Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/07/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/07/2020

AEW2.jpg

aew1.jpg

Other matches include a 10 man tag team battle between the Inner Cricle and Best Friends & Jurrasic Express (Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy). AEW Champion Jon Moxley teaming with Darby Allen against Ricky Starks and Brian Cage. The AEW Tag Team titles will be on the line as Kenny Omega and Hangman Page defend against the returning Evil Uno and Stu Grayson. And Hikaru Shida is in a non-title match against Diamante. Plus MJF will adresss the audience about the "State Of The Industry".

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 29/07/2020

Would be nice to see the Dark Order have the tag titles, especially if they are allowed to switch up who is wrestling...and even more so if we can get even more tension between Page & Omega...but it's not going to happen is it?
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

[be more kind]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Would be nice to see the Dark Order have the tag titles, ...but it's not going to happen is it?
    I bloody well hope it doesn't!

I'm guessing we're setting up for Elite/Bucks/FTR at the next PPV

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑿𝑬

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Dark Order with the Titles, oh please no! :/ I'm sorry, they're baaaaddd.

Brodie was my I can't wait for him to leave and be better outside of the WWE guy.. and I can't believe this is the outcome. So bland.

Can't wait for the 'MJF' promo, he's the best thing about All Elite Wresting IMO. The guy is so good, best heel in the business for me currently.

I'm not familiar with Warhorse but Cody has consistently put out good matches with this TnT Championship so expecting the same. Only critique for me is his alignment. Seems to change week to week with Cody. Felt he was the heel against Sonny Kiss but clearly the face against Kingston. Confusing.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Only critique for me is his alignment. Seems to change week to week with Cody. Felt he was the heel against Sonny Kiss but clearly the face against Kingston. Confusing.
    That has been my big issue with Cody since day 1 in AEW that his alignment just changes whenever it suits the situation of who he wants to wrestle that week.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

Please get this jobber off my screen lol. Dog shit wrestler with a dog shit gimmick.

Internet Favorite

Status

Cody attacked by some shitty Dark Order goons for seemingly no reason, Zack Ryder for the save. Talk about one of the most underwhelming and completely out of nowhere debuts ever. Not like Ryder deserves anything special tho.

Internet Favorite

Status

Looks like Mox/MJF is gonna be the World Title match for All Out, not sure if I'm a fan of how they approached the set up for it though

Internet Favorite

Status

Starks just cut a great promo. They slotted this guy into a big spot right off the bat and he just immediately delivered. First time I saw him, I was like meh, but I'm sold now.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Cody attacked by some shitty Dark Order goons for seemingly no reason, Zack Ryder for the save. Talk about one of the most underwhelming and completely out of nowhere debuts ever. Not like Ryder deserves anything special tho.
    Yeah I do wonder where the consistency of that is going. DO are obviously all over Hangman/Omega at the moment so why go for Cody? It can't just be for Cordana's debut...surely it has to lead to a member going after Cody soon enough? If it doesn't then talk about pointless haha!

Taz cracked me up at the end of then night complaining that Darby used a skateboard covered in thumbtacks on Starks to get the win, even though it was a No DQ contest....nice one Taz.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Warehorse sucks ass. Where was Kingston after last week?

MJF is someone I have been pretty down on pretty much his entire career but he cut a god-tier heel promo tonight. EASILY the highlight of the show and there was a lot of decent stuff on it. I agree with Excalibur being a big loss, the show needs someone who knows these guys in and out as well as the moveset.

"THAT'S MATT CARDONA!".

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Warehorse sucks ass. Where was Kingston after last week?

MJF is someone I have been pretty down on pretty much his entire career but he cut a god-tier heel promo tonight. EASILY the highlight of the show and there was a lot of decent stuff on it. I agree with Excalibur being a big loss, the show needs someone who knows these guys in and out as well as the moveset.

"THAT'S MATT CARDONA!".
    Unfortunately I don't think Kingston is signed if he isn't, I highly doubt it was a decision on AEW's end, because they seem like they'd love to him on board.

Also can we talk about how AEW has just struck absolutely gold in the young talent department? MJF, Sammy, and Starks are just so damn good and all in different ways.

WAKE UP

Status

Agreed Warhorse sucks. We want Kingston back!

I wasn't so on board with the MJF promo. The whole gimmick of doing a political rally type thing feels better in theory than in practice, and some of it felt like he was trying to do a worked shoot-ish thing talking about ratings and how Moxley is a dictator backstage, it all felt kinda dumb to me.

Buffed up Zack Ryder looks like the spit of Cash Wheeler and that confused me for a moment.

Main event was good fun, though Cage and Starks aren't particularly good. Starks atleast has personality and cut a good promo, but neither looked looked in the match. Props for taking the finish atleast, that was nasty. Excited for Darby vs Mox next week. Looks like they'll be adding Sammy vs Hardy, Jericho vs OC 2 and FTR vs Bucks vs Page/Omega to the next PPV at some stage.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

I take back my earlier cynicism of the women’s tag tournament. I didn’t realise they were bringing Cameron from the Funkadactyls in for this.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

All that hype from Warhorse fans for quite the mediocre appearance...

Hopefully they're just waiting for a good time to bring Kingston back with a decent angle, rather than just not signing him.

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑿𝑬

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I take back my earlier cynicism of the women’s tag tournament. I didn’t realise they were bringing Cameron from the Funkadactyls in for this.
    I literally couldn't believe it when I seen they signed her.. I honestly thought it was an error

I don't know who's in control of the Women's Division, I'm hearing it's Kenny? Either way, stop, please! Let someone else do it.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

That MJF promo read like the millions of generic efed heel promos I've read in the decade I've been on the internet. It didn't make me hate him, it made me realize it was the perfect moment to go finish making myself supper.

I don't really have high hopes for Cardona. He's never shown himself to be a talented wrestler, and doesn't have the occasional great match like Cody is capable of having. I hope he surprises & impresses.

As for Cody's alignment thing - I'm 100% aboard how it's going so far. I dont need people to act one dimensionally. Cody behaves appropriately based on the given opponent and people have antiquated opinions of how wrestling should work (black/white) without just taking characters & their layers for what they are. AEW's roster is full of guys who adapt & alter their behavior based on who they're dealing with and while it doesn't suit others, I much prefer the way they're dealing with alignments over the alternative on other companies.

The trajectory seems to point to Cody eventually losing those layers to be a more clear cut guy to cheer against but I would be pretty happy if they stuck to keeping Cody a layered character. I felt like they were teasing a Four Horsemen stable with FTR/Cody & either Page or more likely fall guy Shawn Spears w/ Tully & Arn at their side.

Also, Stark is nice on the mic. I've got a better impression of him this week than his TNT title challenge.

Eddie Kingston was straight up amazing last week but Im not all that bothered that he's not sticking around.

Anyways, AEW is still super fun to watch. Looking forward to next week!

Thread Information