Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 24/06/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 24/06/2020

ezgif-4-8bde63c06db7.jpg

We are one week away from the special editions of Dynamite named "Fyter Fest". Setting up their upcoming match, Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy are set to have a face off tonight on AEW Dynamite. Also to set up a match scheduled for next week, Taz, Brian Cage's mangager, will be on commentary for AEW World Champion Jon Moxley's match. Will anything more happen? Elsewhere FTR is set to face Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian of SCU. And the Lumberbacks will be called out to contain two behemoths. Wardlow takes on Luchasaurus 1 v1.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 24/06/2020

Luchasaurus vs Wardlow was a poor man's Lee vs Dijak with worse wrestlers. I get he's trying to be different, but Luchasaurus but might the worst big man in wrestling.

Otherwise a good show with strong booking on it. I'm not into the Dark Order, Colt or SCU in 2020, but the booking of that whole deal is atleast pretty good.

Shida squash and brawl with Ford was effective.

Taz continues to be the best thing about Cage's act and has really proven himself to be a good heel manager, I hope he can stick around after FF and hopefully get paired with someone more interesting.

Interesting they've gone for an 8-man tag for FTR's first big event match, but I guess they are trying not to run out all their matches too quickly. Still, an 8-man clusterfuck spotfest is less interesting than any of the other options.

Hager's wife as the Heater's Heater was... something. Zero interest in Cody vs Hager.

Final segment was strong and again Jericho really carried it and made it. OC needs to work on the execution of his brawling but the effort was there and it's probably the match I'm the most interested in for the FF shows.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

This was a pretty fun show overall, only things I didn’t care for were FTR vs SCU, Brian Cage, and Matt Hardy. Favorite bits of the night was Wardlow/Luchasaurus, Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela vignette and their match vs Lee/Colt (seriously, push Kiss and Janela), Britt Baker, and OC/Jericho.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

The Tag Team Title vignette was also on point.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The tag vignette was awesome. Actually made me care about the best friends being in the tag title picture. A little surprised by the eight man tag, but like it was mentioned earlier don’t wanna run through all the potential great tag matches. The press conference was unique though I wish it was with someone different than Hager.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Anybody else get slightly annoyed when a Lumberjack match ends up with both men fighting outside of the ring, basically ignoring the point of the Lumberjacks? Really bothered me with the opening.

Thought the show overall was pretty damn good though, and I'll echo the above sentiments about the tag segment. A bit of a stretch selling Best Friends as "the hottest team in wrestling", but was still really good.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Honestly after seeing people's reactions to the match (Luchasaurs vs Wardlow), I was expected something a bit wilder. I still think they don't work too well together. Luchasaurus keeps trying to impliment his really slow and static strike exchanges into the match which Wardlow isn't great at either. Wardlow still did some cool powermoves but I wanted more of them and less of what we got.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

If AEW had any sort of rules enforcement prior to the Lumberjack match, I'd have been disappointed in the outside fighting, as it stands it's pretty par for the course. I enjoyed the match for what it was, nothing legendary, but a few neat spots and a set up for Fyter Fest.

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the lumberjack match as for one it was extremely unnecessary and then the lumberjacks were mostly useless during the match and their only purpose was to be there for the high spots.

[Run]

Status

Didn't have as much beef with the lumberjack match as others, although I question booking a match like that during Covid-19. Speaking of, appreciate AEW acknowledging it's happening and stating clearly that's why talent are missing. Comes across far less cringey than WWE.

Only bit of the show I wasn't a fan of was Hardy/Santana. It speaks volumes about AEW's tag division that P&P are almost an afterthought right now.

Tag Title match hype package was dope. FTR vs SCU was real damn good too. Glad Penta and Fenix are back.

LOL at another singular women's match going less than a minute.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information