Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

AEW Presents: Fight for the Fallen 07/15/20

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: AEW Presents: Fight for the Fallen 07/15/20

I think Cody's open challenge is a bit too open when guys like Marc Quen a week after an injury and Sonny Kiss, who's been getting beat up by Archer, can get title shots.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Watching for FTR/Lucha Bros alone

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

Interesting to see how Mox-Cage goes (not that the result is in doubt) and the FTR-Lucha Bros tag should be good.

Internet Favorite

Status

Honestly I really like the plethora of challengers Cody is taking on. Yeah sure, the results are kind of obvious. However looking back at it, Cody played a huge role in giving a guy like Darby Allin some rub and building his momentum. This is a great way for them to not only test the water with wrestlers, but help those wrestlers build up potential fanbases. Someone can watch Cody vs Sonny Kiss and possibly think to themselves "hey you know what, I enjoyed that, I'm kind of rooting for Sonny Kiss now". I think people are too fixated on wrestlers current positions and roles on the roster and not as much on future outlook. These matches can also one day add to a story. Imagine a lower carder now getting stomped by Cody, then gaining momentum and breaking out in the future, reflecting on this match, and using it to build an even bigger match vs Cody. AEW have given me a reason to believe that they can competently book and story build for me to look at a match and feel like there's potential payoff in it. Maybe I'm over-analyzing, but I just really like how they're going about the run and the title atm. I just wish Cody didn't have Arn because I feel like it's hurting Cody a lot more than it is helping.

[be more kind]

Status

The thing with challenges like this is that you're always gonna have your "challengers-of-the-week", especially if Cody intends on holding the title a while. He goes through decent names every week and that benefits no one but him. At least the lower carders get the opportunity and exposure.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The show looks fine. They built up Moxley vs Cage really well under the circumstances and gave some intrigue to a match that I normally wouldn't look twice at.

The FTR vs Lucha Bros match could go either way on how good it actually is, but it's a big tag match for FTR before I persume they'll begin eye'ing the tag team titles.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

What would you all say if I told you I lowkey like The Nightmare Sisters?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    I'd say that you're taking my spot of having out of the box favourites.

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑿𝑬

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Really excited for the Lucha Bro's vs FTR :D Such different styles but I feel like that match is going to bang!

Jungle Life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Brandi Rhodes ik I'm always for
    Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status

Damn that Sonny/Cody match was one of the worst things I've watched in a while

TUFF

Status

So like... the Nightmare Sisters weren't horrible.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    So like... the Nightmare Sisters weren't horrible.
    I find Brandi and Allie both to be very likeable irl. The more they're able to just be themselves, I think the better they'll fare as characters.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I would argue they have the opposite problem, Allie is good at playing characters, let’s not forget how the character started afterall. Whereas Brandi can’t speak without sounding like she’s reading the news, however I must say I prefer this compared to the Nightmare Collective - though I think that mainly failed due to the fact the stable had no credible reason to be together other than wanting Kong to cut people’s hair for the visual. I know that AEW have discussed the idea of having women’s titles before but right now I think they really need to solidify their singles division, it’s only since Shida has reigned that it feels like there is a division.

TUFF

Status

I think the women's division will heat up as we're getting Ivelisse vs. Diamante next week. Not only that, but Thunder Rosa even replied to Shida's challenge on Twitter. These three women are definitely some signings that AEW should make as they'll boost the women's division. Those three, Nightmare Sisters, Shida, Nyla, and Statlander. That's a decent division.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

WAKE UP

Status

Yea a lot of the wrestling on this show was a miss. I want to like Sonny as he seems like good people and brings something different, but the match with Cody wasn't good. The running theme for these Cody defences seem to be that his opponent is secondary to the over-arching storyline between Cody and Arn, which is fine while the opponents are low-card guys getting an opportunity to share their wares, but I have to wonder what the pay off is going to be here.

FTR vs Lucha Bros was pretty underwhelming. It was maybe a better than average Lucha Bros spotfest with some cool moments, but ultimately it was a Lucha Bros spotfest, which isn't something particularly memorable or exciting. Interesting that FTR basically turned heel here though it didn't come across as a big moment.

While I am not really into Jericho vs OC round 2 happening so quick, the segment was good. One of the best things about the IC guys is that they all pretty good at comedy, and their reaction to the orange juice was hilarious. OF COURSE Ortiz spent about 2 minutes splashing around!

The JE vs Elite 6-man was solid. Jungle Boy looked good again, really developing as a worker, and I enjoyed the end run. Jericho calling Stunt matches is always a treat. However I will beat this drum again, I have really come to dislike Luchasaurus. The guy reminded me of Kevin Nash with how everyone had to run into his boots and kicks for him to hit them.

Moxley vs Cage was such a dead match. Moxley took a couple big bumps, but they didn't come off particularly dramatic and he otherwise looked very un-motivated. Cage is just Cage, a guy who just hits big moves with no real rhyme or reason to them. I get protecting Cage with the finish, but it really felt like Moxley needed a decisive win to pick up some momentum after a month out. Great to see Darby back though.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Not a great show I agree. I saw what they were going for in every match but it didn't work for me 9/10. I did like the Lucha Bros vs FTR match. More so than I usually do with Lucha Bros matches but it was lacking a real spark ultimately. Called FTR using this match to challenge Kenny and Page straight away and they did just that. Fully expect FTR to take the tag belts in the eventual title match. Kenny looked like he's teasing a turn after the six man tag anyway so now's a good time to split apart Page and Kenny as a team.

Cody vs Sonny Kiss was clunky and awkward. Not good. Kiss probably needs a better suited opponent than Cody to get the best out of what he does.

Main event bored the heck out of me. Brian Cage is so ineffective in anything he does. And Moxley had a big off night. Darby returning was the only highlight in the main event.

Internet Favorite

Status

The Cody/Arn pairing is the least beneficial pairing I've seen in a while. Am I the only one who thinks it's hurting Cody, like a lot? Dude literally just goes hey lil mama lemme whispa in ya ear all the time, and slightly interferes in matches sometimes. Cody is/was your hottest face act without Arn, so like I'm really confused as to what the fuck they're thinking here lmao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information