Status

FIGHT NIGHT 07/24/20 CARD

LIVE FROM THE Wells Fargo Center
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    FRIDAY, JULY 24, 2020

MAIN EVENT
    The Elite Tag Team Classic
    Retribution Bracket
    Michelle von Horrowitz and Gerald Grayson vs "24K" Nova Diamond and "Amadeus" Kevin Cromwell

"The Exile" Cyrus Truth (w/ "The Artist" Eli Black)
    vs.
    The FWA North American Champion Krash(w/ "The Prodigy" Mike Parr)[/B]

Retribution Bracket
    "The Affliction" (Michael Garcia and Kayden Knox)
    vs.

The Valanders (Louis and Mike Valander)

"The Wildcard" Jason Randall vs Orion

Retribution Bracket
    "The King of the FWA" Dave Sullivan and Ty Johnson
    vs.
    Danny Toner and "Donny Toner"

Tag Team match
    The New Breed vs. The Milk Men

Retribution Bracket
    "Black Caramel" (Gabrielle Montgomery and Alyster Black)

vs

The Undisputed Alliance

Also... A very explosive edition ofA Chardonnay with Marie as "The Carnegie Carnivore" Michael Garcia and "The King" Dave Sullivan will sign the contract for their FWA Championship match at Division's Rules! And as we know, there are always fireworks at these things! Which of these men will establish dominance heading into their championship match at Division's Rules?

Last edited by Sayer; 07-22-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: FIGHT NIGHT 07/24/20 CARD

I am confused why is Randall fighting twice and didnt Sully lose?

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Just made a mistake. Its fixed now. Thank ya.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Just made a mistake. Its fixed now. Thank ya.
    I'm your partner I got your back

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I'm your partner I got your back
    Yeah, well I got his NOSE

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Just dropping in some reviews...

The UA -
    I thought that this was a good read, I thought you wrote the interaction between Nate and his daughter very well. It felt really natural and did a good job in rounding Savage out a bit more as an actual person outside of the FWA. I thought the references to Uncle Fenix were amusing, and his daughter being a big Gabrielle fan was a nice touch. I liked the home town feel you got across in this promo, and you did a fantastic job of describing how much this meant to Nate. I think you did well at getting depth despite the promo being on the short side. I'd have liked a little bit more focus on Fenix as well, I guess, because it does seem a little one-sided for a tag team promo. But overall I enjoyed this and think it's probably the best UA promo I've read since I came back.

Krash
    - Another extremely creative and impressive promo. I thought the central concept was intriguing from the off and really hooked you in, and the execution of the idea was flawless. Taking us through the history between these two characters was maybe an obvious choice but considering the length and the importance of their interactions in the past (as well as the very un-obvious way that you approached this) I thought that was a wise move. Your characterisation of Krash is second to none and your promos always feel very unique, in that I know exactly which character I'm reading about from the very first sentence. The ending of the promo was very funny but I must admit a bit jarring maybe that Parr and Krash have gone from dipping each other's heads in piranha tanks to essentially FWA's Troy and Abed. But when the output of that relationship is as strong as last week's and this week's promo I don't think that necessarily matters too much.

Black Caramel - First off, the idea of a black pudding covered in caramel is the stuff of nightmares. I thought the only real problem with this promo was that when they were describing that monstrosity they were all about how sweet and delicate it was without mentioning the congealed pig's blood or the contrast between that and the caramel. This needs addressing and I think some reference to that should be edited in. Otherwise, though, I thought this was a really strong promo and, just like two shows ago, the key strength of it was the chemistry between the two characters. I've been using the word natural occasionally when reviewing teams in this tournament, and sometimes I feel that's the case with Gaby and Alyster, and others I feel that the contrast between the characters causes a clash so that the dialogue seems realistically unnatural, if that makes sense. Gabrielle lounging around with Black was an interesting read, and my favourite line in the promo was Alyster noting that she was there to see how he lived, to get a taste of his life, etc. I guess this promo was deliberately trying to get across the differences between the two characters and contrasting their private lives, with Gaby hosting Alyster in 'her life' at the restaurant and then Black doing the same at his apartment. This was a really clever and nice touch and I thought that came across really well within the promo.

Danny and Donny -
    This was a very funny promo. I think it's often quite difficult to do comedy in promos but you've pulled it off very well, particularly with the slightly meta, breaking down the fourth wall stuff ("Yup. Nothing about the 10yr + estrangement." was a particular highlight). I definitely want to know more about the Danny/Donny back-story, even if this promo deliberately didn't delve into that and focused on them coming together as opposed to what drove them apart. I thought that was a good move as I feel more invested in the Donny character now, and I think any reveals based on the character's history will now feel more impactful because of it. I'm not sure the last little stretch, in the quote box, is really necessary. It's obviously well written and a good read, but I think it treads over similar ground (albeit more directly) as the King of the Iron Double Fist (love this reference) section of the promo, albeit in a more direct way. Maybe integrating those points into the rest of the role-play wouldn't make them feel a little tagged on. I think Toner was desperately unlucky with the no-show two weeks ago and I'm glad to see you've now got a fighting chance in this match, and I hope this won't be the last we see of Danny and Donny.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Undisputed Alliance: A tag team promo where one member of the tag team is completely absent seems like a big risk. But you really executed it wonderfully. Fenix's involvement here would have detracted from the promo honestly. This was a more personal and meaningful promo from Nate, and you made that clear and made that mean something. I like how that stems from this simply being in his home town. We get his daughter, and her being a big Gabby fan and what all of this means to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    Black Caramel - First off, the idea of a black pudding covered in caramel is the stuff of nightmares. I thought the only real problem with this promo was that when they were describing that monstrosity they were all about how sweet and delicate it was without mentioning the congealed pig's blood or the contrast between that and the caramel. This needs addressing and I think some reference to that should be edited in.
    The Black Caramel black pudding is so good that it works together!

Thread Information