live episodes are iffy but the taped shows are very good, so I expect this to be pretty decent.

Interested how the contract signing bit goes down. Moxley's a proven entity on the mic and has constantly knocked it out the park in all his promos, but Omega is much more of a question.

Status
      Country                    United States

"Unlike Jon Moxley, he is a Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer" is just... I don't care what anyone says. That sent me.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Not gonna lie, kind of disappointed they're going the 3v3 route here with Kingston, B&B vs Death Triangle. I really want to see Lucha Bros split up :/

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

First impressions of Top Flight:

- Ditch the real names and just go by their nicknames which are cool enough, Air Wolf and Angel Dorado.
    - Clear MCMG influence in attire and some of their moveset, but enough going on to not feel too copycat.
    - They look really smooth in the ring for so young, Dante especially got some great air in his leapfrogs and dives.

I approve. I wanna see more of them and hopefully they can show a bit more character over time. Private Party’s probably fearing for their spot after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

*tunes into AEW*

*John Silver is on my screen*

nice.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Status

This is the most they've done for the women on Dynamite in a while. Deeb/Rosa match, Rosa/Baker brawl, Silver/Jay promo to announce a Women's title match, oh and I guess Jade stomping Brandi's arm from earlier counts too

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    This is the most they've done for the women on Dynamite in a while. Deeb/Rosa match, Rosa/Baker brawl, Silver/Jay promo to announce a Women's title match, oh and I guess Jade stomping Brandi's arm from earlier counts too
    Sweet! I missed everything earlier, but I hope it keeps up. Small steps, even if the matches themselves don't go above ten minutes, would go a lot to show that they're aware of the problem and are trying to do something to start to fix it.

now give me Abadon too godamnit
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 11-18-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Sweet! I missed everything earlier, but I hope it keeps up. Small steps, even if the matches themselves don't go above ten minutes, would go a lot to show that they're aware of the problem and are trying to do something to start to fix it.

I was wholeheartedly expecting Abadon to show up too because she tweeted that'd she'd be lurking around the NWA Women's Match, so who knows, maybe she gets involved with Serena somewhere in the near future

But yeah, Britt/Rosa feels like the biggest womens feud they can do atm, other than Britt/Shida, so I'm looking forward to it

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post

It was almost all undone with JR asking after Schiavone brought up AEW Heels..."Do they do bake sales?" Schiavone response screamed..." Oh...Holy shit, no. Just no."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Very enjoyable episode. I liked roughly everything except Orange Cassidy vs Kip Sabian. PAC vs The Blade went a little long but I thought PAC looked good. He was able to keep the gimmick but in a face role. That's promising as it'd suck if he went back to something similar to Face Neville. The Opening tag match was pretty awesome. New fresh team gets a lot of time to shine and they pull it off. They were so fluid, being able to string together spots that most other indie teams would mess up in quick fashion.

Moxley being attacked backstage is interesting. I wonder if the other attacks backstage are related or if it was Kenny himself. A good way to set intrigue for the upcoming weeks. Makes me further believe that they will pull the trigger and have Kenny win next month.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Makes me further believe that they will pull the trigger and have Kenny win next month.
    I think the best argument for this now is that Jon revealed Renee is pregnant, seems to make the most sense to have him drop the title, take some time off to be with his wife, and come back after 4-5 months or whatever.

Enjoyed the episode as a whole, dug the heel turn even if I think there are too many heels around at this time, but Team Taz grows to 3 now.

Really hoping, that with everything kinda going on, they either add a 3-man title, or have a 3-man tournament. Either option seems like it'd be fun, especially with Chikara dead.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I think the best argument for this now is that Jon revealed Renee is pregnant, seems to make the most sense to have him drop the title, take some time off to be with his wife, and come back after 4-5 months or whatever.
    I think it's more likely he loses the title, then enters a period of isolation to allow him to wrestle at WrestleKingdom on Jan 4th to finally drop the US title that he's had all year, then he does another few weeks of isolation and can be back for whatever the Feb PPV is going to be, maybe for a rematch for the title. I don't see him going off the grid and not wrestling at all from December until a month or so after the baby is born.

Really hoping, that with everything kinda going on, they either add a 3-man title, or have a 3-man tournament. Either option seems like it'd be fun, especially with Chikara dead.
    They absolutely have the numbers to do this:

Team Taz
    Death Triangle
    Eddie, Butcher and Blade
    Jurassic Express
    SCU
    Dark Order
    The Elite (Kenny and the Bucks)
    Nightmare Family
    Best Friends and Orange Cassidy
    Inner Circle (which could be two different trios of the pro MJF/Jericho camp and the against MJF/Jericho camp)
    Private Party and Matt Hardy

WAKE UP

Status

I'd be down for a tourney, but trios titles are such a dead gimmick. Name one outside of Mexico that's worthwhile.

JR's bake sale line killed me. In some ways I love that he is churning out these terrible lines while commenting for a promotion that tries so hard to be woke.

The show closing angle was a Will Hobbs heel turn, let that sink in for a moment.

All signs point to Moxley losing. The promo about how all the damage is building up and taking it's toll on him, news of his wife's pregnancy, the name of the show itself, him being attacked, etc. Disappointed we didn't get a proper promo segment but maybe for the best Omega didn't get exposed.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think it's more likely he loses the title, then enters a period of isolation to allow him to wrestle at WrestleKingdom on Jan 4th to finally drop the US title that he's had all year, then he does another few weeks of isolation and can be back for whatever the Feb PPV is going to be, maybe for a rematch for the title. I don't see him going off the grid and not wrestling at all from December until a month or so after the baby is born.
    lmao, I definitely forgot about the US Title, that seems way more likely than my original thought of 4-5 month absence, and 2-3 week vignette/promo/whatever til his return.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I'd be down for a tourney, but trios titles are such a dead gimmick. Name one outside of Mexico that's worthwhile.

JR's bake sale line killed me. In some ways I love that he is churning out these terrible lines while commenting for a promotion that tries so hard to be woke.

The show closing angle was a Will Hobbs heel turn, let that sink in for a moment.

All signs point to Moxley losing. The promo about how all the damage is building up and taking it's toll on him, news of his wife's pregnancy, the name of the show itself, him being attacked, etc. Disappointed we didn't get a proper promo segment but maybe for the best Omega didn't get exposed.
    I don't watch any Mexican wrestling these days outside of the matches that people recommend, so I'm not sure. I think if they add the second show, the trios title could get some nice burn, but I'm definitely not against a tournament like the women's tag team stuff if they don't want to manage another title.

I was kinda happy at the no show contract signing, mostly because I hate contract signing segments, and I like the idea of Omega getting an "easy" title win as he devolves into a full egomaniac.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I'm not too fond of the idea of having trios titles either. In Mexico it works because trios are more of the Lucha culture. It's not worked elsewhere. Even in New Japan, it's an afterthought. DDT does it fairly well but it's still not a well developed division.

Status

Yeah I have no interest in a trios title, I'd rather they just keep having a deep tag division. I feel like a set of trios titles would create some forced and stagnant booking. We don't really need more titles on the show at the moment anyways.

People have had wild GOT connections to the Winter is Coming name of the show, making assumptions that they're going to test the waters with an NJPW partnership. I've seen assumptions on a New Japan guy laying Mox out. However, realistically, I think it's fair to assume it was Archer.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I’d be down for trios tournament just to make good use of all the factions. But aye, would rather it was for bragging rights than another title.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Thread Information