Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spring Stampede 1994

8 50.00%
  • Wrestlemania 17

4 25.00%
  • Summerslam 2002

4 25.00%

Thread: THE FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven vs. Summerslam 2002

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

THE FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven vs. Summerslam 2002

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Spring Stampede 1994

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Johnny B. Badd

World Television Championship: Brian Pillman vs. Lord Steven Regal

Chicago Street Fight: Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys

United States Championship: The Great Muta vs. Steve Austin

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Rude vs. Sting

Bunkhouse Match: Bunkhouse Buck vs. Dustin Rhodes

The Boss vs. Vader

WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Wrestlemania X-Seven

Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

APA & Tazz vs. Right to Censor

Hardcore Championship: Big Show vs. Kane vs. Raven

European Championship: Eddie Guerrero vs. Test

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

Women's Championship: Chyna vs Ivory

Street Fight: Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon

Tag Team Championship - TLC Match: Edge & Christian vs The Dudleyz vs. The Hardyz

The Gimmick Battle Royal

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

WWF Championship: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Daily Motion

Summerslam 2002

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio

Chris Jericho vs. Ric Flair

Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge

Tag Team Championship: Booker T & Goldust vs. The Un-Americans

Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Rob Van Dam

Test vs. The Undertaker

Unsanctioned Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

Undisputed Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: THE FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven vs. Summerslam 2002

Summerslam 2002 for me takes it, and I'd be happiest with that as the outright winner. I think it's got the best match across all three cards, and has noticeably less weak points than it's two counterparts.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Re: THE FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven vs. Summerslam 2002

I'm going for the underdog. An excerpt from my Spring Stampede 1994 review:

What's so great about this show is the variety. You want a new age garbage hardcore match? Nasty Boys vs Cactus/Maxx is there. How about a more old school Southern hardcore match? There's Dustin/Bunkhouse Buck. How about something more technical with a mat clinic? Steamboat/Flair delivers the goods for that. A special attraction match featuring a big Japanese star? The Great Muta coming in and putting on a snoozefest still counts. There's the story based match of Pillman/Regal wrestling for fifteen minutes. Godzilla vs King Kong came to life with The Boss vs Vader. The best shows ever tend to be the ones with a lot of variety. Isn't that the main reason why those poor saps love Wrestlemania 17 so much? Match quality, the two main matches to watch are Flair/Steamboat and Nasties/Cactus and Maxx. Vader/Boss, Regal/Pillman, and Dustin/Bunkhouse are all more than worth watching too. I love that they used this show to help hype up the next PPV. Once this show concluded, we know that Badd/Austin for the US Title and Sting/Vader for the International Title are both a lock. Granted, the latter took an unexpected route. If there's some negative for this show, it's that Muta/Austin and to a lesser extent, Sting/Rude both underperformed. Still, Spring Stampede '94 is a great show and I'd recommend it as one of WCW's best PPV's.
    If there's one thing that Spring Stampede has over the other two shows it's that it played a massive role in popularizing a ring style that became the ring style of the 90s - the ECW style brawl. I don't think WM or Summerslam has as much influence on the business as Spring Stampede. Stampede may be the least talked about PPV, but that's always going to be the case when one company died and the other is still continuing on to tell their own version of history. Unlike Summerslam or WM, there's not much talk about Spring Stampede. It's a surprise hit of a show, rather than an event that has to live up to its immense reputation. I think it's also worth remembering the time periods. Spring Stampede came out when workrate wasn't as widely recognized or expected. This sort of quality was completely unheard of in the WWE prior to 1994.

Spring Stampede may be the underdog, but it's an underdog that earned its way into the finals rather than always being told that it has to be considered one of the best PPVs of all time.

WAKE UP

Status

I came at this from the angle of trying to compare each match on the card against each other - openers vs openers, etc..

DDP vs Badd | Jericho vs Regal | Angle vs Rey - one of the best PPV openers ever

Pillman vs Regal | APA/Tazz vs RTC | Jericho vs Flair - latter 2 are forgettable, first is very good

Cactus/Payne vs Nastys | Show vs Kane vs Raven & Eddie vs Test | Eddie vs Edge - Edge match is very good, but the Nastys tag takes it

Muta vs Austin | Benoit vs Angle | BookDust vs Un-Canadians - easy win here

Rude vs Sting | Shane vs Vince | Benoit vs RVD - First is bleh, second is an OK spectacle, third is an actual pretty good match

Buck vs Dustin | TLC | Test vs Taker - I'm of the opinion TLC II is the weakest of the first few, and Dustin vs Buck is great

Boss vs Vader | HHH vs Taker | Michaels vs HHH - I enjoy the first 2 but the street fight takes it easily

Flair vs Steamboat | Rock vs Austin | Rock vs Lesnar - all 3 are great matches, but would take Rock vs Austin as top of the pack

Spring Stampede and Summerslam came out tied. I ended up voted for Spring Stampede because I then preferred Flair vs Steamboat over Rock vs Lesnar.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Just one day left to vote, it's very close.

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

I'm refraining due never seeing the WCW show, but if it were between WMX7 and Summerslam, I think WM would edge it for me

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Spring Stampede was one of the top choices for me going into the show. I can't praise it enough. I love the other two shows and you should go out of your way to watch them but Spring Stampede has it all.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

What a result for the underdog. Spring Stampede 1994 takes it over the number 1 and 3 seeds to win the tournament.

Main Eventer

Status

Awesome result.
    The Scummiest of Scums!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information