Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2020 NFL Season - For as long as such a thing can last

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Re: 2020 NFL Season - For as long as such a thing can last

Brady gets his new love crush back, Antonio Brown to the Buccaneers.

Surprised Bruce Arians wanted to deal with that though. We'll see how it goes for them.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Tomlin has more wins and less losses than Harbaugh. I cannot see how this is an improvement.

I swear, I genuinely feel like Tomlin gets no respect, even from fans of his team. It’s absolutely baffling.

I’m kind of surprised you didn’t mention Taysom Hill. For some reason I thought he’d be a player right up your alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you. Steelers fans are terrible to Tomlin, and I think he's the best coach in the NFL and I wouldn't trade him for Belichick, Harbaugh, Carroll, or anyone else. Dude has never had a losing record. He went 8-8 last year with backup QBs, and he managed to keep the psycho Antonio Brown in check for so many years, only for him to wash out under Gruden.

But yeah you've misinterpreted my comment. I wouldn't trade Harbaugh for Tomlin, I was just noting my respect for Harbaugh and the fact that he is the best thing about the Ravens right now.

But I agree Steelers fans are horrible to Tomlin. I see it first hand in the city itself. But, it got better after last year when he got the team to 8-8.

Don't Cry Jennifer

Status
      Country                    Norway

Cardcaptor

Status

Welp, Tom sure is getting plenty of weapons. It's what he wanted, and at this stage needed.

Meanwhile, Bargain-bin Belichick is still scoping out practice squad guys and 4th stringers to beef up that WR corp.

As for any division rival player? Hm..Ryan Kerrigan for Dallas. Stefon Diggs for Patriots.
    Everything will surely be alright.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Welp, Tom sure is getting plenty of weapons. It's what he wanted, and at this stage needed.

Meanwhile, Bargain-bin Belichick is still scoping out practice squad guys and 4th stringers to beef up that WR corp.

As for any division rival player? Hm..Ryan Kerrigan for Dallas. Stefon Diggs for Patriots.
    I don't think it's going to make a difference for the Buccaneers home the second half of the season, which at Tom's age is where we've seen his issues. He doesn't have the endurance anymore in his arm to throw consistently well for that long. We've already seen a bit of it.

But, if the defense and run game keeps up they may be able to replicate what the Patriots have done with him the last couple of years and not need to worry about it. He impressed me for sure in the Green Bay game to the point where he's proving he wasn't just a Belichick system QB even at his age, and so I can recognize that and give him credit.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'm quite glad Brown went to the Buccs. There had been rumblings for the past year about him signing for the Ravens due to his connections with Lamar and Hollywood, plus the obvious need for a wide receiver. But he's too toxic especially for a young team like this. Great player, shit person and shit teammate.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm quite glad Brown went to the Buccs. There had been rumblings for the past year about him signing for the Ravens due to his connections with Lamar and Hollywood, plus the obvious need for a wide receiver. But he's too toxic especially for a young team like this. Great player, shit person and shit teammate.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    I'm glad he didn't go to the Ravens too, on the off chance he doesn't end up being as toxic as he was the last few years and actually boosts that offense even more. I think it's more likely you're right, and the Buccaneers despite their record have more to gain than they do to lose from this type of signing so it fits.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    I don't think it's going to make a difference for the Buccaneers home the second half of the season, which at Tom's age is where we've seen his issues. He doesn't have the endurance anymore in his arm to throw consistently well for that long. We've already seen a bit of it.

But, if the defense and run game keeps up they may be able to replicate what the Patriots have done with him the last couple of years and not need to worry about it. He impressed me for sure in the Green Bay game to the point where he's proving he wasn't just a Belichick system QB even at his age, and so I can recognize that and give him credit.
    You act like he has to be excellent and a top 5 QB to be effective with that solid of an offense, though. Because there's zero reason he should have to, and he could easily have his WR/TEs do the heavy lifting for him.

Then again, Arians is pretty meh and insists on heaving it down the field every single play.

Oh yeah, Giants being dumb again potentially:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...iel_jones_and/
    Everything will surely be alright.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information