Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NXT - The Future is NOW!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: NXT - The Future is NOW!

Hey man great few episodes of NXT so far keep up the good work.

Couple of things

It might just be that my eyesight suck but I am struggling to read the promos and interviews might want to make the writing a bit bigger.

Also I just dont think WWE would let the briscoes swear on live tv.

Other than that I am going to be reading

Curtain Jerker

Status

Hey dude just wanted to pop in with some quick comments regarding the show. First off, I did not think I would like The Briscoe's in this NXT context, but god damn, I do. I think you write real nice for them in their roles and I am liking the direction. One thing I'm not such a big fan of is the influx of Main Roster guys coming back to NXT. The NXT Roster is pretty bloated as it it, and with Nakamura, Owens, Rawley Cedric and so forth all coming back at the same time, I'm worried for some of the current talent on the NXT roster. Also the fact that they all came in at the same time, felt like a waste to me, I think spreading the returns out a bit more could've really been useful here.

With the critique out of the way I want to look at the positive that is Kevin Owens vs Keith Lee, two big bois going at it will be great. Also really liked the way you made the Kinshasa a big deal, and I know it's a tough situation regarding Dream, but I would have a tough time cheering him right now.

All in all a pretty neat episode of NXT. Still early days but you could clearly see that there are some seeds being planted for long term storylines, and that is something I really enjoy! Keep up the good work man!

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Nameless Savior - Thank you for the comments and I’m definitely going to make the font a bit bigger to make it easier to read. I saw where you were coming from but I didn’t know if anyone would react to it.

- most definitely the WWE would not allow the Briscoes to curse which is why I had them do it because I wanted to showcase how much of a wildcard they are and no one, including a huge company like the wwe, would be able to control them.

IssE- I completely understand the amount of stars coming back from NXT but I tried to explain that through it being the annual draft. I felt like NXT needed an injection of some returning talent that have been misused but could really get a chance to shine again on the NXT brand. It was also to help start some new storylines and some surprising ones that I had in mind.

-I’m such a fan of an old school big man fight so Owens and Lee would be such a perfect way to showcase some of that old school wrestling. Shinsuke is someone that deserves so much more and I needed him to make a quick impact to put him back on the map so I figured taking Dream out would kill two birds with one stone until of course everything settles down for Dream.

-thank you for your comments and I’m glad you’re noticing those seeds being planted because there is so much more on it’s way.

Chikara Trainee

Status

NXT
    Live from Full Sail University

9/23/20

We are taken live to Full Sail for another episode of NXT. We get a wide shot of the crowd who are all chanting ĎNXTí out loud. Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix welcomes us and gives a recap of last weeks show with the main topic being that Kevin Owens is the now the #1 Contender for the NXT Heavyweight Championship. Mauro announces that they both are here tonight and set for an interview individually. Beth then announces that tonightís main event will be Tyler Breeze vs Mark Briscoe vs Bobby Fish in what could be a preview of a potential historic 3-Way Tag Team Match. Before the announcers could go on.....ĒWRESTLE & FLOWĒ hit the PA system as Adam Cole comes out to a huge roar from the crowd. He does his usual routine coming down to the ring with a confident look in his face. Once heís in the center of the ring he waits for the...BOOM..as crowd joins in on the fun. A ring crew member hands him a mic before scurrying out of the ring.

Cole: First off I want to congratulate my buddy Kevin Owens on becoming the #1 Contender for the NXT Heavyweight Championship.

All the fans united chant ďOwensĒ out loud

Cole: He really did earn himself that shot. Aside all the bs of Roderick Strong trying to recruit you to join Undisputed Era, you earned that match...even if it was by eliminating me. You know...itís all fine because my head wasnít in that match and nothing to take away from your win KO but my mind was getting my hands on Roderick Strong and kicking his ass all over that ring.

Crowd cheers at hearing that

Cole: All these weeks of going back and forth, back and forth with no end. Iím done with it Roddy. If Kevin Owens says heís not going to join you guys then leave it be but also I need you to come face me like a man and not hide behind Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish anymore.

The crowd agree at hearing this

Cole: So this is what I need...Roddy get out here and face me like a man..one on one..in this ring...right NOW!

The crowd looks at the entrance ramp waiting for Roderick Strong to make his entrance.

Cole: Lets go Roddy..I can wait here all night if I have to.

Moments go by and still nothing.

Cole: Fine..Iíll just go back there and find you myself..

The moment he says this ďUNDISPUTEDĒ hits the PA system as Roderick Strong comes out to a chorus of boos. He has his Undisputed Era t-shirt and regular blue jeans on.

Strong: I expected a lot more from you Adam. The whole time all you ever cared about was being the NXT Heavyweight Champion and last week you had that chance and what did you do? You focused on going after me. You know..thatís definitely not undisputed.

Cole: Listen Roddy, I didnít come out here to chit chat back and forth. I came out looking to fight and settle this like men.

Strong: Oh you wanna fight right now? Is that what you want?

Cole: Yeah thatís what I want..letís go..

Cole drops the mic and prepares himself to fight.

Strong: well itís not going to be tonight.

The crowd boos at hearing this

Strong: You see I donít have my ring gear on and Iím still pretty soar from the battle royal match last week where you tried to injure him. But I have a better idea...if you wanna fight then Iím all up for it but instead it will happen at NXT TakeOver in 4 weeks. You see Adam I told you weeks ago that I decide when we fight..not you...not anymore.

Cole picks up the mic with a look in his face showing that he isnít surprised to hear this.

Cole: Exactly what I expected from you Roddy. If you want a match at TakeOver then Iím all game but I want to face you one on one..no interference..no games..just you and me in the center of the ring.

Strong: Thatís fine with me Adam but just know that once I win all the fans around the world will finally see what Undisputed Era has always known...that you were always the weak link in the group. You see when I joined Undisputed Era the plan was for all of us to get exposure and move up on the card....but no you do what youíve always done youíre whole career and that is take up the spotlight..this is why the bucks kicked you out and this is why we kicked you out. All these idiots here tonight might be fooled but we see who you really are Adam Cole and that is a selfish prick who only cares about himself. All we wanted was to be equal but that wasnít good enough for you Adam. Kyle and Bobby just wanted to focus on the tag team division and even though Iíve been considered one of the best pure wrestlers in the world I didnít go after the NXT Heavyweight Championship because YOU wanted it! No more Adam...Iím done playing a back up role..Kyle and Bobby are done playing a backup role..itís our time now and come NXT Takeover youíll be the one at the bottom of the ladder..and thatís UNDISPUTED!!!

ďUNDISPUTEDĒ hits the PA system..Strong drops the mic and gives a cold stare to Adam Cole before leaving. We go to commercial break with Adam Cole standing in the ring thinking about everything Roderick Strong had to say.

Commercial Break

We are brought back to Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix who take us to the first match of the night. It will be one of NXTís returning stars in Kalisto going one on one with the veteran and superstar from the 205 Live brand The Brian Kendrick. It will be the battle of two different styles and a good indication on who could possibly be the next challenger against the Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar.

Match
    The Brian Kendrick vs Kalisto

Both competitors circle the ring while the crowd is awaiting to see these two collide. At first Kendrick kept the match at a slow pace and really tried to work on his ground game making sure Kalisto wouldnít pick up any steam. He tries to work on the right leg that led to several submission moves taking it to the limit before the ref could disqualify him. The crowd is oozing in anticipation waiting for Kalisto to make his usual comeback but Kendrick is using his experience to keep the match grounded. He got a bit too confident and slowly takes his time to try and lock on the cobra clutch and Kalisto is able to worm his way out and lead a furious comeback. A headscissors takedown leads to a 450 splash...cover is made
    Kick out!!
    He doesnít take any breaks and continues the attack but obviously he starts showing signs of an injury after Kendrick had worked on his right leg earlier in the match. Kalisto slowly gets up to the top rope and attempts a frog splash but Kendrick counters it with a modified code breaker..cover
    Kick out!!
    Kendrick decides to take the match to the outside and throw his opponent to the steel steps...he sets kalisto foot on the steps and looks to go for a stomp but kalisto is able to move out of the way just in time. Kendrick is in utter pain and Kalisto takes advantage of this and hits a back drop...at this point the ref is demanding for the match to get back in the ring...kendrick gets rolled back in..kalisto to the top he goes..let drop connects...cover is made
    Kick out!
    Out of nowhere Kendrick goes for the Bully Choke but Kalisto is trying to fight out of it. The hold isnít able to be locked on and Kendrick gets up and starts stomping away. Up to his feet kalisto goes as Kendrick attempts the sliced bread....counter...kalisto out of nowhere hits the Salida Del Sol...cover
    3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner: via pinfall, Kalisto at 9:10

Afterwards Kalisto celebrates his win by getting up to the second rope and raising his arms in victory with the crowd cheering him. We get a quick shot of Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde watching on from the back.

We are taken to the hallway backstage as a camera man is rushing down before stopping to see Tommaso Ciampa standing outside the GM office. Before he even opens the door Ciampa is seen just standing there taking a deep breath. He knocks and we can hear Samoe Joeís voice lightly say come in. Ciampa proceeds to open the door before he notices the camera standing behind him.

Ciampa: Donít come in........

Ciampa proceeds to start closing the door but before its shut all the way we hear...

Ciampa: This is it for me..........

Mauro and Beth ponder what he means by that but he informs us that we are heading to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

We are back live with the next match on the night as we are going to see Tegan Knox, the #1 contender for the NXT Womenís Championship taking on Mia Yim who has a lot to prove after being left off the #1 Contenders match a few weeks back. We get word from Beth Phoenix that the NXT Womenís Champion Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez will be joining them on the commentators table.

Match
    Tegan Knox vs Mia Yim

A second after the bell rings Mia goes for the attack not letting time go by. She starts to aggressively beat down her opponent looking to make a statement. Tegan is able to get back into the match after hitting a fireman carry stunner...cover is made
    Kick out!!!!
    Tegan quickly goes for a chokehold sto but Mia reverses it into a sto of her own....the hold is broken after Tegan was able to reach for the ropes. The match continues going back and forth with no clue on who would win this match. At commentary Beth Phoenix tries to bring up Dakota Kai and Tegan long history together but Kai wants nothing to do with and in fact even puts down the #1 contender calling her a poser and that all she was good for was keeping her down. Back in the ring both competitors are trading shots until Mia is able to connect with a German suplex...instead of going for the cover she looks to hit an inventor stomp face breaker....it connects....cover is made
    Kick out!
    Mia has no idea what she has to do..back up they go and out of nowhere Tegan Knox hits a headbutt..off the ropes the shoes...shining wizard connects....before she could go for the cover Dakota Kai runs in and starts beating down her challenger for the title. The ref has no choice but to stop the match. At this point Raquel slams Mia to the outside.

Winner: No Contest ending at 6:31

After the match while Raquel makes sure neither competitor gets up, Dakota grabs a mic.

Kai: Tegan...congratulations on becoming the #1 Contender for my title. Next week youíll get your chance to face me but just be aware that this is the closest youíll ever get to my title.

Kai screams at Raquel to get Tegan up...Kai kisses the belt before smashing it to the back of Tegan who screams in pain. Kai has such an evil smile on her face looking completely satisfied with what she has done. We get word that we will head to the back with Jojo who is set to interview the #1 Contender for the NXT Heavyweight Championship, Kevin Owens.

Jojo: Thank you and Beth and Mauro...Iím here with the man who will take on Keith Lee for the NXT Heavyweight Championship in two weeks. So Kevin Owens how are you preparing to take on Keith Lee?

KO: Before I get to Keith Lee...I just wanted to go on camera so everyone could hear me say this but Adam Cole I want you to know that no matter what I have your back and once I become the NXT Heavyweight Champion Iíll be sure to help take out the Undisputed Era.

Kevin Owens takes a quick breather collecting his thoughts.

KO: now to Keith Lee. He is one of the greatest champions of all time but what people tend to forget is that Iím a former NXT Heavyweight Champion and a former United States Champion and a former Intercontinental Champion and a former Universal Champion so this isnít going to be an easy day for Keith Lee...far from it. I may have some issues going on with Roddy, Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish but my only focus for now is winning that title.

Jojo: Last week you won a memorable but grueling battle royal to become the #1 contender but so you think that in two weeks youíll be fully healed for your title match?

KO: what kind of question is that Jojo? Well never mind forget it. Iím ready for Keith Lee, I was ready for him last week...Iíll be ready next week..hell...Iíll be ready at midnight in the parking lot it doesnít matter.

