Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 21, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 21, 2020

Monday Night Raw Preview
    September 21, 2020

Keith Lee to battle Drew McIntyre for golden Clash of Champions opportunity

Last Monday, Keith Lee was on the verge of earning a potential WWE Championship opportunity in his battle against Drew McIntyre, until RETRIBUTION made their presence felt. However, The Limitless One’s championship dreams are not dashed. Lee will get another crack at McIntyre this Monday on Raw. If he can defeat the WWE Champion, and Randy Orton is still unable to compete on Sept. 27 at WWE Clash of Champions after being on the receiving end of three Claymores, Lee will challenge for the WWE Title.

Will Lee make the most of this golden opportunity?

Huge triple threat tag team showdown to determine The Street Profits' Clash of Champions challengers

Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits’ challengers for WWE Clash of Champions will be determined this Monday on Raw in a major triple threat match, pitting the new tag team of Dominik Mysterio & Humberto Carrillo against Seth Rollins & Murphy and Andrade & Angel Garza.

By going after tag team gold with one of his family’s closest allies in Carrillo, Dominik is looking to follow in his father’s footsteps. Rey Mysterio’s first title in WWE was the WWE Tag Team Championship, which he won alongside Edge. Will Dominik move one step closer to his first title in WWE? Will The Monday Night Messiah and his estranged disciple once again prove to be a roadblock for the Mysterios?

And after Zelina Vega ditched them to go after the Raw Women’s Championship and got in a fight themselves, Andrade & Angel Garza are out to prove they’re better on their own. Will they demonstrate that they never needed Vega’s help and earn a rematch with The Street Profits?

Braun Strowman and the undefeated Dabba-Kato clash in Raw Underground

Last Monday, Braun Strowman went on a rampage through Raw Underground, demolishing anyone and everyone that stepped in his path. Things got interesting when the monstrous, undefeated Dabba-Kato stepped to The Monster. But before they could come to blows, Shane McMahon stepped between the two titans, saying the bout would be saved for next week.

Now, the former Universal Champion and the undefeated Raw Underground brawler will clash in the biggest fight to take place in Shane-O-Mac’s lawless battleground. Who will emerge victorious? Will anything be left of Raw Underground after these two monsters are finished?

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 21, 2020

So two of the tag teams in that 3 way are teams that are in the midst of breaking up, while Dom and Humberto haven't teamed together before. Wild. Because it's against the Street Profits, Dom and Humberto don't really work as challengers, so I guess it'll be Seth and Buddy getting a title shot which then becomes their big blow off of the team when Buddy loses the match.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

The tag team division is dire at the moment on both brands but this is what happens when you don’t care about your tag team division and release half of the tag team roster. Andrade and Garza are not benefitting from feuding with the Street Profits and as you mentioned, Ed, are seemingly breaking up despite the fact that I don’t think either guy has a spot open for them to succeed on their own. The endless SP and Garza/Andrade matches have gone of for as long as lockdown has or at least it feels that way. I think they’ve been so focused on trying to make SP look like stars that it’s come at the expense of the other teams.

Carrillo and Dominic are not a tag team but I guess you can make the loose connection from the Carillo/Mysterio alliance when they feuded with Andrade. I would assume that given Dominic is in a feud that they wouldn’t give him tag team gold, especially when Rollins and Murphy don’t appear to be solid, unless one of these teams win and the title transfers into the feud. However, it would appear to be odd unless it was setting up between Dominik and Carillo vs Murphy/Rollins for the titles to finish the feud and have them all move on?

Everything at the moment feels so rushed and filler, feuds start and end in a week, it’s all look rather odd.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I thought the Retribution reveal was bad enough.

But wow that Braun-Kato thing was one of the worst things Ive ever seen in my life.

WAKE UP

Status

is it me or is it always this period between Summerslam and the new year when WWE is at it's worst? always feels like just coasting and no thought or effort put in until they start looking at 'Wrestlemania season'

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    is it me or is it always this period between Summerslam and the new year when WWE is at it's worst? always feels like just coasting and no thought or effort put in until they start looking at 'Wrestlemania season'
    100%. Between the NFL season kicking off and schools retuning, they just don’t really care about Q3 so just coast through it as best they can. Shame really.

Haven’t seen this week but nothing really catches my eye other than the awful names given to the Retribution guys. They really have been DOA.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Seems so. At this point of the year they save anything remotely big or exciting for Mania season. This time of year would be ideal for an 'off season'.

Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

How exactly is it we are living in a world where someone gets eaten by a shark on Raw and that's not even close to the most ridiculous thing that happened on the show?

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    The tag team division is dire at the moment on both brands but this is what happens when you don’t care about your tag team division and release half of the tag team roster. Andrade and Garza are not benefitting from feuding with the Street Profits and as you mentioned, Ed, are seemingly breaking up despite the fact that I don’t think either guy has a spot open for them to succeed on their own. The endless SP and Garza/Andrade matches have gone of for as long as lockdown has or at least it feels that way. I think they’ve been so focused on trying to make SP look like stars that it’s come at the expense of the other teams.

Carrillo and Dominic are not a tag team but I guess you can make the loose connection from the Carillo/Mysterio alliance when they feuded with Andrade. I would assume that given Dominic is in a feud that they wouldn’t give him tag team gold, especially when Rollins and Murphy don’t appear to be solid, unless one of these teams win and the title transfers into the feud. However, it would appear to be odd unless it was setting up between Dominik and Carillo vs Murphy/Rollins for the titles to finish the feud and have them all move on?

Everything at the moment feels so rushed and filler, feuds start and end in a week, it’s all look rather odd.
    how wrong was I? Seriously how many more varieties of this match do we need!? Make it stop.

Thread Information