Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJPW G1 Climax 30: Be The One!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: NJPW G1 Climax 30: Be The One!

I wonder if Cobb is going to hit the 10 point mark or if he's losing to Yujiro. I wonder what Yujiro's done to get buried like this. Surely they could've fit someone else in? Get he's probably a rest match for most but if he goes 0-9 then that's more than just that.

I think they might go SANADA vs Okada too since they seem hellbent on getting this match over as a rivalry since it happens so much. It makes sense that LIJ has dominated B Block.

If that's the way the final goes then meh. I'm happy for the Okada win but not invested beyond that.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Cobb getting more points than Shingo would be weird and signals he’s gonna be around more often.

WAKE UP

Status

I wouldn't read that much into it. Cobb has been presented as a mid card guy consistently while Shingo has had competitive matches with the top guys and went over Ibushi. I think they'll throw Cobb a NEVER title shot but that's probably about it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Cobb got signed, didn't he? So he'd definitely going to be around for the foreseeable future. I do think they will give the win to Yujiro though. He's not been too bad given his reputation and they usually give the worst guys of the block at least one win.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Cobb got signed, didn't he? So he'd definitely going to be around for the foreseeable future. I do think they will give the win to Yujiro though. He's not been too bad given his reputation and they usually give the worst guys of the block at least one win.
    i hope hes signed, that means he can still work ROH.

I dont get the negativoty for him. hes a fantastic big man and hes got a great moveset
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-15-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    The Scummiest of Scums!!!!!!!!!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i hope hes signed, that means he can still work ROH.

I dont get the negativoty for him. hes a fantastic big man and hes got a great moveset
    Its that he's not much beyond that. Everyone knows the role he will play. It's just that others will think there's more capable people of doing it I guess.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

The ending to the Okada/Ospreay match is legit one of the worst angles I can remember seeing in NJPW. The Money Clip storyline was nonsensical and stupid, but at least it was building to a satisfying conclusion for the fans. This was about the worst possible of 100 different scenarios. Embarrassing to watch for the fans live and at home.

Status

Wtf was that man. Fuck sake. Is SANADA or EVIL about to win the G1?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Im all for Ospreay push and glad to see Bea in New Japan Ospreay leaving Chaos is gonna set up some cool matches. I just hope Jay White doesnt win

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The angle at the end of Okada v Ospreay was very awkward. Bea coming out was a bit of a shock for everyone. Then Oka returned with a suit - this was better. And then Ospreay officially turned after the match. It could've been better. The match was cool though. You could see Ospreay's mindset of "this is what Marufuji would do" on display.

Ibushi winning the block thanks to Ishii. I didn't expect them to give him three finals in a row (no one has ever done that until now) but they did. Ibushi winning the G1 again is my prediction. Couldn't tell you who's winning B Block now. EVIL? I've been skipping his matches so I don't want the Finals to be something I force myself to watch

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I was actually really enjoying the Ospreay/Okada match until the awful awful finish. If Interference shit wasn’t bad enough in jay white, evil and KENTA matches we’re now getting this with Ospreay as well? Ugh. And doesn’t that just make the Okada struggles and money clip angle a massive waste of time if this is how his G1 was always ending.

BIG TOM with the win in the sumo hall main event. Actually enjoyed that match for a jay white match. He’s saved us all. Ibushi has been a backseat guy in this G1 so him winning would be very surprising but I’ll take that over SANADA or EVIL getting dome main event.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ibushi vs SANADA is a finals that I like. Ibushi seems like the obvious winner because I don't see SANADA vs Naito for the Dome (unless Naito loses at Power Struggle should be have a title defence). Ibushi vs Naito would make sense given their history and it being the only match we didn't see from the Double Dash last year.

YOSHI-HASHI B Block MVP. Who would've thought it?

WAKE UP

Status

Is Sanada really over with native fans? Because I really do not get the appeal or think he's much good as a wrestler. I guess he has the look, is fairly handsome and a good athlete, but I'm not seeing much beyond that.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Is Sanada really over with native fans? Because I really do not get the appeal or think he's much good as a wrestler. I guess he has the look, is fairly handsome and a good athlete, but I'm not seeing much beyond that.

That's like three major boxes ticked already for getting over with NJPW natives. His being a part of LIJ has helped massively and the gimmick he has does too. I think he's fairly fine in the ring but I'm not invested in him much. He's definitely over though but he would likely sink if left by himself and not as a part of LIJ imo.

Ibushi does seem the obvious winner in the end but I don't really know if they're going with Ibushi twice in a row but the logic behind Double Dash etc. make sense and the fact that Ibushi/Naito have a bit of a rivarly. Ugh, still not over this Ospreay shite

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Whats his gimmick?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

He doesn't really have one. Stoic, athletic wrestler doesn't count I don't think. LIJ is collectively a gimmick but individual, he's basic.

Status

I would describe his gimmick as being the Cold Skull personality he's built. He's supposed to be a 'cool' type figure who's stoic/mysterious and makes things look easy. His looks obviously market him to a certain type but there's certainly some stuff he does in ring that get over with people. In the same way that LIJ's gimmick is being LIJ and individiually Hiromu is 'Time Bomb' personality/gimmick and so on.

^And yeah, SANADA by himself initially would be basic, being in LIJ helps him loads.

Speaking of gimmicks... looking forward to Okhan being Ospreay's Mongolian bodyguard or some shit.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 10-17-2020 at 09:21 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

SANADA going to the finals is a better option than EVIL, but my god does Naito/SANADA sound awful. I'm not sure a wrestler deserves a G1 win less than SANADA given his quarter-arsed performances.

WAKE UP

Status

Another 35 minutes epic between Ibushi and SANADA. No thanks. Guess they have to pull the trigger on Ibushi this time though I don't think I've enjoyed any of the previous Naito-Ibushi matches. Someone wake me up when this promotion runs something worthwhile again.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Someone wake me up when this promotion runs something worthwhile again.
    I look forward to your thoughts on the next show.

---

Wow, congrats to Ibushi. Didn't have him pegged as winning the tournament back to back at all.

Not really into another double WK nighter. I'm guessing they will have made the decision before last year's WK but wonder if COVID might mean slightly less stacked shows and therefore a need to split into two nights? Seems unlikely.

Not excited for the forthcoming EVIL/Naito at all given how utterly uninterested I am in EVIL. Someone's obviously interested in it but not me.

Finals was fine, most other matches skippable but did enjoy Ibushi vs SANADA given what little heat it actually has beyond being a G1 final. Probably not going to stand out as some other G1 finals have unfortunately. Ending stretches were fantastic I thought but match wasn't top tier.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information