Jojo: Is there any concern about the Undisputed Era once again coming out for your title match?

KO: Iíve made this very clear to Adam and now Iíll make it clear to them and you the fans...I want nothing to do with the Undisputed Era and if they decide to come out and either pretend to be my cheerleaders or interfere in any shape or form then expect me to show them how vicious and violent I can be and that is undisputed.

Before Jojo could ask her next question..Kevin Owens stops her.

KO: Hang on Jojo..speaking of last week and on a more happier note I just want to say that Cedric Alexander put up a hell of a fight. Iíve known him for a very long time and once I win the NXT Heavyweight Title I would be more than happy to face him one on one.

Owens has a smirk on his face.

KO: See you in two weeks Jojo at the celebration party..Iíll be sure you get on the list.

Owens walks out of frame as Jojo informs is that we are heading to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

We come back to NXT and before the commentators could talk about what has happened so far tonight we hear ďNIGHTMAREĒ blasts the PA system as the NXT North American Champion Damien Priest comes out in his usual designer clothes and shades. The champ makes his way down to the ring with the title firmly on his shoulder. He gets in the ring taking in all the cheers from the crowd. A ring crew member hands him the mic as the champ signals for the music to stop.

Priest: Damn....what a match it was last week against Kushida. He really showcased why he is one of the best wrestlers here in NXT today. Nothing to take away from him but I also proved why I am and will prove every single time why Iím the best North American Champion of all time.

Crowd cheers out loud

Priest: And for me to prove that Iím the best I have to take on the absolute best wrestlers here in NXT and my eyes are dead set on Shinsuke Nakamura.

Crowd begin a Nakamura chant

Priest: Yeah man..heís one of the best ever...but the problem I have is the fact that two weeks ago Samoe Joe said that I couldnít have my match with him...well Iím still the champion and he technically won last week against Velveteen Dream so Iím out here issuing a challenge against Shinsuke Nakamura at War Games for my North American Championship!!!

The crowd roar in cheers at this announcement

Priest: so Shinsuke...come out here...shake my hand and letís make this match official.

Instead of getting Shinsuke..ĒDESTROYERĒ Hits the PA system as the NXT GM Samoe Joe comes out in his usual grey business suit. The GM gets into the ring with a mic in hand.

Joe: Look Priest..youíre right...you are one of the best North American Champion ever and itís my job to make sure you face the top talent available here in NXT. Itís my duty to showcase the best matches available.....but...but I also have to make sure that talent do not get injured because it could cause a ton of issues when it comes to presenting the best ppv possible.

Priest: What are you doing Joe? What are you trying to say?

Joe: What Iím trying to say Priest is that I cannot in good conscious put you in a match against Shinsuke Nakamura at War Games for the North American Championship.

The crowd obviously is not happy at hearing this.

Joe: Listen Priest..Iíve known Shinsuke for a very long time and Iíve had my share of battles with him all over the world and here in NXT but......last week I saw a side of him that Iíve never seen before when he broke Velveteen Dreamís jaw. At this point I donít feel comfortable putting one of my champions against him until Iím confident he wonít injure someone else.

Priest: are you being serious Joe? Iím no child...Iím a grown ass man and I donít need anyone trying to ďlook out for me.Ē

Joe: No Priest..Iím not putting you in a match against him...next week Shinsuke Nakamura will go one on one against Dexter Lumis and I need you to take the week off..I donít want you anywhere near Shinsuke...you understand me? And I promise that I will find you an opponent for War Games...listen Priest I appreciate that you want to fight but this is one fight that youíre not ready for.

ďDESTROYERĒ Hits the PA system as Samoe Joe walks out the ring and starts heading to the back as Damien Priest is standing in the center of the ring looking completely frustrated.

A video package airs for AOP with the video ending with AOP is back and ready to write a new chapter in Pain. Beth Phoenix announces that next week AOP will be taking on Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan.

We head to the commentators table with Mauro and Phoenix who are going to call the action on the next match which will be Isaiah Scott taking on the returning Mojo Rawley. We get reminded from last weeks show that Mojo is having issues with the cruiserweight division.

Isaiah ďSwerveĒ Scott vs Mojo Rawley

Mojo is out here with such a different look...he has just some generic blue trunks with matching boots. He has not out here with his usual hype persona. He poses for the crowd looking to get admiration from them but the fans give him nothing but boos. The match starts off with Swerve using his speed to keep his distance. Throughout the match Mojo is focusing on hitting some basic moves like the bodyslam and hip toss. At one point mojo is able to hit a leg drop...cover
    Kick out!
    Straight to a headlock he goes...swerve using the crowds energy to fight out of it and hit a front dropkick...and another one...and once more with another front drop kick...lionsault connects but he doesnít go for the cover because instead he gets mojo up to his feet...off the ropes he goes and he connects with the House Call..cover is made..
    Kick out!
    Up to his feet once more...axe kick connects dropping mojo once more...Swerve up to the top he goes and jumps off looking for the Swerve stomp but mojo moves out the way...the match continues on with Mojo focusing on some old school moves hoping to take his opponent down...back and forth they go and at one point Swerve even hit a jumping ddt but he was too exhausted to go for the cover.
    As the match goes on Mojo is using his strength to hit some powerful moves hoping to injure Swerve even more..he starts taunting the crowd which leads to the crowd yelling at him and hoping Swerve kicks his ass. The match is looking to come to a close when Swerve goes off the ropes...an attempted boot kick is made but he goes right under..his momentum allows Mojo to get a hold of him and throw him over the top..
    Mojo quickly goes to the outside and starts pummeling away with rights and lefts...he throws Swerve back in but before he follows him in he notices a young fan holding a Isaiah Scott sign..he snatches it away and rips it off in front of the fan...the dad gets in front yelling at mojo...instead of continuing the argument he turns around looking to get into the ring but somehow Isaiah Scott dives out with a Suicide dive..the crowd is up on their feet..he takes his opponent back in..he gets Mojo up on his feet..off the ropes he goes and with the quickness Mojo connects with a clothesline from hell..cover is made
    3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner: via pinfall, Mojo Rawley at 7:52

Afterwards Mojo looks down at his opponent before starting to stomp away. The referee is trying to stop him but he gets shoved down. Mojo screams at Scott that this is his house. We head to commercial break with the last image being of Mojo standing tall looking down at his opponent.

Commercial Break

We come back to Jojo who is the designated backstage area where she is set to interview the NXT Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee.

Jojo: Welcome back everyone and Iím here with Keith Lee, the NXT Heavyweight Champion. So we heard earlier from the #1 Contender Kevin Owens on your upcoming Title defense in 2 weeks. What are your thoughts on your challenger?

Lee: Listen...Kevin Owens is one of the best competitors in our business today. It is no question that we will tear the house down in two weeks but donít take my kindness for a sign of weakness because in two weeks I will be going in as NXT Heavyweight Champion and Iíll be going out as the NXT Heavyweight Champion.

Jojo: Any concern on the rumors going around that the Undisputed Era is heavily recruiting Kevin Owens and that they may play a part in your title match against him?

Lee: Just like the Briscoes..if they want to get involved than they will realize why that is a huge mistake and they will come to the realization that they would have made the biggest mistake of their life. In four weeks Iím already going to be inside those steel cages for War Games against the Briscoes and theyíre time to bask in my glory will happen then.

Jojo: Speaking of your War Games match and with Breezango already taking up those two spots..do you have anyone in mind for that fourth spot?

Lee: Well Jojo I actually do and let me just say this right now to Mark and Jay Briscoe. All the drama put aside you two are one of the best tag teams in the world but both of you decided to mess with the wrong man. They continue this trend of trying to ďtoughen me upĒ but they donít realize that once Iím in that ring...Iím a completely different man and come War Games they are going to see a side of me that no one has ever seen....but on a brighter note Jojo I would like to announce the fourth member of my team and that man is......

Before he could finish Austin Theory rudely walks in and faces the camera.

Theory: itís ME! Of course the NXT Champ would go with the Alpha Austin Theory. Yo champ I just want to thank you for coming to your senses and bringing me in.

Lee: Hold on young man...no one ever said you would be a part of my team for War Games. In fact I want you far away from my team.

Theory: Yeah but I figured since Iím the alpha and.....

Lee: Let me stop you right there...so youíre the Alpha?

Lee just laughs historically before walking away....Jojo looks at Austin Theory feeling embarrassed for him before she walks away..

Theory: I donít need any of you...all I need is myself and that camera...

The camera man decides to walk away himself as Austin just stands there looking surprised..we cut back to Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix.

We cut back to the commentators who are set to call the next match which has been building up for weeks now. We get a video package showcasing last week of Io Shirai and Toni Storm challenging Mercedes Martinez and Robert Stone to a tag team match. We also see some dissension between Mercedes, Aliyah and Stone from a few weeks back.

Tag Team Match
    Robert Stone & Mercedes Martinez vs Io Shirai & Toni Storm

The match begins with Storm calling out Robert to start the match but is showing nothing but fear...instead Mercedes starts out the match. It looks like Storm and Io are working great as a duo. On the other end Mercedes is doing all the work while Robert is trying his best to stay out of the match.

On the outside Aliyah is trying to motivate Stone at which point he looks to have gained some confidence and demands a tag. Mercedes has no issues with that and Robert rushes at Io but quickly gets taken out with a spinning whee kick. He comes to the realization that this was a very bad idea and starts crawling back to his corner but Io grabs him by his feet and drags him back into the center of the ring.

Stone tries to give her a ring hoping to buy her off...Io looks really impressed at the ring and throws it to Storm..it looks like Stone has accomplished his goal but instead is met with a suplex followed up with an elbow drop off the second rope...cover is made

Mercedes breaks up the pinfall...

Toni Storm runs in and spears her out of the ring...Io gets Robert Stone back up and connects with a German shutdown suplex...cover

3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner: via pinfall Toni Storm & Io Shirai at 4:59

Afterwards a very obvious and frustrated Mercedes Martinez looks like she is trying to hold back from attacking Robert Stone. In fact even Aliyah came in to try and calm her down. Stone slowly gets up looking completely dazed. Mercedes puts her arm back looking like she is about to punch him but decides to pull back and just leave. Aliyah is in the ring struggling to get Robert Stone up as we head to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

We get brought back and we are in the hallway backstage watching the Undisputed Era talk amongst themselves. We see two people walk past them before stopping and looking back. We noticed itís the Briscoes.

Strong: What are you guys staring at?

Jay just laughs a bit before signaling to his brother to keep walking. strong turns his attention to Bobby Fish.

Strong: Tonight is about making a statement. This is your moment to shine and showcase why Undisputed Era runs NXT.

FIsh: Oh trust me I got this handled.

Strong: Thatís right you do...letís go do this. Both of you go out there and show them why you two are former champions.

Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish continue walking down the hallway as we head to ringside to hear Mauro and Beth talk about tonightís main event.

In what could be a preview of potential title match we get word that tonightís main event will have their respect partners at ringside.

