Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Simpsons" Mafia Finale -- The Battle for Springfield Elementary

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

"The Simpsons" Mafia Finale -- The Battle for Springfield Elementary

FINALE: THE BATTLE FOR SPRINGFIELD ELEMENTARY

====================

[Two weeks after the events at the Springfield Powerplant, the town is still in disarray. Several of the responsible adults have been murdered by the Powerplant in cold blood. Homes and businesses have been destroyed. The children have gathered in what's left of Springfield Elementary, hiding out in Mrs. Krabapple's classroom, with no real idea where they go from here.]

Bart Simpson: "Ok, guys, we have to do something. The cafeteria is cleared out, so are the vending machines. We need food."

Martin Prince: "Do you... think it's safe to go out there? I'm afraid to go home..."

Ralph Wiggum: "I want to be a triangle!"

[Suddenly the intercom turns on. Shift scene to Principal Skinners office. Skinner sits back in his chair, feet up on his desk, accidentally pressing the intercom button. His phone rings.]

???: "SKINNNNNERRRRR!! Why are there children in the school?"

Principal Skinner: "Wh-uh-sir! I have no earthly idea what you're talking about..."

Chalmers: "I'm in the parking lot, and the light to Room 10 is on. I see shadows!"

Principal Skinner: "Oh - I'll go check it out immediately sir."

Chalmers: "No you won't! You will wait in your office. I'm on my way. We will take care of these hoodlums, once and for all!

[A few minutes later, Chalmers is standing over Principal Skinner, who is still seated in his desk chair.]

Chalmers: "Now you listen to me, you overgrown Mama's boy! I want every child in this school either sent home, or brought to this office. Find Krabapple, and get to work. I don't care HOW you do it, JUST DO IT!

[Skinner stands to leave, but notices the pile of student personal records piled on his desk. He stops to think, but for a second too long.]

Chalmers: "NOW!!!"

[Skinner runs out of the office, and heads off looking for Edna Krabapple.]

====================

Rules Specific to this Game:
    Spoiler:

1. Shawn is the Game Moderator. PM roles to me.

2. In this game, the Town Aligned players are STUDENT ALIGNED and the Mafia Aligned players are TEACHER ALIGNED. I will assign these at random. Mafia will have the ability to assign their night kill, aka choose who performs it.

3. I will not assign roles, aside from a specific few, in this game. Roles will be determined by a pre-game draft. The format used will be roughly the same as the Draft in Simpsons 2, except I will NOT publish the results of the draft, in any way, until after the game.

4. Days cannot end in "No Lynch." The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched, even if majority has not been met. Ties will be decided via coin toss.

5. Play nice. We're all looking to have fun. I understand what competitiveness can bring out in some of us, but name calling, insulting, and general douchebaggery will NOT be tolerated. Modkills may be given or replacements brought in at Game Moderators discretion.

Generic WC Mafia Rules:
    Spoiler:

(Full credit to Sully for the general formatting of these)

1. In general mafia games there are three different alignments: Town, Mafia, and Independent. The town does not know who mafia is, and their goal is to hunt them down and lynch them before they're outnumbered. The mafia's goal is to kill as many town members as they can either by night kill or by manipulating the town into lynching their own. And the Independent will have their own winning conditions. Whether all three alignments are in this game or not is up to you to figure out as you play. Each day you will vote to lynch one player in the game. Votes must be made in bold like this "Official Vote: RED" or they will not count. Once the majority vote is reached that player will be killed. Days will last 24 hours. After the day is over you will have 12 hours to send in your night power. Night will end when all powers are sent in or the 12 hour time period is reached. Day ONE will last 24 hours.

2. Each player will be assigned to a character from the Simpsons Universe. DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER, DO NOT EVEN HINT AT WHO YOUR CHARACTER IS. Even slight hints will result in modkills. I am not playing around with this, I will be very strict with what constitutes a character hint. Characters and their role powers have little to no relation whatsoever, so do not try to play the game based on what characters you think would have certain powers because it will not be effective.

3. DO NOT edit your posts. You will be modkilled if you do.

4. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread. Not on the forum, not on facebook, not on Discord, not on Twitter, not on Snapchat, not by messenger pigeon, not during tea time with your mother. Once the game starts it stays in this thread until it is over. Once it is over then we can talk about it. If you die, do not talk to a player that is still alive in the game. I will set up and moderate a chat room for the mafia team, if you die you are no longer permitted to talk in the chatroom but you may still view it. If you have a teammate role and your teammate dies, you may no longer stay in contact. Once the game is over, then you can discuss. Any violations of these rules will result in modkill for parties involved. There WILL be a separate chatzy set up for players who are eliminated from the game. This is the only place you can talk about the active game after your death.

5. Be active. I won't be too strict, but you can't be going a whole day or more without a post. I will modkill or replace for inactivity at discretion. Most everybody has a unique and thought out role in the game, and I want to see them all used to their full potential. There will be a lot of different dynamics and variables, but it won't be fun if half of the players aren't being active. Two whole game days without a post is generally the criteria for a inactivity modkill, but duration of days and timezone of the player will be taken into consideration. DO NOT message me telling me a certain player should be modkilled.

6. Night posting is not allowed unless your role specifically states otherwise, unless specifically stated by the Game Moderator. Once the day ends you are no longer allowed to post unless your role specifically allows it. Mistakes happen and I won't be too strict, but if you post 30 minutes after the day ending post then that will likely be a modkill, if you post like 5 minutes after and it looks like it took you a long time to write up then it'll probably be ok. I will not enforce a no posting rule for once lynch is cast, so you cannot be modkilled in between the time lynch is cast and the day ending post. However, there will be a warning post before the day ending post, so I don't want to hear excuses if you post after the day ending post and you get modkilled. Modkills here will also be used at discretion.

