• Wrestlemania X-Seven

7 50.00%

Thread: SEMI FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

SEMI FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Spring Stampede 1994

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Johnny B. Badd

World Television Championship: Brian Pillman vs. Lord Steven Regal

Chicago Street Fight: Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys

United States Championship: The Great Muta vs. Steve Austin

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Rude vs. Sting

Bunkhouse Match: Bunkhouse Buck vs. Dustin Rhodes

The Boss vs. Vader

WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Wrestlemania X-Seven

Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

APA & Tazz vs. Right to Censor

Hardcore Championship: Big Show vs. Kane vs. Raven

European Championship: Eddie Guerrero vs. Test

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

Women's Championship: Chyna vs Ivory

Street Fight: Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon

Tag Team Championship - TLC Match: Edge & Christian vs The Dudleyz vs. The Hardyz

The Gimmick Battle Royal

Triple H vs. The Undertaker

WWF Championship: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Re: SEMI FINAL: Spring Stampede 1994 vs. Wrestlemania X-Seven

No problem with voting Spring Stampede over Wrestlemania *Double checks to ensure he's talking about the right Mania* 17.

Both have two great matches, but while WM struggles with two of their key matches sucking, Stampede thrives on overachieving. This is a PPV where Bunkhouse Buck vs Dustin Rhodes, of all matches, was better than all but two WM 17 matches!

I'm all about seeing a Stampede vs Stampede finals.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I'm going with Spring Stampede as well. Both are quality shows but it's just a better show with a shorter length. There is very little between the two.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I went for Wrestlemania here. I think Spring Stampede way outperforms itself. But I prefer the main of Wrestlemania over Spring Stampede (and for me to say anything is better than a Flair/Steamboat match is something). TLC is better than the Falls Count Anywhere tag. Then you've got the entertaining shit of the McMahon drama, a very good Benoit vs Angle match, and a generally fun undercard I think that seals the deal for me. I can take or leave the six man tag, Ivory vs Chyna sucks but is short, and HHH vs Undertaker kinda stinks. But so does Muta vs Austin, so I think it balances itself out in that regard.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Why a vote for Spring Stampede is wise.

Aren't you tired of being told that you have to think that Wrestlemania 17 is the all time best PPV? Since 2001, WM 17 has been the automatic answer that so many fans felt they had to include at the top of their top PPV lists. And those poor souls that thought outside of the box and saw Wrestlemania 17 for what it truly was - another example of McMahons trying to steal the spotlight with their endless family drama, Triple H and Taker showing what sort of lousy matches they could put on while forcefully keeping their spot, and the booking decision to have The TEXAS Rattlesnake turn heel in Texas against a guy who wouldn't even be on shows in 48 hours!

Spring Stampede is not only a show that has never tried to force its way onto any top PPV lists, but it offers you something truly unique. Bunkhouse Buck in a great match! A fun hoss match between Vader and The Boss! An ECW style garbage tag match that helped inspire future hardcore matches for years to come where somehow, three of the four wrestlers involved, were awful, but they still managed to produce a highlight of 1994! The last classic Flair/Steamboat PPV match to one last time steal the MOTN. And lastly, a Rick Rude, who after years of injuries, is going out there to entertain the fans on PPV one last time.

This is your opportunity to stand up against Vincent Kennedy McMahon and tell him no, we will not allow you to force an all WWE finals to further try and create his narrative of WWE's domination.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Although I enjoyed the hell out of WrestleMania X7 for the most part I can't in good faith give it my vote. Especially when I go back and watch classic matches with some of the best out there. Flair and Steamboat put on some of the best stuff.

A tie isn't what I expected, but fuck it, I'm calling this a victory!

Wrestling Goddest

Status
      Country                    United States

I've watched Stampede in bits and pieces, the main event was great. I might have to watch it in it's entirety soon. Mania 17 was not my favorite WrestleMania. It's in my top 5. I pick 24 as my #1. 17 is up there with 19 and 30.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

Thread Information