Triple Threat Match
    Tyler Breeze w/Fandango vs Bobby Fish w/Kyle OíReilly vs Mark Briscoe w/Jay Briscoe

All three competitors stand in their corners looking to size each other up. The crowd is leaning on their seats expecting to see a tough battle between all three superstars. The bell rings and the action is underway. Immediately Tyler goes after Mark Briscoe...Bobby Fish stays back a bit letting the fight continue before deciding to pull Tyler off and quickly go for a roll up
    Kick out!!!!
    Fish with an Irish whip to Tyler who jumps over Fish but gets caught with a belly to belly suplex by Mark Briscoe..at this point Mark notices Bobby Fish and fans are on their feet remembering their long history between both tag teams...they get face to face talking trash..the fans are getting excited and seeing this feud once more but the trash talking stops as Tyler Breeze comes flying from the top rope with a double cross body knocking both of them down.
    The fans are a bit disappointed but is quickly excited to see such an amazing dive by Tyler. The match goes on with all three competitors going back and forth with no one taking full control. At one point Jay Briscoe tries to distract the ref but gets pulled down by Fandango who starts going back and forth in a shouting match. Fish, OíReilly and Mark join in the argument. The distraction allows Tyler Breeze to go up to the top rope and hit an amazing moonsault knocking everyone out. The fans start a Holy Sh*t chant at what they just witnessed.
    The ref has no idea on what to do. Tyler is the first man up and he drags Bobby Fish back into the ring...the cover is made
    Kick out!!!!!
    Tyler canít believe it...he gets his opponent back up and sets him up at the top of the rope..he attempts a superplex but it gets blocked...at this point Mark Briscoe gets back in and he gets under Tyler and a super superplex is connected and all three superstars are down. Mark slowly crawls over and puts an arm over Tyler
    Kick out!!!
    Mark puts his arm over Bobby Fish instead...
    Kick out!!!
    On the outside Jay Briscoe is yelling at his brother to focus up again. The match goes on with Mark working on Tylerís arm hoping to lock in an armbar...he even hits a modified arm breaker but doesnít get a chance to go for the cover because Bobby Fish hits a sweep on the leg and kicks Mark to the outside...he gets Tyler up and hits a gut buster followed up by a falcon arrow...the assault doesnít stop because he gets Tyler up again and connects with multiple kick variations followed up with a Cross arm breaker...cover
    Kick out!!!
    Fish continues the attack but Breeze is able to fight back and gain control of the match. The action continues while Mark is still on the outside recovering. Several moves are hit on Fish until Mark slides back in and tries to steal a victory with a roll up on Tyler but immediately it gets reserved which allows Tyler to hit a superkick...Fish rushes in and he gets a superkick of his own...the crowd is erupting in cheers as Tyler goes to the top rope..a flying elbow drop connects to Fish but he isnít done there...he whips Mark to the corner and charges with a spear driving his opponent deep in the corner...it looks like Breeze may be picking up the win..he hooks up Mark to go for a powerbomb but it gets reversed...ddt brings down one of the half tag team champions...Mark starts attacking Tylerís arm...he hooks on armbar...he pulls back even tighter but Tyler is refusing to tap...
    The crowd cheers him on hoping he reaches for the ropes but he is just too far but just before he could tap Bobby Fish breaks up the submission...he throws Mark to the outside once more...it is obvious that each competitor is trying to pin one half of the tag team champions...the end is coming near with Mark planting Tyler with a gorilla press double knee breaker..on the outside Kyle is getting hyped at the match ending right now...before he could go for the cover Mark Briscoe runs in and hits Fish with an inverted Death Valley driver..
    He doesnít go for the cover and instead puts Tyler on his shoulder hoping to finish him off but Tyler fights out of it...whip to the ropes he goes...Mark misses a clothesline and gets smacked in the face with the Beauty Shot..Fish is back up and charges but he also gets smacked with the Beauty Shot....before he could go for the cover Kyle OíReilly and Jay Briscoe are both up on the apron trying to distract the ref but Fandango comes from behind and yanks both of them down hitting the corner of the ring face first...Tyler goes for the cover on Bobby Fish
    3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner: via pinfall, Tyler Breeze at 14:59

After the match Fandango runs in and hugs Tyler on getting a huge win. The crowd are on their feet cheering out loud. That joy quickly ends as Mark and Jay Briscoe get into the ring and stare down the tag team champions. It doesnít take long before Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish get in there and now there is a standoff between all three tag teams. The crowd is hyped to see this potential fight. All of a sudden Fish, OíReilly and the Briscoes turn to face Breezango all at the same time. The champs are confused at whatís going on and before they could react Undisputed Era and the Briscoes start attacking Fandango and Tyler Breeze. A double superkick by Undisputed Era to Fandango knocks him out...a Doomsday Device takes out Tyler Breeze. The crowd is stunned!

Jay signals for a mic and snatches it from a ringside crew member.

Jay: Keith...champ...say hello to my team for War Games!

The crowd is stunned at the news.

Jay: In four weeks itís going to be The Briscoes and these two bad asses...Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish taking you and Breezango. I hope you found yourself a good fourth member for your team because for one night only Mark and myself will become....undisputed! Youíre move chump.....

Jay drops the mic and the crowd is stunned at the news that the Briscoes have chosen Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish to join them for the War Games match against Keith Lee, Breezango and another superstar to be named at a later time. The show comes to an end as this unholy alliance stand tall over the tag team champions.

NXT Takeover: War Games Card
    So far....

War Games Match
    Keith Lee, Breezango & ??? Vs The Briscoes & Undisputed Era

Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

Hey man, I wanted to return the favor for the feedback you've given out to me. I will preface it by saying my knowledge of NXT is super, duper limited as I don't watch the product.

I can comment on the format though. I'm on board with the bigger font because in my old age it definitely makes it easier to read, lol. I'm not a fan of all the underlining of the descriptive paragraphes though. I'd stick with just the italics as the underlines is a bit hard on the eyes, at least in my opinion.

I also do like the decision to bring in some familiar faces like Kevin Owens to ramp up some star power. I am a fan of treating NXT more like a third brand than a minor, so bringing in more guys like KO makes it feel more legit, at least to someone more casual like me.

And I'm always on board some War Games!

Overall, seems like a pretty solid start you have here and most importantly it seems like you are enjoying it so keep it up!

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dubb View Post
    Hey man, I wanted to return the favor for the feedback you've given out to me. I will preface it by saying my knowledge of NXT is super, duper limited as I don't watch the product.

I can comment on the format though. I'm on board with the bigger font because in my old age it definitely makes it easier to read, lol. I'm not a fan of all the underlining of the descriptive paragraphes though. I'd stick with just the italics as the underlines is a bit hard on the eyes, at least in my opinion.

I also do like the decision to bring in some familiar faces like Kevin Owens to ramp up some star power. I am a fan of treating NXT more like a third brand than a minor, so bringing in more guys like KO makes it feel more legit, at least to someone more casual like me.

And I'm always on board some War Games!

Overall, seems like a pretty solid start you have here and most importantly it seems like you are enjoying it so keep it up!
    thank you so much for the comments and even though you’re not too familiar with the brand I hope that I’m able to showcase their personalities through here so you can see what they are all about.

i definitely want to make NXT a 3rd brand and there is so many stories that could be told with KO and Nakamura with all those new superstars.

Chikara Trainee

Status

NXT

09/30/2020

We fade in to the NXT opening credits along with a quick recap from last weeks show. We are shown a clip of the Briscoes announcing Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish as their partners for the War Games match happening in 3 weeks. The video ends with the Briscoes telling Keith Lee that itís his move now.

We get a shot of the ring here in Full Sail with a packed house as the fans are all chanting ďNXT.Ē Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix welcomes us to another edition of the hottest wrestling show in the world today. Beth informs us that tonightís main event will be the NXT Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee taking on Kushida in what should be a classic bout. Mauro says that this will definitely be a main event to remember but first to start the show will be Dakota Kai defending the Womenís Championship against one of her oldest rivals Tegan Knox.

We are shown some clips of their long history together as friends before Dakota Kai turned her back and injured Tegan Knox last year at Takeover: War Games. Itís been almost a year since this rivalry began and we will now witness the next chapter in this rivalry and this time for the NXT Womenís Championship. Beth Phoenix is questioning whether Tegan Knox has what it takes to conquer the champion who has Raquel Gonzalez at ringside protecting her at every possible moment.

[CHICANE BOYS]

And the challenger comes out to tons of cheers from the crowd. Tegan Knox is all smiles waving to the crowd while making his way down to the ring. She jogs up the steps looking confident in her title match coming up. Tegan goes to the corner and settles in watching the entrance ramp waiting for the champion to come out.

[KOMBAT]

Dakota Kai comes out with a huge smile on her face and the belt around her waist. She is coming out with her usual wrestling gear and braided her. She struts into the ring feeling completely confident on whatís about to happen. Not too far away behind is Raquel Gonzalez who is looking like she wants to tear someoneís head off. She is out with a completely black attire and arms folded. A bodyguard who is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her client from ever losing that prestigious belt around her waist. The champion gets up to the second rope completely ignoring her challenger while raising the belt and talking smack to a portion of the crowd who are yelling at her.

NXT Womenís Championship
    Dakota Kai (c) w/Raquel Gonzalez vs Tegan Knox

We all know the history between these two competitors and we are getting another chapter in this rivalry. Both superstars circle the ring settling on what their individual game plan is. They lock up and test their strength. Kai wants nothing to do with it because she instantly kicks Tegan in the stomach dropping her opponent to one knee. The action goes on with Kai beating down her opponent while taunting her and running her mouth.

The beat down came to an end after Knox delivered a mean right hook dazing her opponent. The tables have turned and Knox is the one in charge of the match delivering multiple clotheslines followed by a stiff drop kick knocking the champ out to ringside. Raquel almost appeared wanting to intervene but the ref was there to stop it. The distraction allows Kai to come out and roll up her opponent...cover

No wait kick out at the last milli-second. The crowd is stunned thinking that the match was over but it has just begun. The match continues on with Knox working on the knee of Kai, the same knee she injured last year and almost costed her wresting career. A single leg crab is applied....Kai is desperately trying to crawl to the ropes...inching away but Knox pulls her back into the center of the ring...itís looking really close for the champ to tap out but Raquel decides to get on the apron distracting the referee...at this point Kai is tapping but the ref canít see it..

This infuriates Tegan Knox who gets up and delivers a drop kick to the knee of Raquel causing her face to bounce off the apron. A decision comes to the mind of Knox on what she is going to do next and she comes up with the idea to go up to the top rope. She dives looking for a moonsault but Kai rolls out the way and applies the cross face...Tegan tries to roll side to side and after a while she succeeds and rolls up the champ out of nowhere...cover

Kick out!

The crowd is on their feet showing appreciation to both competitors who are battling in this amazing match. Tegan to the top once more and she dives for a headbutt....this time it connects...instead of going for the cover she gets the champ up and delivers some strong looking lefts and rights...off the ropes the champ goes and a quick takedown to a chokehold sto is applied...the champ has no where to go...she slowly tries to crawl to the ropes..Knox decides to put her foot up and pushes the rope away trying to just hurt Kai at this point...the ref immediately makes the count yelling at Knox to release the hold..

The ref warns her as you can see some frustration build up on the challenger. She gets the champion up to her feet and looks to deliver a swinging neck breaker but it gets reverse and Kai delivers a scorpion kick...one more kick for good measure...she goes for the GTK (Go to Kick) but it gets blocked...once more over her shoulders and somehow knox reverses it into a Samoan drop...she calls for the end and decides to go up to the top once more...

Kai is holding the ref using him as a shield..this distraction allows Raquel to get on the apron and push Knox off the top as she slams hard into the ring...Kai gets her opponent up and this time sheís able to connect with the GTK...Cover is made

3...................and itís over!

Winner: via pinfall, Dakota Kai and STILL Womenís Champion at 13:55

Afterwards Dakota slowly gets up on her feet. Raquel needed to assist her but once the champ was up she held the title up high before giving Knox one more good stomp before leaving and yelling at the fans that she told them so. Beth Phoenix lets us know that we are going backstage to Jojo who is set to interview the Prince Finn BŠlor.

~~~Jojo~~~
    An amazing match we just witnessed between Dakota Kai and Tegan Knox but Iím here now with the Prince Finn BŠlor. A few weeks ago you came up short in the battle royal match for a shot at the NXT Heavyweight Championship. Everyone wants to know whatís next for the Prince?

~~~Finn Balor~~~~
    Yeah, I did lose that match but Iím no where close to stopping until I reach my goal and become the NXT Heavyweight Champion once again. This was a loss that I need to learn from and accept it but I will come back and I wonít stop until I reach my goal. To answer your question Jojo whatís next for me? Iím going to be watching the NXT Heavyweight Title match next week very closely between Keith Lee and Kevin Owens.

BŠlor gets more intense in his voice.

~~~Finn Balor~~~
    I respect the hell out of both of them and whoever wins it would be an honor to face them. Iíve had my battle with Kevin Owens here in NXT and Keith Lee is someone who Iíve watched at EVOLVE for a very long time so I would love to face him as well and create some new memories.

~~~Jojo~~~
    We did receive word just moments ago that next week youíll be teaming up with Breezango to take on all three members of the Undisputed Era. Thoughts on your match?

~~~Finn Balor~~~
    Roddy, Fish and OíReilly have been a thorn on my side for the longest and this is my opportunity to get revenge on them for costing me my match against Kevin Owens weeks ago. The prince never forgets but he does seek revenge. Speaking of the Undisputed Era I think that this is the right opportunity to make an announcement but I have someone who will do that for me...

BŠlor looks to his right side and Keith Lee appears to a huge roar of cheers from the crowd.

