Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

I'm still really skeptical of Trae's stats while being on a complete bottom-feeder team and having minimal impact on the teams success. Booker is a guy who has proven he can put up numbers and will his team to wins, so I'm excited to see him play again.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I'm still really skeptical of Trae's stats while being on a complete bottom-feeder team and having minimal impact on the teams success. Booker is a guy who has proven he can put up numbers and will his team to wins, so I'm excited to see him play again.

IDK about Devin Booker willing the Suns to success. The Suns have had one season that wasn't completely embarassing and that was 5 years into Booker's career where most of the success came in the Bubble. If we're going to give Booker a 5 year leash with asterisk to demonstrate he can will a team to wins, then Young deserves it too. If we're exclusively talking individual games then Young definitely has shown he can will his team to the occasional win about as well as Booker.

Im happy to see any young up & and comer lift his team up though. And I'm excited to see squads like Suns/Hawks/Pelicans/Grizzlies etc. over the Nets/Lakers/Clippers All-Star squads.

Status

Booker has more leniency imo for playing in the much tougher Western conference as opposed to playing in the Leastern conference lol, he wasn't going to will his team to the playoffs there. He definitely has had a lot more time than Trae to develop but I have no faith in Trae becoming anything close to a competent defender, in my eyes he's just a dollar store Steph Curry, just significantly worse.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Booker has more leniency imo for playing in the much tougher Western conference as opposed to playing in the Leastern conference lol, he wasn't going to will his team to the playoffs there. He definitely has had a lot more time than Trae to develop but I have no faith in Trae becoming anything close to a competent defender, in my eyes he's just a dollar store Steph Curry, just significantly worse.
    Averaging 30 & 10 & 5 in your sophmore year and you're an All-Star player and still getting dismissed then *shrug* it is what it is.

Status

The Eastern Conference All-Stars for 2020 were laughable as a whole, the rosters were EXTREMELY lop-sided. Let's not forget that Kevin Love used to average 26 & 12, and 26 & 13 on a Timberwolves team, everyone was infatuated with the numbers and then look what happened when he was put onto a Championship team with LeBron and how his success didn't directly translate to team success, and how average he looked playing around Kyrie and LeBron. Sure his numbers weren't awful, but he was not a memorable part of that team at all. Hell I'm pretty sure Tristan Thompson's performances were more memorable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information