7. You may not use screenshots of anything outside of the game thread to prove your innocence. This will result in an immediate modkill. If at any time you are uncertain of whether an action or post will result in a modkill, PM me just to be safe.

8. The game ends when the win conditions or lose conditions have been met for all players.

Order of Operations for Role Resolution:
    Spoiler:

- Commuting (First)
    - PGO Activation
    - Roleblocking
    - Redirecting
    - Protecting
    - Killing
    - Investigating (Last)

The Draft:
    Spoiler:

PHASE 1 - "THE DRAFT"

1. I will randomize the alignments, and send out generic "you are town" or "you are mafia" PMs. Mafia will be given a chatzy to communicate, but there will ne no posting in the thread.

2. Everyone will reply to their role PM with a whole number between 1 and the number of players in the game, inclusively. The LOWEST, UNIQUE number will win the draft. Second place is awarded to the SECOND LOWEST, UNIQUE number, etc. until all unique numbers have been used up. Next in line will be the lowest DOUBLED numbers, followed by the NEXT lowest DOUBLED numbers, etc. Then TRIPLES, QUADRUPLES, etc. should any exist. In the case of multiple players picking the same number, placement between them will be chosen randomly.

FOR EXAMPLE

PLAYER'S NUMBER SELECTIONS:

Player Name Number Chosen
    Player 1 5
    Player 2 3
    Player 3 1
    Player 4 12
    Player 5 1
    Player 6 9
    Player 7 5
    Player 8 6
    Player 9 1
    Player 10 9

WHICH PRODUCES THE FOLLOWING DRAFT ORDER:

Player Name Number Chosen
    Player 2 3
    Player 8 6
    Player 4 12
    Player 7 5
    Player 1 5
    Player 6 9
    Player 10 9
    Player 9 1
    Player 5 1
    Player 3 1

These results will be published in the thread.

========================================

PHASE 2 - "BIDDING FOR ROLES"

Once draft order has been published, each player will PM the Game Moderator with the role they'd like to be. All roles can be assumed by either alignment, meaning there could be a Mafia Cop, or a Town Roleblocker. There will still be no posting in the thread, but Mafia can continue to discuss in the chatzy.

THE ROLES

Here are the roles that will be included in the game. Only one role from each "slot" will be awarded to a player, for example from below, there cannot be a Doctor AND a Roleblocker in this game.

Should two players bid on the same role, the player with the higher priority will be awarded the role. The other(s) shall remain vanilla.

Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful

Night 3 Vig: On Night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
    Vengeful: When you are lynched, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner

1-Shot Vig: Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
    1-Shot PGO: On the night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill everyone who targets you that night.

Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector

Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Mafia", "Not Mafia", or "No Result".
    1-Shot Redirector: On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice.

1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher

Commuter: Once, at night, you may commute, rendering yourself unable to be targeted by any actions that phase.
    Watch: Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to Watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if any.

Doctor OR Roleblocker

Doctor: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
    Roleblock: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

Universal Backup OR Rolecop

Universal Backup: After the first power role (role won in the draft) dies, you inherit their role. If multiple die in the same night, you will inherit one randomly.
    Role Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or "No Result" if Vanilla.

Neighborizer OR Absorber

Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a "neighborhood" with another player in the game. You will now have access to a chatzy thread with this player for the night.
    Absorber: If you are targeted by a night action, other than a kill, you can use that action the following night.

Jailkeeper OR Tracker

Jailkeeper: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.
    Tracker: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

1-Shot Duelist OR 1-Shot Motivator

Duelist: Once, during game, you can challenge another player to a duel. Players will vote for the winner of the duel. The loser will be killed. If during day, this will replace lynch and day will end. If during night, there will be no Mafia night kill.
    Motivator: Once, during the night phase, you may target another player in the game to motivate them. The following night, they will be able to use their action twice, should they choose.

IF A PLAYER DOES NOT WIN A ROLE IN THE DRAFT, THEY WILL STAY POWERLESS/VANILLA

Signups:

1. Shade
    2. Broc
    3. Sayer
    4. Mitch
    5. SuperSaiyan
    6. OMB
    7. Wang

8. Grim
    9. Shake
    10. Man
    11. Jam
    12. Tig
    13. Fuji Vice
    14. Baldrick
    15. Wolf Beast
    16. Sykotic
    17. Sulley
    18. Zero
    19. Todd-Jon
    20. The Golden One

Game will likely begin 10/11 or 10/12.
    Last edited by Shawn; 10-21-2020 at 08:21 AM.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Re: "The Simpsons" Mafia Finale -- The Battle for Springfield Elementary

I'm in

Status

19 please.

Very Important Lobster

Status
      Country                    United States

For sho

#CR2K21

Status
      Country                    UK

Number 10 please

World Champion

Status

In, but I want to be Milhouse.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

104% in

RIP Exalted One

Status

Sure though i suck at these drafts
    Father, Friend, Hero Sazh Katzroy

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Sure though i suck at these drafts
    Thats because you miss them.

I'm in

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

18 mate.

RIP Exalted One

Status

lol
    Father, Friend, Hero Sazh Katzroy

All About That Ace

Status

#21. time to carry my teammates to another win.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    This is the greatest day.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    This is the greatest day.
    Isn't it tho?

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status
      Country                    Norway

I am here.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    #21. time to carry my teammates to another win.
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Oh my sp sweet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

20 for me.

The Flow

Status

Can’t wait for another classic battle between Zero and TGO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information