~~~Keith Lee~~~
    Jay and Mark Briscoe...you two gentleman created an amazing dream team last week for War Games when you announced that Bobby Fish and Kyle OíReilly, former NXT Tag Team Champions would be joining you for the War Games match....well my team just gained a Prince. In 3 weeks it will be Keith Lee, Breezango and Finn BŠlor stepping into War Games. Jay and Mark, you two have made a very grave mistake by attacking me at the last Takeover event and come War Games all of you including the Undisputed Era will bask in my glory.

~~~Finn Balor~~~
    And that is undisputed....

Lee fist pumps Finn BŠlor before they both walk away with huge smiles on their face as we head to the first commercial break of the night.

Commercial Break

We are brought back to Mauro Ranello letting us know that coming up is a very special announcement from Tommaso Ciampa. Beth steps in and reminds us that last week Ciampa went into Samoa Joeís office saying that this was it. No idea on what that could be but will find out coming up next.

[NO ONE WILL SURVIVE]

Tommaso Ciampa come out with a very disappointing look in his face. He comes down to the ring with dark jeans, black military boots and a cutoff sleeve AC/DC t-shirt on. Ciampa is handed a mic by a ring crew member before settling in the center of the ring absorbing all the cheers from the crowd. Ciampa puts the mic up ready to speak but the cheers continue which causes him to pause and thank the crowd. He signals for them to settle down as he prepares himself to make the biggest announcement of his life. You can see he is trying to keep his composure.

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    15 years in this business. Damn...time does fly doesnít it. I just want to thank every single one of you fans who either cheered or booed me. It meant the world to me that I was able to come out here every week and entertain all you fans. You know I remember being trained by the great Killer Kowalski and I learned so much from him. He made me who I am today and without his training who knows where I would be right now so thank you for everything you taught me. I have so many wonderful memories in this business whether it was wrestling in front of two fans or wrestling in an arena with thousands of fans. Some of the motors I had was learning how to wrestle to learning how to cut a promo. You know itís funny around that time I was even in the ring with the legend himself the deadman..the Undertaker. I remember how damn scared I was to be in that ring.

Undertaker chants come flowing from the entire crowd while Ciampa letís out a chuckle.

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    At that point I didnít think it would get any better than being in the ring with him. I was living my dream back in 2007 but then I was released by the WWE and Iím not going to lie..I had moments that came into my mind that maybe it was time to hang them up and call it a day. I didnít think that I would ever be good enough to wrestle for this company. I didnít have anyone in my life at that point except for a good friend of mine...you may know him as Samoa Joe...he helped me get back on track.

A ďJoe, Joe, JoeĒ chant begin..

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    I owe a lot to him...in fact I even met my wife because of him so thank you Joe for everything youíve done for me. You know years and years go by after that moment and I end up in a place called NXT and from there I was in a tag team with Johnny Gargano called DIY. The battles I had with him and against him were legendary and even if we donít see eye to eye he will always be my brother to the very end....I remember the day I won the NXT Heavyweight Championship and that made all those struggles, all those blood, sweat and tears worth it..I was at the top of my game and I didnít think I would ever fall of that mountain because Iíve already gone through all the struggles and made it out on top.....but with all those amazing memories Iíve had there some bad ones as well..one thing that isnít shocking is the fact that Iíve been dealing with knee injuries for years now...each time I worked my ass off to get back and climb that mountain to get Goldie back...

Ciampa looks like he wants to tear up a bit but he holds back.

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~~
    Sorry....anyways I start climbing back up to the top and each time I get re-injured...this year I could have sworn that I wouldnít have to deal with this crap again and I could feel that high again on being on top of this business but when I had my match against the Briscoes and I teamed with Keith Lee...once again my knee was giving out..that didnít stop me because I had another chance to get Goldie back in the battle royal match and again my knee went...well...

Ciampa collects his thoughts and pauses for a second..

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~~
    well I went to go get it checked out for precautionary reasons and weíll I was told that I needed to stop wrestling before it could get any worse and possibly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life..

The whole crowd is stunned at this news.

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    Iím not going to lie but hearing thar news literally broke me....but itís okay because I did have a lot of great memories in this business but Iím not going to finish my career in a battle royal match because I did get approved enough for one more match after I let it heal...the timeframe is about 2 weeks or so and I figured what a way to end my career but at the next Takeover event in front of thousands of fans once more.

A thank you Ciampa chant comes from the crowd

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    I thought long and hard about who I want to face for my last match and Iím an old school type of guy who are all about paying it forward and so I decided why not go with the man who eliminated me in the battle royal match and is the future of this brand in my opinion..so come out here and I hope you accept my challenge..Cedric Alexander!

[WONíT LET GO]

Cedric Alexander comes out looking a bit sad at the news he just heard. He comes out out wearing his gear and official Cedric NXT shirt now on sale at wwe.com. Cedric makes his way down to the ring looking completely devastated at what he just head. He rolls into the ring and immediately gives Ciampa a huge hug while the crowd are on their feet cheering for both superstars. They take a few moments before Cedric backs off holding back tears. Ciampa hands him the mic and tells him itís okay.

~~~~~Cedric Alexander~~~~~
    Youíre a true pioneer for so many guys out here man. We go back to the days of ROH and look at everything youíve accomplished. The fact that youíre even wanting to have your last match against me and hearing your kind words means a lot to me, more than you can ever imagine and It would be an honor to be your last opponent and I accept your challenge for Takeover. I just want you to know that even though this is going to be your last match I wonít be holding back because you deserve for me to wrestle to the best of abilities. Also thank you for this honor Ciampa...I will never forget this.

