Thread: Ground Zero Season 2: Discussion Thread

It's Spooooky Time

Status

FWA Ground Zero Season 2: Discussion Thread

GROUND ZERO: SEASON 2

Discussion Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Ground Zero: Season 2

Feel free to post any thoughts or comments here.

The show is going to be 9 episodes long, and will air every Wednesday night this month and next month starting next week. The first two episodes will air on the same night, as will the last two episodes. On the very first episode we will cut the roster down to 20. Single applications will be guaranteed spots, so everyone will have at least one character on the show. Those with multiple characters are the ones who will have at least one or more cut from the show. After the first episode, there will be two eliminations each episode until we get down the final six. This will be the finale where the Final Six will compete in a ladder match where there will attempt to unhook a briefcase containing an FWA Contract and a $10,000 signing bonus.

Here is the episode schedule below:

Episode One: September 9th, 2020
    Episode Two: September 9th 2020
    Episode Three: September 16th, 2020
    Episode Four: September 23rd, 2020
    -No Episode on September 30th-
    Episode Five: October 7th, 2020
    Episode Six: October 14th, 2020
    Episode Seven: October 21st, 2020

Episode Eight (Finale): October 28th, 2020

Those who expressed interest in winning this event and not just participating, please PM me again to remind me. If you have multiple characters, please express which one is the most important to you. Each match outcome will be determined by me, except the finale. Assuming we have at least six (or more, if necessary I will change it to make sure everyone has a shot who wants it) contestants there in the end, we will have a promo competition to determine the winner.

Ground Zero Season One featured four current FWA stars as coaches on the show. This season ideally will be the same. With 20 people making the show after the originally cut down, that means each coach will have 5 people on their team. I know a couple people have volunteered, but like those who want to win I have forgotten who specifically so if you'd like to consent to having your character on the show please let me know in this thread or via PM. You will not have to do any work with them, as I'll do most of the writing.

Last thing. I am going to be the sole writer for these shows. Your participation is not mandatory, but I also will not be able to include every character in the spotlight. If you want your character guaranteed to be on the show, it is highly recommend that you send in some sort of skit or segment each week to me so I can include it. You have officially seven days from today to send in any promos, skits, or segments you have idealized for your character in regards to Episode One and Episode Two.

I am looking forward to this, and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I anticipate I will.

Last edited by Sulley; 10-21-2020 at 04:56 AM.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Re: Ground Zero Season 2: Discussion Thread

Also,

Applications will remain open up until next Wednesday. So if you were looking to apply, make sure you get in your application by then. That is exactly one week from today!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Coach Gabby is in.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Make sure those who have characters in this and want to win let me know soon, as the first episodes will be going down within the next 24 hours. After these first two episodes we'll see the roster cut from 26 down to 18. If I don't know you want your character to make a solid run, I could accidentally cut them early (although WORST case, I can write a way to have them earn their way back if you changed your mind and allow you to compete for the final spot at the end).

Also if you want to send in a segment for the show, let me know now. I'll be writing for a lot of characters, but if you don't send anything in and you want your character showcased, the only guarantee is to do it yourself.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a character and I hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by Sulley; 09-10-2020 at 01:14 AM.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

My goal of having Ground Zero posted every Wednesday night has been an 0-3 success so far. Tonight it won't be posted either as I'm allocating my energy to Fight Night, but it'll be up over the weekend or tomorrow night.

I haven't gotten any segments yet, which is fine if I need to I can write my own, but the segments from you guys always help so if anyone wants to send one in definitely feel free.

Remember next week is a bye week as I'm away in Florida for the week as I interview for a job.

We'll get back to action October 7th with a huge Episode 5 that'll feature a 15 Man Royal Rumble.

HOSS MOD

Status

Good to know, Sully.

As for segments? Check your inbox, my guy.
    Something Witty!

4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Pretty confident GZ Episode 5 is gonna go up on time tomorrow for the first time ever. If you plan on sending in a segment, try to do in within the next 24 hours. Sent segments are appreciated, but not mandatory.

creatively drained artist

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley View Post
    Pretty confident GZ Episode 5 is gonna go up on time tomorrow for the first time ever. If you plan on sending in a segment, try to do in within the next 24 hours. Sent segments are appreciated, but not mandatory.
    Thanks for the heads-up, will send at least one promo if I find time for it tomorrow.
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Chris Peacock
    This is a well-written, clean, excellently-formatted promo. It really looks the business, and you can tell that you have experience in the BtB section where everything looks just right. I liked the juxtaposition of the scene in the bar with Drew and the televised segment with Chris: this was an inventive little touch that sets it aside from a regular front-of-camera promo. The contrast and conflict between Drew and Chris felt like the start of something, not the end of something (perhaps that is just wishful thinking). The interview section was a real strength, and again I think your BtB experience probably contributed to a very polished piece with believable responses from Peacock. Disco’s Last Warrior is a great nickname, but does beg the question as to who was Disco’s First Warrior? It is refreshing to see a character that is whole-heartedly and seemingly unashamedly fun. The backstory involving his father added a bit more depth to proceedings without going too far and being starkly in-contrast to the Stayin’ Alive shenanigans at the promo’s end. If I was to offer one bit of (
    hopefully) constructive criticism, it would be with regards to the descriptive parts in-between the dialogue. They are successful in setting the scene and being informative about what’s going on. But I think a little more insight into the characters’ thought processes, their musings on their surroundings and the person they’re interacting with, etc, would add another layer of depth to the promo and make the character feel more real and three-dimensional. Still, this is a really impressive promo and I’m looking forward to seeing you joining the FWA full-time.....

Thread Information