Ciampa asks for the mic once more.

~~~~~Tommaso Ciampa~~~~~
    Listen kid, youíre an amazing talent and youíre going to do a lot of great things in this business and it would be my honor to face the future of NXT for my last match.

Cedric smiles and gives Ciampa another hug. No one will SurviveĒ hits the PA system as Ciampa raises Cedric arm high up while the crowd once again start a Thank you Ciampa chant. We head to commercial break with Cedric leaving the ring and letting Tommaso Ciampa soak in all the cheers from the crowd.

Commercial Break

We come back with Mauro and Beth talking about the sad news after Takeover Tommaso Ciampa will no longer be a part of NXT. Next we get a review about the destruction that AOP caused a few weeks ago when they attacked Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. The one thing both commentators noticed that once James Ellering came back into the picture the Authors of Pain look like they are in a mission to run down the tag team division once again.

[COMBATIVE]

Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch make their way out in their black and grey wrestling gear. The crowd is cheering them on knowing that they have a huge challenge ahead of them. You can tell in their eyes that this is going to be a tough battle but will not quit. Both stars make their way up the ring and to their respective corners raising their arms high up trying to get pumped up.

[PAIN]

Paul Ellering is the first one out with the crowd in complete awe as they see AOP come out in their military based ring gear and some terrifying looking grey masks. Akam and Rezar removes them and throws them to the side while their eyes are dead set at their opponents. All three walk down the ramp with Ellering having his hands behind his back with a complete confident walk. Ellering orders for AOP to get into the ring and in almost a military style walk they go up the steel steps and into the ring showcasing their massives arms as they flex to the crowd.

Tag Team Match
    Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs AOP w/Paul Ellering

Burch and Lorcan look fully aware at the challenge they have in front of them. Akam and Lorcan start the match up and while Lorcan tries to lock up...Akam wants nothing to do with it and instead drives his heavy body shoving Lorcan to the corner and the beating begins. He throws Lorcan to his corner getting the tag on Rezar...the duo deliver a vicious double spine buster....the cover is made

But wait Burch breaks up the pinfall...all chaos breaks out and both teams are in the ring going back and forth...the referee tries his best to keep order....Danny Burch gets thrown over the top rope slamming his face hard at ringside...back in the ring Lorcan gets thrown off the ropes as Akam back body drops him before being caught with Rezar who hits him with a powerbomb....cover is made

It didnít take too long for AOP to pick up a huge win over an established tag team.

Winners: via pinfall, AOP at 3:32

Afterwards Paul Ellering gets in the ring and stops AOP from continuing the assault on Lorcan and Burch. Mauro Ranello comments that he has no idea what tag team would be able to stand up against AOP and wonders who their next victims will be.

We get a video package of the rivalry between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong. It starts with Strong costing Cole his match against Pat McaFee at the last Takeover event. It leads to the weeks of back and forth attacks between both superstars. The video goes on to show the passionate promo Roderick Strong cut last week and them agreeing to a match at Takeover War Games. We go back to Beth Phoenix who announces that next week will be the contract signing between both men and Triple H will be the one who will make this signing official. We go to commercial break with both commentators wondering what can happen when Adam Cole and Roderick Strong are standing in the same ring together.

Commercial Break

We come back as the commentators are discussing the next match which is highly anticipated..it will be Shinsuke Nakamura taking on Dexter Lumis. We are reminded that two weeks ago Shinsuke Nakamura broke Velveteen Dream jaw with the Kinshasa move. In an update Velveteen will be out of action for at least two months but no word if he would even be able to wrestle going forward after that.

[HUMAN SCIENCE EXPERIMENT]

Dexter Lumis is out with a very cold look in his face showing absolutely no emotion. The crowd is up on their feet chanting his name. Lumis goes down the ramp and slides into the ring. He immediately looks back into the entrance waiting for his opponent to come out. Lumis is seeking some revenge for what Shinsuke Nakamura did to his ďfriendĒ Velveteen Dream a few weeks back.

[RISING SUN]

The crowd immediately is up on their feet to get a look at the King of Strong Style Shinsuke Nakamura! He comes out to a huge ovation from the crowd who sing along to his theme song while he does his usual antics down to the ring. He looks calm more than ever as he goes up the ramp and enter the ring. Lumis is in the corner just watching his opponent with a cold stare. Nakamura taunts Lumis a bit before the referee tells him to back off until the match begins.

Dexter Lumis vs Shinsuke Nakamura

The bell rings and Lumis is keeping his distance remembering what Nakamura did to Velveteen Dream a few weeks ago. Lumis goes for the lock up but Nakamura ducks under and hits his opponent with a stiff kick to the gut followed by several knee shots to the back..a snap German suplex is followed up by a stomp on Lumis hand. The match goes on with Lumis able to throw in some offense but it just isnít enough to keep Nakamura down.

A suplex from the ring to the outside by Lumis is able to stun Nakamura who lands hard to the outside...this is Lumis moment to gain control of the match who attempts a suicide dive but is caught with a dropkick by Nakamura. The crowd is amazed at what they just witnessed. The King of Strong Style gets his opponent up and delivers a snap suplex into the steel ramp before throwing him back in the ring. He immediately locks in a headlock which led to Nakamura being in control of the match.

The match goes on with Lumis doing his best to beat down his opponent hoping to put a stop to his opponent. The closer he would get to ending the match the farther it seemed because Nakamura would kick out at every pinfall attempt made. Lumis would get one more opportunity to get a surprisingly win when he somehow was able to stop the assault and connect with a fireman carry face buster...he isnít done though as he hits Nakamura with a overhead belly to belly...cover is made

Kick out!!!

Lumis is showing some emotion for the first time ever wondering what he has to do. The match goes on before Nakamura was able to hit his opponent with a tornado ddt before signaling for the end...he stalks his opponent from the corner...Lumis is up and WHAAAMM...KINSHASA connects...cover

The match has come to end and almost instantly Lumis is covering his face as some blood is seen sneaking through his fingers.

Winner: via pinfall, Shinsuke Nakamura at 6:05

After the match Lumis signals to the referee who comes over and checks on him. Itís obvious that Lumis is holding his face as blood is coming out of his mouth. In that moment the North American Champion Damien Priest comes out to confront Shinsuke. The champ gets into the ring and goes face to face with Shinsuke.

We notice Samoa Joe and officials come from the back and into the ring immediately. Joe steps in between both competitors while the officials go check on Dexter Lumis. We can hear Joe screaming at Priest to leave but he is refusing. Shinsuke is seen mouthing something at the champ who snaps and charges at Nakamura. Both men start going back and forth while Joe and some of the officials are trying to pull them apart...Nakamura is able to sneak past before being shoved hard by Priest into the ropes...Nakamura bounces off and teases hitting Priest with the Kinshasa but stops before he could connect...Priest has a shocked looked in his face almost showing some fear of being hit..Joe finally is able to gain control of the situation and has security come out to force Damien priest to leave. We immediately cut to a video package while order is being restored.

In the video package we see the rivalry between the Briscoes against Keith Lee and Breezango. We are shown their debut at the last Takeover event when they attacked Keith Lee after retaining the NXT Heavyweight Championship against Karrion Kross. We then go to them attacking Breezango after winning the NXT Tag Team Titles against Imperium. The video ends with the Briscoes calling out Keith Lee and announcing that Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish will be their partners at War Games.
    We are back with Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix who talk about the bitter rivalry going on for over a month now. Mauro reminds us that next week it will be Finn BŠlor and Breezango taking on all three members of the Undisputed Era. A commercial break is underway while we see medical officials put Dexter Lumis in a stretcher and taking him to the back.

Commercial Break

From commercial break we are taken backstage to see Shotzi Blackheart talking to Nikki Cross.

~~Nikki Cross~~
    Iíve been trying to call you for weeks now..why havenít you answered your phone?

~Shotzi Blackheart~~
    Listen Nikki...we had a great tag team match and even though we won Iím not sure if this is something I want to do. I came to NXT to become the Womenís Champion.

~~Nikki Cross~~
    I completely understand but Iím talking about making history and making an impact. Iím talking about working together and becoming the Womenís Tag Team Champions and holding those titles here in NXT so that way we are noticed and no longer left in the dark.

~Shotzi Blackheart~~
    It sounds amazing but you know that here in NXT we rarely get opportunities to even wrestle for those tag titles.

~~Nikki Cross~~
    I know that but after talking with Samoa Joe we came to an agreement and I think youíre going to like it.

Shotzi shows a hint of interest..

~~Nikki Cross~~
    So next week we are going to be in another tag team match and if we win I was told that we would be getting a shot at the Womenís Tag Team Titles.

~~Shotzi Blackheart~~
    No way!?! Oh my God thatís amazing...so who do we have to face?

~~Nikki Cross~~
    Well thatís the issue...

~~Shotzi Blackheart~~
    Come on Nikki this was your idea..who are our opponents next week?

~~Nikki Cross~~
    ...........Io Shirai and Toni Storm.

~~Shotzi Blackheart~~
    What the fu.....

Before she could finish Shotzi furiously walks away with Nikki Cross trying to calm her down.

Back at ringside Beth Phoenix is shocked to hear the news that next week Nikki Cross and Shotzi Blackheart will take on Toni Storm and Io Shirai..the winner will challenge for the Womenís Tag Team Championship. Mauro says that this is a huge matchup but coming up next will be the El Legado del Fantasma taking on Samir and Sunil Singh. We get reminded that Santos Escobar has been having some issues with Kalisto in regards to the Cruiserweight Title and bringing honor to their heritage.

[VIBE WITH ME]

Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde come out to a chorus of boos from the crowd. The champ stands front and center raising the belt not caring what the crowd thinks of him. The trio make their way to the ring with Wilde and Wilde ready for a match while Santos is in a very fancy navy blue suite. Santos continues taunting the crowd while his two follows are up on the second rope looking ready for a fight.

[BOLLYWOOD BREAKDOWN]

Samir and Sunil Singh are out to a lukewarm welcome back from the crowd. The brothers are ready with their flashy gear on and looking to dance. Back in the ring El Legado de Fantasma are staring a whole through them while the brothers dance their way into the ring having no care in the world.

El Legado de Fantasma vs Samir & Sunil Singh

At ringside Santos Escobar is directing orders to Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde. The match begins with Wilde beating down Samir. The brothers have very little chance to get much offense and when they did it only infuriated Wilde and Mendoza. In the end Wilde is able to knock Samir out with an amazing looking headlock takedown throwing him to the outside. In the ring Mendoza connects with a Frankenstein to Sunil which gets followed up by a 450 splash by Wilde...Mendoza goes for the cover on Sunil
    The outcome wasnít too surprising to the fans but they do realize how dominate this tag team could be.

Winners: via pinfall, Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde at 3:10

Afterwards Santos Escobar enters the ring while Mendoza and Wilde kick their opponents out of the ring. Santos has a mic in hand.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    Like Iíve been saying since winning this title I run this division and Iím creating a new path when it comes to Luchador wrestling and thatís my path. Kalisto you think that youíre a man of honor? Far from it....in fact youíre nothing but another luchador who thinks that by wearing that mask youíre bringing honor. Youíre not because all that mask does is keep you in line. I donít follow Kalisto....Iím a leader and a leader chooses the path.

The crowd boos at hearing this.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    But Iíve come to realize that I havenít gotten the respect from the rest of the wrestlers in the division and I need to beat the respect out of them and Iím starting with you Kalisto. Iím challenging you at Takeover War Games for my title and when I win that match I will be more than happy to extend my hand and you can join my crusade and be one of my followers. Iíll see you soon Kalisto.

Santos Escobar drops the mic and raises the cruiserweight title up high. Out of nowhere Mojo Rawley comes running down to ringside and starts beating Samir and Sunil....he slams them to the barricade while Santos is just confused but laughing at whatís going on...he signals for Fantasma to leave while Mojo continues the assault. We go to commercial break with Mojo staring both Samir and Unil down.

Commercial Break

And we are back with Jojo who is set to interview ĎThe Alphaí Austin Theory.

~~Jojo~~
    Welcome back everyone and Austin...due to orders from Samoa Joe who said that you demanded this interview.

~~Austin Theory~~
    No no no...I didnít demand it because this was offered to me.

~~Jojo~~
    Okaaay...anyways last week you offered Keith Lee the opportunity for you to be the fourth member of his team for War Games but as seen earlier he announced Finn BŠlor would be his fourth and final member. Your thoughts?

~~Austin Theory~~
    Itís okay because Keith Lee will realize what a huge mistake he made and heíll be crawling back to me...

~~Jojo~~
    (in a low voice) sure he will....

~~Austin Theory~~
    Excuse me Jojo did you say something?

~~Jojo~~
    (surprised) oh no nothing.

~~Austin Theory~~
    Anyways...as I was saying he will realize what a huge mistake he has made but till then I need to show the NXT universe what a gem they have in the Alpha Austin Theory! So after arguing...I mean discussing with Samoa Joe I would like to announce that starting next week I will be holding a Alpha Invitational. You see this invitational is for young talent who are looking to make a name for themselves but what stands out compared to other invitationals is the fact that only wrestlers who have a rich history of wrestling in their families would be allowed to participate.

~~Jojo~~
    So like who?

~~Austin Theory~~
    Donít interrupt the Alpha...anyways as the Alpha Iím a first generation wrestler so I want to prove a point and defeat all these legendary families so people can see just how amazing I am and that starts next week. Who is going to be my opponent? It doesnít matter because Iím going to bury every single one of those wrestlers who got a free pass into this business and I will showcase why I am the Alpha.

Austin Theory smirks at Jojo before walking away. We get taken back to the commentators table where Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix speculate what he means by taking out family legacies.

ďKombatĒ blasts the PA system as the NXT Womenís Champion Dakota Kai comes out with a huge smile on her face and Raquel Gonzalez walking right behind her. The champ walks down to the ring taunting the crowd before settling in the ring. Kai orders Raquel to get her a mic which he does and hands it to the champ.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    I told you all that Iím going to be your NXT Womenís Champion for a very long time. Earlier tonight Tegan Knox thought that she was going to win this title?

Kai laughs at the crowd

~~Dakota Kai~~
    You guys are hilarious for even questioning it. You guys are such clowns but Itís okay I do forgive you all but next time when I say that this title will be over my shoulder forever...you better bank on it. So now with Takeover coming up whatís next Raquel? I donít think anyone is ready for me but I am required to defend my title so if anyone has the guts to face me for this title then come on out and face me but just know that you have absolutely zero chance to win this title.

Kai is mocking the crowd waiting for a potential challenger.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    Thatís exactly what I tho....

ďNumber OneĒ hits the PA system...the crowd cheer at the sight of Mia Yim coming out with a bandana over her face and mic in hand..she lowers her bandana.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    What are you doing here Mia?

~~Mia Yim~~
    Iím out here to challenge you for that title.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    You havenít done anything to earn this title and in fact you werenít even in the #1 contenders match because no one expects you to ever win this title...even if I wasnít the champion.

Kai just points and laugh at Mia Yim.

~~Mia Yim~~
    Go ahead and laugh Kai but after you and Raquel interrupted my match last week and kicked me out of the ring like trash you pissed off the wrong b in this place.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    Listen Mia I know your boyfriend is having some issues with the Briscoes and has a title defense next week so why donít you go back there and be a good housewife.

~~Mia Yim~~
    Housewife huh? Well if youíre that confident why not face me at Takeover for that title so I can show the world in a big stage on why I am the HBIC and why I will become the next Womenís Champion.

~~Dakota Kai~~
    You know what Mia Iím in a fantastic mood right now so how about this...I accept......under one condition. Next week if you can win a singles match Iíll give you a title match at Takeover. All you have to do is defeat Raquel Gonzalez.

The crowd is shocked at hearing this.

~~Mia Yim~~
    Just know that once I best Raquel next week...that title is coming to me.

ďNumber OneĒ hits the PA system with Mia Yim giving Dakota Kai a cold stare. We head to commercial break with Kai taunting Mia while raising the Womenís Title up high.

Commercial Break

We come back to Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix who are preparing us for the main event. It will be the NXT Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee taking one one of the most talented superstars in NXT....Kushida. They both wonder if Lee would be able to stay focus in this match when he has the Briscoes and his title defense next week against Kevin Owens in his mind.

[RED STAR]

Kushida is out in his usual back to the future gear with the crowd fully behind him as they cheer as loud as possible. He jogs down into the ring slapping hands with the crowd while still having a very confident look in his face knowing exactly what a huge opportunity he has in this match. He slides into the ring and up the corner looking out at the whole crowd.

[LIMITLESS]

The NXT Heavyweight Champion Keith Lee makes his way out to a roar of cheers from the crowd. The champ is looking like he is ready for battle. He makes his way down looking straight ahead at his opponent knowing exactly what his goal is. He raises the belt up high at the corner showing the crowd the biggest prize here in NXT.

Main Event
    Non-Title Match
    Keith Lee (c) vs Kushida

The bell rings and the fans settle in expecting to see a classic match. Lee goes to lock hands but Kushida ducks under...another attempt to lock hands and once again Kushida goes under but this time he starts going for the kicks but Lee is absorbing the kicks showcasing that he wonít be easy to take out. Off the ropes Kushida goes..attempted clothesline by the champ and he misses..Kushida with a spinning wheel kick rocks the champ..off the ropes once more and he goes for the cross body..this time lee is able to catch him and slam him hard into the mat the cover is made

2....kick out!

The match goes on with Kushida doing his best to avoid getting caught by Lee which causes the champ to show some frustration. Little by little Kushida is doing his best to work on Keith Leeís back. At one point Kushida is looking to lock in the Kushida Lock but Lee isnít weaken enough as he powers through...lifting his opponent before dropping him with the side slam back breaker...Lee looks to finish this off as he goes up to the top rope...the crowd is in awe of what they are about to see..he dives attempting the moonsault but Kushida barely is able to move out the way...

The champ lands hard holding his ribs...Kushida takes advantage hitting Lee with a jumping double knee strike that causing the champ to almost fall flat in the ring..off the ropes Kushida goes as he connects with the handspring back elbow..still nothing...He collects himself before hitting Lee with a vicious buzzsaw kick and this time it lays out the champ on his back...to the top he goes for a corkscrew moonsault..cover

Kick out at the very last second! The match continues on before being taken to the outside after Lee is able to back body drop his opponent to the outside..the ref starts the count and when it gets to three Kushida is slowly getting up..in a surprising move Lee dives over the top for a suicide dive..this lets out a huge holy sh*t chant from the crowd with both competitors down for the count. It tooks some time before the match goes back into the ring and this time itís Keith Lee in control.

Back and forth they go as the fans are shocked that Kushida has been able to keep up in the match even though there is a huge size difference. Kushida attempts several chops but itís only able to push the champ back a bit..this time itís Lee turn for the chop which can be heard everyone and an obvious red hand mark appears on Kushidaís chest. The champ is looking to try and take him out..off the ropes Kushida goes as Lee attempts the Spirit Bomb...

Itís reversed into a hurricanrana...cover is made

2.......kick out!!!

Another attempt at the Kushida Lock but the champ breaks out of it...the match goes on with the fans on the edge of their seat..back and forth with no one knowing whatís going to happen next...an instant classic match is being presented as fans are realize how amazing both these wrestlers are.

They are starting to show signs of fatigue with Kushida even getting a small cut on his forehead. The agility of Kushida is beginning to slow down with Lee even trying to take any break he could to catch his breathe. At this point of the match Kushida is in control...he goes off the ropes and catches the champ with a hard dropkick knocking Lee to one knee...once more he goes off the ropes and out of nowhere Keith Lee catches him with the Ground Zero....cover

Kick out!!!!! Lee is shocked that he was able to kick out...the crowd is shocked..Lee gets him back up and goes for the Spirit Bomb but no Kushida blocks it with several punches to the head...he backs up and charges looking for an enzugiri but wait that also gets reversed into the Spirit Bomb.....cover

And this amazing match finally comes to an end. The fans are on their feet showing both these competitors respect for this amazing match.

Winner: via pinfall Keith Lee in 16:01

Afterwards an obvious exhausted Keith Lee uses the ropes to get on his feet when ďFIGHTĒ hits the PA system as the #1 Contender for his title Kevin Owens comes out to a huge roar of cheers from the crowd. He proceeds to walk around the ring and grab the NXT Heavyweight Title before rolling into the ring. A confused Keith Lee is trying to not fall over. Owens proceeds to get a good look at the belt before placing it over Keith Leeís shoulder. He gives it a tap on the belt before mouthing something off. The show comes to an end with Kevin Owens walking back up the ramp while Lee watches on from the center of the ring. Next week it will be Keith Lee taking on Kevin Owens for the NXT Heavyweight Championship.

Chikara Trainee

Status

NXT

10/07/2020

We are welcomed to NXT by Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix. We get a wide view shot of Full Sail University before we settle inside where the fans are all chanting NXT. We cut across the audience in anticipation for another episode of the hottest brand in the WWE.
    Mauro mentions that tonight will be a ground breaking episode because Keith Lee will be defending his NXT Heavyweight Championship against the #1 Contender, Kevin Owens. You can hear the excitement in the commentators voice because this is something every fan have been wanting to see. Beth Phoenix also reminds us that tonight we will also get the contract signing between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong. She expects that all hell will break loose once those two superstars are in the ring together. Beth lets us know that we will be having a match to start the show as Mia Yim will be taking on Raquel Gonzalez. Last week the NXT Womenís Champion Dakota Kai said that if Mia is able to defeat Raquel tonight she will earn herself a title match at NXT Takeover: War Games live from Winter Park arena in Orlando, Florida.

Mia Yim vs Raquel Gonzalez

On the outside the Womenís Champion Dakota Kai is just stalking Mia which is obviously distracting her. The match starts off with Mia avoiding getting caught by Raquel and using her experience to take her down. A headlock is applied to hold her opponent down but Raquel is able to use her strength to lift her and drop her with a sidewalk slam. On the outside Dakota is barking out orders at Raquel wanting to make sure she takes Mia completely out so she wouldnít have to face her at Takeover. It looks like Raquel is completely dominating this match using her strength to hit some heavy moves on Mia. She gets a close victory after hitting Mia with a vicious looking running power slam.

The crowd are starting to get behind Mia while on the outside Dakota is yelling at them to be quite. It takes some time but Mia starts making a comeback to the shock of everyone. At one point Raquel attempts a clothesline but gets backbody dropped to the outside, almost landing on Dakota. The champ is shocked and is desperately trying to get Raquel up and that distraction allows Mia to dive through the ropes with a suicide dive.

Mia gets her opponent back in the ring and goes straight to the top rope. Dakota gets on the apron trying to get her distracted but it only gets her a kick to the face knocking her down. She dives off at a standing Raquel looking for a hurricarana but gets caught instead...powerbomb connects...Raquel signals for the end when all of a sudden...

[CHICANE BOYS]

Raquel looks over to the entrance ramp and this distraction allows Mia to roll her up for a pinfall...

3.................!!!

Winner: via pinfall, Mia Yim at 8:33

After the match a very excited Mia Yim rolls out the win and back up the ramp celebrating her huge win as Tegan Knox finally comes out and stands tall at the top of the ramp. In the ring Dakota Kai is screaming at Tegan Knox for costing Raquel the match and, thus, giving Mia a title match at NXT Takeover: War Games. Tegan is looking very proud at what she just accomplished. Beth comments that there will be hell to pay because Dakota and Raquel look extremely furious on what just happened.

We cut to the back in the locker room and see Robert Stone on his knees begging Mercedes Martinez to stay as his client. Aliyah is in the background almost feeling ashamed at what she is witnessing.

~~Robert Stone~~
    Please...please Mercedes I promise that it will get better. Iíll talk to Mr. Joe and get you another chance at that NXT Womenís Title. Iíll...umm..Iíll pay you..yeah yeah Iíll pay you. I just need one more chance...in fact have you received all those gifts Iíve been sending you the last two weeks?

~~Aliyah~~
    Is that the reason you said that you were broke?

~~Robert Stone~~
    (Looking at Aliyah) Shush please!!! (He turns his attention back to Mercedes) Iíve tried calling you for weeks Mercedes Iím just asking you for one more chance..please?

~~Mercedes Martinez~~
    You need to get your ass off my floor.

Stone immediately gets up trying to wipe off some of the tears rolling down his eyes.

~~Mercedes Martinez~~
    Look..I told you from day one that I had to become the Womens Champion and for weeks Iíve been waiting and waiting and still nothing. I knew you were a joke from day one but you guaranteed that I would be the face of the division and that has yet to happen. In fact people like Tegan Knox are getting more opportunities than me. And In fact it was your fault I didnít win the number 1 contenders match a few weeks back when you and Aliyah distracted me so explain to me why in the hell would I ever have you manage me again? Iíll answer that for you...there is no reason for me to waste my time with you anymore.

~~Robert Stone~~
    I promise itís going to be different..I have a whole strategy plan I wanted to go over with you. Look..I have this PowerPoint presentation I would love to show you if......

~~Mercedes Martinez~~
    I donít care. To be honest I found myself a manager that knows who number one is and is already making moves on getting me a title match very very soon. Let me introduce him to you...

Mercedes loos to the door as we hear the door creak open and Robert Stone jaw opens up. A man walks into the shot and itís none other than Malcom Bivons.

~~Mercedes Martinez~~
    This is the manager who is going to make sure I become the Womenís Champion. Heís all business and all about making me his top priority.

~~Malcolm Bivons~~
    Why hello there Robert...you see Iím a business man and I know how to treat talent with respect and guarantee their success. This begging? (Bivens slightly shakes his head) this is just embarrassing.

Bivons notices Aliyah in the back.

~~Malcolm Bivons~~
    Hey there Aliyah...you know if you get tired of always being in the background give me a call..

Bivons hands her his business card before Mercedes signals for them to leave...they walk away together while we get a view of Robert Stone looking stunned until we see Bivons return..

~~Malcolm Bivons~~
    Oh one more thing Robert...I do need a driver that knows the area so if youíre interested in a job give me a call.

Bivons hands him his card as he walks away..a furious looking Robert Stone crumbles the card. We head to a commercial break with Aliyah trying to comfort her manager.
    All of a sudden before going to break we get a video playing of James Ellering standing in front of the Authors of Pain. He says the NXT fans witnessed a small taste of the pain they will inflict on every single tag team in NXT. He says soon enough..before anyone could even guess..the pain will be brought into the light and in the end the only one standing will be A......O........P!!!

Commercial Break

We get welcomed back by Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix who inform us that coming up next will be the contract signing between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong. Before we get to that they go over their history in this video package.

We go back to NXT Takeover in 2018 as we see Roderick Strong attacking Pete Dunne and seeing Adam Cole having a huge smile on his face.

Two of the greatest wrestlers NXT has ever seen were on top of the mountain for years.

A shot of Adam Cole winning the NXT Heavyweight Championship back at Takeover XXV. Roderick Strong is seen giving him a hug being proud of him.

Two men who helped each other elevate themselves to championship victories.

We go back to seeing Roderick Strong winning the North American Championship defeating Velveteen Dream. A shot of every member of the Undisputed Era holding a title.

Yet, those days are over. Jealousy, greed, power and the need for recognition ruined this friendship forever.

We are now watching Roderick Strong and Undisputed Era turning on Adam Cole and costing him his match against Pat McAfee.

That time is over....we overhear Adam Coleís voice saying, ďIím the greatest ever and this is my time.Ē It transitions to Roderick Strong who says, ďNo more....itís my time now and you will no longer be on top of the mountain.Ē

We go back to the last few weeks of Adam Cole and Roderick Strong going back and forth. The background music playing is Last Resort by Papa Roach.

It is now time for them to face each other one on one...but tonight it is made official and this is personal.

[TIME TO PLAY THE GAME]

Mauro Ranello is still shocked that Triple H will be the one who will make this match official but it does make sense since Triple H was the man responsible on making sure he was able to sign these two superstars to NXT. The crowd are all up on their feet cheering out loud and they get even louder when Triple H comes out wearing a very fancy suit. He looks around Full Sail looking so proud of all the fans being so passionate over this brand he helped build. He makes his way down the ramp and into the ring. Inside we see an office desk with two chairs sitting across from each other and there is about 10 security guards surrounding the ring. The contract is in the center of the table with a pen next to it. Triple H goes over to the corner and is handed a mic by an official. The crowds cheering starts to simmer down.

~~Triple H~~
    Thank you for everyone for being witnesses to this contract signing. Both these superstars were the foundation of this brand and together they were a part of the greatest collection of superstars ever in NXT History. Adam Cole, Kyle OíReilly, Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong...Undisputed Era.

The crowd begin an Adam Cole chant.

~~Triple H~~
    On one side we have Adam Cole...a former NXT Heavyweight Champion who is arguably one of the greatest NXT superstars of all time. He has showcased his talent all over the world and in my opinion he is going to be one of the top guys in the WWE for a very long time. Undisputed Era just wouldnít be as impactful if it wasnít for Adam Cole.

The crowd scream out, ďBay BayĒ

~~Triple H~~
    (Chuckles a bit) of course. On the other side we have Roderick Strong...a former North American Champion and Tag Team Champion. He is considered by many to be one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time. He has had so many classic matches with guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Daniel Bryan...so you know he is able to hang with the best in the business. He came from nothing and proved himself. The day I signed him I knew that he was going to be an impact player here in NXT.

The crowd start a Undisputed chant.

~~Triple H~~
    So now let me introduce to you all these two superstars who will collide in two weeks at NXT Takeover: War Games. First, residing out of Tampa, Florida...RODERICK STRONG!

[UNDISPUTED]

Roderick Strong comes out on his own proudly wearing his Undisputed Era t-shirt and wresting gear on. He does his Undisputed taunt before making his way down and into the ring. He goes up to Triple H and shakes his hand before settling down in the chair facing the entrance.

~~Triple H~~
    Before I introduce the next competitor...Roddy I need to be assured that Bobby Fish and Kyle OíReilly will not be coming out and attacking him. I need this to go smoothly and this security will make sure of that..do you understand?

Roderick just nods at him.

~~Triple H~~
    Alright...so the next superstar from Lancaster, Pennsylvania...ADAM COLE!

Fans, ďBayBayĒ is screamed out. Adam Cole comes out to a huge roar of cheers from the crowd. He has his eyes dead set on Roderick Strong...he makes his way down the ramp and into the ring..all while keeping his eyes locked in on Roderick Strong. He stands there as we see Triple H telling him that he needs him to sit down. It takes some time before Adam Cole sits down on the opposite chair.

~~Triple H~~
    Thank you to both of you for coming out here. Go ahead and sign so we can make this match official.

Both superstars keep staring each other time without moving. Roderick is the first to flinch as he goes ahead and signs the contract before slamming the pen down.

~~Triple H~~
    Alright...Adam youíre next.

Adam Cole signals for the mic...Triple H is trying to calm him down but Cole continues demanding the mic...Triple H gives up and hands it to him.

~~Adam Cole~~
    Before I sign this. I just wanted to tell you Roddy that I thought about what you said this past week. And to be honest with you Roddy...youíre right. Yes, I did put myself in front of Undisputed Era to help elevate my career. Yes, I did use you all to become the NXT Heavyweight Champion. And yes...I did make it all about myself...but the reason for all that Roddy is because no matter how amazing you were in that ring...how great of a tag team Bobby Fish and Kyle OíReilly are or as individual wrestlers...none of you grabbed that brass ring.

Adam leans a bit closer.

~~Adam Cole~~
    I didnít complain, I didnít go cry online or the dirt sheets, all I did was go in this ring week in and week out and bust my ass. Injured or not I fought every day to showcase to everyone..from Triple H to Vince McMahon...to even my personal hero Shawn Michaels who was always backstage...I showcased to them all that Iím the best in the world. This is why I took leadership in the group and this is why I made it about myself. Itís because you didnít have what it took to be the top guy. I faced the best this business had to offer and my hard work is the reason why I am the longest NXT Heavyweight Champion.....EVER! In two weeks Roddy...Iím kicking your ass and once Iíll again show the world why Im the top guy in this business...And yeah..I made a lot of enemies and always had friends around me in this business and yeah in the end of the day I sacrificed a lot of friendships to be at the top and thatís something I will have to live with for the rest of my life..but the one thing I will never regret is working hard every single day to be the NXT heavyweight champion because at the end of the day that title is the only reason why you should even be in this business.

Adam Cole puts the mic down before signing the contract himself. Triple H picks up the mic.

~~Triple H~~
    Thank you gentleman and now itís official. In two weeks we are going to be witnesses to what is already being called a match of the year candidate...Adam Cole versus Roderick Strong at Takeover: War Games!!

Both superstars get up talking smack to each other. It doesnít take long before they get face to face. Triple H is trying his best to tell them to back off but neither is listening. Triple H orders the security guards to keep them apart. Both superstars are still talking smack and it doesnít take long for Strong attempting to get a cheap shot in. The punch doesnít connect but all hell breaks loose as Cole tackles him and starts with the ground and pound. The security guards are finally able to pull Adam Cole apart while Roderick Strong retreats out of the ring. He heads up the ramp while security are still holding Adam Cole back inside the ring.

ďWRESTLE & FLOWĒ plays throughout Full Sail while security finally lets him go and Adam starts yelling at Roderick Strong who is standing at the top of the ramp. Triple H signals for a commercial break so order can be restored.

Commercial Break

We are back and the ring has been emptied and back to normal. Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix talk about how this rivalry between Adam Cole and Roderick Strong keeps getting personal and who knows how chaotic their match will be at Takeover. Next up will be the highly anticipated tag team match as Shotzi Blackheart will team up with Nikki Cross against Toni Storm and Io Shirai. The winner of this match will take on the Womenís Tag Team Champions. Beth wonders if the duo of Storm and Cross can co-exist and take on this huge challenge.

Tag Team Match
    Io Shirai & Toni Storm vs Nikki Cross & Shotzi Blackheart

The crowd is at a standhill not knowing who to cheer. The match starts off with Io Shirai and Shotzi Blackheart trading shots back and forth with neither backing down. It took a swift kick to the gut to finally take Shotzi down. Both competitors are just looking for that home run hit. The crowd is fully behind this match and canít believe the intensity of both wrestlers. A tag to Toni finally ends the assault...the surprising team of Toni and Io hit Shotzi with a backbody drop into a back breaker for a near fall.

Toni is using her ring knowledge to keep Shotzi far away from getting a tag. She tries to end the match early on after connecting with a double arm suplex she only gets a near fall..halfway in Shotzi is able to counter with an enzuguri which gives her some time to crawl over to her corner. Toni gets the tag on Io who rushes Shotzi before she could get the tag. In a surprisingly move Shotzi is able to move out of the way in the last second after Nikki cross warned her. Io lands hard on the corner and this time Shotzi gets the tag. Cross comes in with full steam hitting Io with a triple German suplex followed up with a Death Valley driver...cover is made

Kick out!!!!!

The match goes on with Nikki in control of the match which does last a little while before getting a tag on Shotzi...the match goes on with hard shots being taken by both teams. It starts to slow down a bit after Toni Storm hit a superplex to Cross from the top rope. The crowd is giving an ovation to both these teams knowing how hard they are both going at it. Storm is looking to end it with the Storm Zero but Cross is able to reverse it into a roll up..

Kick out at the very last moment...Cross is pleading to the ref that this match should be over but he disagrees and says that Toni kicked out..Cross is trying to calm herself down at her corner while Shotzi asks for the tag but cross is too furious...during this time Storm gets the tag on Io who rushes Cross and slams her into the corner...before she falls down Shotzi gets the tag on the way down..Io goes for the cover but the ref is telling her that she isnít the legal person..Io is up confused at whatís going on and this allows Shotzi to connect with the Tiger Suplex on Io..cover is made..

The underdog team comes out with a huge victory.

Winners: via pinfall, Nikki Cross & Shotzi Blackheart at 11:23

Afterwards a shocked Cross runs in and helps Shotzi up to her feet before giving her a huge hug and then raising her arm in celebration. The crowd are completely behind this shocking win. Toni and Io give their competitors a handshake before leaving. Beth Phoenix says that this is what womens wrestling is all about. Mauro Ranello informs us that we will now be going backstage with Jojo who is set for an interview with the North American Champion Damien Priest.

Jojo is in the backstage interview area with Damien Priest next to her.

~~Jojo~~
    Iím here with the North American Champion. So Damien Priest what went through your mind last week when Shinsuke Nakamura teased hitting you with the Kinshasa?

~~Damien Priest~~
    Look....Shinsuke Nakamura wanted to play mind games with me and thatís fine but if he thinks that he can intimidate me? Naw...that will never happen. I made it very clear that when I won the North American Title that I want to face the best wrestlers NXT has to offer. Heís an NXT Legend and one of the greatest ever so Iím not backing down from that challenge.

~~Jojo~~
    Well Samoa Joe has made it very clear that he didnít want to put any champions at risk because of the recent injuries he has caused...how would you be able to face Shinsuke Nakamura?

~~Damien Priest~~
    Listen..I donít care what Samoa Joe says. At one point he was all about being a fighting champion and taking on the best. Now? He puts that suite on and wants to take care of his wrestlers. This business is very violent and I never back down from a fight. I made it known to Shinsuke that I want that match and whether or not Joe makes it official...I will be fighting Shinsuke Nakamura.

The moment he says this Priest looks up and notices Samoa Joe who walks into frame.

~~Samoa Joe~~
    Listen..Iíve been facing some of the best wrestlers in the world for years and years...because of that Iím not able to wrestle anymore and now Iím missing out on facing some of the newest top talent here NXT and the rest of the WWE has to offer. I missed out on creating some amazing memories and getting myself a Wrestlemania moment. Iím now in position of power to not only provide these fans the best product I can but to also gives wrestlers like yourself longevity so you wouldnít regret on missing out some amazing matches and being forced out of NXT. Iím doing you a damn favor and youíre too stupid to see that.

~~Damien Priest~~
    I didnít get into this business to play it safe...I came into this business to kick ass and become a champion. Iíve become a champion and now I want to kick ass. I want Shinsuke Nakamura in a match and I want it at Takeover..I donít care if I have to put my title on the line because I want to show the world that Iím the real deal.
    Joe ponders for a bit...

~~Samoa Joe~~
    Listen kid I respect the grind and your willingness to take him on....fine....Iíll give you that match..so at Takeover War Games it will be Damien Priest versus Shinsuke Nakamura for the North American Championship.

Priest smiles and nods..he starts to walk away but Joe stops him..

~~Samoa Joe~~
    One more thing...if you happen to get injured and your career may be at jeopardy then just know that I gave you every opportunity to back out of this...backing down from a fight isnít a coward move..

~~Damien Priest~~
    I ainít losing Joe and after I beat him and retain my North American Championship...Iím going to keep facing the best and I will keep taking them out...one by one...and just remember that playing it safe doesnít get me anything in this world.

Priest smirks at Joe before walking away while Joe just looks on being proud at the fight Damien Priest is showing. We head to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

We come back to NXT where we see Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde hanging out at poolside with a few beautiful women all over them. Santos is laying down at a pool chair. He has the cruiserweight championship laying on him. He signals the women to leave almost noticing that the camera is now on him. He sits up and looks directly at the camera as it zooms in a bit.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    Kalisto is such a unique luchador...he has yet to show his face in NXT for weeks now and has yet to step up to me like a man. Iíve been patiently waiting for him to drop his match at takeover but it looks like he really is going to go through with this. Itís okay because I will just need to teach him a lesson...but who knows if heíll even make it to Takeover.

Santos snaps his fingers at Joaquin who reaches inside a backup and pulls out Kalistos mask with some obvious blood stains on it. He hands it over to Santos.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    Oh how could I forget? I understand why you havenít been seen much. This mask represents you Kalisto and you wear it with pride. I know have it in my possession with your blood in it. Iíve already won and thereís nothing you can even do about it. I hope youíre able to make it to Takeover so I can teach you some respect in front of everyone but I guess this would do for now.

Santos tosses the mask to the side.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    You wore that mask and look where itís getting you...I told you that I would run this division my way and look what Iím doing..I wish the beating you received already was in front of the world but this needed to be personal...fortunately for you there is two weeks left till Takeover so hopefully youíll recover but then again...who knows.

Santos chuckles a bit feeling proud at what was done.

~~Santos Escobar~~
    So how about this Kalisto..next week Iíll be in a match and I would love for you to watch so you can see what Iím capable of in front of the entire world. I want to witness my reign as el Rey de los luchadores! Yo so el Rey...Iím the King! You are no one compared to me. I run this division and will always run this division. You are just another luchador who will fall victim to me. I promise you that if you make it to takeover you will never ever be the same again.

Santos proceeds to lay back completely while the women return around him. We are taken back to Full Sail to watch the next match of the night.

[CATCH YOUR BREATH]

Finn Balor comes out to a huge roar of cheers from the crowd. He comes out in his usual gear with leather jacket on. He looks around with a smile on his face before heading down to the ring doing his usual taunts. He gets into the ring waiting for his partners to show up.

[BREAK BOOGIE]

The NXT Tag Team Champions...Tyler Breeze and Fandango are out next dancing their way out and belts around their waist. The tag champs make their way down grooving to the music. The crowd is right there with them dancing and having fun. The champs make it into the ring and a switch is flipped because they are now serious as they wait for their opponents. All three superstars knowing exactly what their opponents are all about.

[UNDISPUTED]

Roderick Strong, Kyle OíReilly and Bobby Fish are out looking united and in sync. The trio have their eyes locked in on their opponents wanting to make a statement two weeks before Takeover War Games. They make it down to the ring removing their Undisputed Era t shirt right before getting into the ring. All three does their pose before going to their respected corner.

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    Finn Balor & Breezango vs Undisputed Era

The match starts off with Finn Balor and Roderick Strong staring each other down. Balor is ready to fight but Roderick instead tags in Bobby Fish telling Balor that he can wait. The match starts off with a lockup followed into a headlock...whip to the ropes Balor goes and Fish catches him with a shoulder block..Balor back to his feet and this time Fish goes off the ropes but Balor catches him with a snap suplex...the match goes on with Fish using his technical abilities to weaken his opponent down before tagging in Roderick Strong.

He goes on to several different submission moves looking to have Balor quit but he is refusing. Out of nowhere a Pele kick knocks Strong down which allows Balor to tag in Tyler Breeze. He runs in and knocks all of Undisputed Era down off the apron. The crowd is fully behind him. Back and forth the action goes between both teams but itís obvious that the Undisputed Era has the experience working as a team since they have the upper hand in the match for most of the time.

Fandango is showing some hope for his team after connecting with a swinging ddt to Kyle OíReilly followed up by his leg drop from the top rope. The cover is made

3....kick out!

Fandango is shocked..quick tag to Breeze who runs in and hits OíReilly with the Beauty Shot...cover....Strong and Fish run in but get taken down by Balor and Breeze

Kick out! Tyler Breeze and even the crowd is shocked that OíReilly kicked out...the chaos between the other four competitors are on the outside..Breeze goes to the top rope and dives off with a cross body knocking everyone down. The action continues with total nonstop action between both teams. Itís starting to look like Undisputed Era is closing in on the match as Roderick Strong has a half Boston crab locked on Finn Balor...he has him in the center of the ring...somehow Balor fights out of it and kicks Strong who accidentally runs into the referee...chaos erupted between both teams once more....Roderick Strong takes advantage and brings in a chair..the crowd starts cheering as we see someone coming in from the crowd and itís none other than Adam Cole...he slides into the ring and hits Roderick Strong with a superkick to the chair smacking it to Roderick Strong face...he places Balor over him as the ref is finally gaining conscious at the other four competitors are on the outside fighting...cover...

3..........!
    Winner: via pinfall, Finn Balor, Tyler Breeze & Fandango at 9:02

Adam Cole goes back into the crowd laughing at Roderick Strong while Fish and OíReilly slide into the ring and try to help him back up. Adam Cole looking proud at what he just did decides to leave to the backstage area while Undisputed Era are slowly getting back on their feet. We go to a commercial break while Balor and Breezango celebrate their win on the outside.

Commercial Break

Before we go to Jojo who is set to interview Isaiah ďSwerveĒ Scott we get a video package of Keith Lee winning the NXT Heavyweight Championship against Adam Cole a few months ago. We transition to seeing Kevin Owens becoming the NXT Champion when he beat down Sami Zayn so bad that the referee had to stop the match. In the background we hear Samoa Joe talk about these two monsters going head to head tonight to show who really is the top wrestler in NXT Today.

We are now with Jojo who is in the interview area backstage. She is joined by Isaiah ďSwerveĒ Scott.

~~Jojo~~
    So Isaiah everyone is wondering what....

~~Isaiah Scott~~
    Sorry to cut you off but I need to say something really important. I lost the chance of becoming the cruiserweight championship weeks ago against Santos Escobar. I ainít done at challenging for that title. Naw...I ainít done at all. Iíll give him credit...he is one of the best this division has to offer but I know for a fact that Iím a better wrestler.

~~Jojo~~
    Last week you also had a match against Mojo Rawley and you came up short. Explain to me what you think is going wrong.

~~Isaiah Scott~~
    Itís nothing that canít be fixed. You see Jojo when I first signed with NXT I knew there would be some speed bumps on the road to being a champion and thatís okay because Iíll learn from those losses and be a better wrestler. My goal is to be a champion and that goal hasnít changed. Iím still going to go out there and bust my ass every single night until I get another shot at the cruiserweight title. Iíve defeated Santos Escobar before and I know that I can do it again. I do understand that Kalisto is getting that shot and Iím rooting for the homie but I want to be the man that takes him down. If Kalisto is able to overcome the odds and win then Iím going to take him down..no hard feelings of course.

~~Jojo~~
    Earlier today we saw Santos holding the mask of Kalisto with blood on it..does that concern you in anyway?

~~Isaiah Scott~~
    I know that heís okay and I know that Santos is nothing but throwing propaganda out to the fans. He didnít do anything to Kalisto because Santos Escobar is nothing but talk. He likes to play that heís the big boss around the cruiserweight division but if you take away his two little puppies heís nothing but a scared little man. Also...as for Mojo...this ainít over..not by a long shot..you donít take a shot at the cruiserweight division and get away with it..I promise you that youíll get yours real soon.

Isaiah walks away leaving Jojo taken back a bit. We go back to Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix ready to commentate on the next match which will be the Alpha Invitational. Last week ďThe AlphaĒ Austin Theory said that he would be holding an invitational to second or more generation wrestlers who have yet to sign with the WWE so he can showcase why he is the Alpha and the greatest first generation wrestler ever. Beth says that she believes this is just a ploy for him to finally get a win since he hasnít won a match since returning to NXT. They did receive word that this invitational will continue next week as well.

The Alpha Invitational
    Austin Theory vs ???

Theory comes out with his chest pumped out and looking cocky as ever. He heads down to the ring with a mic in hand. The crowd is giving him a ton of heat for the dirty looks heís giving to them. He demands the crowd to quite down by snapping his fingers at them but this gets the opposite reaction. He waits a bit for them to calm down.

~~Austin Theory~~
    Are you guys done yet?

The crowd gets even louder now. Moments go by before they finally settle down.

~~Austin Theory~~
    Like I wanted to say before being rudely interrupted and I swear all of you better stay quite so I can talk....tonight is about opportunity and an opportunity for the past to be brought into the future. I made myself very clear to everyone that Iím the Alpha and the greatest first generation wrestler ever...which means I need to take out the second, third, hell, fourth generation wrestler to prove to everyone that the past really doesnít matter and having a proven last name doesnít do you any justice. In fact all it does is give you a one way ticket to getting beat down by someone like me. So for tonight I will be facing a second generation wrestler..his father had a somewhat memorable run as a wrestler...I mean to be honest I donít remember anything about him but he counts so whatever..I will be doing this invitational until Iím satisfied that you people realize what a gem you have in me and stop looking at the past to see the future..so anyways bring out my opponent for this week...Colby Corino!

ĎThe Alphaí Austin Theory vs Colby Corino

Theory is taunting his opponent while the crowd chants Corino out loud. The chant infuriates Theory who rushes his opponent and takes him down with a belly to back suplex. He gets his opponent up and connects with the Unproven Cutter..cover is made

Winner: via submission, Austin Theory at 0:45 seconds

Afterwards Theory stomps his opponent to the outside. He starts celebrating like he just won a title. The crowd is obviously wishing someone would just shut him up. Mauro mentions that he didnít even give his opponent a chance to have a fair match. Beth Phoenix wonders who will he be facing next week. We go to a commercial break and both commentators hype up that the next match will be tonightís main event which is for the NXT Heavyweight Championship between Keith Lee and Kevin Owens.

Commercial Break

We are brought back to see Kevin Owens walking down the hall looking completely motivated to winning the title. He keeps going straight having his head held up high. We transition to Keith Lee walking down a different hallway with the NXT Heavyweight Title over his shoulder. He suddenly gets stopped by Tommaso Ciampa.

~~Tommaso Ciampa~~
    Hey man I just want to apologize for what I did last month in my return match. I know that you have this huge title defense coming up but I just wanted to stop by and apologize and wish you luck. I know you got this.

~~Keith Lee~~
    Donít even worry about it..I understand now why youíre frustrated especially with being forced to retire. I dedicate this match to you my good sir. I just wish that I could have gotten a chance to face you in a match.

Ciampa looks down a bit and taps Keith Lee shoulder before walking away. The Champ continues his walk looking ready for his title defense. Mauro Ranello and Beth Phoenix discuss who they think will win this match. Mauro has no clue because these two superstars are very similar in style but he doesnít expect a huge battle with no end in sight. Beth thinks that Kevin Owens has the advantage because Keith Lee is coming off a huge match last week when he took on Kushida.

NXT Heavyweight Championship
    Keith Lee (c) vs Kevin Owens

The crowd is up on their feet with both superstars staying in their respective corners. The bell rings but both of them are still in their corner sizing each other up. They both go up to the center of the ring getting face to face. The crowds cheers keep going up with Kevin Owens being the first to break by running his mouth. Owens shoves Lee but it doesnít faze him. He shoves KO but he isnít backing down. They both go back into the center with Owens getting even louder when all of a sudden both superstars starts trading shots and the crowd going nuts.

Lee is the first to get the upper hand which forces Owens to roll out the ring. He starts contemplating his next move after realize just how strong Keith Lee is. The ref starts the count and KO yells at him that he knows. The goes back in and action takes off with him coming off the ropes looking for a shoulder block but Lee still isnít fazed. KO slaps Lee and that gets the champ to tackle his opponent into the corner and hits several shoulder shots. Lee takes Owens to the top rope and looks for a modified back breaker but Owens fights out of it and somehow is able to hit the champ with a swinging ddt. The prize fighter goes straight into the attack hitting shot after shot followed up with a running senton....cover...

2..kick out!

He takes no break as Owens gets Lee back up and whips him into the corner..he charges but Lee puts his foot up dazing his opponent a bit...the champ with a belly to belly suplex followed up with a overhead belly to belly suplex..cover

Kick out!!!

Keith Lee is a bit surprised but he continues the attack with several chops followed by a vertical suplex...to the top rope he goes...MOONSAULT but KO moves out of the way just in time...to the top he goes..FROG SPLASH...it connects...cover..

3...kick out!

KO is stunned along with the crowd..the pace of the match starts to slow down a bit as KO works on Keith Lee right leg realizing that this is the best strategy to keep the champ down...he applies several leg locks and even connects with a jumping elbow drop..it gets to the point where he even starts to taunt Keith Lee..

KO even drags him to the corner and shoves Lee right leg into the steel corner...a bit of heelish side is showing but itís almost the only thing he can do to try and win this match...he drags his opponent to the outside and connects with a body slam to the steel steps before stomping away on the leg...KO realizing that the count is getting close to ten rolls in and out of the ring breaking the count...he gets his opponent up and looks to go for a powerbomb but Lee gets out of it and somehow hits a dropkick...

Lee is holding his right leg in pain before taking his opponent back into the ring...the champ is trying his best to take control of the match but all the shots to his right leg is really showcasing how damaged he is and may not even recover enough in this match..he even attempts to connect with a Spirit Bomb but the right leg doesnít hold up and drops KO down...he attempts it once more but this time KO hits him with a stunner out of nowhere..both men are down as the crowd cheers them on..

KO slowly crawls and covers Keith Lee.

Kick out!!!! KO isnít too surprised and he takes Keith Lee back up to his feet..he goes for the stunner once more but this time itís Keith Lee who uses all his energy and connects with the Spirit Bomb...you can tell it took everything out of him as Lee is holding his right leg in utter pain...he is trying his best to go for the cover but it takes a good while before he does..

3......kick out!

The crowd is stunned and Keith Lee has no idea on what to do...match goes on with both superstars struggling to trade shots...it really comes down to who can really hit that one big move....itís starting to look like Kevin Owens would be the one to come out on top...he bounces Keith Lee off the ropes and catches him with the pop up powerbomb...the crowd gets up on their feet..cover.

Kick out!!! Omg...the crowd is shocked..Kevin Owens is shocked..hell...even the referee is shocked....KO starts to get extremely furious...he gets Keith Lee back up and goes for the stunner...as he starts to go down to fully connect Keith Lee uses his strength and holds KO up before he can fully drop down..everyone is shocked...lee takes him back up and lifts him up with the Spirit Bomb...the crowd have never seen this before...the champ goes for the cover..

3............!!

The crowd is shocked as Keith Lee is able to come out with the win. Beth Phoenix even mentions that they have never seen someone reverse a stunner that way.

Winner: via pinfall and still NXT Champion, Keith Lee at 23:56

After the match before Keith Lee could even celebrate Mark and Jay Briscoe run in from the opposite side of the ring..they both start to double team the champ trying to keep him down...in an almost Hulk manner he burst out and shoves Jay to the corner before throwing Mark over the top...Jay starts pummeling away on the champs back but Lee is able to turn around and hit a stiff head butt knocking him back..Lee proceeds to throw Jay over the top as he lands on Mark on the outside...LIMITLESS plays in the PA system as Keith Lee grabs his belt and raises it up high..the Briscoes retreat up the ramp shocked on how Keith Lee was able to fight them both off...the show goes off the air with Keith Lee having the title over his shoulder and staring down two of his opponents at War Games.

Side note: I do want to apologize for the late show. I had a covid scare so I really didnít have time to get this done and fill out the match in longer detail like I had hoped for. Hope you all enjoy

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

First and foremost, I'm glad you're doing okay. COVID sucks so I'm thankful you're in the clear. No apologies necessary for a "late show."

A few things I liked:

- Cole/Strong build is really well done. I love the premise behind the split of UE and how Cole came out later in the evening to cost the UE their match. Cole's moment on the shtick was strong and best promo of the evening.

- Bivens and Stone is a feud of managers I'm here for! Having Stone on his knees begging showed the power dynamic shifting away, which was beautiful storytelling.

- I'm a fan of Austin Theory's invitational. Colby Corino is an interesting pick, especially with all the controversy in his personal life, but I can't wait to see who is next on the invitational.

- Main event was good!! Obviously get Lee over by defeating Owens clean is the right move and considering the circumstances, I thought you did a fantastic job.

If I was able to make a couple suggestions tho:

- The "1 2 3" is used for dramatization and I like the idea. But maybe it'd be more effective to go about it another way without using the "3." Anytime I've seen the 3, I believe it's final. Something like:

..... 1
    ..... 2
    .... KICK OUT!

or

Ooonnneee
    Twwwooooo
    Thrrrrr- (just with this you don't wanna string two e's together)

Either of those get the point across without using the definitive number 3 and still have a kick-out.

- This is really advanced scriptwriting stuff, but there were times I wouldn't know who was speaking based on the exchange (particularly the Priest/Joe segment). This comes with time, but to keep the mystique and uniqueness of guys like Priest, maybe speaking as he would, as well as Joe. This comes with getting a feel for the character and imagining their voice in your head as you type. Asking yourself, does this sound like something Damien Priest could deliver and still come across as the Archer of Infamy? I think you did well with that from Adam Cole and Santos Escobar.

Looking forward to next week's show!! Most intrigued to see who accepts Theory's invitational.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information